40's -- all hot and bothered

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone....I don't think I saw a thread yet. I took a rest day on Saturday, and then Sunday I did ME. I'm not sure I really liked it all that much. I know I didn't like the leg portion (leg presses---yuck!--- I skipped a round --- sssshhhh!). The bicep part was fast in portions! I have DOMS on my left bicep but not my right :) Today I ran almost 5 miles.

It's going to be a hot, hot week here....I'm tired of the heat!
DS21 got his hand in a cast and now can't do our yardwork, so DH had to do that this weekend. Then on top of that, he is moving Friday.....uh, guess he won't be able to pack too well (I tasked his fiancee to do this) and I'm pretty sure he won't be able to lift stuff......good thing I lift weights, guess DH and I will do the heavy lifting! That's pretty good that the old people will do the heavy lifting! :)

Gotta run....work is....well, work!

Hi everyone

Lisa - I don't mind leg presses but then my step doesn't go as high as a mini step so perhaps that's why!! Oh joy, you get to do the moving for your DS. I hate moving our stuff never mind someone else's and in the heat! Hope you'll be provided with nice cool beers after :p!

I did PS Legs yesterday, not so tough second time around, and Athletic Step today. Really enjoyed that, getting to know the combos now so threw myself into it. Not so hot here unfortunately, send a bit our way please! Took DD to the circus this afternoon. I enjoyed it just as much as her, we stopped for cake in a little tea shop in a Cotswold village first which was lovely.

See you tomorrow!

Hello!

Anybody there?!!!

Just a quick check-in. Did PS CST today. Feeling nicely pumped! Going to do some baking with DD this afternoon.

Bye for now!

Howdy all. I am doing a Wii six-week challenge. It is okay, I guess. I probably would not like it if I were in a better mood - meaning, if I weren't so lazy. I supplement it with other stuff but still. Why do I continue? I am hoping it will get better...soon.

Murphy

Good morning! Never made it round yesterday, just running around. I did the bike and the upper body premix from BM2, have to get busy soon, we are going to the zoo today. I am trying to get in all the w/o's I can before friday, I am having my surgery then. Lisa, I am right there with you on the leg presses, something to be avoided at all cost! I'll do them, but I complain the whole time! We are hot again too! Supposed to cool off by Friday. Sorry to hear about your son, I hate moving myself and others! (I sound kind of crabby today!) Ronne, I haven't been to the circus in years. You sound like you guys have been busy! Murphy, I need to get my Wii board out and try it! Have a good day everyone. Mary

Hi everyone, quick post. I'm feeling crabby too....maybe we need to run away to the circus with Ronne? I did Double Cardio 4DS premix. I plan (keyword is plan) to do CTX UB premix tonight.

Ronne, Leg presses would be easier without so many risers. I know when I only use 4 (some dvds Cathe only uses 4, can't remember which one--seems it's a newer one). But when I use 5, OMG. And my knees weren't liking them either.

So, why is everyone else, blah? I think I'm blah because it's crazy here at work.....a rush to do everything but yet what is asked to be done isn't right but then I'm told to put it in anyway because it needs to get done....uh, how does that help if you put something in that doesn't work. I'm trying not to feel the pressure. No wonder this account they are rushing to put stuff in is a mess, it's like a just do it and who cares if it's right mentality. Enough complaining...I guess.

Quick post for me since I don't have anything to say to myself :D

I did do CTX UB premix last night (yea for me), this morning I did 30/30 HIIT. I plan to do some abs tonight, maybe Core Max seg 2 or something.

Hope everyone has a good day (including me!)

Lisa, you aren't talking to yourself! This am I did MIS and intervals on the bike. Zoo was nice, they are re-building a lot of the exhibits. We did get the Scoop on Poop, very interesting! Warm again, I would just like the humidity to break. Not much else here, need to get some milk and clean the house. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi ladies

All these people working out twice in a day?! Impressive.

Murphy - hang in there girl! Doing something is better than nothing!

Lisa - sounds like you're back on the workout wagon again. Work sucks though doesn't it? It's probably the one thing guaranteed to get me cursing!

Mary - glad you enjoyed the zoo. I love monkeys!

Today was Step Moves, got it a bit better than last time. I find the steady state pretty tough actually. Took DD to a museum this afternoon where she made stuff and did a trail. I'm shattered now. Got to catch up with work!

Bye for now.

Hi everyone, finally found time to check in. I did do some abs last night and today I did Leaner Legs from CTX. I was sweating up a storm. I'm taking off work (and exercise) tomorrow to move DS21. Maybe I can count that as a workout, especially if I do most of the lifting :)

Ronne, Yea on completing a rotation! I've only been working out twice a day for a bit....geez, I don't know what I need to do to get rid of these last 10 lbs! I think it's hard because I don't move much outside of exercise....I'm just too beat when I get home to do anything, my favorite phrase lately seems to be "you wanna do it, I'll pay you"! I am going to try to do cardio every morning M-F and then 20 min of lifing at night. I plan to use STS Meso 2 for this and do one body part a day and by the end of the week I'll have 2 full UB workouts in!

Mary, Good luck on the hip surgery, you seemed to do so well this last time, it will all be worth it in the end!

I better run, too many people walking by and potentially seeing my compter screen :)

Still with the Wii. Today was better and then one of assistants came downstairs and well, you know the rest. I was able to complete but with limited focus and exertion. At least the bulk of it was done before DD woke-up. How come DH never hears them get up and stop them before they come downstairs? He knows how I get when they interrupt me, you think he would try to save himself some aggravation and help me out. ???????!!!!!

Ronne - congrat's on completing the rotation. Except for STS, I don't think I have completed a rotation. It a goal of mine!

Murphy

Anybody else itching for some new Cathe? I know we just got the Shock Cardio but I am ready for more. Is it just me?

Hi girls! Did Travel Fit this morning, I about to hit the bike for one last w/o. Lisa, thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate it! Have fun moving tomorrow, well, as much fun as you can moving! Your DS is pretty lucky to have you two! Ronne, have fun this weekend! Are you camping? I'm not much of a camper, I am pretty spoiled with a bed and indoor plumbing! Murphy, my DH does the same thing! It does get easier as they grow, mine are staring to w/o with me! Hope everyone has a good weekend! Talk to you next week. Mary

Oh yes, I'm itching for Cathe!!! I hate camping too, I did it when the kids were little but now, it's a bed and running water or I'm not going! I think with our "older" status we can be choosy :)

Hey everyone! I got up super early so I did 4DS cardio power premix (that's the one that is the kickbox and bootcamp cardio). I figured that wouldn't wear me out too much for moving later. I should be able to lift since the only DOMS I have is in the abs from Core Max seg 2 a couple of days ago. Don't you love how your abs feel when they are really worked, makes you feel thin and tight through the mid-section (even if you aren't).

HAve a good weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.