40s - not hair! 30/01/12

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi all

I couldn't see a thread so thought I would get us started this week.

Just caught up on last week's thread as I was MIA. Wow, Lisa you are Ms Knowledgeable about hair products!!!

Had a quiet weekend, catching up on chores. Did AT on Sat morning and found it really tough this time.
Today was Tri Sets LB. I do like it but I find my lower back hurts quite a bit by the end of it.

Last week of rotation - yay for me!

OK, ok, back to working out! Did Step Blast this morning. Wow I found it difficult! I did sleep well, let's see how the week plays out on that.

Ronne, my lower back hurt a lot friday, I figured out it was the jumping up on the step that was on 4 risers. sometimes I just feel I can't do what I used to :( Yea, I've been learning a lot about hair.....figured it's another way to fill my boring work days.....

Roxie, did you get to Sally's? My hair still has lots of volume today, I tell you that gelatin really adds it in there, for me.

Jody, Isn't it weird how different products work for different people? So you have a nice fancy TV for your workouts now?

Mary, My lower body would be tired of all that too. If I couldn't use some days as UB I would take more rest days too! Speaking of rest days, tomorrow will be a rest day for me. I have a dermatologist appt in the early morning.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM Bootcamp previewed it last night looks like another tough workout. Its suppose to be almost 70 here today and dammit I have to work.

Lisa-had a busy weekend no time for Sallys.

Hi girls! Today was PS legs. I really enjoy that one! Lisa, I haven't done step in so long don't know if I would be able to get through it! All this leg work is bothering my hip too. I can't do any jumping yet either, too much bouncing! It's all good tho, small price to pay for good news! Roxie, 70? That's crazy! We are supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Ronne, sounds like a good weekend. I found the LIS gets harder the more you do them. Goofy! Jody, your dad sounds very generous! What great gifts! Murphy, you there? Well, I need to go put clothes in the dryer and wash my floor. I do enjoy that tho! Talk to you tomorrow, Mary

Ronne, lols to "not hair" title. I love to stay home and get caught up.

Lisa, you jump up onto a step that has 4 risers? Which workout? I have apparently been slacking or its workout I don't do. I'm hoping some of your hair magic ideas work on me, I will let you know.

Yes, dad is generous to us. He has helped me a lot this past year - our first in my condo/townhouse. It needed a lot of work. But he's always been that way, won't necessarily remember a birthday or attend a kid's play, but then I get a random shipping notice that some electronic thing (usually computer) will be delivered that week.

I work out in front of a 13 inch tv, not in front of the real tv. I miss my old workout space.

We should have weather in the 80 plus minus 2 degrees this week. : )

I have LIC on tap for tomorrow...I'm gonna make sure I have my green sports bra on.

Jody, I think the w/o was Circuit Blast. Funny about matching your sports bra! When I do happen to match I feel like part of the crew :)

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM Bootcamp #2 had to modify my knee was hurting and then I walked on the TM for 30 mins.

Lisa-you are braver then I am no way would I jump on a step with 4 risers.

Hi all

Jody - your dad sounds like a character!

Lisa - I'm wondering if I'm going to struggle when I get back to high impact workouts after all the LIS.
I haven't got 4 risers so that's my excuse for not doing it!

Mary - PS Legs is a goodie. Just straightforward. Have you tried doing any stretching or yoga? Might help with the hip.

Today was AB. Really enjoyed it. The music is great in this one, very motivating. Got some jobs round the house to do when DD gets home ... whoopee!

Good Morning,

I did KCM Stepboxing #1 and I got a few more of the moves down just one I am having problems with and then I did KCM KBX Standing Abs.

Ronne-good job with your workout.

Woke up early --- I was cold --- guess DH generates more heat than I thought. He must be the cause of my hot flashes at night :) So I had time so I did HR UB PM. Went to dermatologist, she isn't real sure if the spot in my part is basal cell or not, but anyway got a biopsy. I look beautiful and it HURTS! I have a bandage on my part and I'm making quite the fashion statement. Thank goodness I'm working from home!

Am I the only fool who does the jumping up on the 4 risers in some of the w/o's? I think 40/20 is the same and plyo.

ETA: my hair is feeling a bit drier than normal, next time I'm putting 1/2 the amount of gelatin I posted previously in

Last edited:
Yep, Dad's a character all right.

Lisa, i don't think I've done either of those workouts at all or enough to have made a conscious choice about number of risers/jumping but now I will be looking out for it.
I hope everything turns out OK w/ your spot. Do you have to keep a bandage on your head all week?

I completed LIC in my green sports bra and black shorts. : ) Good times. I love to high five the tv after the first round of step. I am so glad Cathe can see me and knows I am doing a good job.

