40s - 1/15/12 week

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, getting us started. I was awake again last night...grrr, what's up with that?!?!?! I started doing CF all step PM, after 30 min, the dvd reset, so quit (I'd been looking for a reason to stop and there it was!) Then walked 1 mile on TM. I have no energy, what's up with that too?

Jody, I'm having someone hem it (around $40) I thought i could do it but got frustrated, plus I didn't want to mess it up!

I'm really into a book I want to finish reading so going to curl up with it. The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.

Good Afternoon,

I went for a 2 mile walk its just gorgeous outside 60 degrees in January hard to believe. This morning I did TBS #1 with Stability Ball and TBS #2 with Stability Ball but I feel like I need another stretch.

Lisa-sorry to hear the sandman left you again.

Hello! Lisa, hope you sleep tonite! I have read some of her books, I am reading Karen White, Falling Home, so far so good! I think you are better paying a professional for the hemming! We watched Tebow last night, sorry about the loss. The other game had the best 2 minutes ever! Roxie, 60? It is in the 20's here! Murphy, are you still in your rotation? Jody, did you dance the weekend away? Ronne, did you go to the movies this weekend? We watched Everything Must Go with Will Ferrell, pretty depressing! We need to watch MoneyBall tomorrow. I go back to work on Tuesday, I have enjoyed my time! Still a little tired and sore, all is well tho! Have a good Sunday! Mary

Yep, I did my two dance classes today and cleaned house yesterday, plus all laundry.

Crabby mood today, have tea and headed to bed with Girl w/ Dragon Tat. Our temp is at the awkward stage where it is cold outside but not cold enough inside (72) to really warrant the heater.

Yep, another day on this weekend would be nice. I'm supposed to do GS Legs tom.

Greetings to all.

Hey, how do you guys like Slide n Glide? I liked the cardio/core PM that I did on Sat; at the end I felt like I was in some Whamo Fitness infomercial : D

GS Legs done, my first time with that one, so go me.

Mary, a Will Ferrell movie that was depressing? On purpose or was it just not a good movie?

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better. Lack of sleep or poor sleep might be why you are low energy. My book turned into a real page turner at midnight last night, I had to put it down.

Have a good day, all.

Good Morning,

I swear Lisa and I need to get together at night I couldn't sleep again. Tonites workout will be KCM Cardio Blast #2 Plyometrics.

Hi girls! Did a bit over 3 miles on TM this morning, took me 40 minutes! I couldn't go too fast or bouncing would occurr! it's a start! Well, I feel bad, I finally slept, 6 hours in a row! That hasn't happened in a while! I hope the sleep fairy visits all of you! Jody, it was a drama, serious, alcoholic, loses job and wife in same day. Not a feel good film! Are you still crabby today? I hope it passes quickly! Roxie, still warm by you? Lisa, how is work today? Ronne, what are you doing? Murphy, did you do STS? I need to go shower, have a good day. Back to work tomorrow, Mary

Happy Monday everyone! Got in CSS today. Was up early 3:30, that's better than up for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

Roxie, What is it with the sleep? I'm starting to wonder if I have some SAD.

Jody, Are you liking Girl/Dragon? Takes a while to get into but once you are, it's good! The Winter Garden really sucked me in and I did finish it yesterday, I really liked it a lot! (for Mary/Roxie it's in my dropbox)
S&G I'm meh on it. GS legs gives me DOMs everytime, so good on you!

Mary, take it easy, all in due time! Work is meh, so uninspired, so is DH. Keeping my fingers crossed for DH job prospects. There is nothing worse than going to a job that doesn't challenge you....he needs some challenge, I need some retirement :) Not sure what I'd do if I didn't work (would probably want to just cut back on my hours initially). Before when I wasn't working I had Maddy-dog that I walked and we hung out together, then of course I had a kid coming home after school. I do know I have to clean out this house, the stuff is piling up again.....I'd love to redesign my bathroom...ah, dreams....

Ronne, How was your weekend? How did it go with DD?

Murphy, is this going to be a STS week?

