12 Week Check in Thursday.....LET'S SHOUT!!!!!!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
HOW ARE WE DOING, FOLKS??? Everybody hanging in there???

Good morning...quick post....we have School Store this morning and have to be at school earlier than normal today.

Workout this morning...and working thru some good leg and core DOMS...LIC cardio premix PLUS the blast-only premix, then Core Max tough core premix. FELT IT...let me tell yoU!

I'll be back after I drop the kids at school and before work!

Gayle

Good Morning!

I don't think I got to check in yesterday morning. I went to but while I was waiting to get off of work a coworker insisted that he yack my ear off about nothing of importance to me. So I sat there,pretending I was interested and never got to check in!
Yesterday was pretty good but today is gonne be alot better!

B-All bran bites and a banana
L-WW english muffin, cheese slice, 1 eeg, 1 egg white
S-All bran bar, orange
S-Meat and sweet potatoe. Not sure what kind of meat yet.

Todays workout is suppose to be legs and cardio. Yesterdays workout was GS B&S,HSC and a 5 min run.

Gayle** Good job on the DOMS!

I don't know whats wrong with DS today but he won't stop screaming. I want to get some housework done but thats not going to be possible unless I take him from room to room with me. And Im sure there is something in each room he could get into!

Lori:)

Morning everyone,

This morning was Upper Body X+ Good upper body workout. It went by quickly and the exercises were different. Not many push-ups or pull-ups. Nothing like his P90X workouts where they seem endless. I am trying to remember but I think there were four rounds of five exercises (one for each body part).

I am thinking I am going to have some DOMS as my bi's are already feeling a bit sore.

I didn't get a chance to do the ab workout today so I am thinking I may add it on to the yoga workout tomorrow.

Eating is getting better but can always be cleaned up

Rhonda

Hey guys. Back from school and just wanted to chat some more.

Lori-do you have a backpack carrier for the little guy? I used to 'wear' my kids while I did dishes, vaccuumed, etc. lol

Rhonda-great workout. I'm interested in the X+, but I'm on a 'spending freeze' right now, for a while!

Yesterday was a sort of interesting day. I was feeling kind of strange…not ill strange, but weird. I felt fat. Does that ever happen to you? You do really well, you’re losing weight, clothes are fitting very well (jeans were loose yesterday) and you’re working out, yet you feel fat? Perhaps “fat” isn’t the right word. In the past, I normally would have hit the pantry on a day like yesterday, but it was SOOO easy to look in the fridge at meal time and grab something clean because I’m prepared and well-stocked! So I kept it clean all day and not one single craving hit me. Then last night, while my kids were playing well together (which rarely happens these days), I went upstairs to clean out my closet. I was packing away my summer clothes (yes, I hadn’t done it yet, lol) and decided to try on my summer clothes. 95% of my stuff fit and MOST of it was loose. These are clothes (shorts, more specifically) that I couldn’t even wear this past summer because they were way too tight. Now they FIT! It’s like getting a whole new wardrobe. Some of my favorite shorts and tanks are in there too! So my ‘strange mood’ shifted last night! YEAH!

Gayle

hey guys,boy ive been on the computer it seems all morning:+ so i'll make this short!

Gayle-I just read your success with BFL story post! WOW,what an inspiration! Im stuck right now :-(,been stuck at the same weight for quite some time. Im doing the south beach diet and did lose 4pds in the first week but nothing since(day 11,no bread,sugar,fruit since starting)...I may have to give this BFL lifestyle a try! If I can do the SBD phase one(LOL:+) then I can do BFL-My DH is gonna kill me but I may have to go out and buy the book! Thanks for the inspiration!

I just wanted to pop in and say that!

My workout today is some cardio and LB(B&Gs,Imax2) bbl

Weird day for me yesterday. I was off so I didn't have to work last night and my body decided to just sleep, sleep, sleep. I couldn't keep my eyes open at 8 pm so went to bed. Up at 5:30 to do Legs & Glutes and LIS. Fun. But I am still dragging. I can't wait to get on Days at work but that is about a year away if I can make it. Some times I don't mind working at night but my body keeps reminding me that it is not natural.

Great way to turn around the mood Gayle! It is like getting a new wardrobe. I can't wait to be able to wear my tightest jeans.

I am off to book club this morning which will be great fun but tempting food. I resolve here to eat the fruit and taste one other good looking thing but that's it. It's always more fun to talk anyway!
Meredith

Good Morning!

