12-Week Challenge Check-in for New Year's Eve!!!!

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Challengers:

Welcome to our 12-week challenge! I am inspired by Cathe’s “Eye of the Tiger” calendar for 2008. I have been battling my weight for a lifetime, and it is not going down without a fight. With a determined focus and a renewed commitment, I am ready to rise to the challenge!

Glory! I love the hope and joyful expectation the dawn of a new year delivers. I can testify that 2007 was a life-changing year of mental and emotional transformation. I started the year with a blast of inspiration after receiving my first Cathe calendar, ventured out of my comfort zone to Jersey for my first Cathe Road Trip in August (when I was feeling insecure about my weight and size), embraced heavy weight training and faithfully completed my first official Cathe rotation with Cathe’s 4-Day Split in November, and wrapped up 2007 by breaking free from a cycle of defeat that I had been caught in for years.

Cathe’s 4-Day Split was my breakthrough series. Cathe created fun and effective workouts that inspired me to embrace heavy weight training after years of cardio and circuit training. I was delighted with the dancy step choreography, and my results inspired me to start 2008 with a 12-week challenge centered around the 4-Day Split.

I wrapped up 2007 with a major breakthrough on Christmas Eve. I have been stuck in a cycle for years of gaining a chunk of weight during the holidays, writing off the last week of the year as a lost cause, eating everything in sight for a week, and starting over on New Year's Day. I confess that I indulged in feast food and gained weight during the holidays. But I started over at 4:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. It dawned on me that I do not need to wait for a new year, a new week, or even a new day to make a fresh start! The 6:00 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight worship service was so inspiring. I left my last Hershey's Hug on the altar during communion. I fasted and drank nothing but water and a few sips of orange juice on Christmas Day. I blessed my body with plenty of nutrient-dense food for the rest of the week. I am bursting with energy and ready to blast off my 12-week challenge this morning!

I am delighted to share the good news that for the first time in years, I am joyfully starting a new year from a place of victory. Taking a recovery week to detox, refuel, and recharge with restful sleep was a good plan.

My workouts will center around the 4-Day Split with extra cardio. My game plan for nutrition is about abundance, not deprivation. I am returning to a plant-based way of eating and blessing my body with 80 percent fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and hemp protein and keeping dairy, organic eggs, condiments, and fun foods to 20 percent of my intake. I believe eating 80 percent clean consistently will be better for me in the long run than eating 100 percent clean for a few weeks followed by a fit of rebellion!

I am starting 2008 and this challenge at 230 pounds in size 20 jeans. My goal for 2008 is to shed 100 pounds (down to a size 8) and break free from this fat cocoon for good! My goal for this challenge is to break into the 100s and fit comfortably into size 14 jeans by Easter. That is a size a month! I have not consistently weighed under 200 pounds since the spring of 2006. I dipped into the 190s after my first Hardcore Series rotation in the fall of 2006 and stayed there for less than a week. I took a break from Cathe during a recovery week, and my weight immediately bounced up again. Keeping my weight under control is like holding a beach ball under the water! I am so thankful I found Cathe’s workouts because they are very effective.

I am believing God for deliverance from 100 pounds in 2008 and another live Cathe class to celebrate! My pictures are stored in my photo album, and my weight and measurements are recorded on my 2008 Cathe calendar! Cathe is waiting for me to start my 12-week New Year’s Eve to Easter challenge. Let the transformation begin!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning, Heather. Happy New Year's Eve!!!

GOOD MORNING, crew! It’s Monday. Day 1. Are you all ready? Have you written down your goals? What do you want to accomplish over the next few days, weeks, and months? If 12 weeks (or 84 days) seems too big or daunting, then break it down. Let’s say today is day 1 of 7. Then next Monday we’ll start at day 1 of 7 again. Make it thru these 12 weeks with consistancy (that does NOT mean perfection) and you just WAIT to see how different you feel in the end!

We’re in this together! You’ve got nothing to lose over these next 12 weeks, besides perhaps inches, some weight, and maybe a bad habit or too? lol

OK….I was up early this morning. My daily goal is to have my workout done and to be showered and dressed before the kids get out of bed. My workout was PLB. I’m using pretty heavy weights at this point, and I’m making some changes and additions to that workout as it’s produced. What does that mean? lol It means my legs are shaking ALREADY! YEAH….I’ll be feeling it tomorrow, that’s for sure!

Please feel free, anybody, to start the post each day. I try to get on the PC before our hustle and bustle of our day starts, but that’s not always possible…especially if one of the kids wants the PC too!

