30 Day Vegger Grads

Liann

Cathlete
Well, we're over the 30 day mark!!! How many of us plan to keep it up? I've dropped a few pounds and a pant size since starting this, so I think I'm going to stick with it. :) I also like how I feel and do not miss the meat at all. Chicken, pork, and beef do not even sound good to me anymore. I could go for some salmon and shrimp though... I'm not sure I am going to ever go completely vegan, although it seems all of the literature and web sites really push you that way. It's like if you aren't vegan, don't bother. I'm ignoring the hype though and doing what works for me. And along the way, I will probably substitute a lot of my dairy with vegan alternatives. However, cheese is probably here to stay. ;)

We've had one suggestion so far for a name for the check-in: Veg Heads. Any others or are we good with that?

Dairy is a staple in my diet, so it's not going anywhere. I'm off beef and pork totally. I'm weaning off of chicken. I'll probably still have fish, but we'll see. Everything will be "dialed back."
This is fun.

Hey guys! If any of you are around, I think instead of starting a new thread everyday, I might just leave a running one for each week. What do you think?

Teri - I tried some of the vanilla soy milk and couldn't stand it. It might work in a smoothie, but by itself - yuck! I think they put too much vanilla in for me.

I made some stuffed shells last night with tofu and actually fooled my DH. He thought they were stuffed with ricotta cheese. ;) I'll have to post that recipe because it actually turned out pretty darn good. I just need to make a few modifications to perfect it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Yum - the shells sound good. Definitely post the recipe.
And yes, I think a weekly is a good idea.

Liann- the stuffed shells sound yummy. I would love to have the recipe. I agree with the vanilla soy milk. It was too sweet for me to drink or use on cereal. I have not tried it in a smoothie yet but my DH used it to make a vanilla milkshake and said it was great!!!

ETA: I think one thread per week is a great idea!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.