::2008:: cLEAN & tidy New Years Day ::2008::

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy New Year to everyone! Wishing you a healthy and fit 2008!

Time to confess -- did you eating anything bad last night? Drink anything bad last night?

Are you working out today? What are your fitness goals for January 2008?

Workout today is Butts & Guts premix #1. I went to bed at 1 am, woke up at 5 am. Went to my house (I stayed at Chris's) to walk the dog and workout, then I realized I didn't have my cell phone. So I packed up all the stuff I need for my workout -- high step, 5# dbs, resistance band, dvd, shoes, etc. and loaded it up in my car, then unloaded it when I got back to Chris's. I feel like I have already worked out, just loading and unloading all that crap! Now I have to go wake up Chris to get him to show me how the dvd player works!

Chris, Collin, and I are meeting my brother and sister-in-law for lunch today, so I am nervous about what I will eat. I am motivated to keep it clean, though!

I put together a *clean(er)* version of my breakfast casserole last night, and I will bake it this morning and we will see how it turns out. It is made with whole grain bread, onions, green peppers, egg beaters, and some spices. I will throw some cheese on top. If it turns out yummy I will post the recipe!

Menu:

B breakfast casserole
L ???
S protein bar, banana
D tortellini w/marinara, small salad

CHEESE ALERT: I haven't talked to you guys since last year!

Short night for you, Katie! I'm not sure I would've gone to all the trouble of all that to workout! Props to you! Hope your lunch goes well and that your casserole is yummy...sounds like it will be. Do egg beaters taste like real eggs?

To answer your question, I had no FOOD indulgences last night, but maybe some others!

menu is up in the air, but same old, same old likely: cereal, fruit, salad, soup, veggies.....

Workout will be GymStyle Back & Shoulders (Biceps was yesterday) and a cardio. The rotation says Low Max but I am SO SORE from PLB I don't think I could do the blasts. I'm trying to get ahead in the rotation because we're going out of town overnight and I don't want to miss a workout.

I'm going to order GSL today!

Have a happy new years day! We got TONS of snow last night - YAY!

Happy New Years to my fit, healthy, clean eating, Ladies.:) :)

A new year brings on new challengers, like who is going to take down the Christmas tree.:(

My tricepts have so much DOMS I'm scared to workout today.
LOL Katie it seems like you had two workouts today. LOL
I wonder can I freeze that breakfast casserole? I would love to have that for breakfast during the week.

My eating was so good yesterday until I went over my family's house and had fried chicken wings and rice x( Today is a cardio day for me so I'm going to work extra hard.

My w/o today Low Max and 4D-KB abs (and clean house and do laundry)
b-oatmeal
s-fruit
l-grill chicken and salad
d-fish and veggies
s-popcorn 2cup serving (I brought special small bowls just for popcorn :+ )

I think that this is going to be a great year for all of us.:*

Look what Cathe wrote in her rotation.

"Bonus Burn: Do this once a day (but not on your off day) at any time of day that works for you. Do the sequence as fast as you can with total control and no rest (unless needed). No sloppy moves. Now drop down and give me some

BONUS BURN:
40 push ups
40 dips using a chair or coffee table
30 alternating back lunges
200 crunches

Happy New Year

:eek: WHAT six times per week....200 crunches???????

Okay, there seems to be some interest so here is the recipe...

Katie's Tidy Breakfast Casserole

INGREDIENTS

4 slices whole grain bread
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
1 32 oz. carton egg beaters
spices to taste (I use black pepper and cayenne)
1 cup shredded cheese

DIRECTIONS

Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with Pam cooking spray. Cut bread slices into 1" cubes, and spread evenly in the bottom of casserole dish. Over bread, sprinkle diced onion and green pepper. Sprinkle with desired spices, then pour entire carton of egg beaters evenly over dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle shredded cheese over casserole, and bake 45-50 minutes.

Happy New Year!!!

I did have some champagne and a hot fudge sundae last night. These indulgences has to stop. For dinner we had the Clean Magazine Adobo Pork. We didn't have the pico de gallo with it, but the pork is really good. Next time we will make the pico de gallo.

