10 pounds by when?!?!?!? Thursday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all. I'll still snotty, but feeling much better everyday. I managed to workout yesterday and am looking forward to something cardio later today.

Deb, no leftovers for us, since we ate at a friends house. I kind of miss them! I usually do a ham at Christmas, so no turkey then either.

Shelley, I hope you feel better today. If you have the same crap the rest of us seem to have, prepare for a week of snot and sore throats. Is Sophie any better? At least she made it to the bathroom yesterday.

Amy! I missed your post yesterday! We're happy to have you. Of course, the title is pretty misleading, since I'm not sure any of us are actually losing. But we are trying. That counts, doesn't it? I have Amy's new step workout and love it. Except for the sound. I can't hear her over the music. I also have Tracey's newest, but haven't had time to even preview it.

Shannon, you be careful with the calf. What's going on with the job search?

Mich, LOL at the idea of typing while holding our breath to prevent infections. I tried giving up caffeine a couple years ago, but it was too hard to find anything to drink besides water if we went out anywhere. I just limit it to before noon now.

B, keep up the good work!

Tneah, I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm hoping to get some decorating, wrapping and baking done this weekend.

Hey to anyone I've missed - TK, Michele? I'm out of time and better get to work. Have a melty day all.

Good Morning Robin and all that follow!

Today I did the Back & Biceps pre-mix from 4DS. I was smart today and did one of the warm ups first. This is pretty intense. It goes back and forth between the back work and the biceps. Just around 35 minutes with the 8 min warm up.

Did anybody watch Dancing with the Stars finale? It is the only night time show I watch... now no TV until January when they start the new one with Carrie Ann and Bruno going head to head with dancing and singing teams! ( I do still tape All My Children and watch after dinner).

Robin:
Glad you are feeling better.

Shelley:
another sick one!x(

Amy:
Welcome to the 10# ( or whatever you can do!) crowd. You may want to wear a mask while you are in this place!

Shannon:
I sure give you guys that work out after dinner a lot of credit! I crash then and would never do anything! Be careful with that calf!

Mich:
Caffine is my only vice and I will never give it up}(. Yes I get up at 4:30 or I wouldn;t do any workout at all. Once you start, it gets easier believe me. I too am a cardio hater. If it wasn't for the I-Trains, I wouldn't do anything. Try an I-Tread eliptical. Did you use the free promo code I put on the open forum? Not sure if 4DS will make you want to get up in the morning though LOL! Here are the promo codes: CW2007, AH2007,YL2007. Only one of them is still active and I am not sure which it is, so try them until one works!

B:
Good for you on the eating !:)

Tneah:
9 hours of sleep? I would love to sleep 9 hours! I am lucky to get 5 or 6. My body just will not sleep any more. I think it is part of menopause. Nothing wrong with fat free saltines, especially with soup! :9

Judy:
Thanks for the tips! I take a lot of supplements and rarely get sick. Maybe there is something to what she says. I do need to up the vitamin D. My DR said that if you don;t have enough Vitamin D, your body won;t absorb the calcium it needs that well. I have osteopenia which is the pre-curser to osteoporosis and take Fosamx each week. As a matter of fact I am going for a bone density scan this morning in about an hour and a half to see if I have improved since taking the Fosamax.

Michele:
This board really needs that soup badly!:9

Emily:
Welcome Back! You are not a failure. As long as you are working towards a goal, you have not failed! Stay with us and we will pull you back on the wagon!

Lainie:
I think you need to see the DR and stop doing any type of workout. Your resistance is down and you are not giving it a chance to get back. REST GIRL!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

HI Robin and all who visit.

Did you say try give up caffeine? Coffee is a food group for me. I keep looking at those ridiculous espresso makers and always decide if I really want espresso there are enough good coffee shops around that I can get a good one with paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for the machine. I do brew at lest two pots of regular coffee here daily, but you already know that!

Robin feeling good enough to gt a cardio workout in is an improvement. maybe it was Michele's soup that did it!

