40's - ending the year in style

fitover40

Cathlete
Merry Christmas! I'm sure you are all busy beavers! I did get in Circuit Blast, slowly regaining my strength! I have all morning to get everything together for dinner tonight. :D

Hi! Hope everyone had a great day with their families! It was nice to see everyone! Kids made out like bandits! Roxie, how are you feeling? Lisa, are you brand new? I saw your pics on FB, what a beautiful family! Ronne, is on vacation again? Jody, how did dinner go? Murphy, how were your kids? I need to get back to work! I took 2 days off! Unheard of! Anyway, I think I will do PH. Have a good Monday! Mary

Hi Mary (and all who follow)! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We had a blast playing Mad Gab...we've always been a family that likes to play games together. Anyways, I did LB Trisets JFO and abs from TB.

Mary, you are so funny with your comment about if I'm brand new! I wish, brand new would be the body feeling like i was 20 again! I am better though I've lost a lot of capacity in my workouts, sigh.....how does Ronne do it again after so many breaks? :D

Lisa, we play Trivial Pursuit in my family, what is Mad Gab? Maybe I will check it out.

I did about an 8 mile bike ride and STS Total Body _upper body premix. I could have gone heavier.

Dinner went OK, I tried some new recipes that were a little disappointing, but all in all ok. I have my work cut out for me for diet, but no company now so it will be easier to get on track.

We got a Wii from my Dad so I have been playing Mario something with my girls. My kids are impressed with my mad skills. Who knew that all that time on Super Nintendo back in the 80's would pay off?

Murphy, I hope that Santa did bring you internet?
Everyone else, I am expecting that you had a nice time w/ family and hopefully got some goodies you were hoping for.

Good Evening,

Last night was a really rough night for me my eyes were watering and I was sneezing and coughing, this morning I took and allergy pill and I feel a little better still have the cough but not as bad and I look like rudolph. I haven't done any workouts just not up to it yet.

Jody-the wii is a fun thing to play.

Lisa-I am like you brand new would be 20's.

Wow Jody, impressive w/o! Mad Gab is where you have words on cards that that make no sense but when sounded out it makes a phrase. For example: "Bay Beak Hot Bach" is "Baby Got Back". Your teammate coaches you (they don't see your words) to try to help you get it. At one point DS said "say it with an accent", so that became our standard coaching. It's really funny hearing someone saying words that make no sense to them and yet you hear it when they are saying it but they don't. Hope that makes sense. Google Mad Gab, there is an online version. Mad Gab Game, Mad Gabs Examples, Phrases and Answers - won tube huck elm ice hue | playmadgabonline.com

Did CTX UB, boy have I lost some strength, I predict DOMS tomorrow. The triceps portion was really hard for me.

My sis says she has Plantar Fasciatis from our marathon shopping spree. She's blaming age, I don't buy it. :) I had it many yrs ago (pre-Cathe). Got it from walking the dog and no other exercise. I learned about it (incorporating stretches) and started Cathe. It can flare up if I'm not good on my stretches, but I catch it early. I wonder if my impact and w/o's with Cathe and stretches helped for me not to get it during the marathon shopping. All my sis does is ride bikes for exercise. I'm not knocking bike riding, but I think you need some impact, even if it's low (like walking). Thoughts?

Agree, variety best. Some hiit, some long cardio, some heavy wt/endurance wt, stretch, balance core functional...geez, not enough days in the week.

I just completed HSTA for first time, pretty fun. My knee is ongoing wonky. Cracks, pops, groans, aches a bit.

Game link was fun, Lisa. : ) I bet I would have fun with my kids if we played, i will try to remember it for next gathering. Oh maybe new years?

Roxie, I hope you are feeling better. Gee I feel like I say that every other day- Sorry about that!

Is everyone knee deep in ripped up xmas wrap and discarded mistletoe? Mary I like PH.

