10 pound Melters - Wednesday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Goodmorning skinny-minis. I think I'm feeling better this morning and hope to do a workout this afternoon. Maybe PUB with about 30 min of something cardio if I'm up to it. I got on the scale this morning and haven't gained anything, which, at this point, is half the battle. So today is No Junk Food Wednesday. Hope you all enjoy it. I'll try to get back later for some personals.

Good Morning Robin and all that follow:

Today I did a 35 minute I- Tread and the Tamilee Lee Web Abs of Steel.

My eating has gone down hill since Thanksgiving. Not with sweets or junk food but all the leftover turkey and stuffing! We had the last of it for dinner last night ( DH did not want Chinese as planned), so I was glad to have it finally gone. Who can eat turkey and stuffing without gravy? Not me! I feel bloated and know that I have not lost an ounce in almost 2 weeks. I just hope I haven't gained

Robin:
Sounds like you and DH had a nice outing!

Shannon:
Hope your calf finally gets better so you can do some cardio!

Michele:
High ^^^'s on the weight maintenance, especially after Thankgiving! The 4DS is a good workout. I just wish I liked step. I can;t do Boot Camp because of all the jumping around. I also don;t have the room that you need. I just don;t do those and use the weight parts.
Yes, I got up this moring (4:30) and every morning to work out. It's a habit for me now.

Shelley:
welcome to the world of morning workouts! Keep doing it and you will begin to like it.. I promise!:)

Lainie:
REST, REST, REST, REST....nuf said!

B:
Yes we are proud of you! :7

Michele:
Please send that soup around! The boards are suffering from every illness you can think of right nowx(

Judy:
I will be joining you with a renewed attitude too!

Tneah:
Have some hot soup! Michele is serving it.

TK
We are all here to support you... get back on the wagon with us!:D

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Well, I don't know how this happened, but now I'M sick too! I feel like I have a band around my chest, my ears hurt and my nose is all stuffed up. How bizarre that we're all getting sick. So I'll take some of that soup, please!

Needless to say, Deb, I didn't get up and work out this morning. I have 4DS KB Legs and Core on tap. I'll see how I feel later. Right now, I'm going to lie down on the couch and feel sorry for myself.

Hey Friends-

Get well wishes are in order! I am delayed in my day and will try to get back on post workout/breakfast.

I came across interesting info on staying healthy today. I'll share later.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning, ladies.....mind if I join you??

I have been working so hard (at work) lately, but the food thing has gone down the drain, and it's showing. Right now, all I'm asking is to lose 5 lbs by Christmas, I'll work on the rest of the "10" after;-)

Work has been super hectic with the holidays coming and we've had some super-sick patients come in! When I get home, all I want is comfort food!x( x( x( x(

Shelley- sorry about being ill!:(

Yesterday I tried Amy Bento's new step workout...holy moly! It's fun, but super athletic. It took me 90 min to work through it! Today is weights, I am thinking of doing Amy Bento's Slow-Mo lower body....

Morning, ladies!

Well, I haven't quite joined the hordes of sickies around here, but I had a foul headache on the way into work, which made me feel rather craptastic. Pure tension. It took a lot of work to keep it at bay. I got into the office and instead of going to work, I did about a half hour of stretching, which helped a lot. It's now down in my shoulders and neck, which is more manageable. And the calf is now wrapped in an Ace bandage, per the PT's instructions.

Dinner was icky leftovers, so I certainly didn't have to worry about over-indulgence! :p I'm really looking forward to some sort of a workout tonight, probably upper body and abs.

Robin - I'm really glad you're feeling better! And I believe I'll join you on No Junk Food Wednesday. I was very tempted to stop by Starbucks for a scone. Thanks for the challenge!

Deb - well, at least it wasn't desserts you've been eating! The holidays are hard. Now we all have to be careful and prepare for Christmas!

Shelley - dang it, I was afraid this would happen! I'm glad you stayed home today. Now rest.

Judy - I can't wait to see your "staying healthy" info!

Hi everyone:

Welcome Amy -- come on in and join us. Don't worry, I'm only down 2 pounds so I'm shooting for around 5 by Christmas as well. I think we've decided to continue this thread after the New Year anyway!! Just to keep the motivation and melting going!!

So sorry for all the sickness. PLEASE stop breathing on your computers!! :)

I'm feeling good today -- a little caffeine always helps. Now, didn't I say awhile back I was doing away with caffeine?? What was I thinking???