I'm working from home since I have a dentist appt this afternoon (yea, that's a good excuse!) I feel like I'm having to come up with creative reasons as to why I'm working from home :)

Last edited:
Lisa-I was so tired before I went to bed but once there couldn't sleep. I will download that book when I get home.

Mary-it is cold here again today but suppose to be nice this weekend which will be great because my sister and her family are coming down so we can finally do christmas.

Jody-I would like the S&G cardio if me and the discs could get in sync.

Hi girls! Just got the phone call, it's benign! I'm so relieved! I feel very blessed, thank you all for your support, it means so much to me!

Good Morning,

DH got up at 6 but forgot to pull me out of bed with him so tonite is KCM Your Best Body#2. I have gained 2lbs since last week I am so frustrated.

Hi everyone

Mary - that is fab news! So pleased. Take the recovery easy and no bouncing!! :D

Jody - I think that S&G premix will be how I use it the most. I did the whole thing last week and was so-so about the 'toning' at the end.

Roxie - It's muscle!! It's muscle!!! Isn't it?! :eek:

Lisa - sounds like you need to treat yourself - even if it's something small. Go and buy yourself a new lipstick or meet a friend for coffee. The sleep thing must be driving you crazy.

Well, I was AWOL yesterday as my modem packed up!! So had to go into town and buy a new one this morning. £55 kerching, thank you very much.
DD got off OK on Sat morning - tears in her eyes but she didn't go to pieces (and neither did I!) We've had a couple of updates from them - it sounds like they're having a great time. I'm really envious actually, I'd love to do something like this. They had a disco last night with Italian, Spanish and French kids. How cool is that?!!
DH and I had a good weekend though. We went to see War Horse on Sat. Pretty good, particularly the war sections. Really amazingly filmed. It's definitely one to watch on the big screen.
Went for a pub lunch on Sun - proper country pub, blazing fire, good food and Guinness which we walked off after.
Got my workouts in as well: CSS on Sat, Trisets LB yesterday and AT today.

Wow, this is an essay!!

Slept last night! Time got away from me this morning so only had time for ME UB portions only. Yoshi had a mess in the bedroom (DH's office)....major diarhea, and was even laying in it (like she couldn't even bother to get up at one point)....thinking the end is closer...as usual I'm not prepared. We have a vet appt tomorrow, I know there is no "cure" since vomiting (what she was doing last week) and diarhea are an indication of kidney problems and we know her kidney #'s are elevated (she is old). So yea, nice start to my day. I feel so bad for her, as we washed her off running water over her (the only way to try to get some of it off), she didn't even put up a fight.

Roxie, I've gained too! What is up with us?

Ronne, lol at the essay....sometimes I have a lot of essays, you guys probably get tired of reading my posts :) What an awesome experience for DD. I do have a lunch planned with my bff in a couple of weeks, so excited and can't wait.

Better run since I have sooooo much work to do.....uh, do you believe that?

Ronne-I would love to believe its muscle unfortunately I know better, I think its a combination of TOM and no sleep.

Lisa-glad to hear you got some sleep but sad about the poor cat.

Hi everyone! Today did TB, lower body premix. Lisa, I'm sorry about your cat. I still miss mine and it has been 12 years. They are always a part of you. Is your DH job hunting? How was the dentist? Roxie, I don't miss my monthly...at all! Ronne, my DD wants to see WarHorse, is it too much for a 13 yr old? I want to go on your daughter's vacation! Sounds awesome! Jody, have you had to give a speech yet? Murphy, you out there? Went back to work, gone since Thanksgiving, after 15 minutes felt like I had never been gone! Have a good evening. Thank you for all the positive words, I am grateful! Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM Your Best Body #2 and my muscles are shaking I didn't think it was possible to make my muscles hurt any more but man I feel well worked out.

I like hearing what is going on with everyone, just fyi...

I did TBT Upper Bod. I'll have to give it a few more tries; I didn't care for the music.

This eve I did a walk1km/jog1km up to 6 km altogether. I like tracking in km now, easier to keep track while I'm out in the neighborhoods. Tomorrow is standard busy Wed so I won't plan on any workouts.

Sorry about kitteh. : (

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.