40s and above :)

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I don't think I saw a thread yet. I felt yucky all weekend....cramps, wonderful. I struggled through my last Meso1 Back/Bi on Saturday. Sunday I TRIED to do some not too stressful Cathe Cardio---after switching out 5 DVDs, I gave up and called it a day. :) I feel much better today (until next month that is). So I ran 4.25 miles....I could have kept going (Cardio Coach does that to me), but needed to stop to get to work. DH is gone this week so I'm planning on doing STS Meso 3 for UB on Monday and Wed afternoon (since I don't sweat with those).

How is everyone doing?

Just got done with MEso3 Ch/Back -- so proud I did this after work, oh, and I lied, I sweated. Had to shower again, but at least it wasn't so bad that I had to wash my hair!

I'm back from my long weekend in the NC mountains with my long-time best friend. I made it to the fitness center twice while I was away (hooray!), but threw caution to the wind when it came to eating and drinking (boo). Party's over; back to eating more carefully.

I did STS Disk 8 today, but I'm a little low on energy from the weekend. I'm catching up with you, Lisa... getting to the end of Meso 1 and looking forward to being finished with push-ups and pull-ups.

Well, I've got to get to bed. Hoping for more energy tomorrow!

Did STS Cardio MMA Kickboxing (what a long title!) today... I'm glad tomorrow is a day off -- whew!

I wanted to check in before things get hectic. The summer is tough -- my kids haven't both been in camp at the same time, so I've had one or the other (or both -- this week) hanging around every day.

Somehow I need to fit in time to work. And clean the house. And scale Mt. Washmore. My family kindly left me all of the dirty dishes that they created while I was away for three days. And my cousin and her husband are coming to visit tomorrow.

I've got my work cut out for me!

Hi girls! Never made it here yesterday! Sometimes I don't know where the time goes! I recieved Bob Harper's new ones this weekend, so I have been playing around with those, they are more like circuits, I'll see what they do for me! Kathryn, so glad you had fun with your friend! Sorry about the mess they left for you! At least he kept the kids alive while you were gone! Lisa, I'm with you on the cramps! I have had days like that where I keep changing the dvd, hoping something will click! Murphy, did the house sell? Ronne,how are you? Humid and rain here today, maybe I will do some cleaning here?! Have a good day! Mary

Hello all

Kathryn - that sounds like a lovely weekend. You've got to pay for it now tho with twice as much work.

Mary - who's Bob Harper? I've never heard of him.

Lisa - poor you. It's horrible working out when you feel like that. So are you taking a rest week now you've finished Meso 1?

Well, I'm still sticking with my 4DS. Yesterday was LIS and today HIS. I just love the music, it makes me bounce higher! For some reason, I can manage the push-ups in 4DS and yet struggle with them in other DVDs. I wonder if it's because of not doing lots of weights with them?!
I'm still recovering from our weekend away. We had a lovely time with extended family. I didn't think I stayed up that late or drank too much but I've been paying for it since. I'm still shattered!

See you tomorrow!

Now we are hopping here! today I did Athletic Step, paused it twice (once before she combines all the routines to one, and once before the "drills" at the end). Not bad. I was sweating so bad. I think Mary has sent her humidity to us! I think Bob Harper is the Biggest Loser trainer, isn't it? SPeaking of that is anyone else watching the new Jillian Michaels show? I guess it's ok, haven't decided yet.

Ronne, My meso got messed up, I "rested" between week 3 and 4 of Meso1 because of vacation. Isn't it sad how it takes so much longer to recover as we age. I don't like to admit it, but it's true.

Kathryn, Oh my, at least you had a nice visit with your friend. You know, I can't imagine doing everything I used to do when the kids were young. Guess I had them young for a good reason, now I'm trying to enjoy life as best I can. I'm STILL trying to lose those 10 lbs! I think sitting on my bum all day at work isn't helping matters!

Mary, Do you think you can keep your humidity to yourself? We aren't used to humidity here! It's been feeling so "sticky" lately. So bad in fact I had to turn off the evaporative cooler and turn on the A/C even though it was only mid 80s. I can't believe I lived in FL for 21 yrs!

Murphy, how's your workouts going? Are you able to get some in with the house staying pristine?

Hi all. I did a Tracie Long today, I did 4DS kickbox yesterday and MMA kickbox the day before. I am so tired. The kids still cannot sleep b/c of the scary movie DH showed them (Edward Scissorhands (sp?)). I cannot take it anymore!!!!!!!!!

Humidity...

It's so humid here that you could wring out the air! DH came in from 30 minutes of golf and was so drenched that I thought it was raining. Turned out that he (who sweats very little) was suffering from the heat and humidity.

Ronne, I am so with you... absolutely dragging this week from far too little sleep, far too much food, and a few too many drinks over the weekend. I'm kind of a lightweight anyway, so it doesn't take much to leave me feeling blah. :(

DD cleaned the main areas of the house for me. She wanted to surprise me :) and now I feel less overwhelmed.

Tomorrow is my day off. And who is Bob Harper, anyway? And what is Turbo Fire? I've been spending too much time away from the forums, I think! And I haven't seen Jillian's show... I have really mixed feelings about her.

My cousin and her husband are coming to visit tomorrow, so I'll be cleaning up the guest room and trying to figure out meals. I really need a few days off, but it seems like feast or famine when it comes to guests lately. Anyway, our annual Hilton Head trip is coming up. That's usually very restful, except that my mother-in-law will be there. She's a talker... non-stop, loud, and not always G-rated, either. :rolleyes: Lovely.

