40s in shorts 12/07

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello everyone!

Thought I would get us started this week and give Lisa a break :D!

No workouts for me this weekend but lots of time outdoors not doing very much in the sunshine! Lovely. Today was Step Moves, I was feeling choreographically challenged so stumbled and bumped my way around the step :confused:. Oh well, some days are better than others!

Lisa - punts are long, flat-bottomed boats that you move using an 8ft pole. They're really only seen in Oxford and Cambridge for some reason. This is where we pick up our punts from: http://www.cherwellboathouse.co.uk/
It is a lovely thing to do on a summer's evening.

Mary - Yikes, sleep deprivation agogo! Any news on the house sale?

Mary - are you back from the lake yet?

Hello to Kathryn if you're lurking!

Hi everyone! We are back! Had a great week, only 1 day of rain! I did get 4 w/o's in! I converted cousin in law to Cathe, so I did accomplish something! Have to figure out what I am going to do today. Ronne, I have tried Step Moves, alway get frustrated and put in a different dvd! Lisa, how are you? Ready for Alaska? Murphy, house sell? Kathryn, where are you? Have a good day, I will talk to you later. Mary

Hi everyone! I haven't worked out today yet.....didn't sleep well last night so decided to sleep in ---as much as I could, DH woke me up getting ready to go to the airport. I managed to eek out a couple of workouts this weekend. I did C&W Saturday....It was all I could do to step up on the step.....I think my BP is leveling out now so I'm not taking the meds anymore but was a bit high friday night so I took a pill....oh my, my bp was so low (for me) that I didn't have any energy! Then Sunday was still feeliing lazy but I managed STS Kickbox! I plan to do the ch/back/shoulder PM on 4DS tonight.

Ronne, thanks for the break and starting us off. I plan to only work a couple hours today and go have a nice LONG lunch with my BFF. Then off to the mall to return one of the pashminas I bought for my alaska cruise and get a different one. fun, fun!

Mary, welcome back! What kind of Cathe w/o's did you use to convert your cousin? I am sooo ready for Alaska.....we had highs of 60s last week with rain and we loved the cooler weather, I'm sure we will love Alaska. This week high 90s, ugh!

Murphy, remind me, are your kids girls? If so, then that must be why they talk vs sleep when they are in bed together. :)

Kathryn, where are you???? We miss you!

Hello ladies

Mary - glad to see you back and that you had a nice time. You're so dedicated working out on your holiday! Are you dealing with a mountain of washing now?! ;)

Lisa - Did you have a nice lunch? The weather has broken here as well. It's rained on and off all day which is quite nice really. It's been good to get a better night's sleep as it's a bit cooler.
Is your DH away for a while?

Today I did PS BBA for the first time. Very short and sweet and not that challenging actually! Pleasantly surprised. It's funny how old-fashioned stuff only 10 years old can look!

See you all tomorrow.

Hi all! Just finished on the bike, was going to do weights after, but I just didn't feel like it! Maybe later. Did B&G yesterday. It is humid here, I will be afraid to see the electric bill next month! I took Travel Fit, MMA Boxing, KP&C, on vacation, my cousin is a huge gym rat, she didn't think you could get a good w/o at home, she was so suprised and how challenging they were! She is now in love with Cathe! Ronne, I know I looked at the years on that set of dvd's, suprised how things have changed! I do like that series tho! Especially the leg one! Lisa, how are you feeling? Better? Murphy, what's new? Any sleep yet? Kathryn, are you coming back to us? Have a good day everyone! Mary

HI everyone. I'm late posting...I just haven't been able to form a coherant thought. I woke up again in the middle of the night last night, so slept in again and haven't worked out. I also had a migraine today.....thank you hormones! I may (or I may not) do 4DS Bi/Tri when I get home. I did do the 4DS Ch/Back/Sh weights only last night.

Ronne, I did have a nice lunch yesterday. But last night, it seemed everyone and everything (ie cat) needed my attention. DH is in Chicago this week. He typically is there one week a month. Just heard something that he needs to pay Illinois state tax (we live in Colorado). Guess he worked there enough last year to trigger something (I dunno). Hopefully it's an easy process and supposedly we are not suppose to be out of any money (company should cover it). What a pain! I've never gotten PS and I think I'm glad I haven't....not sure I would reach for that one very often. How do you like CTX? Have you done the upper body workout....that is the ONE CTX download I bought

Mary, I don't want to see our electric bill. Xcel has a new rate plan this summer, grrr. Under 500 watts you pay x amount, anything above that you pay a higher amount. I don't like it....I guess we will always pay a lot because even in the winter (when we don't use electric for heat) our electric part of the bill is always at least 1000 watts (or whatever they use to measure it). They SAY this is an effort to get people to save electricity....I think it's unfair to bigger houses and households!

Enough of my rant....have a nice night everyone.....I hope I find the energy to do my workout later....I'm having my doubts :)

Here I go, talking to myself again! Cathe site's been down, I must be the only one glued to a computer all day to watch for it to come up. :)

I never did a workout yesterday....my headache was gone last night but my head felt like any exertion would cause it to come back so I opted out. I still didn't sleep well (we'll blame, hormones, DS18, and Yoshi Cat!), I was going to sleep in, but Yoshi meowed me awake. so I did manage to get a 5K run in. I wanted 4 miles but stopped at 3.1 because I thought I was short on time.....turned out I wasn't all THAT short and wished I had kept going (even though I didn't have all THAT much energy).

