40s - the LOVE week :)

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey all, starting us off even though no w/o for me. I am slowly getting better (at least DH slept with me last night), still a bit congested --- don't know why it's not easing up very fast. I am doing more but tire easily....who would have thought this would have gotten me down like this?!?! I think I have a hairstyle for work tomorrow that works for keeping my wound covered and yet less noticable.

Roxie, I know what you mean....you get used to the empty nest. I love seeing my boys but sometimes they are here a lot and then they aren't here too much. As a Mom feel like I have to be accessible even if I had some plans. One weekend I said to DH, well, Thing1 was over this weekend...I guess that means Thing2 will be over next weekend :)

Jody, was thinking of your tangled mess. Do you comb your hair out in the shower with a wide tooth comb while the hair is covered in conditioner? As a curly, that's the only time I comb my hair and this morning I had a tangled mess after just one day of doing nothing....must have slept hard on it.

Mary, I forgot what I was going to say to you :) Oh wait, I remember now....I feel like I have less umpf for my w/o's than I did 5 yrs ago. I attribute it to age and work....that just wears me out, the daily grind, running here, running there....you seem to do a lot of running around too with kid stuff!

Waves to Ronne and Murphy as I get ready to do grocery max....thank goodness don't need much since DH is out of town again next week.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the love week. Reminds me of Pepe Le Pew and the cat w/ the paint stripe. Le pant, le heave, le Purrrr.

I did STS disc 4 and may have wonkied up my back and neck- hope not.

Lisa, I use a vented brush to get thru my hair while it is slathered in Wen. Comb won't do it. I have another product to try from a friend, but I left it at her house on Fri night.

Tomorrow is TB but I think I am going to sub BG or something like that. Hmm, maybe a high step lower body focus. I'll let you know.

I think that the older you get, the harder it is to get back into the rodeo after a break, not just less oomph, but longer to get the momentum built up. Well, that is depressing thought. On that note, have a good Sunday!

I know this isn't hair, but I had to post my hair pics today. I'm working on covering up my wound so I can go to work with confidence tomorrow.
I think I'm having good luck covering the owie from the basal removal....even with a bandaid over it woven through the little bit of hair I have. Doing it this way, the snap clips are working best and I think I like that the clip blends in with my hair. I'm supposed to keep the wound covered with petroleum jelly and bandage, as a result I have some greasy hair in that area! My gentle poo isn't getting it out (and of course I can't scrub it either), so tomorrow I'll use my regular poo in that area before shampooing the rest of my hair and hopefully will last through work tomorrow......or, maybe I'll get a snow day :)

My curls are really popping! Who would think my hair is down to my collar bone on the sides when wet? Protein Treatment yesterday (one for curly hair) and well moisturized hair makes for curls, even in these low dews....wish I could get this everyday :)

Attachments

• P2110007.jpg
    P2110007.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P2110006.jpg
    P2110006.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P2110002.jpg
    P2110002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
Good Afternoon,

Walking on the TM in a few minutes and doing a stretch. Its cold here and the weather is suppose to turn nasty by tonite suppose to rain and freeze with a chance of snow 1-3 inches.

Lisa-hair looks good.

Jody, I assume you don't rub your hair to dry either? DH always rubs his hair with a towel to dry it (his is coarse, straight, thick), I've always said that if I did this my hair would be a tangled mess! Then as I learned more about hair, I learned I was correct in that assumption! Also, some conditioners have better "slip" than others. garnier fructis triple condition and Yes to Cucumbers have good slip. I think the WEN sweet almond has good slip too, maybe that's why it works for you? I know after a WILD sleeping night I can have very tangly hair.

Roxie, I think I'm ready for spring (except for those work snow days) :) The snow is still covering the ground from a week and a half ago...that' a long time for snow to stay here.....it's been brrrr cold. They say maybe Thursday it will start to get warmer.

Hi girls! Rest day so far, we had another b-ball game, double OT! They lost tho! Maybe will get a yoga in? Lisa, hair looks good! It is getting longer! Jody, hope your back is ok. I know I don't jump as high as I used to, but we are still moving! Roxie, did your kids ever leave? Murphy, you out there? Ronne, how was your quiet weekend? We just got back from Costco, tried every sample they had! Did not like the skinny popcorn, so we got the kettle corn instead! Have a good night, we will be watching the Grammy's, I do love Adele! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I just walked on the TM for 45 mins burned 235 cals. I decided I didn't want to stretch.

Mary-the kids left last night but came back this morning for breakfast and then left again.

Of course they came for food Roxie! My latest story is...I forgot how to cook, and sadly for the most part it's true :)

Mary, a little of the bad stuff to get satisfied is better than a lot of the good stuff and not be satisfied, right? I was bad and got more ice cream at the grocery store....my reason, it helps to break up the congestion .... seriously for some reason after I eat it it does......I think after a week I'm finally not sneeezing/blowing so much, ah, maybe tonight I'll be able to breathe!

Hi all. Happy love week to everyone (I love title Lisa). Today was cardio supersets. I made it through pretty well - except for some of the mountain climbes. I think I may do them w/o the disc next time.

I had a crappy diet weekend. I ate a whole bag of peanut butter m&m's. Welll, I did give DH 3! :) Then, I ate 1/2 of a bag of twizzlers. I did not eat the whole bag b/c I know the kids like them and I just cannot eat ALL of their snack.

