40's still on track, week of 1/8/12

Murphy

Cathlete
I did not see a thread so I started one. I feel like I am back in the swing of things now that the Internet is back on. This morning I did an AB premix and I was good until the spider crawl things. I did less on the second go around. I still think AB is the hardest of the new set, but it is one of my favorites.

Hi to everyone.

Murphy

:D

Good Morning,

Today for me will be Yoga Relax and then DD wants to go for a walk.

Murphy-glad to here your internet is working good job with your workout.

Hi girls! Today did a new one, Brooke Benton, they were on sale at Best Buy, thought I would give it a try. Not too bad, not Cathe! It was good tho! DS has basketball game today, then we will be watching football. Murphy, good to have internet back! That must have been hard! Roxie, I might do some yoga later too. Enjoy your walk! Lisa, looks like your boys had some fun! We don't have that around here! Ronne, how was your weekend? Jody, did you dance? Have a good Sunday! Mary

DD and I went for a walk at her house by the lake and it was gorgeous 45 degrees and no wind.

Mary-have fun with yoga I think I will just do Stretch Max or something, not in the mood for yoga.

Wow, it's hopping here! I had a headache this morning so went easy. Did 4DS KB only, MMA Fusion abs only, then walked on the TM for 3 miles while I finished my book and did a deep treatment on my hair (that's killing 3 birds with one stone!)

Murphy, Yea for internet! AB is my fav.

Roxie, sounds like beautiful walk.

Mary, At first we thought the indoor skydiving would be cheesy but DS had a gift cert for 2 people so we had to use them. It ended up being fun!
Is your team in the playoffs? Denver is playing their game now (I have no idea of the score)....I don't think they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Jody, looks like you were dancing away the day today according to FB :)

Ronne, Do you have work this week? Mary, what about you? This weekend flew by too fast!

Kimmi, are you still with us? We are here to support if you need it.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone, boo, tomorrow is Monday!

Yep, danced today. I've lost some skills and certainly haven't kept up with my peers this past year. Most of them can do splits and back bends, skills they developed in our classes and for troupe, and most of them are my age plus or minus a few years. : O Oh well, I'm building back up.

Bwah ha ha to killing 3 birds with one stone, Lisa~

Wow, I'm pooped but its not over just yet...want...bed...soon....

I think I am doing Turbo bar tomorrow, I'm doing a rotation w/ friends from my other check in. It will mean doing more of the new workouts and, well, following a rotation...which I've never done (although I did stick to Intensity for one whole week!)

Yay to internet and enjoyable workouts! See ya later, wish me soup luck, I am cooking.

Hi everyone

Been catching up on all the posts.

Lisa - hope you're feeling a bit more sane now after some sleep. Lack of sleep really messes with your head (I know it does mine). Sometimes a good cry is just what you need - I was almost in tears with my internet problems the other day, anything can set you off. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I've seen that thing over here and it costs a fortune.

Murphy - glad you're back online. Yes, I've done all the new series now. My favourites are AB and AT.

Roxie - let us know what you think of the new KCM rotation. I might go and have a look at that. I like mixing rotations with months doing my own thing.

Jody - wow, splits and back bends!!! I'm sure you'll get there :). What do you think of Turbobarre?

Mary - never heard of Brooke Benton. Is she off the TV?

Had a quiet weekend - watched a DVD called Oranges and Sunshine. A British film about the transportation of kids to Australia in the 50s and 60s. It's a true story and was really powerful.
Did my yoga on Sat and Bathroom CleanMax yesterday. Today I started the Jan rotation but did HR as I haven't got STS TB. It's ages since I did the whole thing as I've just done the premixes. I was shaking by the end. It was really tough.

Hi all. Today is disc 4. Now I am thinking that I should have done the STS/LIS rotation Cathe created for this month. I really like the LIS but I feel like I spent all that money on STS and should use it - as STS. I want to get my money's worth. I may do it next month. Does anyone remember if she did an LIS rotation? I thought she did but cannot remember. I will double check.

Jody - how did you soup come out? Funny, I made soup too. Mine was okay. It tastes better than it looks. I used the wrong rice and too much of it and it clumped together. Now I know for next time.

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I couldn't go back to sleep after DH left at 2 last time I looked at the clock it was 5:30 and I was finally starting to get tired so tonite will be KCM TLC #1.

Ronne-go to her forums and into where she posted I am posting a new rotation and that has the new workouts otherwise just use the rotation on her home page there are 3 options.

