40's week of 12/4/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Starting off the thread for the week. Let me apologize for lack of personals. I love having your opinions on the dresses! got the jewelry for the gown today, spent more than I wanted, but it's awesome. The plan is to do the pics tomorrow afternoon after our biking on the beach. Our feet are too tired for any more shopping! I will make sure to take pics of back too, full length shot and closer up shot to try to show the detail. I need a foot massage!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Thanks for starting the thread, Lisa--I bet you are whipped but I am sure it also feels great to have it all taken care of? You two should go for a hot stone mani pedi after bike ride and before pics!

I did IMAX2 this Sun morning and went to dance for the first time in a month, yea! I heart bellydance. : ) Next week will be a butt kicker, let's see how the workouts go. My finals aren't until next weekend, but I got a lot done on my classes this weekend. I've got to do some investigative work on my internet, it is so slow, something is up.

I did 4DS/LIS this Mon morning before work

Have a great Mon all

Last edited:
Hello

Lisa - I had a quick look at the pics. I like 1 & 2 as well. Looking forward to seeing the full thing.

Jody - well done for getting those workouts in along with everything else!

Had a good workout weekend - did Athletic Training on Sat and TurboBarre on Sun. Really liked AT - love the variety in it. TB hurt but I was surprised not to have any DOMS today. Did Yoga Max this morning - liked that as well. The only one I haven't done yet is Slide & Glide. I'm really liking this new series. I think I'll be using it a lot. It was worth the wait!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is Athletic Training I haven't done this one all the way through so should be interesting. I am thinking about going to a yoga class to help me understand the whole breathing and movement thing. I can get two weeks fro 25.00.

Jody-good job with your workouts.

Lisa-a massage and pedi sound like a good idea.

Hi all! Rest day, I think. I had work meetings for next semester. Also, my hip is bothering me more so today, so we shall see. Lisa, where are those pictures? Hope you are having fun! When do you come home? Ronne, so I need to know, what was that cocktail you had the other day? Are you going to try S&G on tues? Roxie, AT is hard! After the first 30 min it is more manageable! At least for me. Jody, good luck on that test! I will say prayer for you. Raining all day here,very ugly! Murphy, do you have Internet? We bought DH his Christmas present early today, a Mac air book. Very cute! My words, not his! We got a great deal at the college, also discount for being an instructor. He is very excited! Have a good night! Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did High Step Challenge instead of Athletic Training I really haven't watched all of the workout so I didn't know what it entailed.

Did biking on the beach, I'm guessing close to 20 miles. the app I was using to track distance was stopped and I didn't realize it. Jody you must have the pro version of endo? I was hot and stinky after the bike ride and my bum still hurts. Kayaking tomorrow. Got pics taken now have to wait for my sister can upload to her computer. I thought it would be easier/better for her to get them to the internet, it's just now taking longer.

No time for mani/pedi today.

Roxie, like Mary said, after first 30 min AT is easief, so just know it's on 30 min of intensity that way you might survive.

Ronne, sounds like you are getting the workouts in. did you do LICh yet?

Mary, I fly back Thursday. So far CO has had 3 snowstorms while I've been gone. 6"&8"&3". Been real cold too 10 for high today. I picked a good time to be gone.

Jodi. The end is in sight for you with school!

Lisa, my Endomondo is just freebie... but I've changed the settings so that it keeps tracking until I tell it to stop. I found that when I walk -jog -sprinted, or biked but had to stop at lights, it got confuzzled. Maybe that is what is going on? Or maybe it lost your gps? Are you in Ormond? Did you do that loop?

I also use a Hiit interval timer sometimes, simultaneously.

Jody, then I guess I'm not sure what happened (hard to see my phone in this sun, not to mention I still don't know how to operate this phone). Didn't see how you post to FB. We only rode the bikes down Daytona to Ponce inlet , stopped right before the channel to New Smyrna.

Went to bed early because I was tired, now I'm awake at 2 am, I miss my bed!

My settings are to automatically post to FB, which it prompted me on when completing workout- check out the menu when you aren't actually working out and fix settings. IKWYM, I can't see my phone face outside either. Bike ride sounds fun tho, sorry about no sleep. : (

Mary, tx for prayer! Its sunny and nice here in FL : ) Come on down (and bring some of that house cleaning energy w/ you, lol). Congrats on your purchase for dh. I have a hard time getting gifts for the men in my life (dad, BF)

Ronne, you are plowing thru the new series. Good for you. I like to hear what everyone has to say about the workouts. I am skipping this morning, the next 4 days will be full tilt boogie from ding to dong, I'm using my workout time to be reflective and meditative. : )

Waves to all including Roxie and Murphy, who hopefully has her internet back soon.

Here's the pics. Some were out of focus--guess my sis is a better shopper than photographer :). Didn't get a good one of the back either, on the top is the ruching like the front has.