I am glad the holidays are over. Today I am going to try to finish a book I started last week and then to the in-laws for dinner. I am going to try to relax because tomorrow starts craziness at work. People were still sending me emails at 8 last night and I have not dared to check it.

Robin I always hate taking down the Christmas tree. DH and I talked about doing it today but we are not in the mood.
Kate Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year.
Katie You are dedicated to drive back to Chris' with all your stuff.

Have a great day!

Colleen

Happy New Year cLean and tidy peeps!!!

I was up at 7am today, which is sleeping in, i didnt even make it til midnight last night, i'm a loser. I was however squeaky clean! Not even a bit a of badness. I've decided one of my resolutions will be to eat a bit more, so i dont go nutso on the weekends. How weird is that one?

I'm going to do a total body with the GS today, maybe the timesavers on both. And some Bar method. I'm not at work, so i'm going to do some extra cleaning and things around too.

Kate, its snowing like mad here. Wet, heavy snow, my dogs were covered in it this morning.

Katie, good recipe, thanks for sharing. Up at 5am? and did B&G? Good for you! I'm jealous.

Kate, I ordered the pyramids, so now i will be able to understand the DOMS everyone talks about!!

Robin, Lowmax will kill off any chicken from last night, no worries. So will clean max for sure.

Colleen, Hot fudge sundae, i'm drooling a bit. You working out today?

BBL
Steph

Robin, You're starting your NY off right! Good for you! I'm feelin' the tri.DOMS too! And my chest is BURNIN! It hurt to start my cardio!! Are you going to do Cathe's bonus burn? I think I will!

Katie - Your casserole sounds great!

Colleen - Good luck at work tomorrow. I have some things I have to do today. The hot fudge sundae sounds so good. Last night I wanted a warm cc cookie w/ ice cream but I resisted.

For breakfast I made homemade french toast for the fam and I wanted some SOOOO BAD!!! But I ate my wheat chex instead!x( I had a couple bites of DDs (no syrup) and it was wonderful....but I want my own piece! A big one!

Just finished HIS & LIS cardios, then I did GS Back & Shoulders. I'm tired now!

The rest of the day will be clean. I'll go eat a banana. Soup for lunch, salad for dinner. And CleanMax!!

Have a great day!

Steph, you snuck in on me! Good for you w/ eating last night and your resolution - I like the idea of eating more!:9 Have a good day! Does DH have the day off too?

Colleen the adobo pork sounds so good. Did you use a pork tenderloin?

Steph I didn't even know that GS had a time saver.

kate I was thinking about the bonus abs but I'm not sure that I can keep it up all month. Good long w/o today Kate ^5s.

Thanks for the recipes Katie. I'm going to buy the egg beaters and try to make it for Sat morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's official a new year has begun and it looks like we're off to a good start. I think my motto is going to be Let's make '08 Great! Cheesy, I know, but that's what I'd like to do in all facets of my life. I'll be 40 this year and I'd like to prove to myself that I can achieve whatever I put my mind to. Who has joined the 12 week challenge? I'd love to but I know I don't have the time for all the personals. I am starting another round of P90X but I am waiting for my Christmas present from my brother to arrive - P90X+. I can't wait!!! It should be arrive this week. Apparently, there are new rotations incorporating the 2 programs. I know that I'll be doing the doubles rotation b/c of my teaching schedule. That's why I have been taking it easy the past few weeks. My mind and body need to be rested for the intensity. I am so ready to bring it! :D

Steph, You are going to love pyramids. Don't forget to check out the combo premix; it's a goody. Which step-boxing did you order; the 1st or 2nd?

Katie, You get a gold star for DEDICATION, girl! ^5 to you! Thanks for the recipe, it looks delish!

Robin, I bet your workout today will help with your DOMS. It looks like you have a busy day and good menu. The bonus burn looks like it'll burn. tee hee

Kate, You have been doing so good with eating and exercise! ^^^555! GSL is another goody.

Colleen, Relax and enjoy the day today. I hope work goes smoothly tomorrow. I've "seen" you at other boards recently. I can't wait to hear what Tracey filmed.

Confession time, I had wine, pizza, wings, cookies, ice cream w/pb & banana, diet soda and a clean salad. Time to get back on track.