Morning! Did 3.5 miles on TM, I didn't multitask like Lisa tho! Roxie, sounds like the sleep fairy missed you last night! Murphy, I know about STS, I need to do it again! It sits there, taunting me! Lisa, I saw Tebow pulled it out! Was glad to see the Steeler's lose tho! Jody, back bends? Splits? I don't know if I could do those! Ronne, sounds like a nice weekend! I have to go run some errands, have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone! today I did BM2 Double UB premix minus the warm up and abs. then I added on STS Med ball abs. Slept well again, guess whatever mixture of hormones causes sleep issues is gone for now.

Roxie, sorry to hear of your sleep issues, but I'm not sending my sandman because I need him! lol

Mary, I guess there are a lot of new tebow believers. I did watch parts of the game and happened to see the brief OT :) the tebow fever is crazy here, reminding me of the John Elway days.

ronne, do you mean the indoor skydiving is expensive over there? DS19 got 2 gift certs from his work otherwise they would not have gone.

Murphy, I'm so out of touch with the rotations. I like doing them I just can't commit to them with having to go into work everyday. I bow down to you who do!

Jody, splits? back bends? I never could do them! However I did drop it low the other day! I didn't even realize I was doing it, it was while I was filming the boys at the skydiving and as they came down I squatted down to try to get facial shots and then stood back up when they went up. I think THAT is why my quads have DOMS like you wouldn't believe!

Have a great day everyone!

Ok girls I am getting frustrated my wt. isn't changing but I can see and feel a differences what is up with that? Guess I need to throw the scale in the trash.

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM TLC Boxing this is one of my favorite workouts of hers.

Lisa-I can't believe you wouldn't share your sandman. Glad to hear you are getting some sleep though.

Roxie, I regained 10 pounds in 12 weeks last semester! ACK! I've changed up my diet recently and my thinking...trying Primal Blueprint. Hopefully I will have some good results.
For now with my regular workouts, I think my body is looking better even if I have extra pounds...I'm just trying to work the big girl look. ; )

I never did backbends or splits or even came close...confession, I failed my PE credit in HS which was a gymnastics class. Funny, I am redeeming myself...highschool failures were fitness, chem, math and public speaking...now look at me, lol.

I think I liked TB. It complements dance. It is long, but I just powered thru it and also bullshit my way thru it as needed, trying to keep centered and good form. I'm gonna stick with it and see how I improve. I think I will be sore in new places tomorrow. Core work was challenging.

Chicken soup seems OK so far.

I'm doing LICH bonus and walk tomorrow.

Lisa BM2 dbl upper bod sounds fun. I don't think I've done it very often.

Have a good eve - I am off to read in bed.

Hi all

Today was LISLIC. Found it much tougher than last time for some reason (could be the Christmas break). Work a bit quiet today so catching up on a few chores.

Lisa - yes, that's what I meant. I looked into it once and it was really expensive. Glad you're getting some sleep.

Jody - TB kills me when I do it but I don't get any DOMS. Can't understand that.

Murphy - so you've decided to stick with just STS then?

Roxie - I don't have that Boxing one. I won't be buying anything for a while though!

Mary - are you back to school yet?

Good Morning,

Again I didn't go to sleep after dh left so no morning workout again, I really need to work on this. Tonite is KCM Your Best Body haven't done this one its one of her new ones.

Jody-we just need to throw the scale away. DH and I are trying to eat lowfat because of our cholesterol.

Hi everyone! I did MMA Boxing. Somehow I managed to get to work REAL late and forgot my badge! grrrrr, that means now that I'm on my floor (have to find someone to let me in) I can't take my walks out and around the other buildings (in fact can't leave my floor--special access for my floor)). On top of that it's a boring work day, WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN"T take my 4 10 min walk breaks? Can I have some cheese with that whine? lol

Ronne, lol at Christmas break catching up with you! Lately I've been feeling everything is harder too.....since the new year I realize I'm going to be 48, WHAT, 48? that sounds so old to me. Also I find after doing circuit-like w/o's the weights are harder for me. I admit, I'm not a fan of the weight work in the new series. And I feel like I've lost a bit of strength since I've been doing those mostly (still trying to figure out the best way to use them for me). I think I want to try HR and STS TB as the total body workout instead of breaking them up into lower/upper. thanks for the reminder of that!

Roxie, sure hope you get sleep soon. I find I will have my string of sleeplessness right around that time so I know mine is hormonal. I'm now keeping track of sleeplessness instead of flow since I don't have any, see if my correlation is correct.

Jody, don't beat yourself up too bad on the weight front (you too Roxie). I find I hold onto water weight when lifting heavier weights. Add a little bit more and watch your eating and you will do fine.

waves to Murphy and Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.