I did get up this morning -- not too early though, so only had time to do 25 minutes on the ellipical. I'm going to try and get a weight workout in tonight. Did you say you get up 4:30?? How do you do it?? That's about the time I need to be getting up -- I'm going to do my best -- help keep me on track, will ya??!!

Yes, I'm the cardio hater -- I'm thinking about buying one of those Itrains -- I have cardio coach and even though he has an AWESOME voice, it doesn't keep me on the elliptical longer than just plain old music. Any thoughts?

Hang in there girls!! HEALTHY eating to you all!
Mich

Howdy!

Well, I got my workout in last night AND I ate great yesterday and the day before. I hope I can keep this up!!!

Robin - glad to hear you're feeling better!!! :D I did PUB on Sunday and still felt DOMS all through yesterday! I love that workout.

Deb - you're right about the morning workouts... i mean, i wouldn't go as far as to say i "like" it - but i definitely do love getting it out of the way first thing in the morning. when i get back from florida next week i'm going to start working out in the morning again.

Shelley - hope you feel better soon!!!

Judy - can't wait to hear about the interesting info you found!

Amy - welcome!!! 5 pounds is defitely doable by Christmas but not with comfort food, young lady! :p

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day!

Good morning AGAIN!

Work has been crazy, so I don't get time to do personals too often -- but here goes...

Robin -- I love the term "skinny-minis" -- you can call us that anytime!

Deb - Do you think 4DS will motivate me to get up with you at 4:30?? I hope so!! I know I'm going to cave soon!

Shelley - So sorry you are sick! You are a big motivator here -- so get well soon!

Judy - Yes, we ALL need to hear your info on staying healthy -- seems we are having a problem with that on this thread!

Shannon - Sorry about your headache, it is amazing what stress will do to our bodies. So, do you think it is stress that is causing my tummy? ha ha.

TK - So the South Beach isn't working. Like I mentioned before, I eat a lot of their frozen dinners (esp. the pizza) - maybe I should cut back on those. Hang in there! If it was easy, we wouldn't have to have this thread!! :) You are still down weight, so something must be working.

Tneah - 3-4 weeks to get well?? Yikes. Well that means that Lainie, you should be just about over yours!! You ladies hang in there!

Michele - Glad to hear 4DS is working for you!!

B- Glad you did your workout even with your cramps.

And to anyone I've missed -- it is hump day, so let's get over it together, sick or not!!!

Later-
Mich

Good Morning Everyone!

A big welcome to the new gals here, you can do it, just toss those leftovers already, and don't bring junk into the house until Christmas, at least that is what I plan on doing.

I am feeling slightly better today-thank goodness! Hope Lainie, Shelley and Robin and whoever else has caught this bug is too. Shelley, that is exactly how it starts, so make sure you do rest, I didn't for the first couple days when I caught it and wound up sick for weeks. Plus, you do not want it creeping into your chest.:-( Think lots of chicken noodle soup, crackers, water and other good for you fluids.

I have been sleeping 9 hours a night (as opposed to my usual 7) and this has really helped. My DH still has it, so I am "babying" him too!:)

I did LIS/Shoulders-the 4DS last night. It felt really hard cause of the cold, but so glad I did it. Today I will do the Kickbox/legs. I have read, so many people got terrific results with inches lost following Cathe's November rotation using the new workouts.

I am PMS'ing so will not weigh myself-are you kidding?x( I am decorating this week for Christmas, yeah.:7 Good eats to you all.

OK I am back for a minute. I was listening to my local news station in the car this morning and the local medical and health reporter, had this to share about staying healthy. (Her name is Liz Bonis and her web page is Lightenupwithliz.com ) She bases all her reports on research and is a Registered Dietitian.

Any way she has found 4 vitamins/ nutrients that are reported in research to help keep our immune systems doig thier job. 1. Vitamin C ( although I do not believe it is the mega doses of the 70's) 2. Vitamin D 800mg minimum per day! 3. Echinacea ( but this was found only to be short term and NOT prophylactic and 4. ZINC . Now I have seen all of these except VITAMIN D advertised as cold remedies or preventatives. But the Vitamin D really intrigues me. And the amount in dairy products or calcium supplements is not enough.

On her next broadcast, she is going to report 5 foods that boost our immunities.

I'm headed out to get some Vitamin D. She recommends taking 1500 mg /day. I get about 600 in my daily calcium.

William Osler

Good morning Melters!

SOUP'S ON!! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/chef.gif You're all invited for a nice, steaming hot bowl of soup. If that doesn't cure whatever ails you, then I might have something else that will do the trick http://bestsmileys.com/medical/6.gif

I have 4DS legs and core on tap for today. I'm going to do a walking workout for the cardio part. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to record strength gains after a week off from weights! I still have a bad case of tennis elbow to contend with so I have to hold back x( . I'm looking forward to the day when that is healed up once and for all.