Menu
b-wheat chex and banana
s-yogurt
l-salad and tuna
s-pear and nuts
d-?

Workout either a hi/lo or kickbox. I'm debating on whether to do one from Tracey or Amy. Any recommendations?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi ladies,

Happy New Year!! It's snowing here!

Robin did you get snow in Queens for the New Year?

Katie that shure was a lot of work for a workout. ^5 to you! And your bfast casserole sounds yummy maybe I will make it next week.

Kate I love French Toast and I'm sure yours is super yummy.

Colleen that pork sounds delish!

Steph congrats and being clean and tidy on NYE! We went out for an italian dinner. It was good.

Hi Shirl.

Yesterday I did 4DS Boot Camp Lower Body Circuit. It was awesome. 2 thumbs up.:)

Today I'm going to do 4DS chest, tris and shoulders + some cardio. And some cleanmax. I'm not sure about my menu. So far I have made it through bfast but the rest of the day is up in the air. I really need to work on planning.

And if you guys are interested Tracey Staheles blog has some interesting tips for losing weight and planning.
;-)

Jenn

Thanks Jenn I can always use some more tips.

Shirl it looks like you have some great workouts plan for Jan, let us know how it goes.

Tracey filmed a new DVD? Colleen talk.

No snow here in Queens just a lot of cold rain.

Hi Robin,

Tracey filmed a new workout in December but she has not revealed what type of workout yet. She has given some clues; she has not filmed anything like it thus far. I decided to do a premix from her Kickbox and Hi/lo today. Fun workout.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I forgot I did not post my menu & workout!

Here it is:
w/o is BM2
b: pancakes
l: spoon sized shredded wheat & LC Butternut Squash
s: banana
d: beef @ in-laws

Shirl I like your resolution in 2008. I have never tried P90X but maybe I should look into it
Jenn I will have to give BC lower body circuit a try. It sounds like fun
Robin More info on the Tracey workout - she filmed it with her sister and she said it is not like anything she has done before. She said that it is different and not everyone will like it. I don't have any ideas.

Here's the Adobo pork recipe from last night:

http://cleaneatingmag.com/MiniSite/downloads/2_adobo_pork.pdf

Colleen

Colleen,

I really like P90X. It is a well designed program and it also includes a nutrition guide. I plan to follow the nutrition aspect more closely this time. It recommends 40/30/30 for me; which is right on for my goals. I'm curious about Cathe's STS but doubt I will purchase it b/c I have P90X. I'm sure it will be different than P90X. I just haven't figured out a way to justify it. ;) Thanks for the link, the recipe looks like something my family will enjoy.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

YUMMY, that pork recipe looks sooo good! I really need to get that magazine!!

So, here's what I wanna say about my attempt at Butts & Guts this morning -- I sucked. Okay, well I am probably being a little hard on myself, but it was not stellar for sure. I just felt like my first workout of 2008 HAD to be SPECTACULAR, and if it wasn't, then I was doomed for an entire year of bad workouts, etc. etc. I know, it's silly.

B&G is HARD for me. I did the best I could, but I modified a lot. I am trying to have a good attitude about it.

2008 will be about getting ORGANIZED, getting FOCUSED, and CONQUERING MY FEARS! I will overcome workouts like B&G that make me "shake in my Rykas." I will do "big girl" push-ups. My arms will look so cut and sexy in that wedding dress!! And so on...

Hello again!

Wow, we're all doing so great!! I did the timesavers for both GS upper body workouts, it was LONG! and i did Bar method. Just got back from a long walk with DH, yes, were both off today. Things have been better, i know you all have been asking, i'm always afraid to say anything in case i jinx in or something.

Shirl, Colleen and Jenn, Happy New Year!

Colleen, this magazine is looking better and better.

So far, eating is on track. The usual.

B: oatmeal!!
s: quark and 1/2 protein bar
L: tofu soup, carrots and celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta and almond butter
d: steamed veggies and lentils
s: yogurt/tomato sauce.

BBL!!
Steph

Katie I just order B&G a few days ago and now I getting scare of it.:eek: Don't kick yourselve too hard tomorrow w/o will be great.
I'm glad everything is going well for you Steph.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.