::2008:: cLEAN & tidy New Year's Eve ::2008::

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy New Years Eve to all!

I know many of us are starting new rotations this week, and/or making resolutions to eat better after the holidays. So, what is your plan for today and the rest of the month?

Still two days off of work for me, YAY!

Today I am starting my four week rotation of Gym Styles/FF Leg Blast with lots of modifications Here is what this week will be...

Monday 4DS Double Cardio Premix (LIS & HIS)
Tuesday Butts & Guts (Standing only) / Abs
Wednesday GS Chest & Triceps
Thursday IMAX2
Friday GS Back, Shoulders, & Biceps / Abs
Saturday 4DS KBX / DM Cardio Drills 1-4 / BBC Legs
Sunday REST

My food will probably still be a little wacky since it is a holiday and I am off work. Things should get back to normal once I am back at work. I am going grocery shopping this morning, and I am going to get lots of ingredients for salads -- need to eat more salads!

My weight today is down to 137.5, which I sort of don't want to claim since I didn't really eat much yesterday. I will mark on my Cathe calendar that I am starting out the month at 138. I need to take my measurements...

BBL

Happy New Years Eve ladies.

Great rotation Katie. My food may not be as wacky because I have to go to work today :-( :-( . I already brought my salad supplies. Katie have you ever freeze lettice? I brought a very large bag of rom. lettice and chopped it up and place a serving in 4 freezer bags. I hope it works.

This morning I'm so happy I drop those holiday pounds. Yes I'm 3.5 pounds lighter and my tummy is flatter. Now to break thru this weight plateau.

Today's w/o of GS-chest and tri was a killer :eek: .So this is another goal I have for this month.

Menu:
b-oatmeal and blueberries
s-100cal low cal cheese serving
l-chicken breast and brocoli
s-fruit and nuts
d-salmon and veggies

Is that Collin in his cute cheep. LOL

Katie, Good plan and ^5 on the ####! Enjoy your days off!

Robin - I've never frozen lettuce - I wouldn't *think* it would work because fo the high water content, but I hope it works for you! SUPER ^5 to you on your ####S. I forgot to weigh myself this morning and DDs are up so tomorrow I'll check it. Good meal plan.

I'm going to do GS C&T too today - hopefully this morning! My week is going to be wierd and I don't want to miss anything in the rot. so I'm going to add in GS Biceps.

Eating will be unknown for now. Usual breakfast. Katie, I'm like you - I do better when I'm on my regular shcedule.

bbl....

Robin, great job on the #s and the workout -- Chest & Tris is a killer! How did you fare with all of those drop sets of push ups? They will kick your butt, won't they? }( }( }(

Kate, great workout planned. I am excited to get back to Gym Styles. I am curious as to how heavy I will be lifting after the month. I admire you for not weighing in front of DDs.

Here is what I am thinking for my food today...

B oatmeal
S ???
L Chick-fil-A w/Chris at his work -- prob. grilled chicken sandwich
S small salad, fruit
D CHEATS -- I am making taco dip, who knows what other food we will have

Probably a few glasses of wine tonight, too!

What is everyone doing to ring in the new year? DF and I, and our best friends Michele and Adam will probably hang out at Chris's house, maybe get in the hot tub (weather permitting).

Have a great day all!!

Hello cLean and tidy friends!!

I'm at work today, but only until early afternoon i think. I have the chiro at 1pm, so i'm writing off the afternoon.

Katie, I love your puggy. My little girl is 14lbs, Roxie and my boy, is Bowie, he's a big boston at 26lbs. The new rotation looks great too.

Robin, you doing anything tonight? congrats on the weight loss, i'm going to wait until Thursday to check if i've lost those buttertart pounds or not.

Kate, I admire you too :) I love the GS series, but my body type seems to like total body 2 or 3x/week, vs the splits series i think. Are you doing anything tonight?

Well, today will be KPC/KBX combo and some ab work. Eating yesterday wasnt terrible but today will be better.