Robin - I'm glad you're feeling better today. I LOVE PUB -- especially the pyramid down premix. I never do that one as produced because it's too long for someone with adult ADD :p

Deb - We polished off our leftovers Sunday night and it's so nice to be rid of them. And you're absolutely right -- if you're going to have turkey and dressing the gravy is a must! My game plan is to enjoy my splurges to the fullest and move on from there. I'm doing the "no junk food" challenge today to help keep me in tow.

Shelley - Come on over -- the soup is simmering on the stove. I hope you're feeling better soon. Veg out on the couch in those comfy yoga pants and watch a movie :*

Judy - I can't wait to hear what you found out about staying healthy!

Amy - Welcome!! I doubt if I'll lose more than 5#'s by Christmas, but I plan to continue melting after the holidays. I'd love your company in the sweat box -- lol!!

Cuz - I'm so sorry about your headache and muscle tension. I get that way, too, and sometimes I don't know if tense shoulder and back muscles caused the headache or if it's the other way around. Feel better soon, k? :*

Mich - You should try some iClimbs for your elliptical. I have 3 or 4 of them but I haven't used them in ages. They're good -- I like them and they're a nice switch from Cardio Coach once in awhile, but I still like CC better ;) . I wish iTrain provided longer clips x(

B - ^5's for you for clean eating and working out! You can do it!!!

A big hello to everyone I missed! Have a great day and I'll BBL if I can. :)

*slinks into thread feeling rather embarassed*

I'm sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. :( The fact is, I'm feeling like a failure because I haven't managed to lose any weight. I thought I have been doing so well with my workouts, and reasonably well with my eating. I guess it's not good enough. So I've been kind of avoiding this thread because I've just been too embarassed to come here and always say "Well, I still haven't lost any weight..."

So, I'm looking to you guys for support and encouragement. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now as far as getting this weight off. I'm not feeling too warm and fuzzy about the prospect of giving up ALL the foods I enjoy and living on lettuce and celery for a month. Where's the fun in that? Life without chocolate just ain't worth living. On the other hand, life with tight pants ain't so hot either. *sigh*

Well, enough self-absorbedness for now.

To all of you who are battling illness, I am sending super-strong Get Well Vibes (can you feel them???).

To those of you keeping up with your tough workouts and healthy eating, I give you many ^5s.

I hope to keep coming back here day after day, even when the scale makes me want to hide from the world. :)

Evily!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}} for you, and that's why we're here, you silly! I keep breaking even, but I have lost some inches. We're all different and we all gain or lose weight in our own time. It's not a contest -- we're here to support each other, so get back here and let us love on ya :* :*

*sniff* Awwww, thanks Michele. :) You're the bomb diggity. I wish I could say I was "just" losing inches, but I don't think I'm losing anything of any dimension. Maybe I'm just too impatient. Okay, I'm definitely too impatient. :p

Thanks for lovin' on me. ;)

Hello everyone. Still sick. Still have fever. Ugh. Good news is Ewan seems to be feeling better. Bad news is the antibiotics are giving him diarrhea. Ugh. But he's napping now so that's good.

Nothing else to tell ya. About to try Karen Voight's Pure and Simple Stretch DVD, which just arrived today.

I hope to come back later to do some personals, but I'd better go get this workout done before the little one wakes up and the not-quite-as-little one comes home from school.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Just a quickie post here. Lanie, if you still have a fever, GET TO A DOCTOR.

Emily, I have lost and gained the same 2 or 3 pounds and now am at the same place I was when we started. Please don't feel bad and stop posting. Everything that Michele said times two!

>>>Life without chocolate just ain't worth living. On the other hand, life with tight pants ain't so hot either. *sigh* <<<

Ain't it the truth, Emily!

William Osler

Popping in to yell at Lainie "GO TO THE FREAKIN DOCTOR WOMAN!!"

I feel alot better today, still stuffy but managed to get through my 4DS Kickbox and legs. So happy to be in the swing of things again.:) I am craving salads with olives and those hearts of palm, so gorging myself on good for me veggies today. Soup later on tonight with my favorite fat free saltines-oh I know, not super clean but whatever, there are alot worse things right? The good news is I do not want sugar stuff.:)

No one should be embarassed about not losing or whatever, we are here for support and to yell at each other (hello Lainie, have you made that call yet?):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.