12 Week Challenge, Sunday the 13th

banslug

Cathlete
Good Sunday morning!

I hope you are all ready to close out this week and start a brand new one!
What are your goals for this coming week?

I was up extra early. It just seems that when Sunday (my rest day and my free day) rolls around, I'm so excited to take my stats and pictures, I just can't sleep much past 5:30 or 6am! lol I've done just that...taken and updated my pics and stats. I'm down 3# from last week, any my pictures are making me a happy camper this morning!

What's on YOUR agenda today?
The boys and I are hunkering down for FOOTBALL! Older DS is a HUGE HUGE HUGE Cowboys fan, so we'll be cheering the team on! Other than that, R&R!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning!

Well...I have finally decided to join the BFL challenge! I just love the eating pattern sooo much! Im gonna give it a shot again:) Today being my first day of course.

I had planned on taking a rest day today and I didn't go to bed until 12:30. I set my alarm just in case I wanted to workout. It went off, I reset it, went back to bed but couldn't get to sleep. So I got back up and did a 4.5 mile run. It was a very challenging run. I mixed up the miles with speed and hills.Sometimes both at the sametime.

Last night we went out for dinner with friends. We were going to go to a nice restaurant but it was last when we left the house. We ended up going to a pub style restaurant where I ended up having deep fried food:eek: YUCK! My belly was sooo bad after. I get a bad belly these days if I eat anything nasty. I eat healthy for the most part and I don't think my body likes the yucky food anymore.

Im working all day but then I am off for 3:) Can't wait! I love my days off!

Gayle** Have a good day with the kiddies! My goal this week will be related to eating of course. My workouts are never the issue and its not greasy food, its sweets. But im sure you heard me whine about that last week. How much weight did you lose in the first challenge?

Alright...again...I should be around quit a bit today!

Lori:)

Morning fellow 12ers. Great job on the stats moving and the already good workouts. Great run Lori. Gayle - 3 more pounds. Woooo Hoooo.

I did my stats this morning, and while my inches are going in the right direction - I'm still down only 3 pounds --- that has me a bit disappointed. Soooooo, my focus for this coming week is on making the scale move in the right direction. Here I am:

wt = 132
chest = 34.5
rt arm = 11
left arm - 11.25
waist = 29.5
hips = 38
rt thigh = 22.75
left thigh = 22
rt calf = 14.5
left calf = 15

So overall, down 3# and 2.75 inches. It's small, but I was hoping for more. I did 2 weeks of BBC mixed up with 4DS cardio. Think I might shoot more another week of BBC and up some cardio.

Ok - DH and I are up for some protein pancakes - though I use steel cut oats in mine. Have a great day my friends. Week 3 is on the horizon.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Gayle and Lori...and all who follow!

Gayle...great job!!! Can you believe we are already starting another week?

Lori...fried food makes me so sick.....but I know the feeling of being in a pub style place and just going with the flow of what everyone else is eating.....but I so regret it later.

3 months till my cruise!!!

Time to kick it into high gear with the workouts and try not to miss my planned days. Hard to do sometimes when you are a single mom and work a full-time and part-time job.....it just means getting up super early and fitting it in and putting myself first.

Have a great day!

~E

GOOD MORNING..............Challengers! :)

I'm back from Mexico and READY TO WORK }( I love vacation, but absolutely LOVE coming home, seriously. I'm ready to get back to normal and get some results!!

Gayle - Good luck on the football game. It's so fun to watch with excited kids isn't it. My son is a huge Vikings fan (even though we are done for the season ;( it was a blast all season long with him) I'll be rooting on your Cowboys for you. Rah -Rah !!! Your results are great, keep up the great work - you are as usually, a huge inspiration here ;-) :*

Lori - 4.5 miles already - you go girl!!! Good luck with BFL - I'm curious about their eating plan, I might have to check that out. I'm torn as to what kind of eating plan to go with and maybe that one will be it.

Lorrie - your inches lost are great, be proud of yourself - you are going in the right direction. I hate the scale, too, but try to look at the positive and go for the gold this week with the scale, we are behind you!

