40's Super-Fit in September

Murphy

Cathlete
I did not see a thread so I started one. I am back from the cruise. I gained two pounds and am acutally pleased because last time I went for broke and gained 5. I walked each day in the morning and tried to take the stairs every chance I could. The kids had a great time - DH and I are just now recovering.

Started the September rotation with GG. Next time I may add on the chair routine. If I was paying attention I would have done it today but read the cover after I was done.

Waves to all.

Murphy:cool:

Last edited:
Didn't make it here yesterday, had a nice lunch with just DH and the boys before DS headed back to KS. I did get in a walk for the dogs of 2.5 miles and then did 4DS bi/tri/shoulders, no problems from it, I got smart and lift only 1 arm at a time for biceps (the only way I can manage all the reps with even just 8 pounds without having neck issues), I figure I'd much rather lift 8 pounds 1 arm at a time then both arms at 5 pounds. Today decided I needed to hit it hard since I took it easy this holiday weekend so I did a 3.85 mile dog walk, 4DS Lower body weights, and then a 35 min spin. Love Cat Kom for spinning, she can get you moving, I had my HR up to 90% for the intervals!

Murphy, Where did you cruise to?

Mary, how's boo doing with you at work?

Waves to Jody and Ronne!

Hello! Today did FT, no abs. Work was fine, felt like I never was off! Murphy, a cruise!? How wonderful! Lisa, you killed it in the workouts today! Jody, did you get some time off? Ronne, where are you? Dogs made a mess today! Dragged out shoes, clothes, toys, etc. I think they were trying to entertain themselves! I have to get dinner going, I need to be more organized! Mary

Mary, great about work, love a good flow! Murphy, thanks for thread. I'm happy you guys got away on cruise, where did you go? Ronne, how is your Sept starting out? Lisa, you did hit the workouts pretty hard! I did KCM BodyShop, both workouts PM. I think that BS, YBB, Lift w/o2 Powersculpting and another one of hers (insert name here when I think of it) are pretty similar.

Hi everyone

Murphy - thanks for getting us started. A cruise, how fab! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered :). Where did you go?

Jody - sounds like you've been a busy bee with work recently.

Mary - glad the return to work isn't too traumatic. Another reason I don't have dogs!!

Lisa - sounds like you've had a nice time with family. And some serious working out as well. Glad you've found a way of lifting weights that works for you.

I've been MIA with various things. I was pretty ill over the weekend, the cold really took hold. We had visitors on Sunday, we took them punting and to a pub for lunch as the weather was nice.
Then Monday was shopping for school for DD.
I've started the Sept rotation as well but I skipped Monday. Did Step Moves yesterday and Xtrain CBS today.
DD back to school and me back to work today. Can't believe the summer holidays are all over already.

Hey, I've just seen this is my 2000th post!!

Beach walk this morning for an hour (actually w/ a guy from online dating site, first meet up) and now I've done KCM SS lowerbody. I think it was effective but not ass kicking. We'll see, the other KCMs I've been doing feel good the next day.
Ronne are you recovering then? Yep, summer play time seems to be over.

Hi all. Did pedal power today. I did not go all out, no standing. I tried to push it for where I am at, not where I used to be. Felt good about it.

Lisa - good job on the workouts. I too am glad you found a way to use weights that work for you. That is so important.
Ronne - I hope you are feeling better. Of course I had to go back and see how many posts I have. It is always cool to catch things like that when it is an even number.
Mary - sorry to hear about the mess the dogs left. I am sure they made up for it with lots of tail wagging.
Jody - beach walk sounds nice. Which dating site did you use?

Murphy

Took the dogs for a 4.35 mile walk then jumped on the FT train and did that :)

Jody, I walk dogs, and you walk guys :)

Ronne, sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Time flies (unless you want it to fly--- like when I used to be in that that crazy work office), can't believe it's back to school time.

Mary, how great that you transitioned so well back to work! I'm sure Wheezy was telling Boo, "go get that out, they won't mind" knowing full well Boo would get the blame. Haha

Murphy, you need to try out the studio sweat site, here is a link to one of the free YouTube workouts. I could never get into Cathe spinning, but Cat Kom on studio sweat has a way to get you to give it your all (when you are ready for that). Here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTLtv0hoSHU&list=UUHD2b6aFl04u6E-xuEtPpzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3YPUM81wPM&list=UUHD2b6aFl04u6E-xuEtPpzg

Hi all! Today just walked the dogs, have to wear out that she-devil! She was wide awake and ready to go at 3:51 this morning! Ronne, hope you are on the mend. I know I can't believe how fast the summer went! Murphy, I only have cycle max and never have really tried it, it seems kind of boring? Lisa, now that it is September, November is coming quickly! Jody, did you like the boy? Will you see him again? DH is having his fantasy football draft this evening, house is crowded with testosterone! Mary

Hi there

Mary - 3.51?! It's just like having a baby! Do you join in the league?