Hope everyone's day is going well!

Hi girls! Today I did the bike and the grass. Last night I did a Gilad w/o I found at the library. Just something different. Still hot here. The air on my car died, it is in the shop and I am housebound! Lisa, glad to hear you are feeling better. I wished I liked to run! Ronne, how are you? Hi to Kathryn and murphy! Have a good night! Mary

Hi all, I did not do much on the weekend in teh way of exercise. Yesterday I did more of The Firm and today I did some Wii boxing. I started to add on stretch max but for some reason it felt real slow today.

Ronne - I tried Step Moves but I really don't like. I am step-challenged and just could not do it. If Cathe did not do all of those "around the worlds" and spins, and etc. I might have a chance.

Mary - no, the house did not sell yet. We had someone who was interested but questioned why the carpet is not the same throughtout the house. ??? The bedrooms are a different color, the downstairs and stairs/halls are all the same color and the dining room and kitchen are hardwood. ????

Lisa - yes, both kids are girls. Talkative girls!

Murphy

Hi everyone

I couldn't get on the site yesterday because of the maintenance. I did 30/30 yesterday and PLS Legs today.

Murphy - what a weird question. Why does it matter what colour your carpets are? They can always be replaced. You should have seen how our house was decorated when we moved in. 80s throwback nightmare! If we'd been bothered about it we'd never have bought! (not that I'm saying your house is a nightmare :p)

Lisa - no I haven't done any of CTX yet. Got that to look forward to. It sounds like you're really suffering with your headaches at the moment. Just remember all those workouts that you banked earlier in the year :D!

Mary - yes the PS legs is a good one, tougher than the BBA. Although I always find legs tough. I think it's because of my heart rate getting up.

Right time to finish off stuff before picking up DD. See you all tomorrow.

Hi everyone! Still didn't sleep that well last night but I don't feel as bad as I have....maybe that's because DH comes home today....he seems to plan his trips right around my PMS, wonder why that is? :) Yoshi cat made sure I got up in time to exercise this morning so I did 4ds Legs/Calves/Core, weights only. I sure sweated a lot, there were lots of "drips" on the floor. :)

Ronne, I find legs tough too! My HR soars...I HAVE to take breaks between leg presses...hate those things!

Murphy, I don't do all the turns Cathe does in Step Moves.....I get too dizzy, so I just improvise...I love round the worlds though. I guess no one would like our house either.....one color carpet in the bedrooms on main floor, hardwood in living/kitchen/dining/entry and another color carpet throught the basement. Geez, tell them to get a life! They can easily change it!

Mary, I love how you count grass as exercise! I think that is why I'm not losing as fast....I don't do any housework or yardwork anymore. Housework I have a cleaning lady (but I guess I'm too picky because I'm getting a bit ticked that she doesn't do things like me), and yardwork I'm paying DS21 to do (he needs the money). I THINK I may have lost another pound....I've been REALLY good on my eating (I ate up all the chocolate and am NOT buying anymore) so I have no temptation! And I ALMOST hardly miss it :)

Tommorrow I take off work to go to college orientation for parents so I may not get to post.....I PLANNING on doing a quickie 30/30...will see if it happens or not, and yes, thank goodness I have workouts banked!

Hi all! It is HOT here! I did GS C&T this am, also did a little cardio from Bob Harper, my weight is starting to creep back up and I need to stop it! Lisa, cutting that grass takes 2 hrs and I sweat! I'm counting it! I would love a house cleaner! She would have to be live-in, the kids are walking tornados! Have fun with your son tomorrow, I bet he is so excited! Ronne, when do your kids get summer break? Murphy, have you tried burying a St. Joseph statue (upside down and in the direction you want to move?) It worked for us! Have a good night! Mary

Quick post to fess up....I skipped my workout this morning! I slept sooooo good last night (with assistance). I just wanted to relax before heading out to the college (and heat)....97 today, 101 tomorrow...we've been in a string of HOT 90s, yuck!

Hey all

Lisa - it's OK, we won't tell :p. Hope you have a good day. Pay attention and no talking at the back ;)!

Mary - no wonder you count the grass as a workout! 2 hours?!! Do you live on a farm?!!:p DD breaks up on Weds. I can't wait. Had enough of school, after-school activities and the whole lot. Going to make time for lazing this summer!

Today was MMA Boxing. It was a sweatfest and I found it harder than normal (I think? perhaps it's always that hard and my goldfish brain just forgets!). I was pooped!

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever they're up to. We're going out for Thai food tomorrow night! Yum!

Hi girls! Today was GS BSB, maybe some cardio later? Ronne, you are so funny! No farm, just a big wide lot, I have started having the oldest help, I need to stay with him the whole time, he's 11, not much common sense, I worry he'll chop his foot! Enjoy your Thai, I have never tried, is it good? Lisa, have fun today, you need a day off with the week you have had! Murphy, hello! Going to the beach tomorrow, no big plans this weekend, next will be busy. Talk to you all on Monday! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.