12 Week Challenge/04-28/Week 2

gidget1978

Cathlete
HI Girls!

Just a quick hello! I am up bright and early to get a workout in before work.I weighed today (again) and I was down 2 lbs now.I now weigh 128.5 lbs.Hmmmm...not sure how that happened but anyway...Ill take it:)

I feel so bloated already its crazy! Almost like I need to start my period in order to releive the bloat.Its a good thing I am only 4 weeks!:eek:

So I am going to get a small workout in.I bored LM and C&W to a friend but I am going to see what I have in there.Maybe I can figure something out for 45 min.I also wanted to run for 30 min but I thought I should wait a little longer.

Im not sure whats on the menu today b/c nothing appeals to me anymore.I get hungry, but I don't want anything and thats the worst!

Have a good day everyone and I will be back later when I get to work for a nice chat!

Lori:)

My, My...where are all you sleepy heads!!!???

I ended up doing a 20 min run and 2 seg of LM.Thats all I had time for but I am happy with that.It felt so good to run but I took it easier and no interval running. Then I ate a banana.Im gonna have a bowl of oatmeal later.

Lori:)

Hi, Lori! Feeling bloated already, hugh? LOL When do you visit the Doc for a due date???

My wokrout this morning was upper body work from Power Hour. NO RUN! Laying off the runs now till Sunday's half! I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!!!!

I have to cut the grass today, so I will use the push mower so I'll get a bit of some cardio shoving that thing thru the grass for 2+ hours! LOL

Have an AWESOME FRIDAY!

Gayle

Lori - way to go on your run -- I am sorry your appetite isn't good right now but it won't be long - maybe some whole wheat crackers and club soda will help - that is what I used to snack on while pregnant - you have a wonderful day!

Morning - I have been busy -- actually wallowing in self degredation and pity....x(

I had a carb binge yesterday, I don't know how much I ate....I don't know why I did it. So I spent the evening looking over my week. I averaged only 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, I worked out hard/intense most days the shortest of which was 85 minutes plus I teach aerobics (awt) two evenings a week and I think I was just worn out. I was originally carb cycling and on my high carb day is where I got set off .... it was also Administrative Professional's week and I am one...and I have a great team except they dropped off goodies all week and I have one more day -- most of it went right into the trash but by the afternoon yesterday my goals went into the trash instead...;( so, I finished whining as my stomach was feeling miserable and began to hurt so bad.... and I thought about what I did in the beginning when I was learning how to be healthy that kept me motivated and my goals in front of me all the time and that was too make a "New Me" notebook.

So, to make my long drawn out check in today a bit more to the point, I made a "Success Notebook" I have filled it with quotes, my before pictures, and a motivational success manual with exercises which I will do every night - this may seem a bit extreme for some but I think it, this challenge, and some old memories of what it is like to be fat is just what I need.....

and....today I slept all the way until 4:30 - I have been waking at 1:00 - I reevaluated my week and I am taking a rest day and will walk at lunch because the weather is beautiful, and after a very good bubble bath and sleep tonight I will begin my workout program where I left off in the morning!

Sorry so long!

Gayle - we cross posted I guess.....the weather here is beautiful so if it is there then you will have a good time during your mow! Have a great day!

Kathy, I think your Success Notebook is a great idea!! I can see why you'd be worn out too! I'm sure you'll work out the glitches in staying on track. I think a rest day is just what the doctor ordered! :)

Heidi

Hi girls.

Today I plan to go to a 9:30 SPIN class. The rotation actually calls for LowMax but I'm lovin' the gym and I figure spin is a good sub!}(

Lori: You are acting just like me when I first found out I was prego...I was sooo nervous with my exercise! LOL As time went on I got more comfortable and didn't hold back as much but ofcourse, as time went on I ALSO got larger which would naturally slow me down wether I wanted it to or not. They say though, that as long as there is nothing wrong, you can continue with your normal exercise regimen...you just shouldn't try to go beyond what you normally do.

Gayle: Best of luck on your upcoming half! My DH normally cuts the grass. He is sooo bad about keeping up with it though. I have considered taking it over and just let him weed whack (I am deathly afraid of weed whackers!LOL) but it would be hard to fit it in with a baby @ home.

Kathy: I know it can be easier said than done but please don't beat yourself up over your carb binge! Today is a new day! Drink lots of water and start over! One day will not ruin all of your efforts!

Hello Heidi!

Wendy-LOL about the weed wacker. Every single time I use that thing, I tell everybody I KNOW that if they see me with it in my hand once again, they need to come take it away from me and ban me from using it ever AGAIN! LOL. I am SO BAD AT weed wacking...I hack the whole yard up, hit the down spouts, etc. TERRIBLE, I tell ya! LOL

Gayle

Morning ladies. I weighed myself this morning and I"m down 4lbs this week. I've got in some decent workouts. Yesterday I did S&H legs (didn't get it in on Wed so I did it last night), walked 3.5 miles and did the 30 min. U/R workout. Today I'm doing Bootcamp and a walk.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Congratulations on the 4lb weight loss Dana! I lost .3lbs this week, but that's because I'm now bloated and premenstrual! LOL! :p

Have fun with Bootcamp, it's one I don't have but I think I'll have to work up to that one.

Heidi

good morning challengers:)
today's workout: TONE it up. I'm finished w/ that rotation. On Monday, I begin my p90x lean rotation. Anyone else game???

Tomorrow is a long run...shooting for 5-7miles. wish me luck:)

My eating for yesterday:
b-oatmeal,skim milk and almonds
s=- optima slim fast
l-grill chicken sandwich w/ baked chips
s-grapes, cottage cheese and almonds
d-fish, broccoli and salad
s-yogurt

ConGRATS to all LOSERS!! woohoo!!