B: i wont bother
S: ff cottage cheese
l: veg soup, celery, hummus and a fruit
s: ryveta and almonds
d: big salad, egg whites, ezekial, berries
s: yogurt

DH and i are just getting a movie and relaxing. I drank enough on Christmas eve to cover New Years too :)
BBL
Steph

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I love everyones pictures that have been posted.

So I've been thinking a lot about my goals for 2008. My big goal is to lose the weight. And with this goal comes many obstacles. My obstacles are what keep me from eating clean and tidy.

Obstacle #1 work: there is always food there(not good food either). No one forces me to eat it but I do.

Obstacle #2 DH! He could eat pizza, steak, hot dogs, all day. Never gain a pound. He is supportive but he won't what I should eat. So it makes it a little difficult. I will have to make a meal for him, a meal for me and then have xtra dishes to clean up.:-(

Obstacle #3 Moms house!! It is so easy to revert to bad habits. Luckily I don't go there all the time.

My other goals are to be consistent with workouts 5 days a week. But not beat myself if life gets in the way. And I cannot fulfill that goal every week.

I also would like to work on having a more postive attitude and not allowing the negativity of others to affect me.

Be consistent with tracking my eating and posting regulary to you gals.

Not go into debt.

And focus on me.

My workout for the month is going to be Push/Pull method from Oxygen this month.

1. back/biceps + cardio
2. legs/cardio
3. chest/tris/shoulders (cardio if time permits)
4. cardio
5. legs
6. rest or optional workout of choice
7. rest day

Jenn

Good Morning!

It was difficult to get out of bed and come to work this morning. Luckily sleeping in a little prevented me from driving in the ice. I have 2 meetings this morning and then I am going home! I want to read the Clean Eating Magazine so I get some ideas for the rest of the week. I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I will do that tomorrow. I also need to take my measurements.

For New Years DH and I are going to stay in. We are having pork for dinner, and probably some champagne later in the evening. Tomorrow we are going to have pancakes for breakfast, and then to the in-laws for dinner.

Robin I have never frozen lettuce so let me know how it turns out. Then I can buy the big bags at Costco and keep them. How did you like all of those push-ups?
Kate I can't wait until I get back on a regular schedule too. Hope you can squeeze your workout in this morning.
Katie I am thinking about getting a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I have to an errand after work and I don't think I can wait until I get home to eat lunch.
Steph I like the idea of a movie and relaxing tonight. I have eaten and drank way too much over the last few days.

w/o was Imax 3
b: oatmeal
l: tbd
s: apple
d: pork chops, veggies, whole grain rice pilaf

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

The push-up in GS was a killer. I could not do them all so here is another goal for the new year.:)

I know, those push ups KILL. Can anyone here do push ups from the toes? I can do MAYBE 2. By the end of 2008, I want to be able to do TEN push ups from my toes. Is that a lofty goal?

Off to take a loooonngggg nap!!

Do you mean boy push up....I can do maybe three on a good day. My arms are just too weak. I think I may need to drop another 20# in order to do 10 push ups (another goal?).

Enjoy lunch ladies.

Jenn you have some obtainable goals and it is nice to see that you know what your obstacles are. Good idea, I should write down my obstacles which may prevent me from reaching my goals.

Kids and Co-workers (done);-)

I think I may go to church this evening, but maybe I'll stay home with the family.

Colleen the magazine sounds very interesting.

Katie - Have fun tonight! We have a hot tub too but we hardly ever use it. Shame on us! Funny, but we tend to use it more in the summer. How was your nap? i"m jealous!

Steph, I have a hard time believing you could eat bad! Your menus are always the best! Great workout! Re my workouts: Honestly I'm kinda scared to do this rotation. I think I do best on circuits and total body, but I'm throwing this in to give it a try. Wish me luck! Have fun w/ DH tonight - how are things going?

Jenn - Very thought-provoking and motivating post! Good for you on being so dedicated.