I love this song by Lady Gaga, show me your teeth. I think of it now when I workout and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Lady GaGa - Teeth - Dance Music Video by FUNKMODE - August 2010 - YouTube I heart funkmode.

Good morning! Did 4 miles on TM. Today I get to have my annual and mammogram! Well, at least getting in all done in one day! Lisa, I am not a gamer! I wish I enjoyed it! Sometimes I get that issue, just keep moving is my motto! Jody, I like her, but I LOVE the Black Eyed Peas! I wish they would come to Ohio someday. Roxie, are you feeling any better? Murphy, you out there? I bought 3 DVDs yesterday! 2 of Jari's and a Squeeze one, all for under $20! I looked at Total Fitness, I caved, I'm weak! Have a good day! Mary

Jody, sometimes my knees just feel like they need oil like the tin man! That's how I felt yesterday when LB trisets started with wall squats, I could just hear them creaking!

I'm knee deep in "work". Supposed to be working ...and I"m doing it from home since the boss is out. But I really don't have much work! I'm enjoying it while I can!

Good Morning,

I am feeling ten times better today then I did this weekend. I am going to try and do a workout tonite probably something low impact, hoping I get new KCMs today and then I will do Start Here its more beginner based or someone recovering from pregnancy, injury or illness.

Jody-I am hoping this is the last time I get sick for quite a while.

Lisa-I think all exercise is good variety is key.

Mary-good job with your workout.

Hi all. I am here. I have been mostly walking, not doing any dvd's. We still don't have the Interent, but we do have the equipment. DH is off this week so he will set it up and do whatever needs to be done with Comcast. The kids had a great Christmas and they are with my parents now, for the week. Yep, spoiled at Christmas, spoiled the week after Christmas, it will be a nightmare bringing them back down to reality when school starts again.

I hope everyone is doing well, feeling better and etc. In case I forget later, or don't get back on the computer, have a great New Year's celebration.

Murphy

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM's Start Here and it was just enough of a workout without causing me to cough and it felt good. I think this will be my go to workout when I don't feel like working out.

Mary, have you tried coconut oil in your hair? I finally tried some, it moisturizes nicely and isn't greasy. My top front is a bit dried out (I think from using hair spray to keep it in place....my bangs are too long for bangs now and not long enough to fall nicely to the side (if there is a thing since I've always had bangs), and instead falls in my eyes (that must be why I've always had bangs). Anyway, put some in the ends(not near roots...remember I'm thin/fine haired :( ) before bed and feels nice and soft, washes out with co-wash or sulfate-free poo too. I would think your hair would love this stuff.

Turbo Barre for me today, the lower body premix. Not bad.

I did a dance class last night and will hit the studio again tonight and tomorrow since I am free to do so this week.

Lisa, I used coconut oil to saute my veggies this morning. : ) Didn't think to put any in my hair, lol.

Have a great day~

Did HIS/LIS Double cardio PM. My mind wanted to do it, but my body was lethargic. I think it's hormones, ie. menopausal, I just have a lack of energy and a few days ago I had the hugest hot flash (red checks for a while for no reason).

Jody, I'd smear that coconut oil all over my body if i could (I think it would use up the whole bottle I have), remember I'm in arid Colorado. I'm feeling very dried out lately. Also the coconut oil I have is a solid (at least at the temp in my house...it is winter here!), got it at Whole Foods in the skin/oils section, not the cooking section :D Just didn't want you smearing cooking coconut oil in your hair! :p

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is Tri Sets Total Body Express.

Lisa-I couldn't do that I don't like coconut.

Jody-good job with your workouts.

You don't eat it Roxie! :p Seriously though, I don't really like a coconut smell (I associate it with Hawaiian Tropic and sweaty bodies from growing up in FL), but the smell doesn't linger (at least the one I'm using).

Lisa-I like the smell in suntan lotions but if you gave me a box of chocolates I can tell you which one has coconut before your eat it.

Roxie, guess you wouldn't have liked the Coconut Praline Dream Pie I made for Christmas! We love coconut in this house!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.