I am making some split pea soup today in the crock pot. There will be many many veggies in it including spinach (added at the end)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning, everyone!

It looks like Deb and I are on the same wavelength - I did the same back and biceps premix last night. I didn't feel very worked out, though. What I really need is a good cardio sweatfest. Other than that little disappointment, the evening was fine. I sure was glad we had the no junkfood challenge yesterday, because it really helped to keep my eating clean.

Robin - You'll get better one of these days, huh? Colds hang around so darned long. Odd that you should ask about my job search. I haven't had much luck at all - until yesterday. A friend I used to work with emailed me from her new job and told me about a position that simply sounds too good to be true. It'll come open in December, and believe me, I'm going to apply!

Deb - I don't eat dinner until AFTER I've worked out! If I ate first, it'd be all over for me too. I take care of the critters, work out, and then eat - usually between 7:30 and 8. So I'm starved!

Judy - split pea soup sounds wonderful. I need to make some of that myself!

Mornin' 10 pounders! :)

I'm so glad to be back here. I missed you guys. Can we get a group hug??? (((((HUG)))))) :D

This morning I did 4DS Kickbox and core. I have DOMS from doing CTX Upper Body Split yesterday. Ouchie.

I managed to complete the No Junk Food challenge yesterday, and I'm thinking of giving it another whirl today, just for good measure.

Robin, I don't think you're snotty at all. ;) Ohhhh, you mean in your nose.... :p What cardio are you thinking of doing today?

Deb, thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

Judy, I too would LOVE to have an espresso maker, but yeah, they're so expensive. I'll just go to Starbucks when I want a latte. ;) Mmmm.... gingerbread latte.... :9 :9 :9

Shannon, great job on the no junk food challenge! I agree with you, there's nothing like a good cardio sweatfest. I'm a total cardio junkie. Whenever I do just weights, I never feel all that worked out. I am sooooo itching to start running again, but I know I'm not ready. Boo hoo! Oh, and good luck with that job!!!

Hey Ladies....

Well, Sophie is pretty good today,but I think she gave me her icky belly. Breakfast is staying in okay so far, but we'll see how the day goes.

The cold symptoms seem to have disappeared as quickly as they appeared, so I have no idea what's up with that.

Robin - I'm sorry you're still snotty. I used to love turkey leftovers too, when I ate turkey. I do love all the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and stuff though!

Deb - I didn't get up at 4:30 this morning. I could barely get up at my normal time of 5:15! I just bought a bunch of new iTreads and I'm excited to try them! Which are your faves? So far I only have Set 9 and Set 19. I just bought Set 1, Set 6 and Set 24.

Judy - ah, yes, I remember the perpetual coffee pot:) I agree about the espresso machines. Have you done the calculations to figure out if it would eventually pay for itself? I know Starbucks can get pretty pricey. Split pea soup sounds great.

Shannon - you'll be cardio sweatfesting soon enough!

Evily - I'm in on the no junk food day with you. It felt good not eating any yesterday! Sophie and I even made a chocolate cake and I didn't have any!

I'll be back later to say hi to everyone else!

Go morning Melters -

Deb - Thanks for the promo codes - I didn't see them before, I can't wait!!

Evily - Welcome back! :)

Okay, I have to get something off my chest...

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? It was a weight loss show -- people who have lost 100, 200, 300 pounds. Usually I find these shows inspiring, so I taped it and watched it last night. Well, no inspiration here!! I have battled the same, 10 to 15 pounds for probably 10 years. I have lost it numerous times, and felt AWESOME -- but somehow it keeps finding me. :(

Not trying to throw a pity party for myself - it just made me think, How on earth do these people "diet" for a year, or two years to lose that much weight? I know that if I REALLY focused in 2 months I'd be where I want to be. (but for some reason I just haven't lately.)

Also, Bob, her trainer said that it is REALLY hard for women. Basically, if you don't work out you have to be "perfect" with your eating -- so that is why women HAVE to workout.

