40s - week of 10/9/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Today was MM.

Mary, I didn't wash my hair today(a first for me). Let's see how it turns out. I did sweat a little. Smells good with the lavender spray.

Jody, DH has lumps under his skin in a few places. Dermatologist called them something (can't remember because DH probably didn't tell me exactly what Dr said). Fingers crossed it's same thing.

Had snow yesterday in Golden where DS19 is at college. OMG! Saw DS had a nice lunch, he said he feels better but didn't turn down a dr appt. Will see about making him one during his fall break and let the dr make the judgement call. Normally I probably would have said "oh, he's feeling better it was just a girl thing", but there is no reason for him to miserable in general if he doesn't need to be.

Gotta run, can't believe it's already 11 here, time flies tooooooo much on the weekends!

No work out today. After church I went straight to the basement - tired of waiting for DH to fix it up. I painted yesterday and DH painted what I could not reach. Today I am packing away papers, cleaning the floor and putting the place back together. I hope to be in Cathe-land tomorrow.

Lisa - I will pray for all of you. Hopefully you will get good news all around.

Murphy

OK, call me a ham, but here are some pics of very quick second day hair. This no washing with good results is a first for me. I have pics because I'm getting suggestions from the girls on naturallycurly.com so thought I'd share here too.

I did sweat a bit during MM, but my hair doesn't feel ubber icky, not sure I could pull this off after a major cardio session.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-10-09 at 11.29.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-09 at 11.29.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo on 2011-10-09 at 11.26 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-10-09 at 11.26 #2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2
Hey Murphy, think of your cleaning up as a workout! Not sure my post came across right....DH lumps are nothing, hoping that Jody's DD are the same type of thing.

Good Aftenoon,

DH and I took my mom home this morning, I woke up with a migraine so I didn't want to drive. Its cloudy here with a chance of rain and I think the barometric pressure is causing my headache now its time for a nap.

Lisa-your hair is cute.

Murphy-sometimes we just can't wait on the dhs.

Hi girls! Today took the kids to they valley and we ran the trails and did some hills. We had fun and the dog is exhausted! Yesterday we went to the cookout, had so much fun. We rode dirt bikes and go carts. My hair was huge! Lisa, ok I will tell you. I only wash my hair once per week, otherwise it gets too dry. Now you know the truth, don't be disgusted! Glad to hear about DS, sometimes we all need a little help. Life does get overwhelming at times. Good that he is open to things. Roxie, hope your head feels better. Murphy, sometimes husbands need a poke. I know my does! Jody, hope all is well with DD. Ronne, how was the birthday dinner? Well, off to grocery store, Mary

Mary, that sounds like fun, I'm sure the canine loved it more than the humans :) Once a week isn't gross, although I do have to say that my hair might look ok today but I feel like a goober. I tried this not washing thing before and couldn't ever quit feeling like a goober, my hairdresser said my scalp would get used to it and quit producing oil that I stripped away with each washing. Will see, if I make it any further this time, maybe with the non-sulfate shampoo it will help in the long run.

Hi all

Lisa - the hair is looking good. Stick with it and hold off the washing. I'm like Mary - I wash my hair every three days otherwise it gets too fluffy.
Glad things went well with younger DS - keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Murphy - good news on the basement, sounds like you're getting there. You'll be back in Catheland in no time.

Roxie - hope the headache has cleared up.

Had a good weekend. Did PS CST on Sat and a rest day yesterday. DH's birthday went well. He was pleased with his pressies and DD and I made a wicked chocolate cake (he took half of it to work this morning, and I'm rather glad!). Went out to a nice pizza place last night.
Did Plyo Legs today and it didn't kill me quite as much as last time, I did manage to finish it this time.
Getting quite excited as I'm off on a trip this week. I'm going to see a friend in Switzerland for a long weekend. I'm going on the train, via Paris, which I've never done before!

Morning girls! Did GS C&T this morning, arms are still quivering. Lisa, it is a mind thing about washing your hair, once you get past having to do it in your head, it's all good. Also, saves you a lot of time in the morning. I do wet mine everyday and condition it. I just let it air dry. Ronne, dinner sounds like you had fun. Cake sounds amazing! Murphy, are you back in Cathe land? Sounds like we will have our dvd's by the end of the month! Roxie, how's your head today? Jody, what's new with you? On fall break this week, loving the quiet with everyone gone! Well, off to the shower and errands, Mary

Did RS today, I kept it low key so wasn't too hard.

Ronne, there you go with your exotic trips! I've never been to Switzerland via the train in Paris either (hee hee, I feel so European saying that). Have a great time!

Mary, I was sooooo happy to wash my hair today. I think maybe not washing yesterday didn't dry it out so much so now that I did my regular conditioner I have a bit more slip in the hair today. I really have to be careful with weighing down of my hair. Still it doesn't look bad, not AS curly but still curly (ie. it only shrunk 2" instead of 3" ). I'm going to try a homemade protein treatment this weekend. Enjoy the quiet house!