Lisa - the links look good.

Murphy - well done on the workout.

Jody - I love the idea of taking a man for a walk instead of a dog! :D I like that SS, particularly the LB portion. I find it quite effective.

Did a Christi Taylor step as a sub today. It's so long since I've done an hour long steady state step workout. I really enjoyed it actually. Before I put it on, I was thinking of getting rid of the DVD, now I'm not so sure. I really need to have a clearout, I've run out of space!

Did an XTrain c,b,s premix. I had to cut it short because once again I putzed around and ran out of time. I have to get it together with the time - maybe I should stop hitting the snooze buttion. ??? :) Oh, forgot to mention that I went to Bermuda for the cruise.

Lisa -thank you for the links, I will check them out.
Ronne - how are you feeling today?

Waves to all.

Murphy

A 2.88 dog and DH walk, then did Cathe Live Step HIIT, was surprised that there were UB weights in that workout, since I wasn't sore or hurting from FT yesterday I continued and did the weight work.

Ronne, I walked a man and a dog :) I also did buy a backup DVD player, so I'm all set for when mine goes south.

Murphy, I hope you like the spinning workout. I think Cat is harder than Cathe, but when I need a break I take it, I figure it gives me something to strive for in the future.

Mary, fun puppy times, haha. Suki can still be active some nights and I'm like, "I walked you 4 miles give me a break!". Happens mostly when DH is gone as I'm the only human she has to play with. What drives me most batty about her is her eating! PICKY! I've never had a picky dog like her, I'm used to having to be careful not to feed them too much and them gobbling down their food. I keep trying to find creative ways to entice her with her food. These Shiba Inus are too smart..... go to dog park, all they want is to get out (they are like, we will NOT be fenced in, whereas DS german shorthair is like running around saying "I can run, I can run"), same with food, they know that maybe if they hold out they will get something better (of course I cave). It doesn't help that she has a food intolerance to chicken (makes her throw up), so many things have chicken and the other dog (DS Shiba)used to eat chicken dry food so I had to be careful not to let Suki eat it, I've now forced the other dog to eat Lamb--but that means I buy it--- thankfully that one isn't picky about her food. Any tips for picky eaters other than "they won't starve themselves---I swear she will go a whole day without eating if whatever I feed her isn't to her satisfaction even if it's EXACTLY what I fed her yesterday.

Hello! Today did LLA, simple! Lisa, Boo is high maintenance! At 4 in the morning I was ready to lock the door and leave her out to fend for herself! She's only 2 1/2 pounds, you would think a 2-3 mile walk would burn her out? Ronne, I haven't done a step workout in an eternity! I don't think I'm ready for it yet tho. Are you better? Murphy, I'm a good putzer also. I can waste time like its water! Jody, you working? One more day! My legs are tired and my hips hurt from walking/standing so much. Talk to you tomorrow, hopefully, there is a football game tomorrow, Mary

Bermuda! I considered going there long time ago, it sounded wonderful.
Mary I had long cat nap with my cat in lap today, pets are easier once they get the hang of things, the puppy sitch should get better, right?
Ronnie that is a fun step. I'll be doing more kcm this week I think.
Lisa, you just have the two shinas right?
I did all night er and zombied out and ate all day. Omg I watched Airport this morning on Hbo. I saw that in theaters on divorce weekend with my dad then loved the spoof Airplane when I was a teen and have watched that with my kid recently. Airport was certainly spoof worthy, I was lmao.
Ps the site is match, guy could be a lot of fun he has kayaks and is sporty, though he could use a little metro sexuality. He prob thinks same about me. It's hard to find a guy who appreciates baggy shirts and yoga pant as daily uniform.

Last edited:
Hello ladies

Jody - KCM is ideal when you're short on time. Sounds like a tough shift. Good luck with new bloke!

Mary - yes, I can't imagine a step workout would be a good idea at the moment! Yes, I'm completely better now thanks.

Lisa - I forgot to say, a couple of days after I'd ordered a new DVD player, I was dusting the TV cabinet and I just thought, oh I'll give the DVD drawer another go and, guess what, it worked!! It's all working perfectly normally again now! Anyway, I'd ordered the player for pick-up in store and hadn't had to pay anything, so I just didn't go and get it.

Murphy - Bermuda sounds great!! I'm all recovered now, thanks.

