40's are fun? Week of 10/25

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi Everyone, I'll get us started this week. My workouts have been: Sat: STS Meso 3 Sh/Bi/Tri, Sun: TF Fire 30, Mon: ran 4 miles

I went shopping on Saturday and got 5 pairs of shoes! All sketchers since I was at the outlet again. I found some really comfortable clogs at sketchers so had to get black and brown, then a sparkly pair of black flats (for our next cruise) and a plain pair of black flats, and then some of their tennies that I where with jeans. Got undies too, so my feet and butt are all covered now :confused::p

Hi girls! Just finished LL, didn't have a lot of time today after our big waterpark weekend. The kids had a ball on the slides, hot tubs, wave pool, they also did zip lining, rock wall climbing and a ropes course. They were exhausted and so was I! Lisa, I love shoe shopping! Your cruise is coming up soon! Murphy, how are you? Ronne, how was the birthday weekend? That was last week right? Lisa, did you get your lab work back yet? Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi ladies

Mary - that sounds like so much fun. Although I'm such big scaredy cat, I'd just sit at the bottom and watch everyone!
I had a lovely meal out on Friday night with the family, thanks. Ate till I was stuffed!

Lisa - sounds like you were very focused in your shopping! Are you a shoe person then?

My weekend consisted of work, workouts and shopping! I went clothes shopping yesterday. Went in loads of shops getting completely depressed, hating everything I saw until my last shop, hallelujah! Got a dress, two tops, and a jumper so I didn't come home empty-handed! That's me pretty much done for the winter now, just want a new pair of jeans and I can put the credit card away.
Still sticking with the 30 min workouts. Did CTX All Step (step only) on Saturday, KCM Olympic Lifting yesterday and Circuit Burn 1 today. With work being so busy I can't see me fitting in longer workouts any time soon.

See you tomorrow.

Mary, what fun, having kids gives us older people a reason to play with them (although we can't keep up)! Did you just watch or participate?

Ronne, I tend to have more pairs of shoes than I need (as DH would like to point out). Also this mall didn't have many good stores bedside the shoe stores (really weird mall). Does shopping wear you out? All that trying on clothes and what not? At least you had success at the last store and ended on a good note! I'm with you on wanting to put the credit card away but mine always seems to want to come out and play. :p

No news yet on blood test, I am hoping to hear tomorrow. My sister also went the day before me (and we didn't know each other were going). She only went to a primary care doctor and they say nothing is wrong with her (she is already on thyroid medicine). The didn't do the more advanced free T3 and free T4 test that I had done. She asked what she should do now....I told her an endorinologist or a gyn (maybe she is hitting menopause --- she's 52). She hasn't gotten a gyn since she moved here 4 yrs ago (instead just goes to family dr), but I like that mine is focused on older women issues (she stopped delivering babies as she didn't want to be up at all hours of the night anymore). Will see what my sis decides to do. There's nothing worse than feeling like crap and having someone say there is nothing wrong with you....

my post continues...hit send to soon :)

anyway, I hope my tiredness is from something.....this weekend again, I took an hour nap each day (even after sleeping a good 8 hrs at night). And right now I could fall asleep if given the chance (I'd never fall asleep at my desk), and I slept a good 8 hrs last night too. And historically, I've never been a nap kind of person......

Hi everyone, today was Plyo, disk 26, felt good....I had been putting this off for a week so finally got it done!

I feel my balance is not as good early in the morning....do you find that Murphy?

I have on a pair of my new shoes, oooooh they feel so good, It's almost like walking on a cloud. :)

Hi everyone

Today was Body Training (KCM) again. Getting lots of work in while DD's out. It's half term here so everything's a bit erratic. I'm so busy with work that I'm completely neglecting the house, I haven't got time to clean!

Lisa - I see what you mean about the tiredness, that does sound odd. I hope you get some answers. Plyo 26 is the one STS I've got. That's tough! I only used 10lb weights as that's enough for me.
I can do a full day's shopping but it has to be broken up with lunch, coffee, drinks, etc. :)

Right, that's me done for the day. See you all tomorrow!

Hi All. I am still here. I did circuit blast and am glad I went light on the weights. That time off really set me back. I am planning to do mesocycle 1 of STS. I think I will substitutue the stuff for some of the STS cardio. That reminds me, I bought the power tower and now I cannot get the kids off of it. Plus, they have moved my step and the risers to create a fort. I have to laugh or I will go crazy. Oh, DH finally asked me to help him put his stuff away from when we moved. Then, he disappears for a 1/2 hour. I thought I was going to have to go on a booty-kicking mission!