I hope you guys don't mind my "crashing" into your thread. I just bought the Women's Body for Life book yesterday, skimmed it last night, plan to read and follow it. I was so inspired by Gayle's success and would love to be able to lose 5-7 lbs. Gayle...you look fantastic and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Exercise has never been my problem. I workout faithfully 6 days a week. The diet just needs some tweaking.

Are you guys all following BFL? Do you have any tips for me? Going to the grocery store after work today to stock up on good stuff.

Thanks!

Gin:)

Amelia-that is so sweet of you to say, THANK YOU! Let me know if you decide to do BFL. It's not a huge jump, really. It's basically clean eating. We have a BFL check in going also, and you're welcome to join us!

Gin-same for you! THIS check in is a 12 week challenge for everybody. We're all doing something different. There is a separate BFL check in also, each day, and you're welcome there alse!

Meredith-EXCELLENT WORKOUT! I love L&G!!!!! Expecting any DOMS tomorrow? LOL What book is your group reading? My book club meets next Thursday! I LOVE BOOKS almost as much as I love working out and feeling great! LOL

Gayle

Gayle - I know exactly how you feel. I haven't posted on this site since last Saturday. Sunday I had four hockey games and couldn't get the time to get on the computer, since I had to get everything ready for school the next morning.

But anyhow, I pulled a muslce in my back (or it is just a tight muscle) in my middle back. It started to hurt on Sunday evening _ I did LIC with the bonus cardio two times on Monday morning, it just hurt a tad. I came upstairs and bent down to pick up a full laundry basket and OUCH!!! Well, I couldn't do much more for two days - and I started to feel somewhat depressed and fat also. Even though I didn't gain any weight, it was just the fact that I was so limited. I hate just sitting around. But when I don't work out, it seems that my stomach sticks out.

I am back on track - I went to a belly dancing class with my daughter and friend yesterday and that was fun. I couldn't do wekghts or any twisting at all until today. So, I did lots on the treadmill. Well, now my ankle on my left foot hurts. Oh well, that's what happens.

I will continue to check in - except maybe one day on the weekend.

It looks like everyone is doing great!

Michele - I am glad you joined us!

Cheryl

Back again! Boy, I miss our computer. Hopefully it will come back fixed this time and then I can check in on a regular basis!

I had meal one so far and am starting to get hungry. Won't be long and it will be lunch time.

Talk about a crabby baby today! I decided to try cleaning and take him with me...that didn't work out so well!x( I had 3 rooms left to clean and I had to put him in his playroom. Of course he cried the whole time but thats just to bad. He wasn't hurt and I need to get my work done! So far I have upstairs and the living room down. Down here and the kitchen will just have to wait. The biggest part is done now so all I need is about 30 mins and I will have it done. Part of me is tempted to get a cleaning lady once a month but i don't think i can justify it.

Gayle** I have those days when I feel fat. Thats when I go to my closet and try on jeans that I can't wear anymore. Then I realize how far I have come. I don't want to get rid of my bigger jeans b/c they are only sizes 28 and I may need them again some day. Its not like they are really big and I don't want to fall back into a trap of mindless eating.

Meredith** I couldn't keep my eyes open last night either. I went to bed at 9:30 and went right to sleep. And I couldn't have slept in to! I worked 2 night shifts this week without much sleep in the daytime. My body was playing catch up!

Gin** come one, come all! I never read the BFL womens book, just the orignal. Im not following BFL, just trying to eat clean.

Rhonda** Good job on the workout. Your gonna have some serious DOMS if you are sore already!

Off again...lets see if I can sneak out of here for a few mins!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Well, this morning I did 4DS Kickbox Cardio only b/4 eating and I finished the whole thing. I didn't feel faint or weak. YEAH!! I guess
my body is finally getting used to these early am workouts.

Still on track with clean eating. I feel thinner, although I won't take measurements until Monday.

Gin - Welcome to the 12 Week Check-in. Has our PYGFO check-in totally died? It seems like days since anybody has posted there.

Gayle - Thanks for all your motivation. I look forward to it every day!!:7 :7

Great job to everyone else.

Carolyn

Good morning! Woke up this morning feeling pretty good for a change so I got up and did the 4DS LIS cardio portion only. Felt pretty good, even though I was coughing a bit. I may have to stick w/ abbreviated WO for a bit, but I can at least get going again.