Roxie, hope your headache left you. Maybe it was a front moving through? We did have snow on Saturday so defnitely weather going on this way.

Murphy, how's the basement?

Jody, let us know what the DR says about DD.

Gotta run.

Good Morning,

We couldn't walk this morning it was raining. Saturday my brand new roof leaked I am not happy camper. My head still hurts but not as bad as yesterday made it hard to sleep last night. Today I have and eye dr. appt. Tonite will be either TF 30 or High Step Circuit.

Lisa-I wash my hair every other day but get it wet everyday. Not ready snow but it is suppose to rain all day today and I think it was just the pressure.

Mary-headache better.

Ronne-would love to go to Switzerland for chocolate.

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM's Bootcamp and it was a toughy didn't know it that well but I tried to give it my all.

Roxie, I just want CHOCOLATE! I had a fabulous dessert with DS this weekend, it was a coffee chocolate flourless warm cake with ice cream, YUM! At this rate I may just find that pound I lost, but Murphy better keep it! :p

Hi,
Doc visit tomorrow w/ dd~ I am trying to get caught up on stuff. One of my besties is from England and she fixed a fabulous high tea for another's bd party. We all wore dresses and hats, ate crustless cuke sandwiches, and tons of goodies, clotted cream, jam, scones, etc and champagne. The last part was a bellydancer twist on the theme. No workouts for me, I spent the whole weekend in bed, anxty and doing homework except for tea party.
Murphy, I am glad you got your workout area fixed up. Hair is looking great, Lisa. I used to skip the shampoo and just use conditioner but still couldn't comb out my hair as well as I can now.
High tea lasted til midnight and I was up at 5 and have been at college from 8a-9p in various capacities...later gators.

Hi everyone

Geting my post in early today.

Roxie - I've come back round to KCM Bootcamp again recently. It is a tough one. Sorry to hear about your roof, hope you get it sorted out.

Mary - enjoy the peace while it lasts!

Jody - afternoon tea sounds like fun! I love clotted cream - I could eat it by the pot load :D Hope you get good news at the doc's with DD.

Lisa - yeah, don't get the impression that we're always zipping off on trains around Europe. I've had a particularly good year for holidays this year but it will stop! (Actually I've got two more holidays to go ... :p)

Abs and yoga/stretch for me today. Will probably do yoga abs and a Stretch Max segment. Meeting a friend for lunch then going to the library to pick up some books for my trip.

Good Morning,

Boss lady and I got our walk in this morning and tonite will be TF 30 and abs.

Ronne-called the man about the roof said he would come and look at it. Your trip does sound like fun.

Lisa-dessert sounded delicious.

Jody-hope you get good new at drs. office.

Good morning! Did GS legs today. Weather beautiful, for one more day, the rain is arriving tomorrow. So, I get to mow the grass later today when the dew dries! Yeah me! Roxie, you are good to your boss. Do you have to talk about work stuff? I hope they fix your roof soon and it better be free! Ronne, Switzerland? Your life sounds so glamourous! I have a cross country pasta dinner tomorrow in the gym at the middle school. See, that doesn't sound glamorous at all! Jody, hope all turns out well with DD. I have never tried clotted cream, is it sweet? Murphy, did you get lost in Catheland? Lisa, I have had cloudless cake before, I really like the flour! I am a total carb girl, but I don't discriminate protein or fat either. I take them all! Have a good day! Mary

Good morning! Did GS legs today. Weather beautiful, for one more day, the rain is arriving tomorrow. So, I get to mow the grass later today when the dew dries! Yeah me! Roxie, you are good to your boss. Do you have to talk about work stuff? I hope they fix your roof soon and it better be free! Ronne, Switzerland? Your life sounds so glamourous! I have a cross country pasta dinner tomorrow in the gym at the middle school. See, that doesn't sound glamorous at all! Jody, hope all turns out well with DD. I have never tried clotted cream, is it sweet? Murphy, did you get lost in Catheland? Lisa, I have had cloudless cake before, I really like the flour! I am a total carb girl, but I don't discriminate protein or fat either. I take them all! Have a good day! Mary

Mary-no we don't talk about work she talks about family stuff I mainly just listen.

Hi girls, I'm going to have to make this quick, learning billing stuff at work while the person who JUST learned it goes on vacation for 6 weeks (the primary person is on maternity leave until end of month), unbelievable! at times it's like the blind leading the blind! My workout was CTX UB. I won't be around tomorrow, hike with my BFF (her idea--I think I've created a monster)!

Jody, loved your pics on FB of the tea party, looked fun! It's a great idea!

Good Evening,

I was tired when I got home from work we moved more stuff from upstairs downstairs my knees were killing me. Tonite I did KCM's TLC Boxing and Turbo Jam Standing Abs. I can't decide if I want to order her new ones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.