Also, as for your goals, you do whatever you want with them. Keep them private, or share them. It's completely up to you! We're all just here for the moral support!!! No pressure!

Tonight is New Year's Eve. What are your plans? Any challenges you'll need to overcome? For me, I'm going to a friend's house, where there will be LOTS of food and drinks. I'm planning on NO alcohol (which isn't much of a challenge anyway, lol) and NO food that is not CLEAN!!!!!

OK….off to start my day with a warm shower. I’ll be in and out during the day to check out who all joined us today.

Gayle

Goooooood Morning 12 weekers!!! And how did I KNOW it would be my illustrious fellow T-12ers to begin this thread! :) Well, as some of you know I am usually up well before dawn - usually 4:00ish to get in my workouts. But as these holidays have progressed so has my sleep - ICK ICK ICK!!!! So day 1 eh? This am I got in Cathe's 4DSKB and a 30-minute itread of sprints. (wink mama!:)) Wasn't quite up at 4:00 - made it 5:30. (Hey kids are still on break for a few more days at least - HA!)

Later on I'll pull out my new BBC and get in my weight work. I pulled out the book that made more sense to me than anything, but that I've gotten away from - BFFM. And I remembered that I NEED to pull my butt out of bed in the a.m. to move move move. It's the endomorph in me. And I need fewer carbs - SOOOOOO I'm re-committed to my Cinch plan, but the whey based this time instead of soy. Gayle I'll be calling on you for your relentless encouragement ok?

Ladies - WE CAN DO THIS!!!! 2008 is OUR YEAR! :) I'm 45 this June and my goal is to be comfortable in my skin. Now, I have a horrible problem with negative body image, so this will be all about small increments for me. I'm thinking this is my day 1 of 7 like Gayle said. DH is always the one who sabatages my food efforts and he did bring home all sorts of goodies for our in-home NY Eve celebration with the monsters (aka my kids). So I'll be looking on here today for strength to stay true to my plan. Let's Go Let's GO Let's GO!!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Okay, you've convinced me!! Your enthusiasm is contagious!

12 weeks is a bit overwhelming to think about, but consistency is what works for me. The first four weeks will be a rotation using Gym Styles, modeled after Fitness Freak's Leg Blast rotation. Not sure where I will go after that. I am sure you all will give me some great guidance.

I am taking a cue from Heather and I am going to go with 80% clean and 20% whatever I want -- that's the goal.

I need to take my measurements today, and I will check in tomorrow with my stats.

Workout today was 4DS Double Cardio LIS & HIS. Now off to shower, then to the grocery store for some yummy, clean groceries!

YAY! We've convinced Katie that WE'RE ALL NUTS! LOL Welcome aboard!

Lorrie-ohhhhhhhhhhh...which iTread Sprint? 13 or 19? lol And you're not alone on needing the daily (somethime HOURLY) encouragement. lol I'm looking at all of YOU for that as well! OH YEAH! And THANK YOU, Lorrie! Thanks to your "De-Christmas" post, my tree is now out at the bottom of the drive way and my living rooms are both needle-free and somewhat organized again! LOL

OK...I REALLY need a shower. My legs are starting to tighten up, so the heat of the HOT HOT HOT water will loosen them up, HOPEFULLY!

BBL to say HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Gayle

I'm in! Perfect timing for me; I just received my Cathe calendar and made my 3-month rotation. I'm a morning exerciser and have to get up at 5:00 AM to workout before kid routine/work routine starts.

January: Rotate Cathe Basic Step, KPC, and MIS--5x/week
February: KPC, Body Fusion, Legs & Glutes, PHour--6x/week
March: Imax2, MIS, KPC, BootCamp--6x/week

I'm just getting back into Cathe, so the first two weeks of January will be taking it slow--my goals are Monday and Friday, do Basic Step,Wednesday, do KPC. Anything else is a bonus!

Weight and nutrition goals: Started Atkins induction two days ago and I feel great! This means stopping wine, sugar, and flour for good, unless it's a holiday or birthday--that's it! I'm 5'11" and 157 lbs. Goal is 140 lbs. I have additional incentive in that my employer currently has a wellness program which pays us $5/lb. to lose weight (by May). I can certainly achieve a 17 lb. loss by then. I'll use the cash to buy more Cathe workouts (either 4DS or money towards the new ones--although they look scary!)

Looking forward to checking in with you each day.