This is a GREAT challenge!
Hello to Gayle, Heidi, Lori, Dana and everyone else!

THIS IS GONNA BE MY 5TH DAY W/ NO DT.COKE!!! WOOHOO!!!

take care:)
Gloria

Gloria CONGRATSto your 5th day w/no diet coke. I'm down to 2 Diet Pepsi's a day. I quit buying it at home so I'm only drinking 2 at work. Gotta kick the habit!

Good Morning Ladies,
IT'S FRIIIIIDAAAAY!
Did Cardio & Weights this morning, but when I put the dvd in I just pushed play and didn't realize that I was doing Imax2 till after the warmup.

Kathy-Carb binge! I hate when that happens. But it sounds like with the lack of sleep and intense exercise that your body was trying to tell you something. So it said,"let's go on a carb binge and maybe Kathy will put us back on a regular schedule":) Unfortunately for me, if I screw up 1 day it turns into 2 weeks, and I'm really trying not to have that happen again.

Dana-Congratulations on the 4 LBs!!!!! Wow, that's great, in 1 week? I weigh myself on Monday mornings to keep me in check over the weekend. Weekends are the hardest for me.

Gayle-Good Luck on Sunday's 1/2. I miss running, but my knees always hurt real bad. I ran the nyc marathon '99 and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Gloria-Is that Tone it Up from SlimSeries? I did P90X lean last fall and combined it with doubles the last month. It was great and melted away all the fat. I'm not up for it again though, I'm really diggin' Cathe right now.

12-Week Check-in

Happy Friday! I was finally able to get back to sleep yesterday morning around 4:00 a.m. I had a dream about Cathe! I woke up and did Boot Camp. It is better to face Cathe in reality than in dreamland. :7 Trust me! I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching last night. Today is my rest day.

Lori, I highly recommend Clif Bars and Luna Bars. For a higher protein option, try Clif Builders Bars. No refined white sugar. No corn syrup. No chemicals. No junk. No animal products. Most of the Clif Bars are 70 percent organic too.

Gloria, do you have a game plan for your weekend eating? I am looking forward to reading a victorious report from you on Monday morning.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Good Morning to Everyone,
I am so glad it is Friday. I didn't sleep all that well last night So, I am tired today. Hopefully, I have a good weekend. I did good this week. ;) Weekends are always the hardest. I really need to watch what I eat on the weekends.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Today is LowMax.

Heather

My final week of slow and heavy is done. Hurray!!! That was three weeks worth and I can really see some good defintion. I always love to do this series and always get excellent results. I love to lift heavy. Give me weights anyday of the week.

Now to next week. I was thinking of doing all circuits or circuits, runs and total body but I have to rethink what I want to do. What ever I decide it will only be for that week and then I am going to do a 3 week rotation of gymstyle combined with runs. Enough thinking out loud.

Congratulations to all of those who lost weight. I usually weigh in once a month but was thinking of doing it weekly with the challenge going on. TTOM is coming so I can feel it all around. But I still will weight in monday and see what is what. Even if I'm at a stand still that will be fine since I know by Friday of next week my body will start to move in the right direction again.

So anyway today I did slow and heavy legs and shoulders, then the ab work from kickbox and 15 min of breathing and stretching exercises. Food so far is

B- protien shake with soy milk, flax and banana
S- oatmeal and 1/2 scoop of protein powder

Just one last note to Kathy. Please forgive yourself. I think that is what you need. Forgiveness on the inside. Don't beat yourself up about food. I've been there many times like I know you have. Once you move on and start fresh you start the commitment all over again and that is the most important thing. Forgive and Forget. The hardest person to do that on is yourself.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Heather and Heather B: girls, we need to UNITE this weekend and make sure we stay on track. I"m going out of town and it's gonna be very challenging for me! HELP!! No seriously, this is my plan of attack. I am gonna PRETEND really hard that it is Monday and Tuesday and JUST STICK W/ IT!!! what do ya think?? LOL...it's worth a try, right?

Nymacita: how did you combine the doubles and lean rotation? I'm very interested to hear how you did that. I wanna MELT FAT away! LOL...were the workouts very long??? I have a little over an hour every morning to workout. LET ME KNOW, thanks:)

take care:)
Gloria

Hi, gotta be quick, sorry....time to mow the lawn.

Does anybody else think Gloria sounds wired even WITHOUT THE SODA????? LOL Great job...keep moving forward.

I just did my Weigh-in...add me to the list of people with a loss this week. I'm down 2.4 pounds from last Saturday. YAHOO!

BBL

Gayle

That is awesome Gayle and everyone else who see the numbers falling!!! :)

I just checked by fat % with a hand help thing- 21.9% (YUCK)Looks like I better get to that workout!! LOL

Gloria-That is a great idea pretending it's Monday. To keep the motivation going for the weekend, I think I will take a look at my before pics too! LOL

Heather

Hi ladies,

you ladies are doing tremendous!! alot of you are already loosing the pounds. i am afraid to weigh myself. i hit the vending machines one too many times. I am back to being a ft sahm now- i had to quit the job due to childcare issues. since my mother is no longer able to keep the boys it doesn't make any sense to spend all the little bit of money i earn on daycare. so i will patiently wait until the right time and opportunity presents itself. the one good thing is NO vending machines at home:p

Wendy- where were you yesterday? we missed you:)

has anyone started thinking of what rotation they are doing for next month??

today i did 2.5 miles on the treadmill, intensity intervals! i also have to tack on s & h triceps because i didn't have time to get in any tricep work yesterday. had to cut my workout short as older ds had a dr. appt.

Happy friday all!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.