E - You sound like a very busy mom. Good luck with your goals. Sounds like you have a great motivator in a cruise coming up - GOOD LUCK! You can do this!!!

Now, for me today - I'm going to set up an exercise and eating plan for myself and get it in my calendar. We finally got laundry caught up from the trip and now just trying to ease ourselves back into reality :7 . I have no idea what I will do for a workout today, I have to teach Sunday School soon and then we go and clean our bar and grill from that point - I have no idea. Lots of friends are coming down to see pics etc so I might not get home until later.

I'm so glad to be back and on this board for motivation - you gals are AWESOME!!!! :7 :*

Marcia.

Good Morning everyone. Today is my rest day and my body feels like it needs it. Eating yesterday was ok until last nite DH took me to Carlos O'Kellys and today my stomache hurts. I will just be sitting at home hoping the Cowboys get beat Sorry Gayle. Tomarrow is my weigh in day and I hope I have better results then last week.

HI all -- It's a nice Sunday morning here. I'll be taking a walk later with DH as my exercise today. I did ME and the new KB yesterday and loved it.

Gayle and Lorrie- congrats on the weight/inches lost and the good pics. What a motivator!

Lori - I love it when I get in a workout that I hadn't really planned on.

E - I wanna go on cruise too! I am so sick of cold weather.

Marcia - ah, Mexico. See desire for cruise above. And we're supposed to get so much snow today that school will be closed Monday. Yuck. Oh well, skiing should be good on Friday.

We went to a wine tasting last night and I ate a little more than planned. I did not stuff myself but it was not really clean. My goal this week is a good clean eating week. No worries about workouts, that's been going great and should continue.

Meredith

Hiya girls--

I've been lurking for a while here. Started the 12 week challenge 13 days ago. I finally decided to go public--LOL :)

Please allow me to introduce myself---Sounds like a song huh? :)

My name is Kath. I live in the cold part of NY. Yesterday was my birthday--turned 41. Yup proud of it cause I don't feel it :)I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids: DD is 22yrs old. DS is 19 --soon to be 20 in February. DD #2 is 18. As you can see had them young :)

I am following the BFL challenge as well but adding a bit more cardio cause Im trying to increase my mileage in running. I have ran a few 5Ks--fastest time was 26.34. Figured there is no reason why I can't run longer/fastest. Only thing stopping me is ME :) I started this also 13 days ago and have seen a great improvement in my endurance level.

Im looking to drop 10pounds. And lean out. So far Im right on track.

I don't have a sweet tooth--I know crazy huh? But I am a chips/salsa kinda girl. So far I have not fallen off the wagon in the department. I just don't keep that stuff in the house.

Im proud to say I dropped 2 pounds since I started this and like I mentioned above my endurance has increased greatly. The size 4 jeans are fitting a little loose now :)

Im very interested in buying the STS series but have held off for two reasons--#1 wonder if I will bulk up. I am 5'3 and tend to put muscle on easily. I certainally don't want to be buying bigger jeans just to get my thighs into a pair :) and #2 Im waiting for a few more book sales to PAY for my purchase. Nothing like not having debt :)

Starting weight: 126
Today's weight 124

I know I can do this :)

Great job to all of you. I think we all can keep each other going.

By the way - I'm still with you ladies! I'm down 5 pounds and feeling pretty darned good! It's been crazy around here with sales meetings and things, so I haven't been on the boards much, but I am still part of what Gayle started, and i'm loving it!

Christine** I didn't know you were down 5 lbs! Good job. Even with your busy schedule you lost weight? Now thats a challenge!

Marcia** Hmmm...teaching Sunday school, then going to a bar? That doesn't sound right! LOL;) JK! The eating program in BFL is pretty simple. You get 6 meals a day, each consisting of a serving of protein and a serving of carbs. And to two of those meals you add a serving of veggies:9 Your workouts are suppose to be done on a empty stomach and you eat your first meal 1 hour after your workout. Then every other meal is 2-3 hour after.