Tara

Oh, Tara. Your employer's idea is AWESOME! MAKE THEM PAY, GIRL! LOL Congrats on committing to this with us! I'm also a 5am gal, so you won't be alone when that alarm goes off!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies

Im Amelia :7! Im a 29 yr old SAHM who has a wonderful husband and two amazing children(2 and 6)Im also a part-time college student going for my certification in medical billing(got one more class left,yay)

I wanted to introduce myself a bit before just jumping in!:)

My goals are to lose this last 30 or so pds that has held on for dear life since the spring of last year. Im also starting the South Beach Diet today(phase one)simply because nothing else that ive tried has moved the scale:-(.My body is SO stubborn and settle in to any routine very quickly. I LOVE Cathe's workouts and workout around 5/6 days a week with her.

So here I am,I hope to get to know everybody and can keep up with personals too!
ETA- Heather B. I use to be in a size 22/24 so i KNOW where your coming from! Sounds like you are really focused and ready to start the new year....I wish you the best of luck.
bbl :)

Hi, Amelia-thanks for intro'ing yourself! As for personals, don't put too much pressure on yourself. I know it's hard, and I'm expecting a bunch of people to be joining us for this 12 weeks. I know on a normal day, when the kids are in school and stuff, I don't get all that much PC time myself! Now....let's see if we can get that scale moving DOWN!

Gayle

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!! And, so excited to start with all of you. I am leaving for a week vacation this Friday to Playa Del Carmen - Mexico. :7 :7 So, I'm starting with you, but will be away from the check-in for a week in the sun.

I am 5'6" and weigh 195. My goal is to shed 50 pounds and become a strong woman!! ;-)

My rotations (are not quite set up yet), but will consist of P90X, Cathe and Turbo Jam. I also teach step aerobics three times a week so that will help with the cardio part for sure.

Eating - that will be Weight Watchers with a huge stress of 'clean eating'. I will do the Flex at this point until I reach a plateau and then I will switch to Core.

I'm so glad you got this moving, Gayle, you are a sweetheart and wonderful motivator.

Oh, my 'other' goals consist of looking into becoming a personal trainer. I'm confused as to which organization to get it from and what it all consists of, but that's a huge goal for the new year as well.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!! I'll be back later to check in on who else will be here to join us.

Marcia :*

Good morning all 12-weekers!!! I woke up so excited this morning!! This challenge is exactly what I need, especially after stepping on the scale this morning :eek: ! Man, seeing that number was painful! Had to be done though, time to move on.

I wrote down my goals and made my meal plan. No coffee this morning. HUGE adjustment for me. I think this will be my biggest obstacle.

Had protein pancakes for breakfast this morning...:9 yummy! Will be doing upper body tonight. Probably PUB, following the rep pattern of BFL.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Melissa - just had to pop on real quick to tell you that backing away from the coffee is hard, but OH SO DOABLE!!! I was a coffee junkie, and now it is Tazo green ginger tea all the way for me. As a matter of fact I cannot even drink the coffee we make at home like I used to. Every now and again I'll treat myself to a coffee at Panera, but I've learned to make it my treat. When I do really good in other areas, I totally enjoy that coffee. But I could never make it through without my green tea now. You can get there. BTW - WHY are you backing away from it?

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

My goals:

1. Maintain my 25 pound weight loss. Make good food choices and avoid over-eating; especially overeating due to stress.

2. Exercise regularly - 6 times a week. Most of the time with Cathe. However also cross-train with other activities and try other instructor videos.

3. Find more balance in my life.

4. Knit through some of my yarn stash. One can't eat when she is knitting.

Going downstairs to do Cathe.

I know that 2008 will be an awesome year!

Glad to know that we are in this together.

Take care,

Rhonda

Hi All~

I am in on this challenge, too. I am also doing a BootCamp challenge at my gym. That will be the easy part. The food will be my biggest challenge.

In my experience, I can keep with the exercising, but not the food plan.

What works best for me is lower carb (I could live off of carbs, so low carb for me is around 100), high protein, high fiber and lower calorie (1500 calories).

I am much better when I am working (I have been home for the last week or so). The routine of work is better for me. I have gained 5 pounds over Christmas break. I need to lose those 5 and about 10-15 more. I am not focusing wholely on the scale. I am measured at the gym (no weight), so they will keep track of that progress for me.

I am planning a great spring break vacation on the beach and I'd like to be in a 2 piece bathing suit the whole vacation!!

Good luck ladies! Stay committed!
Jenn

Goals:

To stick to my food plan
Exercise 5-6 days per week
Water---lots!
Support all of you and accept your support!!
Starting weight: 145 lbs (at 5'4")
Goal weight: 125 lbs.