Food has been pretty good for most of the week. I'm WI @ WW during lunch today since my DS wants to go out for Mexican food tonight (it's his b-day today - 10YO!). My regular WI is either Fri or Sat depending on my work schedule. Cross your fingers!

Lori, I used to HATE it when my kids cried like that! Well, DS anyway. DD never cried much.

Gayle, I have fat days like that at least once a week. Trying on clothes that now fit or are loose is a great way to get past that, isn't it?

Hi to everyone else - sorry to cut it short, but I need to get some work done here. Have a great day!

Day 13 of 12 Week Challenge

Quick update so I can get back to work. . .

Well my doctor said my sleepiness and trouble losing weight was NOT due to my thyroid since my TSH came back as .461 which is in the normal range. He thinks my problems are stress-related and suggested exercise! Ha! Did he even look at my blood pressure reading? Does 110 over 70 sound like someone who's sedentary? He also blamed my age (I'm 43) and said your metabolism slows down as you age. Isn't a drop in basal metabolism mainly due to loss of muscle mass? Hello - did he look at my biceps? I told him I exercise a lot without going into specifics and he just shrugged his shoulders. No more advice for me. Frustrating. The stress isn't going away anytime soon since we have a major year-long project at work I'm heavily involved in so I'll just try to manage it the best I can and keep exercising and eating clean. I'll also try drinking more water and doing more cardio and see if that helps. Like Lorrie told me yesterday - It makes no sense to quit. The good news is that I weighed myself this morning and I'm down that pound I was up.

After dinner last night I was still fired up from my dr. appt. so I did Step Fit and had a blast. This is probably my favorite Cathe step workout of all time so not only did it burn a ton of calories, it put me in a good mood.:) This morning was 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Tricep premix. Will try to do cardio & core tonight.

Sue

CHECK OUT THE STS UPDATE IN THE ASK CATHE FORUM! PRESALE STARTS THIS SATURDAY (1/12) . Okay, I'll stop shouting, but go look. It's incredible--37 dvds!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Good afternoon everyone! I am doing just wonderful this morning had a wonderful workout. I did LIC cardio and leg premix. What a workout! So Gayle, looks like we were thinking the same thing.

I hope everyone else has a really great day!

I seen the STS workouts and was excited about them but not sure if that is the way I want to go or not. I would be more excited if they were around 45 minutes or less. In Cathe's forum they are saying probably less than 60 minutes but you can never be sure until you film them. Ug I don't think I can take many more 60 minute workouts, especially strength. I like to get in and out.

I will be thinking about these workouts to see if they are really what I need.

Rhonda

SCREAM IF YA' WANNA' HEAR MORE!!!!

Woo Hoo - SO PUMPED about STS. I'm thinking that gives me a few months to work on this fat loss, and then get ready to "pump it up!"

Just checking in real fast as I'm getting my drill team stuff ready for tomorrow. Ugh. But my monsters are in school so I was actually able to layer up and get in a 5-mile walk OUTSIDE! Oh - just to breathe that outside air - nothing like it! Then followed up with 4DSKB and BBC chest and abs will be next.

Let's keep working my friends, we are doing this this year!!!!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hey, Lorrie. I'm excited about STS as well. Ironically, on my walk home from school/work this afternoon, I was just thinking to myself about what I will need to do to keep challenging myself...to keep pushing myself to keep on improving. I sit down and read the email update and HAVE MY ANSWER!

And yes......

[font size=+2 font color=red]We are doing this this year!!![/font]

[font color=purple]I don't want ANYBODY getting lost in the shuffle of these next 10 weeks or so.
We are in this together!
If you're losing inches or pounds, let us know.
If you're struggling, let us know.
Check in here, post on the open forum, or PM me!
I will NOT LET ANYBODY FALL AWAY FROM THIS 12 WEEK JOURNEY!
[/font]

Gayle

Gayle-

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

Your post is exactly what I am talking about. You are so encouraging and motivating. I could just hug you right now!!

I told my sister about you and your achievements. She could see how pumped up I am about this life style change and she is on board. Even though she recently moved 1000 miles away from me, (I'm in GA and she moved to Arkansas),she has been calling me every morning to tell me what exercises she has done and wants to know what I can recommed her to eat. She has never done a Cathe workout or anything other than walking or light weight for that matter so I am trying to get her to invest in Cathe.

I dare anyone or anything to get in my way the next 10 weeks!!!

STS here we all come

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.