40s chillin in the week of 12/11/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Today was S&G, still not in the swing of working out. I'm interested to hear the queen of holidays report in on how she gets back into working out :p:D

Hi girls! Did YM today, getting a bit easier. Lisa, you will get back to the swing of things. You got used to outside activities! Jody, how was the final? Murphy, did you get your sunroom back together? Very frustrating. Ronne, how was AB? Roxie, where are you? We have a basketball game today. I really need to work on my shopping. I have barely begun! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Mary

I did dance class today so that is my activity. : )

I think I have two speeds, haul ass and putt- putt. I am putt- putt today.

Everyone doing all the usual holiday decorating and shopping? Have a good evening~

Good Evening,

I spent yesterday finishing up my christmas shopping and today we moved our spare bedroom up to my workout room and my workout room to the basement I am totally exhausted and every muscle is shaking. We wanted to be able to bring in the wt bench for DH so we needed more room.

Hi everyone

Lisa - you talkin' to me?!!:p I always feel ready to get back working out when I've been away. I indulge so much that I'm really keen to start working out again!!

Jody - hope all the exams went well. You must be feeling relieved. Nice to relax and look forward to Christmas.

Roxie - that sounds like a tough workout!! :)

Mary - how was the basketball game? A piece of advice - DO NOT ATTEMPT AFTERBURN AFTER A NIGHT OUT!!! I was nearly sick! I started off full of energy and feeling really good and by the end I just felt terrible! I had to sit down for 10 mins after - couldn't even go in the shower. DH said I was white as a sheet!

Apart from the above, had a good weekend. Fri night was great - everyone had a made a real effort, loads of men in black tie, women dressed up to the nines. Had a few glasses of wine but not too many and had a dance! I never get to dance anymore, I really miss it! Then we went and got the tree on Sat and put it up and did the decorations yesterday. Feeling very festive now.
Yesterday I did the first premix from LIC and today was Trisets UB again.

Good Morning,

I am so sore today I can't lift my arms and my calves are screaming, we have 28 stairs in our house so it was like doing the stairmaster for 8 hours. Tonight for me is Afterburn.

Ronne-sounds like you had a fun weekend.

I did LICh today. during what I think is step #2 (where you straddle down and do burpees), well, my feet got confused with what way to go, then next thing you know, I tripped up and fell back on my back. What a sight I'm sure. My ankle, knee, hip was a bit twerked but I'm ok now. I also did it the whole way through with 2 risers. This is big for me as I've never used more than 1 riser (even in other low impact step workouts).

I also lost a pound! Where else can you go on vacation and lose a pound? Reason? My sister doesn't cook! And she just doesn't eat that much (although she is a bit heavier (and older) than me). She couldn't believe I had to eat every couple of hours and a couple of times I got caught out with her with no food! I say it's my muscle mass needing fed!

Roxie, changing rooms around is a lot of work, you sure you will be able to do AB tonight? We've lived in our house 20 yrs, many rooms have had many purposes during that time, and as a result we have stuff in closets in rooms that the rooms purpose has changed. OY!

Ronne, I think I'm just overwhelmed by everything that piles up when I get back so what's the first thing I want to ditch? working out, I'm getting back into it.

Jody, so are you done with all classes now? I feel like I'm always playing catchup, I don't haul ass, or putt putt, I'm just eternally in the rear!

Mary, I think I've been shopping enough for everyone, I need a serious money diet, but there seems to be no end in sight (had to put $500 into the van) and now I think DS19 needs a tablet for his new research project he is starting (has lots of PDFs to read and needs to be able to take notes), so we will probably go looking at nooks knew tablet. I couldn't find in IPAD how to add notes to a pdf when you are reading it, DH found an app for the android OS. it's always something.

Murphy, are you with us yet?

Hi girls! Haven't worked out yet, that is next on the agenda! Probably LBB. Lisa, holy cow! Hope you are ok, that sounds terrible! Jody, I putter around all the time, then I have to run around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. One would think I would learn! Ronne, I was thinking about you! AB is one of those you have to have a full tank for! Sounds like the party was lovely. We always used to dance also, now I can't remember that last time? I would like to take ballroom dance lessons, maybe when we retire? Roxie, that sounds like a lot of work! Be careful with your workout this evening. Did get one present today, moving along! Have a good day! I better go get my shoes on! Mary

Mary, I think I putter around more as I've gotten older. I used to relax upon arising in the mornings and drink 2 cups of coffee, I'm now up to 3 cups. It's not that I need the caffeine so much, it's just I LOVE lounging around with my coffee! I am ok, my knee is just a bit touchy, stupid clumsy me :) There was no catching myself, I just rolled back onto my back like a turtle roll, and then layed there for a bit assessing if I had hurt myself too bad, got back up and wished that cathe during that segment would tell us which leg we are starting with!