Roxie** Enjoy your rest day!

Lorrie** Good job on the weightloss! Regardless of how long its taking, atleast it didnt come back, right?

~E** A cruise sounds so nice right about now. My friend just called and she is getting her bags ready for the Bahamas. SHe wanted a loan of my bikinis and dresses. I guess if Im not going ,there really isn't a reason why my swimsuits can't! hehe

Luckyruns** Welcome! Your life sounds like a busy one although most of the raising is done now:) I bet your saying, thankgoodness! Your weight seems to be pretty good right now but hopefully you will get to where you want to be.!

Meredith** Glad your having a relaxing day with the fam! Which I were home hanging out!

Time for lunch! IM STARVING!

Lori:)

Good Morning!

Today I did DM cardio only and CTX Kickbox abs.
My energy level was lower than usual during the cardio. Does this happen to you guys when starting to eat clean and lower your calorie intake?? I want to know if this is normal.
I will weigh in on Tuesday.

Gayle--Tell me about the "free"day. I am reading the BFL Book for Women, which may be different. Your pics look great!:) So funny that your ds are Cowboy fans. You know we live in Fort Worth.

Lorrie--Congrats on being 3# down and 2.75"! Woo Hoo!!

Kath--Welcome! I just joined the group last week.

Hi to Lori, E, Marcia, Roxie, Meredith, Christine and all others who follow!
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good morning all !

Today is rest day for me so will be doing Stretch Max as soon as I get the house warmed up a bit.

Weighed in and measured - down a pound (ecstatic because of my bad eating last week) and also over 3 inches lost in exactly the places I want to reduce the quickest (pooch and hips :7 ).

Gayle: Super job on your losses - pics for me will be a little later when I can see a "larger" difference. Have fun watching the game and being with the boys.

Lori: Also can't eat too much of the greasy foods without feeling sick, but at least you jumped right back on and got in a good run.

Lorrie: Good job with the steady losses. Consistency is the best way and though the pounds may not be dropping off, if the inches are then the fat is leaving and the muscle is increasing. Of course the muscle is burning more calories so much better all the way around !

~E: Wow, the cruise will be great additional motivation and "me time" is so important. Stick with it !

Marcia: Glad the trip was good for you - owning a business is tough - so good to see you had a break. Hope your "plan" comes together soon and you can jump on the wagon with us quickly.

Roxie: Hope you had fun last night but sorry about the tummy ache. Maybe lots of water will help flush out whatever is in there and the rest should help.

Meredith: The wine tasting sounds like fun. Haven't done it in quite a while. And I still say we have to have fun once in a while so we have a reason to live and work so hard.

Kath: A big WELCOME to you. Glad you could join us and we can "see" you now;) Sounds like you are doing well and on your way to accomplishing your goals. So what are your "book sales"? Do your write or just sell books? Any discount plans for fellow Catheites?}(

Christine: WOW ! A 5 pound loss with all that stress? And I thought I could blame what little work stress I have on my pooch! Hope to see you a little more now.

Gin: I did the Fat Flush plan last year with basically no grains and about 1200 calories for two weeks. I could hardly get through a half hour of Cathe. I did drop the weight and when I added back in my my oatmeal, whole grain breads and brown rice back it was much easier to workout. Are you making sure to get protein and carbs at each meal? And eating 5 - 6 times a day? That will help maintain your energy a bit more. And if it is a drastic change in diet you may need a little adjusting too. I found just dropping the step to the lowest height and not doing the jumping, etc. I could muster through and still feel like I had a good workout. Keep us posted . . .

Hi, everyone! Just a quick update before heading out to church. . .

Congrats to all you "losers"! :+

Yesterday was weigh-in day and free day. Didn't lose anything last week which is disappointing and almost skipped my free day because of it. But knowing myself, I knew if I did that I'd cheat later in the week so I went ahead and took my free day. Today I'm feeling highly motivated again. My goal for this week will be to get the scale to move. "Move, darn you!"