Thanks for the encouragement Lorrie!

The only reason that I am backing away from coffee is the amount of sugar/splenda I use. It has become more of a "treat" for me than anything else.

I just keep telling myself that I don't need it. I want it, really really bad, but I don't need it!!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!

I am looking forward to the 12 week challenge. My eating clean is the biggest hurdle right now. I quit smoking the beginning of November and have put on 7 lbs. with all the holiday baking........and eating, ooopsie:). I took my measurements last night........wasn't real happy, but today is a new start. I WILL conquer that sugar demon!!!!...............againx(

I am going to start my challenge off with a fat loss & legs/glutes rotation. After that I want to get back into heavier lifting. Today I did legs & glutes and the cardio only from bootcamp. I had my protein pancakes with apple for breakfast. So I have gotten off to a good start as of right now:). It's always later in the day that things go to pot and I seem to eat anything in sight. THAT'S where MY challenge starts. So wish me luck for later today, LOL.

Good luck everyone on your fitness journey!

Sally

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this challenge. I have had a rough year that included knee surgery and a kind of long recovery and then progressed onto some back problems. Also, some weight gain from being down and out for so long. The last two months of this year I kind of gave up on myself, but I am ready to start caring again.

I had been exercising after work, but I have found that doesn't make me very consistent. So, my goal is to wake up and do my workouts in the AM before work. That means getting up at 4:45 on some days and 5:30 on other days. It will just feel so good to have it out of the way. My rotation is going to look something like this

Day 1: elliptical (itrain or CC)
Day 2: full body workout + 20 min itread
Day 3: spinning
Day 4: circuit or functional fitness
Day 5: spinning
Day 6: full body workout + 20 min itread or stairmaster or rowing

I use Cathe for my full body and circuit workouts, but I can't do her cardio workouts anymore. They are just too much for my knees right now. So, I go to the gym for my cardio (except for spinning).

As for me eating. Wow, this needs work. My goals for the first month is to eat 4-5 times a day, drink my water, and have a plan for dinner every night. I plan out everything else but dinner and when I get home I don't know what to eat so I just snack on everything. I subscribed to the Clean Eating Mag and DH and I are going to go through it and plan out a couple of dinners for the week.

I am ready to feel better about myself. I am looking forward to putting 2007 behind me and starting a new year.

Tonight DH and I are going to the mountains for a friend's wedding. I am allowing myself one glass of wine. I am not sure about the food situation but I plan on eating a nice snack before I go and drinking lots of H2O.

I hope to be able to check in tomorrow, but I might be busy prepping all of my food for the week :7

Hello,

I'm jumping in here too. I may not have time to post every day....but I'm always reading to get support and motivation.

My 12 week rotation is planned. It's a mix of GS, Turbo Jam, Various Cathe Circuits and CoreMax abs. I actually started last week to get a jump start thru the holidays.

My eating will be Boring-ly the same most days (due to many intolerances), but will always include daily:

Oatmeal
Pr Powder
Mixed Berries
Almonds
Broccoli/Asparagus
Chicken or Turkey
Salmon
Olive Oil

All (or most of) these foods are anti-inflammatory and work for me.

Confession....My biggest cutback will have to be the red wine.
x( I love it, but it really re-rails my diet and workouts....so I have to limit this to one or 2 glasses a week.

:) More Later....just wanted to say hello.

Ellen

I'M IN!!!

This 12-week challenge will be awesome but also hard. That is why it is called a challenge. I struggled for a few days after seeing Gayle's post. Yeah, NO, Yeah, NO - I ended up with the YEAH!!

My goals are to continue drinking only water and eating no candy (which I have been doing religiously for 18 months). Once I let go of my diet Mountain Dew and my Mike N Ikes and Skittles and Good N Plenties, I have had no desire for them. I also stay away from donuts, cakes, and that kind of junk food.

I have been over the last six months eating the baked lay chips and for the sweetness that I crave animal cookies(which have only 2 grams of fat in them). My problem is when I am reading, I am also eating this junk). So, my challenge is to not eat while I read, to not eat these nutritionless foods, mindlessly.

I weighted in this morning at 122, I did weigh 112 last year at this time. So, I would like to lose that 10 pounds. I already work out everyday - so my challenge will be to keep at it, but also not to overdo it in that area.

I did LIC with the bonus cardio two times this morning. I will be doing B & G's tonight.

I am so happy to join you all with this challenge. Whenever I feel myself giving in to some of these urges, I will think of all of you doing the same thing. This will help tremendously!

Happy New Year,

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.