40s week 2/15/10

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies, I'm here early today, was up waaaay too early with neck issues. I did MMA KB and the Heavy bag w/o with 1 lb gloves today. Thought it'd help work out the kink in my neck, no such luck. The heavy bag w/o was good for a change of pace and I worked harder than I thought I would! Sat I did GS legs ....that one always gives me the DOMS. Sunday was Jari Love R&C UB portions only.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Nothing extraordinary here. I did load up on some dove chocolates, hopefully I'll not splurge too much on them! Today DH and both DS are skiing, so I'll get to see my one son I don't see much at dinner tonight.

That's about it.

Hi girls! Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day! Today I did GS legs, yesterday was KPC, Sat, I did Ronne's thing she did the other day, 4DS BC and LIC upper body, that was fun and fast. Lisa, hope your neck feels better, that is always so annoying! Have fun with your son tonight! Hi to you Murphy and Ronne. The kids and I are going to see Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, hope it is good. Sometimes I end up falling asleep at their movies! Mary

ah, heaven... I finally cracked my neck in such a way that makes it feel soooo much better....I don't need no stinking chiropractor (they scare me). Hopefully it starts feeling better and better....I hate when this happens.

Wow, I feel like I'm talking to myself! :) I did step moves today, foot held up pretty good. My neck is better. DH is out of town now this week. Not much more to say :)

HI All,

Still with the STS. My Valentine's Day was not much to speak of. My DH had a track meet (he coaches) so the DD's and I had a girls day. It was not so bad. DH usually gets off easy on Valentine's Day - I don't like chocolate (I eat but don't care for it), I don't care for flowers (I have a gangrene thumb), I already have perfume and etc. that I need to use up and I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I usually tell him to get me something exercise related but this year there really is nothing I want. Lucky him!

Murphy

This must be a slow week for everyone. Now that I am doing STS, I feel like I have nothing to write about. Blah, blah, blah, disc #..., blah, blah, blah, ... I will say this, I think I blocked out all the 10,000 push-ups. Who needs the 100's six week program, I am doing it now in less than 1/2 the time! I am enjoying the mix of STS and the shock cardio. I must admit, I need the planning, the organization. I am seeing results so I won't complain about anything. I would probably see better and faster results if I ate better. I am not eating badly, just a lot of nuts and enough"bars" (larabars, lunabars, etc. 1/day) - sweets for the sweets and nuts for the nuts!

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

Well, today I feel like I goofed off. I'm just not feeling strong lately so maybe that's signally I need a rest week? I started CTX UB, got through Chest and Back and then felt my neck start hurting, so I quit and did no equipment abs. I don't even feel guilty.

Murphy, I think I've put on a couple pounds since my lowest weight (and I still had a tummy then).....I feel I'm eating good food (I admit to a couple chocolates a day), just more than I probably need, but then I'm hungry and I refuse to starve myself forever. I like my nut butters and bars too. Remember to go for the health, the rest may or may not follow but you'll have your health, right?

Hi to everyone else.....

Hi girls! Today was GS C&T, had to take yesterday off, life again! Lisa, how is your neck? Any better? Maybe the upper body was too much for it. Murphy, good job with STS. Don't beat yourself up about the eating, you should be so proud of yourself, working, kids, marriage, a house and all that goes with that, and working out. You are a busy girl. Well, everyone have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Hi everyone....I did Step Blast today...it was at the bottom of the pile so figured it was time. Hardcore Extreme is at the bottom too, but it's staying there! That blast challenged at the end of Step Blast is always tough. My foot held up pretty well and my knee was just a little achy. I'm glad I didn't push myself on my upper body workout yesterday otherwise I know my neck would be worse...it's not so bad now. Geez, I feel like I'm getting old or something! :) My oldest sis called me a couple days ago (she's turning 54 this year) and she's all upset because she's losing her hair and she's thinking it's because she thinks she's officially in menopause. Our father was bald in his 20s so we do have a gene there somewhere for thin hair! She's even thinking of a wig! I know mine has thinned through the years but I figure, it is what it is. My other sis (the one that is mad at me right now) has always had super super thin hair.

Well, off to work....hope everyone is hanging in there ok!

Unplanned rest day. Of course that means that I am now off schedule w/ STS. I guess in the world of sane people it won't matter but then of course I am not on that planet. :)

Hi girls! Are you both going crazy? Can I come too? Today was MMA, boxing. I don't know why I enjoy that one so much! Work was busy, tomorrow can't come soon enough. Some-times I feel like I am wishing my life away waiting for a day off! Lisa, my Hardcore Extreme is sitting the same place yours is! I avoid that one! Murphy, tomorrow you will get back on schedule! Have a good day! Mary

Today was the rest of CTX UB (shoulder/Bi/Tri) and abs from SJP.

Mary, I know how you feel about wishing your life away just for a certain day to come. I will say that is one thing I try to learn from mine and Maddy's experience these last couple months. She doesn't worry about tomorrow or wish for the night when she gets her tripe, she lives in the moment--you can especially see it when we walk and see how absorbed she is in the fun at that time. It's amazing what we can learn from animals and babies, isn't it?

Hope everyone has a good weekend. DH and DS are off to CSM (Colo school of mines) for a campus visit. I'm staying home because Maddy needs her food/meds and the campus visit is an all day event. So while I'll miss it it's ok because I know what all the visit encompasses, plus I'm living the moment with Maddy for as many moments as we will have together. :)

Oh forgot to tell you all, the poor thing is going blind (from cateracts). She can't see the steps/curbs too well to jump up onto/off of them. Yesterday she totally misjudged and did a face plant into the curb, took her a bit to get up, but she was up before I managed to bend over her checking to see how she was and she totally forgot the experience while I fretted over her spill (feeling responsible, like a Mom). Putting her out in the backyard is becoming an ordeal since she can't see to get down the 1 step and very ungracefully jumps down it and sometimes jumps over the step to land hard on the patio (bad for her arthritis). Right now it's mostly an ordeal at night, even with the lights on :)

Have a good weekend everyone, cold snowy here....I'm ready for spring!

Okay, another rest day with no real excuse - does laziness count? Okay, back on the wagon tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone has a bearable weekend, wishing many DOMS for all of us (me especially). Talk to all of you soon.

Lisa - best wishes for Maddy.

Hey, It is Friday! Today will be GS BSB, just finished washing the floors, will have to vacuum, wash, clean the bathrooms, etc... Murphy, your body must be screaming for a break! I wish you miserable DOMS this weekend! Lisa, hope all is well with Maddy, enjoy your day alone tomorrow! have a good weekend all, talk to you Mon. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.