Hi-eee,
I did IMAX2 today.
Lisa, sorry about the wipe out, but congrats on losing pd again! Also, lol on mis matched closets.
Ronne, your weekend sounds lovely, even if your workout pushed your limits.
Murphy, good luck on getting your house back together and workout area arranged. I will prob change my area next year, to a more private spot, but for now...it will do.
Mary, do you have a lot of shopping to do? My big holiday project is more likely to be hosting family for Christmas dinner for first time.
Roxie, that is funny to me that you workout so consistently and hard, yet ended up a mass of jello from changing rooms around. Ironic, not funny. Hope you have your sea legs back soon.
One of my wish list DVDs is on sale (IMAX/RhythmicStep/MIC)....anyone want to talk me into it? Just say NO!

Hi-eee,
I did IMAX2 today.
Lisa, sorry about the wipe out, but congrats on losing pd again! Also, lol on mis matched closets.
Ronne, your weekend sounds lovely, even if your workout pushed your limits.
Murphy, good luck on getting your house back together and workout area arranged. I will prob change my area next year, to a more private spot, but for now...it will do.
Mary, do you have a lot of shopping to do? My big holiday project is more likely to be hosting family for Christmas dinner for first time.
Roxie, that is funny to me that you workout so consistently and hard, yet ended up a mass of jello from changing rooms around. Ironic, not funny. Hope you have your sea legs back soon.
One of my wish list DVDs is on sale (IMAX/RhythmicStep/MIC)....anyone want to talk me into it? Just say NO!

Jody-I think what did me in the most was bringing the TM down the stairs and then it fell on my knee cap. I can't talk you into buying that workout I have it and have never done it.

Jody, I have that one too, I only do RS from it, and lately the 60 min just seems soooo long since I'm really liking her 45-50 min ones. good luck on your decision! LOL, wipe out! it probably looked like something on that show called 'Wipeout'. :)

Well, just finished LBB, thought of Lisa and Roxie too! I fell off my step in the warm up twisted my ankle on a weight (who left that there?). Then kept going! Roxie, is your knee ok? Jody, I thought of that one also, probably would never do it. I heard MIC is HARD! Well, have to get to social studies homework! Mary

Well, just finished LBB, thought of Lisa and Roxie too! I fell off my step in the warm up twisted my ankle on a weight (who left that there?). Then kept going! Roxie, is your knee ok? Jody, I thought of that one also, probably would never do it. I heard MIC is HARD! Well, have to get to social studies homework! Mary

Mary-the knee is bruised and hurts a little to walk on it but I will attempt my workout and see how it goes may end up doing Yoga Relax.

Roxie, take it easy! Lisa, my DD is Grace! Got the tree up, just have to decorate! Homework done, now dinner. I would rather just sit here on the couch!

Morning! Just did KCM SS UB, we are going Christmas shopping and out to lunch, needed to be time efficient today. Lisa, how are you feeling from your tumble? Roxie, how is your knee? Jody, what will you be doing your spare time? We are having my parents for Christmas eve dinner and his are coming for brunch on Christmas. I need to start menu planning and get organized. Murphy, you on line yet? Ronne, what are you up to? Well, better get to shower! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you've got a busy day ahead. Well done for getting the workout in first! How's your ankle? OK?

Lisa - I'm surprised I don't fall over more often, to be honest! Hope you're OK. I know what you mean about your sister. I've got a friend like that. Whenever I go and stay with her the fridge is empty! I spend the whole time thinking about food!!
I love my Saturday mornings - two cups of coffee and the paper - can't be beaten!

Jody - I don't have that DVD so can't encourage you! I'm on a belt-tightening exercise at the moment, so I'm all for thrift! Are you a careful planner for having people round or will it all be last minute?

Roxie - ouch I bet that hurt!

Murphy - are you out there?

I did Trisets LB and then added on an express premix from Yoga Relax as I felt like I needed a good stretch. Got DD's carol concert tonight - her last one at primary school, eek!

Lisa, how are you feeling from your tumble?

When I move my leg a certain way there are muscles that I feel were strained during my ordeal :) Planning Trisets UB today, but I got up really late, so we will see.

Instead of Grace and Grace Jr. We can be Klutz1 and Klutz2 (like thing1 and thing2) lol

wow, I am so out of shape. I did BB TS1 today and couldn't make it thru all the wt portion- mostly b/c I started out with matching Cathe's wt which of course is too heavy for me right now. ha ha, now I'm all muscle twitchy- I will tone it down tomorrow. The cardio is from SJP and was fun, I redid one section a few times, it has a 6 ct mambo from on top of step that has fuddled me up in other videos. Loved the music.

Ronne, enjoy the concert tonight, lots of things going on to keep you in the holiday mood!

Roxie, I guess you could say that treadmill is bad for your knees.Silly, you are supposed to run on it, not carry it up and down the stairs. ; )

Mary, enjoy your shopping today!

Lisa, I will wait for RS to come back on sale, it looks like fun to me. Maybe it would lend itself to workout blender/download to shorten it up? Hope you and Roxie both heal up OK from your mishaps, .

Gotta go, must not fall into forum browsing La La Land~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.