40's tis the season

fitover40

Cathlete
Title compliments of Murphy's naming last week :) No w/o yet, I decided to wait until tonight, hope I follow thru!

Hi girls! I'm back! We got in yesterday about 6:30 am, I had never taken a red eye before, now I know why the call it that! I took 2 naps yesterday then slept 11 hours, in a row! We had a nice time, lots of walking, not much winning and we saw Jeff Dunham, very funny! We also saw Gordon Ramsay, he was opening a new restaurant. Was so glad to come home and see the kids, the world is becoming so frightening. How is everyone else? I tried to keep up, phone was acting funny. Jody, you are on break? Finals went ok? Lisa, how is DH, his hearing? I'm not going to ask about work! Murphy, how are you feeling? Roxie, is your last day coming up? Did that guy bury your house? I meant to type buy! Ronne, how's your hand feeling? I did PLB this am, I have lots of wash and need to hit the shopping! Hope everyone has a good day, Mary

Good Afternoon,

Last night DH and I took care of the GS so his parents could go to a christmas party and I came home with a migraine because GS doesn't like to sit down so I had to stand and bounce while he took cat knaps and then DD said they would be home before he went to bed and not to let him sleep to much well just before they came in the house from the garage he crashed hard they had to wake him up to eat. I woke up with that migraine and I think it might be partly that and the weather is foggy and cold. Dh is making christmas cookies to day.

Mary-I love Jeff Dunham, sounds like you had a good time. My last day is the 28th and boss lady is pissed don't know why she knew it was coming and no we haven't sold the house or found a place to live yet.

Lisa-I am planning on a stretch but it probably won't happen.

I did AB tonight, I couldn't let Jody be the only one doing a w/o today :)

Mary, welcome back, sounds like a nice time. It's harder to recover from red eyes now that we are older. I think we are supposed to be wiser not to do that? lol Bury! I read it at first as "did that guy bury your DH"

Roxie, I've had a couple headaches lately that I think are weather related, but they haven't been debilitating. Hope you feel better soon. I think winter is starting to settle in now, brrrr!

Jody, wow, what a w/o after being away from w/o for a while? I hope you find some part time gig that will work with your schedule.

I'm going into work tomorrow so probably no w/o unless I'm up ubber early and I'm hoping I'm not. I have more re-do work to do or maybe I should call it a re-re-do. Some friends I have in the biz totally get where I'm coming from and did cheer me up a bit. We've decided that 1. stupid people should wear a sign warning everyone and 2. it really must hurt to be that stupid sometimes. I know I'm bad using the s word, you have to make jokes otherwise.....gosh I miss my old buddies I used to work with, everyone is now retired but me!

I did a S&G premix. I must not have done this w/o in a while, it was "fun." I did not fool around too much this morning so I have a minute to type. Waves to all!

Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - good to see you. Bad luck on the stomach flu. Shame you can't come to play anymore!

Mary - sounds like you had a great time - envy ... :) back to the real world now.

Roxie - good you got to spend some time with GS. Babies are hard work though! I'm not ready to be a grandmother yet!

Lisa - it's always good when you can vent with someone who does the same kind of work.

Jody - congrats on the results!! That's fantastic. Hope the boy dinner went well. And hope you find something that fits in with your study.

Got the tree yesterday, up and decorated and house decorated as well. Made some Christmas biscuits with DD.
Did C&W today, my first attempt at weights. Just used 7 and 10lbs. Seems to be OK - see how it feels tomorrow I guess.

Quick post as I fly off to work. Woke up early after a good sleep so got in RS. My body is tired though!

Ronne, bisquits = cookies? Happy doms on your return to weights :) I think decorating and getting the tree up should count as a w/o!

Good Morning,

I still have a headache and I don't know if it is from stress or my eyes they are burning today. The next two weeks are going to be pure hell I hope they go fast. Tonite is CLX Lean Circuit 1.

Lisa-good job with your workout and I use the word stupid alot because it is becoming more common in people.

Ronne-we made biscuts yesterday but DH wants to try and make some others. Nice thing about grandbabies you can leave them with the parents and go home.

Murphy-nice job with your workout.

Hi girls! Did CF this am, Jody inspired! Lisa, hope the day goes quickly! Ronne, I need to start on cookies also, they are a favorite of mine! Jody, great job in school! How's the new boy? Was dinner fun? Roxie, hopefully work will not be too painful for you, not too much longer. Murphy, I don't think you will inspire me to do S&G! I have avoided that one! Kids last week of school, I need to get their stuff done while they are gone! So, off to the shower! Mary

Well the boss man just fell ove the curb in the parking lot and has a huge bump on his head and he thinks his ribs are broken they are headed to ER not a good way to start the week. My head just doesn't seem to want to stop hurting.

Mary-she was being verily nice until this happened now I am not sure what mood she will be in when she gets back.

I did a slow 3 mile jog today and sets of push ups and dips. Quads were sore from yesterday. Cat wakes us up 1-4 times a night with yowling. Date was meh, no chem.
Roxie, how is boss? Mary/Murphy, I pulled out SG, it sounded like fun to me. I once did a mish mosh of slide n glide segments from different workouts,, but can't remember which ones. Lisa/Ronne, I had a Brit friend who gave her dtr bisquits but the 2 yr old talk twisted it into "bickers". So now when I eat cookies I think of them as bickers.