Colleen - Super Girl! Great w/o and eats! Your pancakes tomorrow are a favorite of mine....especially with M&Ms!

Robin, Good luck on the pushups this year. Well, to all of us actually. I can do 5 "big girl" pushups then I drop to my knees. I can finish the GS pushups, but always on my knees after the 1st 5. And I'm shakin', baby!:7 Cute new avatar, very nice quote. I share your kid obstacle! Not co-workers, but work stress gets the best of me sometimes.

I did get to do my w/o this morning! YAY! Tomorrow I'll do one in the AM too. I love when DH is home. Eating has been great today, except for the cc cookie I ate. It was small and the rest of my day squeaks, so no guilt. It was delicious!

Our plans for tonight are.....absolutley nothing! Usually we throw a big party but I'm just not up to it this year. Looking forward to getting the girls to bed by 7 and me to bed by 8. But not asleep by 8, if you know what I mean!}( With any luck I'll still be up at 12!!!:7

Hope everyone is doing good - see you later!

Hi cLEAN and tidy friends,

Quick check in before I do my last workout of the year - Low Max with my own lower body workout after each cycle. I haven't done this since August and I love it. My legs and butt will be talking to me tomorrow.

It looks like everyone is in good spirits. :) We are staying home tonight, too. My DH would love Kate's plans. That's a great way to bring the New Year in with a bang! ;) I can do pushups on my toes - all of them in GS. It's taken me almost 2 years to get back to it, but I can do it. I was a pushup queen prior to my shoulder surgery. I won't do that many pushups consecutively very often b/c it bothers my ac joint in my shoulder. I typically spread my pushups throughout my workout. Keep working at them, consistency is key.
Oh, I loved everyone's pictures. It's so nice to put faces with names. I better go workout before it gets any later. I'll be back.:)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Work was crazy today. I struggled to get out by 1:00. I am not looking forward to Wednesday because it will be absolutely crazy and we have a team dinner at 4:30.

I can do about 20 pushups before I have to drop to my knees on a good day. On a bad day it could be as few as 8. I can usually tell how I am feeling based on the # of pushups I can do.I have been looking at some of the recipes in the Clean Eating magazine and it gives you the cost for the recipe and the cost per serving. I have found some I want to try but it will need to wait until next week's grocery store trip. I refuse to go midweek unless it is an emergency.

Kate your plans this evening sound like fun :)
Shirl I was just thinking of Low Max this morning. I have done it in a long time.
Robin Your obstacles are funny. I have DH on my list and STRESS!!!!

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

Colleen

^5 to Shirl & Colleen, the push-ups queens! It's funny, I can match Cathe in almost all of the chest work on every DVD I have but I feel sorely lacking in the push-up department.

Colleen, Glad you're enjoying that mag. Didn't get to the bookstore today - maybe later this week.

Have fun tonight!

I am so jealous of Colleen and Shirl for doing their *big girl* push ups!

Kate, I too can match Cathe (or almost) in chest work, but can't seem to progress with those push ups. I'm really gonna work on that. My nap was WONDERFUL, thanks for asking. Are you following the Jan. 08 rotation?

Have a great night everyone!!

For now I'm following FF's that you posted for us. But I'm scared that the weight loss I've been seeing so great latley is going to stop w/ this rotation. I really like the looks of Cathe's Jan . rot. but I also know its good to switch it up. HELP! I'll stick w/ GS for now w/ you & Robin....I think....

Just stopping by to wish everyone a Happy New Year's Eve! I hope you are with loved ones and enjoying each other's company. Have a great night!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Just a quick happy new years checkin!

I just ordered the pyramids and the Kelly Coffey step box, happy new year to me :)

To all of you, all the best with goals in the new year. We have each other as great support, i know i rely on you all a great deal!

Happy 2008.
Steph

Steph, I think I am going to order the Pyramids next, and use those after these four weeks with Gym Styles. First I need to figure out how I am going to pay for it...

Happy New Year to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.