10 lb melters - Saturday Nov. 24

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Where is everyone today? Sleeping in?

I got up early and did Cardio Coach Press Play on the treadmill. Covered about 6 miles. I'm taking Sophie to see Enchanted today, and I will be avoiding the popcorn as I've discovered that it now upsets my stomach and gives me a headache. Soon I'll be reduced to water and breath mints. Ugh.

Is everyone back to normal after the feasting and the shopping?

I discovered last week that I do MUCH better when I'm doing challenges with a bunch of people. There were no daily challenges last week and though I could have made some for myself, I don't think I would have had the willpower to stick to them without the accountability.

Okay, I'm done babbling. I hope everyone had a lovely Saturday!

Shelley:

We have to stop meeting like this!! once again we were posting at the same time! This time I will cut and paste into yours!

Good Morning!

I hope we are all recovering from the Thursday feast and the Friday leftover binges.. . I really encouraged all the family to take leftovers home, especially ones like candied sweet potatoes and that traditional green bean & french fried onion cassarole! Yuk.. I don;t even like that one. I don;t mind the turkey as I can use that for lunch.

Today is a rest day for me. No working out, but had to take the car in for it's first "check up" and have a remote starter installed.

Shelley:
Isn't working out in the morning wonderful? It gives you that endorphin high for the rest of the day and you know your metabolism is roaring!

Shannon:
35 people! OMG that's a lot of food to make! What did you do to your calf?

Tneah:
Hope your Dad and wife liked the strip. I can't imagine walking around the day after Thanksgiving. It's 24 degrees here right
now. Kudos on the weight loss!

Michele:
I wouldn't worry about the 1.6 pound gain.. it's probably water. Are you doing the 4DS as is then adding cardio on to the other days?

TK:
Carbs do that to me too.. I feel like eating all the time when I have had too many. I am a carb/sugar addict so I have to keep away from them as much as possible. I can do high fiber stuff, like whole grain breads, but not simple carbs. I love leg presses! It's those nasty low ends that I hate! I would join a "Hate Low Ends" check-in for sure

Lainie:
You may want to go see your DR.. sounds like what you have is lingering too long. Maybe you are run down and that is why you can;t shake it? Your body may need a complete week off from working out and a lot of rest.

Have a great weekend!

Deb

Good morning melters. On Saturdays I usually work on complex step workouts. Not having the time challenge for getting to work on time allows me he extra time to rewind, rewind, and rewind. Today I worked on the first half of Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge and the second half of Patrick Goudeau's Step Appeal. I know there are a lot of folks on these boards who really like Amy, but I get so frustrated with her cuing. She either cues late or sometimes not at all. ASC, once I learn it, will likely become a fave but only after I memorize it first!

Shelley: I think I read somewhere that the popcorn you get at those places have like a gazillion calories anyway. All the more reason to avoid it. Enjoy the show.

Deb: Next time I have to do leg presses you can come over here and do them for me, ok? I'll do your low ends. Sound like a deal?

Good morning to all that follow. BBL.

Hi everyone. I still have a fever today, plus the usual cold symptoms, plus a sore throat.

Deb, you're right--I think maybe I should take a few days off from working out and rest as much as possible. It's hard to do, but a little easier since my cardio is limited anyway. x( The hard thing is also that if I take a day off from working out, I tend to fill that time with other active things like shopping or raking leaves or cleaning house. I think I should actually rest. Is it possible? (Not entirely possible with 2 small boys around.) I think if I still feel crummy on Monday I'll try to make an appointment with my doctor. Weeks and weeks of illness is too long.

Shelley, have fun seeing Enchanted. I heard it was good fun. I've got that popcorn issue, too--upsets my stomach, unless I have a very very small portion.

TK, have you tried Amy's new ASC2? I found it much easier to follow than the original ASC, though still complex. I still haven't mastered ASC and I also found it frustrating, though parts of it were fun.

OK, gotta turn my laptop over to my 5-year old so he can play a game. At what age do I get my kids their own computer so they'll leave mine alone? Is 5 too young? :p

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

*Yawn* I took dad to the airport at 5am, so went back to bed and am headed straight back there today. I have not had the chance to rest since I caught this, and now that its in my chest, I am exhausted and deserve a day off with sleep-Lainie, you have my permission to do the same, you have been sick way too long.

Hope everyone is having a super duper Saturday.:)

Hi melters. I seem to have caught everyone's creeping crud. I have sniffles, sneezes, sore throat and general malaise. I skipped yesterday's workout and went straight to bed after work. I think I'll just bag the rest of the weekend and hopefully feel well enough to start back in on Monday. My eating has been outrageously crappy too. I don't know, I seem to eat better when I'm not officially on a diet. I may bag this melting idea and just be content with the rear end jiggle. I'm proud of how well all of you seem to be doing though.

tneah and Laniefig, feel better soon!

Shelley, enjoy the movie. A friend took Tristan to a movie last evening, but I'm not sure what they saw. He likes kids movies.

TK, I agree that Amy can't touch Cathe with the cueing. The same can be said for Tracey Stahle. But I do enjoy their step workouts, once I'm familiar enough with them. I wish Cathe would do a couple strictly step workouts.

Deb, since we ate at a friends, we don't have any leftovers. In fact, I left all the desserts at her house.

Thank goodness this day will be over in an hour and a half. Tomorrow is the last work day of this loooooong holiday. Monday we take Tristan back to Scranton and have our annual meeting with his caregivers. I'm hoping to do a little shopping after we drop him off and have our meeting. If I keep on "dieting," I'll need a new larger wardrobe.

Hi, all you melters... or the few that have showed up today. I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. My favorite day of the week!

I have a nice crockpot full of veggie/rice soup that's all ready for dinner. It was actually ready by lunch, but that means I won't have to cook anything come dinner time - just ladel it out and stick it in the microwave for a minute or so.

My calf is doing better today .... Deb, I have no idea what I did to it this time around, irritated the old injury somehow. Anyhow, it's made it through a thorough house cleaning plus two half-hour dog walks. I'm still not sure what sort of a workout I'm going to do. Maybe just the calf exercises from the PT!

Deb - I don't like that green bean casserole either! And you know, amazingly enough, it didn't show up on our table!!

TK - what do you think about Patrick's Step Appeal? I have his Step Up. I love the choreography, which is definitely advanced, but the intensity is "beginner." It hardly gets my heart rate up at all! Learning the routine sure was fun though.

Lanie and Tneah - I hope you were able to get in some real rest! It sounds like you both need it. Get well soon!

Robin - I know what you mean about eating better when you're not on a diet. If I don't think about it, I really do eat better. Hey, be sure to tell us how Tristan's caregivers say he's doing!

Hello :)

Well the holiday has not allowed for down time around here. We have been on the move every day and not just around the corner.

I was at just about halfway to Robin's house for our family Thanksgiving dinner in Ithaca! DE and I decided next year to stay home and have his parents over. He want his space on the couch for some relaxation on his day off! I completely agree.

I have been ok with the food choices except for 3 cookies today. On Thursday and Friday I did not even have dessert. I just wasn't in the mood. On Friday I was down 1.5 pounds from starting, but I will not be weighing myself for a while. I am just happy to make healthy choices and stop eating at 75-80% full.

Lanie you need rest and relaxation !

Shelly have fun at Enchanted!

Robin- I agree about dieting not always giving smaller results. See my comments above.

Deb- Yuck about the green bean thing.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.