Attachments

• image-1398942948.jpg
    image-1398942948.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image-3261359300.jpg
    image-3261359300.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 6
  • image-3177244760.jpg
    image-3177244760.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image-283658467.jpg
    image-283658467.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image-4075451099.jpg
    image-4075451099.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image-4184195125.jpg
    image-4184195125.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image-2328326359.jpg
    image-2328326359.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone

Lisa - great photos. So is that the daytime outfit and the evening outfit for the wedding? I'm impressed with all the workouts you've been getting in alongside the shopping!

Jody - lots of deep breaths and down time and then you can go crazy when you've got the exams out of the way!

Mary - well done for taking a rest day - I know that you're really bad at that!! Gluhwein is mulled wine - hot wine with spices. We drink it at Christmas here (it's German originally). Lovely when you're wandering around a Christmas market and need to keep warm!

Today was LICh - I switched it with Trisets UB because my back and shoulders were quite sore from YM yesterday. I'm enjoying the new choreography - it makes a change. Finally got some work again, so that's keeping me busy.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is Imax 2 intervals 1-5 and Basic Stretch #1. I wish I could sleep at night waking up with heat spells.

Lisa-the dresses are beautiful and look good on you.

Hi girls! Did TF today, I think I need new bands, it wasn't as hard as I remember! Well, the shoulder work was! Lisa, love what you picked! You have been a shopping fool! And the workouts you are getting in on vacation! Jody, for room and board I will gladly come down to clean! Are you by the ocean or do you have a pool? I need a little sun! Roxie, I get hot flashes too at night, DH goes to bed like he is dressed for a snowstorm and I am throwing th covers off! Ronne, well that drink sounds just about perfect for the holidays. My upper back was sore from YM also, probably all those downward dogs! Murphy, you on line yet? I brought Christmas up from the basement, kids will be thrilled. DH will have to do the tree! Have a good day! Mary

One hour of kayaking on the intercoastal ( water between land and island as I understand it, as in no waves). It was not a normal kayak, really a wide surfboard with a sling to support your back. You can stand on the board and paddle too. I managed to get up from a sitting position where your legs are straight out in front up to a standing position and didn't fall! It took a lot of concentration, balance, and lower leg muscles standing on the board---guide told me I was probably squeezing my toes to grip the board and that's why the leg muscles hurt a bit. I also couldn't really look around as if I looked anywhere other than straight ahead I think I would have fallen in! My sis did better standing but she said she had to concentrate too so she wouldn't fall in. I did better than her at getting from sitting to standing, what helped me was picturing myself on thos turtle rolls in one of the MMA workouts. So tomorrow we will climb floridas tallest lighthouse, 175 steps.

Ronnie, work enough for me since I'm playing. After this trip I have a lot of work to do to pay for it all!,,

Roxie, I wake up hot too. My sis (she's 8 yrs older) told me I was probably having a hot flash one morning while getting ready, I was blaming the humidity :). My skin is soaking in the moisture.

Mary, wanna come to CO ? Will trade room/board for deep house cleaning :) we've accumulated so much "stuff". I know DH will love his MB air. I love my Mac. The iPad I'm eh about.

Jody, after the semester we expect your reviews of the new workouts. They will be knew to me again when I get back home since I've only done each of them one time.

Ronne, yes the short dress is for rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the night before, and the gown the wedding obviously.

Hello!

Lisa - that's quite different to a wedding here then. There's no rehearsal dressing up so you'd just buy an outfit for the day itself - either two things (one to change into in the evening) or just one outfit for the whole day (and that wouldn't be a floor length evening dress). Also the MOB and MOG would wear a hat!!
Tha kayaking sounds like hard work! Couldn't you get someone to take you out on a yacht?!!:eek:

Mary - that shows you've got stronger! Yay for you! So have you got the tree up yet or will that have to wait to the weekend? We're going to buy our tree this weekend and probably decorate the house.

Hope the revision is going well, Jody! Hi to Roxie and Murphy if you're lurking.

Did Trisets UB today. Really liking it! Love the different exercises and feel like I'm working hard without lifting mega weights. One thing you'll all appreciate - I was doing the stretch at the end, pulling my right arm across to stretch the shoulder and I could feel a bump coming down from my shoulder - realised that's my muscle!!! Woo hoo! It's the little things, isn't it?!

Ronne, bump? That's a cut! Feels so good! I've been getting to see all my bumps while in all these dressing rooms, if only I could lose some fat to see even more clearly! I'm hearing from my sis that it gets even harder in your 50's, sigh.

We are skipping the lighthouse, sis's feet too sore. Instead will work on the rehearsal dinner menu and place setting cards to prepare for printing. Oh Ronnie, this wedding is formal, she has 5 bridesmaids,hence the long gown. A bit over the top for what I did for my wedding, for sure! That's why I needed my sis's help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.