Ronne, I don't think I've done AB just yet. So many workouts, so little time... I need to get this one tried out.

Roxie, you seem to be patient when it comes to learning new workouts, but you already have a lot of KCM, so maybe pretty easy for you?

Mary, if you ever come to FL, I am gonna save my floors for you since I know you enjoy it some much!

Murphy, hi! I hope you are doing OK~~

Good Afternoon,

Lisa-I have a knee that has been a problem since the 8th grade so it doesn't really like alot of high impact I modify alot.

Jody-I figure since I spent money on it I need to use it. Sometimes though I will start one and if I can't get the moves and don't feel like I am getting a good workout I will switch to another one I know.

Hi girls! Did a little shy of 4 miles on the TM, did hills and intervals. Jody, I would love to come and do your floors! Just so you know, I always do them on my hands and knees, no mop, they get cleaner that way! Roxie, 63 here today! I had to work tho! Lisa, I only jump up to 8 inches, I worry my step will break in half if I go any higher and I am jumping on it! I have the old Reebok step, not Cathe's. When will you find out about your biopsy? Ronne, I have thought about yoga, however she told me no push/pull, weights or pressure on that arm for 4-6 weeks. DH said it would probably be a bad idea, I tried to rationalize it, it didn't work! I forgot about AB! Have a good night, need to get to dinner! Mary

Hello

Lisa - love the mental picture of you with bandage in your (great!) hair! I have one of those steps that has risers that clip in so it just goes to three heights: I think the third one is 12 rather than 10 though.

Jody - I'm always talking back to Cathe - usually 'You're kidding!'

Roxie - did the LIS series help with your knee?

Mary - you put me to shame! I never clean floors on my hands and knees (I've just been looking at our extension floor and trying to remember when I last cleaned it - oh yes, before Christmas!!)
Keep taking it easy - it's worth it!

Today was YR - really enjoyed it and my body really needed it - I had LB DOMS from Monday still.
Work is ticking along nicely at the moment. Got just the right amount to do which makes a nice change.

I did Cycle Max, figured that would be a good w/o with the head wound :confused: Figured it might not be good to get too much pounding. Not hurting anymore and I'm hoping it's nothing especially since this time the doc wasn't sure (normally she seems pretty positive on my past spots). I'm going to take 1/2 day off and go out to lunch with my BF in trying to disguise my bloody spot I've parted my hair on the other side, so far looks pretty good and who knows maybe I'll end up liking my hair parted on this other side better! See always trying to look at the positive! DH FINALLY has a interview with the boss' boss, keeping our fingers crossed.

Jody, I'm supposed to keep it covered if possible, hard in the hair! Although their bandaid I swear they put super glue on it or something as it was hard to get out of my hair this morning and had to sacrifice some hairs. I think the most important thing is to keep petroleum jelly on it so I'll put that on once I get back at home. I matched the people in Cycle max today....it is easy as there are a variety of colored tops in it since it's a pack of people. :) thought of you though! And hope Cathe didn't see me slacking a bit ;)

Mary, 7 to 10 biz days for the biopsy. I've only cleaned my floors on my hands/knees ONCE and we've been in this house 20 yrs! I have about 1200 sq ft of hardwood floor so quite the chore. I agree they do get cleaner! I bet you have your baseboards all dusted too!

Ronne, yea, quite the visual! I was sporting the barrette that looked like a bandaid yesterday.....lol....problem was, the bandaid isn't where one would put a barrette!

Roxie, I may need to start modifying on those jumps on the step, the last couple of times have done my back in. Guess that's age talking!

Hello to MIA MURPHY! lol

Good Morning,

Couldn't get up this morning I was really tired so tonites workout will be KCM Your Best Body #2 can't remember what this one is I think its wts.

Lisa-I bet you looked really pretty with the bandaid.

Mary-on your hands and knees wow you can come to my house next.

Ronne-actually it made my knees hurt more which I thought the idea was they were suppose to be easier on the knees.

Hi all. I am out here but not feeling well. Last week was a tough week and this week I am sick - again. I did manage to sign-up for the roadtrip. It will be my first time. I am excited and nervous.

LoL to Mary's upcoming housecleaning tour of America and UK.

Lisa, how about a hat?

Road trip envy at Murphy but sorry you are feeling icky.

Roxie, I am tired too, only about 5 hours of sleep b/c I stay up too late, (drinking wine spoodie oodie) I'm probably the only one who knows that song by Jerry Lee Lewis Jerry Lee Lewis - Drinking Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee - YouTube

Rest day as far as I know, unless some crazy exercise spirit takes over my body.

Hi! Quick check in, did TB legs only. I wrote a huge post and the computer kicked me off, now I have to go to a birthday dinner! Have a good night, see you tomorrow! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.