Good Morning,

I woke up without a headache and I hope it stays that way. I will do CLX Lean Circuit 1 tonite and then some holiday baking.

Jody-boss man has 4 broken ribs and incredibly black eye and sore all over.

Hello

Jody - you win some, you lose some I guess. In the newspaper we get on a Sat there's a blind date every week, DD always turns to it first. It's so funny. 9.9 times out of 10 there is absolutely no chemistry at all.
Biscuits are also known as 'biccies' (talking to kids!)

Roxie - oh dear, it goes from bad to worse!! could you take a sick day with your headache? It doesn't sound good.

Mary - what are you buying the kids this year? We've got DD a sewing machine. She's started doing it at school and has really taken to it.

Lisa- yes, let's call it Xmas Max!! I think we all work that one hard!!

Did LB today - LB premix of HR. My first attempt with weights for 2 months. Used my usual weights and it was fine. Not got much DOMS from yesterday. I meant to say, I was at the hairdresser's on Sat and she said she'd had winter vomiting virus the day before. Then I bumped into one of the mums at gymnastics and she was full of flu. I was almost walking around holding a crucifix in front of me!! Don't infect me!!

No w/o for me as of yet and honestly I don't see one in my future. I didn't sleep well last night, woke up thinking of work, thinking of the blanket I"m helping DS20 make his GF, thinking of Xmas vacation as in what should we do and when should we celebrate (still waiting for input from kids....DS20 already has said he is doing stuff with GF family Xmas eve and Xmas) so that ties in to what will DH and I do. Going to ear dr today with DH then to fabric store to get something I need to finish the blanket, I can't believe Christmas is next week!?!?!?!

Ronne, lol, crucifix! I feel same way, they are saying flu is here early and I just know there are germs out there, especially at work! It turned out my back issue last week was DOMS in my rhomboids...took about 1.5 days, maybe there is hope for you getting DOMS yet :)

Roxie, WOW, all that from a fall? You know, maybe it's meant to be that you move on to something else, it's the kick in the pants you needed? I'm waiting for my kick in the pants and am patiently waiting for life to alert me (hope that makes sense). BTW, I had headache last night in middle of night too, we are due snow tonight so maybe from a front. Snow is another reason I was in a panic about getting to the fabric store for stuff for my DS20's GF blanket. I hate when my mind doesn't shut off in the middle of the night!

Jody, I hear FL has beautiful weather, I need to become one of those dreaded "snowbirds" and then eventually one of those dreaded "old gray wobbly snowbirds" lol

Mary, the day didn't go fast enough yesterday, I am planning to work from home rest of week, ha! So that should help me in dealing with the madness.

DH Ear update: They took out the tube and wick, cleaned out his ear. Hearing about the same but speech recognition about 32% so 5% better. Have the demo hearing aid to try. Can't even see it in his ear. Went to Outback for lunch, it got pretty loud in there and he handled the noise pretty well (he wasn't miserable like he usually is in crowded areas, but his ear is still ringing). They said the ear is angry right now from all the messing around they did so ringing may be a bit worse, but really the ringing (tinnutis...sp?) is from the brain trying to process sound it isn't getting so it fills in the missing sound with ringing. It's processed in the same area of the brain as stress is so if you are stressed the ringing can be worse. I didn't know this, did you all? I ate waaaay too much at Outback,but it was yummy!

Hi girls! Today did PUB. Ronne, hahaha! I can see you walking down the street! Did you get a necklace of garlic? We got the kids electric blankets, exciting huh? Also, clothes, etc. I hope they will like them, they always complain they are cold. Lisa, I hope his hearing improves, what a process! Outback is not my favorite, I don't know why, have only been there once, maybe I should give them another try? Roxie, your boss sounds like he got run over! Is he frail? Glad the headache is gone. Jody, now you get to try more boys! That sounds bad now that I'm looking at it! Hi Murphy! Hope everyone has a good evening! Mary

Mary, we very rarely eat at Outback (maybe once every 4 yrs or so) so it's not a regular occurence. We did the electric blanket for a while, ended up getting too hot. Have you tried flannel sheets? First winter for me with them and I love them, so soft and cuddly. I use a heating pad to warm up if it's overly cold. Everyone has to go thru an electric blanket phase, I'm sure they'll like them, my cat loved them :)

Roxie, DH, BFF and I all have a headache today, I believe it is definitely the weather front, so watch out. Good thing I didn't w/o especially because I had planned UB weights, that would have made it worse. As it is, rolling around on the floor cutting/pinning this blanket can make it rear up worse.

Jody, hmmmm, Mary's theory about trying out more. Do you like variety? I tend to stick to the same thing over and over, guess it could be a predictor of whether you like to change up your boy. lol

Good Evening,

I wasn't up for wts so I walked on the TM for 30 mins.

Lisa-my youngest dd had flannel sheets and she said they were ok if you shaved but they stuck to the hair on her legs. We are expecting snow tomarrow so I am sure thats part of it but I think I need a new pillow my neck hurts.

Mary-the boss is almost 70 and he slumps instead of walks never picks up his feet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.