Did Xtrain Bis & Tris today plus Ab Circuit Stab Ball abs (from tomorrow). Pretty happy with the weights I lifted.
Been into town to do a bit of shopping, nothing exciting. But I had a £5 off voucher for a shop which I used and when I got home and looked at the receipt I saw that it had been put through twice!! And I had another £6 of my own vouchers as well, so I bought £23.50 worth of stuff and payed £7.50! :eek:
No great plans this weekend. Watch TV, food shopping, house stuff etc.

I did only 2 mile dog walk (and DH walk) and 55 min of spinning--this workout wasn't as fun because music was meh, and lots of light standing (or position 2 as the referred to it).

Mary, puppies in general are a lot of work! Suki is my first puppy as an adult and I don't think I can do this again especially as I age! Our last dog we got at 15 months (the age Suki is now), and I don't remember her being as active, but I think she was, I was just younger, doing things with kids and dog tagging along, etc So does the hips feel different now from a day at work?

Jody, the type of guy that appreciates that kind of dress is a husband! lol. Only 1 of the shibas is ours, the other is DS, when they move out, that poor dog probably won't get any walks ever. We sure treat her like she's ours (she doesn't know any better, she wants walks/treats just like ours). So, DIL brought home a pawbender from Good Times and snuck it downstairs, I was a bit upset that she didn't bring one for Suki, we've bought sooooo much for their dog and she couldn't even buy one ice cream pawbender?

Ronne, there's nothing like getting a deal! I've been spending waaaay too much money and no deals! I bought a sweaty band (www.sweatband.com), then found a way to make them (couldn't cancel my order though), and now just bought a handana (I think it was www.myhandana.com, I sweat sooooo much I need a way to contain it at the road trip. I even sweated in the cool (60 degrees F) weather we had today and the bandana will be good to wipe the sweat and not get any muscles overly chilled.

Murphy, how was Bermuda? I've thought of going too.

Good morning! Today did GG, yesterday RK. Got so busy, work, lunch with DH, (17th wedding anniversary), workout, football, dinner with friends! Lisa, I'm a sweater to, that handana looks ingenious! Especially when it's humid. Ronne, I love a bargain! I get so excited when stuff like that happens! Jody, well, can't speak for all men, but my DH loves yoga pants, on me, not himself! Murphy, have you recovered from the cruise? Sometimes we need a vacation from our vacations! Not sure what we will get into today? Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

I was planning to take it easy and just do LM step PM, I thought I should add a riser, so used 2 risers. OMG! Had to drop it down to 1 riser 1/2way thru. Then walked dogs 2.3 miles.

Jody, I don't know how you use 2 risers all the time! I didn't even do much movement of arms because UB needed a break (ie shoulder hurting--it feels good now though !).

Mary, that's why I've been sweating so much! The humidity has been high here, cool temps but high humidity. Happy Anniversary! Soon will by your BD!

Lisa, you are crafty. I like the wrist thingy, couldnt see the headband. I always went for 2 risers b/c of the leg strengthening aspect. I'm less committed to 2 these days.

Mary, CONGRATS on anniversary. I'll let ya know if anything develops. 90 percent of the time I don't care but once in a while it would be fun to go do stuff w/ someone.

Ronne, good workouts and great deal, love to score a bargain, too. I'm experimenting w/ the KCM's, I like how I feel. But actually doing the hour long premixes so its not so much about time?

Murphy, getting a workout in in the morning is not easy for me, I'm a mid morning post putzing around kinda girl. Snooze button away!

Another lost 24 hours, night shift, snooze, zombie, eat, snooze zombie. I watched Twister on commercial TV. (disaster movie week for me I guess).

Sun morning edit- I did KCM YBB #2 good one for me today. and on Fri I snorkeled at beach + short walk.

Last edited:
Did XTrain bi's and tri's and added abs and bi and tri challenges. Yesterday I did High Step Circuit (a blast from the past). HSC is easier than her current stuff. I wish I had pulled it out when I was recovering. Friday was an unplanned rest day. DH let the kids stay up late on the second school night (WTH!) which meant I was up late and did not get enough sleep to be able to get up and exercise. We had a talk about it so let's see how things go this week.

Lisa - Bermuda is a nice place to visit. The people were nice, they use American money (which made the whole conversion thing a non-issue - which was nice) and there are some sites to see. Things are expensive but what tourist trap isn't.

Mary - yes, we are recovered. :) It did take a few days. My parents watched the girls for a few day and that helped A LOT. Congrat's on the anniversary.

Ronne - glad you are feeling better.

Jody - how are the crazy shifts going?

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.