Murphy

Hi everyone! Today did the bike and back and abs from CTX, just took the weekend off from working out, but I am not in the mood! Ronne, I am chicken like you! I stood there watching them all on the zip line, sweating, in a panic, wondering why we let them do it? I love that they have no fear and just jump into life! Murphy, your DH sounds like mine! Last night he said he'd help make dinner, then he is vacuuming! (which I can't complain about, but what about dinner? I think he must have a little ADD! Lisa, any word about your thyroid yet? Well, need to get to homework and the floor, have a good evening! Mary

Well, got a late start but did my STS workout. Funny, or sad, depending on how you look at it - all that time away from heavy weights made the 1RM's from before a pretty good match. Yikes. No more slacking. Anyway, I am glad I god up b/c it is raining and dark and the bed was warm. I actually got some sleep last night, that must be it - it felt so strange to have gotten some rest. :) I hope it is sunshine wherever th erest of you are.

Murphy

Hi ladies, today I did BM2 upper premix minus the abs, then I added on TF HIIT 15. So far I'm feeling pretty good this week, not sure why---must be a change in hormones! I'll always blame those things! Don't laugh but I also finally got my work computer screens to be large enough font so that I don't have to wear my reading glasses (I've struggled with them at work because one screen is large and the other is a laptop screen and I like using both). Maybe the less eye fatigue is helping? I haven't heard from the dr yet, hopefully today. Now I have a feeling that everything will be fine. What prompted me to go is because of no cycle for 4 months. will see what she says.

Ronne, I'm completely ignoring the house too, easy to do! I use 12 lb dumbbells for the lunges and 10 lbs for that stupid elevated lunge segment, and 5 lbs for the last lunge kick your leg up. I have DOMS now too in the glutes and DH smacked me on the butt and I screamed --- poor thing, he didn't know my booty was sore :)

Murphy, we've had some cool blustery weather here. I had to pester DH to close the windown in the bedroom when I woke up because it was 58 in the house! I refuse to turn on the heat yet.

Mary, I must be going through my bucket list....I'm loving all the daring things....DH and I are planning parasailing in the Carribbean.

Have a great day all, I hope my energy stays up there (HIIT really helps me feel energized...I really recommend these TF workouts, I would not add the bonus ones though.

Hi everyone

Lisa - you sound a lot perkier! Glad you're feeling a bit better. It would be ironic if you go back to the doctor and now you're fine! Good news if so. Your DH making you scream made me laugh. Do you make squeaking noises when you stand up? I always do that with butt DOMS!
I caved in on the heating a week ago. We have it on for an hour in the morning and one hour in the evening so not too bad so far.

Murphy - how funny about the kids and the power tower. And I bet if you bought them something like that specifically for them, they wouldn't be interested! When they're little they love to play with grown-up's stuff, don't they?
I bet STS is going to get you!

Mary - so are you enjoying CTX then? It's great for adding to other stuff or doing short workouts isn't it?

Today I did CCC express premix. It killed me! I was wheezing and swearing! DH was working at home and afterwards he said he couldn't believe how tough it was.
I went mad when I checked my bank statement earlier on. A couple of months ago we changed gas/electric supplier and since then the old company have been hounding me for money (about $5!) despite having paid up everything when we switched. I've refused to pay through numerous phone calls, letters, etc. then when I went online today I saw they'd helped themselves to the money (2 months after I cancelled the direct debit!). I'm incandescent with rage! Why does everything have to be so complicated?!

Rant over! See you tomorrow.

Hey, popping in to ask what should I buy? Bootcamp, Push/Pull, or Supersets? I've been playing around with the workout blender and want to get some strength training workouts I don't have to use to make different workouts (especially for UB, I get so bored with those, so mixing up is good). Hmmm, what about Pure Strength? Will I be turned off by the outfits? From what I see, the chapter points aren't as good in the older workouts, will see, I devised one using Muscle Endurance (NO LEG PRESSES) and circuit blast toning segments and cardio core circuit ab sections. Will be trying this on Friday and see how it goes. If I like I think I may purchase some workouts to download with the 10% discount. So, what should I get?

Lisa - get Bootcamp! It's one of my favourites and you could combine all the UB work in the blender. I think it's better than PP/SS. Pure Strength is good as well tho' I don't like the ab work (just loads of crunches). Not sure what the chaptering is like though, as you say. I try to ignore the hair and outfits!

Today I did KCM Powersculpting. I think this is taking the title of toughest workout with weights. It just doesn't stop. I burned 300 calories in 30 mins! I'm off into town with DD this afternoon, get a few bits and pieces for her, nothing very exciting.

Bye for now.

Hi everyone, today was Step Moves. I didn't huff and puff like normal....Chalene did say that the HIIT workouts would help make your steady state ones easier, maybe that is what I'm experiencing.