Hi to everyone. Love is in the air.

Lisa - the hair looks great.

Murphy

Hi everyone, hope you don't think this is a cop out, but I'm taking a rest day. I'm just not sure I can w/o AND put in a full 8 hrs at work, still weak, but much better!

Murphy, Any mtn climber is hard! Step away from the candy bag!

Hi everyone! Today did AT, why? I don't know! I do feel slightlu accomplished tho! Lisa, hope you feel better, this has really thrown you. Have more ice cream! Murphy, good to see you back. Jody, what will your next speech be about? Roxie, it is nice that the kids do come back, did they do the dishes? Ronne, what are you up to? Making beef stroganoff in the crockpot, it smells soo good! Have a good day! Mary

Good Morning,

Woke up to discover 3 inches of snow on the ground and now it is raining. Tonite for me is KCM 30Min to Wts. workout #1 which is chest, legs and back.

Murphy-LEAVE THE CANDY ALONE. I am not one to talk twizzlers are my weakness and we keep a stock supply and its TOM so dark kisses and dove bars are on supply too.

Lisa-hope you shake this crap soon.

Mary-they never do dishes that is why I have a dishwasher.

Hi all

Wow, it's been busy round here!

Lisa - love the title this week! Hair's looking good - you'd never know you'd been scalped! You keep taking it easy - there is no point rushing back to workouts (especially Cathe) if you're not fully recovered. IT IS NOT A COP OUT! You'll only make yourself ill again so take your time.
Any news on DH's new job?

Murphy - glad to see you! What are twizzlers? The only thing we have over here is some horrible cheap meat thing called Turkey Twizzlers made up of all the scrapings that are left over!

Roxie - Not more snow?! How are you liking the KCM rotation?

Mary - congrats on AT! Can you believe Cathe is planning to make something harder than that? I'm always relieved when it gets to the last 15 mins or so and it's just the back and legs stuff.

Jody - hope the back and neck is OK, fingers crossed.

Did SJP premix 5 (step and hilo) with B&G normal abs on Sat then a rest day yesterday. Today was PSLegs.
DD is on half term holiday this week so things will be a bit erratic. We did some more baking today - orange and ginger spiced cake!! Mmmm! Planning a bit of shopping and a couple of museum trips.
My right shoulder is aching - can't understand why ... Age?!

OK, so it's good that I didn't expend too much energy, I was almost wiped out just getting ready for work. It didn't help that I got paged while in the shower and had to direct someone how to fix the problem while I tried to get ready for work.

Ronne, thanks for making me feel ok about it not being a cop out! DH has now heard from HR, they wanted an application filled out and paystubs. I guess the paystubs is so they know exactly what he is making so they start their offer in an appropriate range? They say they will not nickel and dime him. Hopefully we hear the $ amount by end of this week or early next week. That's so European going to museums. I don't think I could pay my boys to go to one :)

I don't like licorice, only chocolate! So Murphy can have the twizzlers!

Mary, so glad you did AT since I'm living vicariously through your w/o.....whew that was tough doing it! lol

It's the end of the day, pretty tired, sinus congestion....I don't see exercise tomorrow happening either....

Last edited:
Oooh, twizzlers, I'll take some! And as a show of solidarity with Lisa, I might skip my workout today. : P You know, just to be supportive.

I got 38/40 on my speech last week! She suggested I relax, ha ha. Next one is in March after Spring Break. I think it is a demonstration? Hmm, crappy push ups are a pet peeve (Ms Obama) maybe how to do a nice push up? variations? Or stick with the dance theme? camel, figure 8, snake arms?

Speaking of pushups, my back and neck are fine today. : )

Murphy, I think mtn climbers w/o disks would be harder on knees?

Today was LIC. I realize I only like the added bonus step routine. I am fine with the others at first then Cathe does some moves and all is lost. I can follow the bonus routine. Plus, it is 21 minutes long. It is a good quickie work out. Of course I never think of it until I am 1/2 way through the other stuff. But now...

Jody - congratulations on your speech. I so hate public speaking. I admire those who can do it.

Lisa - I hope you are feeling better.

Hi to everyone.

Good Morning,

What are everyones plans for this day of love. We are grilling steaks and then I don't know what is going on. I am still hurting in my lower back from last night so it looks like I might finally have to take a rest day.

Murphy-good job with your workout. I will have to try the challenge that workout just confuses me.

Jody-good job on the speech.

Lisa-how are you feeling today?

Happy VD! Rest day here, I'm feeling better (slight headache in sinus from a bit of congestion). I decided not to push it because I want to feel at my best for lunch tomorrow with my BFF and then Friday off with DH at the home and garden show (would like to redo my bathroom).

Roxie, nothing special for me today since my valentine is out of town (he'll have to make it up to me on friday) :)

Murphy, that w/o (LICh) is a tricky one. I enjoy it ,when my brain is up to it!

Jody, WTG on the speech....MO really is under your skin about those pushups!

Mary, my house needs cleaned, I have a ticket with your name on it to come do a deep cleaning. Yoshi is being a pain with her toileting habits, another rearranging is needed to accomodate her.....

Ronne, how was the museum?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.