Gotta run -- I'll be back for more personals later. :)
Mich

*Yawn* Sleepy morning everyone!:)

My TOTM starts any day now so I am so dang sleepy, the cold is finally almost done and over with-boy, whatta pain. My legs are so sore from the 4S workout yesterday.:)

My best "get well" wishes to Robin, Shelley and Lainie, and whoever else seems to be battling the "snarfles" this season.

I have some of the iTreads, have only used them once or twice, I guess I really don't like them, would rather do a DVD workout or do my elliptical or treadmill by myself-even though these workouts really push you.

Our tree is up and decorated. Our house is really contemporary so we got a "midnight spruce" (black) tree that is decorated with silver, white and black ornaments. Sounds kinda goth huh? Its actually perfectly pretty in our house, I love it!:7

Look at Oprah, she has lost the same pounds and then gained them back over the years, yes, its tough isn't it? At least you are not one of the people who are morbidly obese that has to lose 100's of pounds, can you imagine how hard that would be? I admire the courage and discipline and patience.

Judy, we have an espresso maker and its worth its weight in gold, I swear. A Starbucks is on average 5 dollars right? Do the math and go buy the machine. You can even get those sugar free syrups to add at home-I have the gingerbread flavor!

Off to do either Bootcamp/Tris and Bi's or LIS with chest and back. i swear I cannot do the HIS on this series. I wind up not even getting a cardio workout in because I spend the whole time messing up and stopping!

All my best to you guys, stay strong, eat well and rest if needed.:7

Good morning Melters, and BOO HOO!!

I typed up a big long post with personals and EVERYTHING when my computer suddenly froze and I had to shut it down and reboot x( . I don't have time to retype all that, so please forgive me :*

In a nutshell -- I'm doing good :D

I've got tissues, pills :p , a masseur }( , a big squeezy hug, and a pot of soup for any and all in need :* :* :*

I'll BBL. I have a kazillion errands to run and my DOMS riddled body is moving real s l o w -- LMAO!!

P.S. Judy, I would love your crock pot recipe for split pea soup. I have a crock pot and I hardly ever use it.

P.P.S. I think it's best to avoid Oprah's show -- lol!

Tneah- Which model do you have? I just buy a double shot of espresso. It is under 3 dollars. For coffee I am a 'regular' and that is only about 2 dollars. But there are (many) day when I would love an espresso after dinner and NOT leave the house!... Your tree sounds pretty!

Emily- I seem to have lost track of time. How long has it been since you have been injured? Heavy weights and intense yoga or Pilates do make me feel worked out, but then again I know I will be doing (my beloved) cardio the day after those workouts.

Shelly- Oh I would much rather have respiratory symptoms than stomach /intestinal ones!

Robin- I forgot to tell you that I was glad to read you had a nice visit with Tristan and a nice day taking him back and shopping etc.

I need to get moving.

The latest project here is an organizing one. A family we know is having some serious health issues. Being that I like food so much , the worry was that they would not get decent dinners made. So, I have organized a dinner service for them to receive homemade dinner in a cooler on their door step two days per week. Emails were sent out last night to our hockey community (they are involved in hockey) And in under 12 hours, I have 8 dinners covered already. I hope to get all of December and January covered and then start on February.

William Osler

Wow, I have perfect timing. The boss came in and had me busy - by the time I logged back on I see that Cathe had posted that the server was going down for awhile -- but now I see that it is working again! yeah!!

Okay, I'm going to stop watching the "diet" shows on Oprah. And yes, I have total respect and admiration for those people that have lost so much weight. They are an inspiration!

Not to mention, I stayed up so late watching Oprah that I didn't get up this morning. Ugh. So, I'll be working out tonight.

I tried to log-in to Itrains - but it won't accept my e-mail address. So I e-mailed customer service and hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Wow, a black tree -- that sounds awesome!!!

I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and I am ALMOST done!! Yeah!

Well, I'm sitting here at work eating grapes -- and shortly will be eating my turkey sandwich. I really have been good with my eating. Which is why you won't see me baking a chocolate cake!! Wow, I love chocolate!! :)

Take care everyone!!
Mich

Michele-
The split Pea soup recipe I use is form the Fly Lady. Remember her? I've read that she is worth millions from her Fly Lady web business!