Ronne, I tend to avoid CCC, wonder why that is...it is tough! I'll definitely get bootcamp, still pondering on SS or PP..... The nerve of them taking money out of your acct after canceling direct deposit! Some things made to make our lifes simpler ends up making it harder later on. Gotta watch those people! It's been really cold in the house nights/morning, but I'm still resisting turning on the heat (but I thought about it). The cat has not been seen as she is snuggling under blankets on the kids beds (minus the kids these days...poor lonely cat). We have a warm up so I'm just patiently waiting for mother nature to take care of heating the house :)

Back to work....short handed again this week...good thing I'm not feeling as tired (although I'm a bit beat today)

Hi girls! Sorry went missing yesterday, I couldn't even tell you where I was or what I was doing! I know I did CTX upper body yesterday and MMA kickboxing today. Lisa, we haven't turned on our heat yet either, I am resisting as long as I can. I do like it cold at night when I sleep, so that works. Any word about your labs? Murphy, you are making me want to pull out STS again! Ronne, I would be so irritated with the utility company! Is there anything you can do about it? Protest? Scary, that they keep your info like that, that they have access to our accounts and can pull it out at will. I meant to ask you, is a jumper a sweater? Have a good night! Mary

Hi all,

Okay, so I go to work out yesterday and there is sawdust everywhere. My dad was over putting up shelves and whatnots and there is sawdust everywhere. The strange thing is that he was on one side of the room. How did it get to the other side? Anyway, I had to sweep, vacuum, dust and etc. most of the basement. Plus, because I have those puzzle mats on the floor, the dust got in between those pieces - I had to go in between some of them. I appreciate his help; I will know to lay down cover next time.

Anyway, I am still with the STS. I know it is only week 1 but this time around did not seem as bad as the 1st time. Maybe I should up the weights by a pound or two. I did not have major DOMS, I had DOMS but not MAJOR. Then again, maybe I should not push it.

Lisa - I like BC and P/P. Why not get both? :) I am not going to use the blender so Ihave to live vicariously through you.

Ronne - you should make a complaint against the company and against the bank. Send it to the company/bank itself plus whomever regulates them in your state. You could also try your state's attorney general's office.

Happy Friday everyone! Still no word from the dr and I just plain didn't feel like calling them. Maybe it's work wearing me out as today I'm a bit tired. I got up early (had a dry stuffy nose --- must have been that hour I turned the heat on last night as I couldn't stand the cold house anymore). I wasted enough time and finally went to do my workout blended workout....uh, well, when the video went from the ME section to the Circuit Blast section there was no video, only sound (when playing from my iPhone), tried it on the computer later and it froze there. Maybe the conversion from old videos to new ones did something? I dunno, what a pain. So now I really was short on time, so threw in HIIT 25 from TF. REmember I didn't want to workout, omg, I did it and am proud of myself, but not feeling "high" like usual.

Murphy, sawdust gets EVERYWHERE! Sorry you had all the extra cleanup! I still will get a workout download and maybe I'll use my iMovie to break it up....it's soooo much more work....I played with it a bit and first I think I have to convert it and then I can bring it into iMovie and then pull out the sections (no chapter points though). I may try it, been meaning to, was waiting on the workout blender. I wish I had more time. I already have shopping on my list this week because I got a $10 coupon at JCPenney so I have to use it, right? Ah, maybe the last week of the year I'll get time to do stuff I want/like to do (like quilting and making some workouts up) since I'm taking off of work, just because. I don't remember STS Meso 1 giving me DOMS, MEso 2 does!

Hi MIA Mary, if you can't remember what you did to go MIA, it probably wasn't too fun? LOL

Ronne, are you staying busy with work this week?

Hi everyone

Well, I didn't get my workout in today as planned. Half term has a way of messing with your schedule. We had friends round and I planned to work out once they'd gone but by then DH was home and it's time for dinner! Oh well.
I've contacted my bank and asked them to look into it. I should get the money refunded. It looks like there was a third direct debit (though there shouldn't have been) and that's where they've taken the money. I'm thinking of writing to the paper, if I can make the time!

Lisa - judging by the messages on the forums, it looks like you're not the only one with technical problems. These things are never straightforward, are they? I think I'll stick with DVDs for now, I can always fast forward if I don't want to do something! I do think the Workout Blender looks great but I think it's be a while before I need it.

Murphy - I know what you mean about sawdust. It ends up in different rooms! If I'd been you, I'd have just done Clean Max and called it a day! What would we do without our dad's doing DIY jobs for us?!

Mary - yes, a jumper is a sweater! I know about those days when you don't know what you've done but the time has flown!

We're away this weekend. DD's off school till Tuesday so won't be back till then. Have a good one everyone!

Hi all! Just got back youngest's Halloween party at school, I still need to get my w/o in for the day, I am running out of daylight! Ronne, have a great weekend! Murphy, you cleaned and then did your w/o? I would have called it a day after the cleaning! Your dad sounds very handy to have around. Lisa, you impress me with all your computer knowledge! I still can't figure out how to download the workouts, let alone blend them. Hope everyone has a great Halloween! I will be eating lots of chocolate and maybe some witches' brew! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.