Well, off to bed while I still have the energy to get there. Hoping for more pep in my step (as Cathe would say) tomorrow.

Hi everyone

Kathryn - humidity is what I can't cope with. Heat is fine but when it's humid I just wilt. I don't envy you!
Hope the visit from your cousin goes well. I love people coming round but I hate the cleaning beforehand!

Murphy - I feel your pain! It sounds like you're ready to kickbox someone (now who would that be?! ;))

Lisa - I guess that where you are is normally more of a dry heat then? Sounds like you're sweating up a storm!

Today was 4DS BC. I'm spending most of my spare time in front of the TV at the moment, despite the lovely weather. Wimbledon has started and the World Cup's on. It's wall to wall sport!
I won't be around tomorrow as I'm off to Wimbledon again. I didn't get tickets this year (boo!) so got to join the queue. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get in (without having to queue for hours :().

Hey everyone! Crazy busy here, but I have a little time so thought I'd visit with you all. :)

I didn't sleep well last night, woke up at 2:30am, thinking it was time to get up, then couldn't get back to sleep, finally I did (with assistance) and I WAS going to skip exercise and sleep a little longer but Yoshi had other ideas----MEOW to get out for her big 2 minute morning walk around the yard---anyway, I felt worse (sleepy) than I did at 2:30. Plus my arm kept falling asleep while I slept (at least part of me slept) :)

I did LowMax premix1-4. I admit I didn't put my all into it. That one is a quad burner for me.

Ronne, how nice to go to Wimbleton! I hope you get in! I watched a lot when Sampras played. I get a kick out of Nadal pulling at his underwear before he serves. I'm bad! Yes we are considered an arid climate since there are no bodies of water around and it's desert-like.

Kathryn, Enjoy your visit! It's always nice getting company but the before and after are tiring. Keep your humidity there!

Murphy, I'd make your DH deal with the kids not sleeping problem! I remember those frustrating times however, thankfully there wasn't scary movies we showed them, but my oldest had night terrors. DH was a doll and dealt with it because I'm cranky when I don't get enough sleep, however as we've aged, he doesn't hear anything at night anymore and I hear it all and have to deal with it (in this case animals).

Mary, how was the beach house?

Better run....

Hi girls! Today I did interval on the bike, hoping to work some of the soreness out from yesterday's w/o! Didn't help. Ronne, Bob is from the Biggest Loser, he has 4 new w/o's out, strength, cardio, yoga and his w/o. I did the cardio yesterday, lots of kettlebell like swings with weights, (I do mean A LOT) can't remeber what else I did, just those! Still miserably humid here, I am afraid to see our electric bill next month! Ronne, Wimbledon? I hope you don't have a long line. Kathryn, have fun with your company. When do you go on vacation? We leave on the 3rd for a week. Renting a house on the lake. Lisa, I hope you get some sleep tonite, You probably had a looong day! Have a good day or night! Mary

Hi all !! Wow, I'm a bit late checking in and thought there would be lots of posts. Guess everyone is enjoying their summer? I wonder if Ronne got into Wimbledon? Can you believe that match that went into the 3rd day (12 hrs)? I did STS Meso3 bi/tri/shoulders last night and Plyo legs this morning. I slept so good last night that I don't think I rolled over once and slept a straight 7 hrs.

Have a good day everyone !

Hi all,

I am still tired but at least the little ones slept last night. Now they are sharing a bed to help them sleep, I prefer them in their own beds but I guess prefer my sleep more. I did a jumprope workout today, yesterday I took a rest day. Sorry for the short e-mail, they are making me work today! :)

Murphy

Hi everyone! I am late today! I did upper body from MM, legs should feel better tomorrow. We went to see Toy Story 3 today, so sweet! I love everyone of those movies, then we went to friend's house for swimming and dinner. Murphy, glad to hear you got some sleep! You needed it! Ronne, did you get to see the longest tennis match ever? I thought about you when I was watching the news. Lisa, I am jealous of your sleep! The humidity left here today! Yay! Have a good night! Mary

Hi all

Yes, we did it! We actually managed to get centre court tickets on Weds evening. So we didn't have to queue :). We saw Andy Murray, skipped the women's match :eek: and then saw Nadal in a 5 set match which was fantastic. Oh and the Queen was there yesterday. We saw here arrive and they brought out loads of people to meet her, Boris Becker, John McEnroe, Martina, Billie Jean King, Andy Roddick, the Williams sisters and Roger Federer!! It was fabulous! Best day we've had there.

Back down to earth today, feeling a bit tired. I did 4DS KB but I didn't quite have the spring in my step that I usually have ;).

Really sorry for lack of personals, I've got a day's work to catch up on. Have a good weekend everyone.

Hey everyone! TGIF!!!!!!! I'm so ready for the weekend...don't have any plans just tired of going into work! I did a quickie today....4DS HIS step portion only. Good enough! I wanted to get into work so I can get home and hopefully catch DS21 before he heads to work....got some things to talk through with him. Ah, being a parent, it never ends!

Murphy, my boys prefered to sleep together and I let them, at least everyone got sleep that way! I would say it wasn't until the youngest was in 5th grade that they preferred their own beds. Mom always felt bad visiting and thinking she was robbing a boy of their bed....I tried to tell her the separate beds were just for show because they liked sleeping together. And to this day they get along so well....much better than I have with my sibs.

Ronne, good for you on seeing the queen! I heard that she was going to be there!

Hi Mary!

I have to close, my computer wants to automatically restart! Have a good weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.