Did a Tae Bo Bootcamp with Billy Bands I bought at K-Mart the other day and Kelly Coffey-Meyer Step Kickbox (love this one!). Will do some abs this afternoon and maybe go for a walk.

Sue

Thanks for the big welcome---- :)

Lori: You betcha I'm busy-- but things are slowing down a bit for me.I'm so looking fwd to having more *free* time for myself. It's amazing how fast they grow up.

Sue: very cute --"Congrats to all us losers". Never thought we would like being called that :)Don't be discouraged with not losing anything last week-- it will come off soon :)

Jacque: I am not a writer. Although there are many times I swear my life is a sitcom :) My MIL can pass for Marie from Everybody loves Raymond :) With two kids in college Im either buying them textbooks or selling their old ones. I guess Im getting money back that I already spent but yet it can be applied to something for ME :)

Gin: Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sunday is my rest day and also a free day. I dont really fall off the eating wagon. Course not so much now since the chips are out of the house :)

Tomorrow is my 8 mile run along with weights. I'm spoiled that I can either workout at home or the gym. With our weather this year--seems I'm more at the gym than at home. I do miss my runs outside.

Hey there everyone! Boys just went home after the sleepover and I'm fixin' to do the All Step premix from Cardio Fusion. Just need DS off the living room TV. Food wasn't the greatest yesterday, but I'll count it as my free day and move on.

My 2 goals for this week:
1. cleanER eating than last week (for those of you WWers - that means using fewer WPA)
2. stick w/ the 4DS rotation

I was down 1.5# this week. Haven't measured - I'm thinking I will do that about once a month as mine haven't changed in the last year despite losing 10#! Whatever. It's only partly about looking better. For me, the FEELING better is the important part.

I'm gonna scoot and see if I can get a few chores done. See you all tomorrow!

Hi, everyone!
This week I am doing the slow and heavy series, with Kp&C, drill max, and 1 Jari love mixed in! Also core max! Eating is better, but I dreamt about chocolate all night!! The good news is that my weight has not changed.Being that I am about to get my period, thats actually great! ( I usually gain around 5 lbs., even with clean eating, around that time!!!)I hope everyone is doing well! Take care, Nancy J.~~

Thanks, Kath and Happy Belated Birthday! :)

So are you planning to enter another 5K race soon? A loooooong time ago when I was in my mid 20s (I'm 43 now) I did a few 5Ks. I remember my best time being 24:35 and being disappointed in that. I'd love to be able to run that fast now. Can't run right now at all. I live in the cold part of Wisconsin (which is pretty much the entire state ;-) ) and don't have a treadmill. Come spring though I'll get the urge to be outside again.

Welcome to our group!

Sue

Good evening everyone! I realize that I never introduced myself!

My name is Sheree' and I live in Texas. I am a mom of 2 children! My specific goals is to try and lose those last 10 dreaded pounds1 If I can't get it off,I will take off as many inches as I possibly can! I could use the inches off my arms and my inner thighs. I have not measured total body yet, but my current weight is 126! I want to be 115 if possible.

All right that being said, my goals for the week will include some fun cardio and I believe I will be doing the gymstyles this week to change up the workouts from endurance based back to strength based.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great, keep up the great work!

Ok here is what I ate all day. Keep in mind Sundays are bad for me. Brkfst. was scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon. DH was home has to have big brkfst. Lunch Activa Cheddar and Colby cheese with 3 Ritz crackers. Had a bowl of Doritos, then fixed supper which was chicken breast using a new recipe I got out of Light and Tasty, mashed potatoes with gravy also part of the same recipe, and peas. As you can see on Sundays there is no actual meals.
Hopefully when I wt. tomarrow it will be good. Iam going to try an get up early to do Low Impact Step.

Welcome Sheree! I'm sure you'll do terrific on this challenge! Glad to have you here! Today was a lighter day for me, just walked 2.5 miles and did GS Back (only) wt work. See everyone tomorrow--I think we've got a snow day coming. Major Nor'easter headed our way. Ugh. Shovel Max.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.