Split Pea Soup
1 pound split peas
10 cups of water

Bring these to a boil in a large pot on the stove. boil for 2 minutes and transfer to a crock pot. ( I have omitted this step and it is fine)

Add: 3 carrots chopped, 2 ribs of celery chopped, 1 onion diced, 1 tsp salt, a ham bone ( I omit this)

simmer in crock pot on low all day.

I add 3 cups washed cut fresh spinach at the end. Sometimes I add vegetarian kilbasa to.

William Osler

Thanks, Judy!! I've copied this into a word document and saved it in my recipe file :) .

Oh yeah, I remember the Fly Lady, but I'm ashamed to say I abandoned her principles long ago ;). I really should start up with her again. My house is a sty :eek: :7

Hi all. Just stopping to say I finally made it to the doctor today (the ALL CAPS yelling at me to go yesterday was what finally did it). I have a couple prescriptions now so I hope they work well and soon.

Still feel crappy and tired. Still resting from exercise though I might do a gentle yoga DVD later when Ewan naps. (His nap is delayed until after we pick up Isaac from the bus stop because we've been so busy.)

Hope everyone is doing well--will be back later for personals (I hope).

For now I've got a huge backed-up laundry pile that I keep forgetting to start today.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Thank you Robin---

Right back atcha!!!!

William Osler

Oh Lainie thank god the caps worked!:7 So happy to hear you are medicated and well on your way to recovery!

Love ya, now rest, relax (well, as much as a mommy can):)

Hi. Well I am back home for a few days before I am gone again next week. I will have to go back and read the posts from this last week but wanted to check in while I have a chance.

I have been keeping up with workouts. I am doing the 4DS rotation only a couple days left. But my eating is out of control. I notice I am lifting heavier then I have ever lifted and am wondering if this is making me hungry. However I think I am defeating myself by giving in and eating so much. I just can't stop.

Now that I wrote this it means I have to do something. Not sure what.

My kids are going insane right now so I have to go but I will try and check in later.

Good evening melters. Sorry I've not been around. Work has been more chaotic than normal so I've been there late most nights this week. I've been doing a rotation with Muscle Max 3x a week and three cardios. Earlier this week I did Powermax. That was the first Cathe workout I owned. Whoop there it is! What a hoot! It's dated, but still a good workout.

This weekend I'm cooking my turkey (I ate at my mother's on T-Day). To try to be good, I'm making mashed sweet potatoes instead of regular and whole wheat stuffing instead of white bread stuffing. The bird is 17+ pounds and it's just the two of us. Fortunately DH will eat turkey every day until it's done and then he'll make turkey soup with the carcass. We never seem to throw any of it out.

Robin: '10 pounds by when?' Yup. At the rate I'm going I'll be 10 pounds heavier in about 6 more weeks if this nasty trend doesn't stop. Glad you're feeling better, too.

Deb: Yes, I watched Dancing with the Stars this season. It didn't surprise me Helio won. I give a lot of credit to a person who has never danced or even been in the traditional entertainment profession. Mel was good but isn't dancing part of her job as a Spice Girl? They seemed to stack the deck with a lot of women with dancing background this season. I guess they really wanted a female winner this season. At the beginning I really thought that Cheetah Girl would take it all. I was so surprised that she left so early.

Emily: Welcome back! I agree with you about cardio. Weights are okay but there's nothing like good sweaty cardio.

Shelley: Sending you and Sophie get well vibes!

Mich: It took me almost a year to lose 50 pounds and that was before thyroid problems (and I was younger too). Yes, the whole process isn't easy!

Tneah: A black tree. That sounds so cool. Is it a real tree or an artificial one that's black? I want to see a picture (hint hint).

Judy: How kind of you to help that other family with food.

Lainie: So glad you finally went to the doctor! Hopefully you'll be 100 percent soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.