01 MAY 08 H*A*T*E

JT

Cathlete
Hello Haters.

How is everyone doing? Real busy last night trying to catch up with housework, my foot is still bruised but able to walk on it. Yesterday came home from lunch, and took off my ACE wrap/bandage, it was driving me crazy. I will be off of it at least till Sat..

Can't believe it's May already. Plan to do some shopping this weekend at Walmart for converter boxes and Dress Barn for clothes.

Have a Great Day!!!

Jennifer, I glad to hear the ACE wrap is off and your foot is better. Does that mean no MRI? Please take it easy. I know it's hard to deal with an injury, but you don't want to do more damage by not giving it enough time to heal.

Jen, I'm glad you saw the doctor and got some medicine. Have you ever tried a netti pot? (Spelling?) Some of the gals on the forums swear by it to "clean" out their sinuses and you seem to have sinus issues. (No pun intended.)

{{Dana}} I just thought you could use a hug to start off your day. Want to try for a GTG sometime soon? Would venting to me help with your stress?

Michele and August, miss you both. MWAH.

I'm headed for work soon, followed by grocery shopping, then home for a 4DS workout. Than dinner and relax with DH, I hope. I'm off tomorrow and can enjoy the evening.

Hello Haters.

Robin-Have fun with 4DS. I miss working out, not till next week sometime.

Jen-my brother, Jeff, has such bad sinuses that he's going to UofM healthcare systems/hospital for surgery in June, he's had two others. I had cosmetic surgery on my noise a long time ago and it took care of most of my sinus issues. Hope your meds work.

Dana-have a great day!!

Michele and August-MIA??

Good morning!!

DH and I had a nice time yesterday. He got home at around 2 PM and took a short nap before we headed out for a 3 mile walk on the bike trail. It was a perfect day for it--cool but sunny--and we enjoyed it, although we are poky and we could never keep pace with Dana or Augie. ;)

After our walk we changed clothes and went out to dinner. That was nice, too. I mean, my gosh -- DH had been in Germany for nearly 2 weeks and I've barely seen him since he got back! ;(

So, the 3 mile walk was my workout yesterday, and I haven't decided what I'm going to do today -- probably a CC on my elliptical.

JENNIFER -- I'm so glad your foot is feeling better, and what a relief that that nothing is broken! Still, you better take it easy for a week or 2. None of that crazy cardio, young lady! Please don't talk to me about housework -- UGH! I need to do some SERIOUS spring cleaning and decluttering.

ROBIN -- I miss you, too, I really do. I'm so excited that you're able to meet up with the Road Trippers! That is so cool! I'll want to hear ALL about it, and all about Jai's restaurant, too. I don't think I'm interested in the RT so much as I'd love to just check out Cathe's gym and meet her. I've decided that I'm definitely a small group person and would be totally overwhelmed by an event like the RT ;) . I think I'm getting crotchety in my old age :eek: :p

Yes, I NEED that vacation, but calling DH's secretary has never helped matters. We talked at length last night about how he needs to examine his lifestyle and make serious changes. We also talked, again, about getting away. We might be able to take off for a weekend some time in the next month. I just hope we don't end up at the MMGHH :eek: ;( . Well actually, if we go there in May or early June, it might not be so bad.

I see you're doing the 4DS. I want to get back to that. I really love it, but right now I need to do some endurance stuff. I hope to do a 4DS rotation before STS ships.

{{{{{DANA}}}}} -- I just wanted to give you a big hug. I think you're a real treasure and it upsets me that you can't have a minute to yourself. You need it from time to time -- we all do! Please sit down with your DH and explain to him that he needs to WATCH the kids -- to play and interact with them. Watching them does not mean occasionally looking out of the corner of his eye while he's working on his car or whatever. And does he understand that his neglect is placing his own DS's in jeopardy? Surely he can take a break for an hour a day so YOU can enjoy the same luxury that you give him. Rant over {{{{{ :* :* :* }}}}}

JEN -- I'm so sorry for all the trouble you're having with your sinuses. I agree with Robin that you should try a netti pot. I've never used one, but people swear by them. It won't cure an infection, but it might help by flushing allergens out of your system. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better today.

CUZ -- Your vacation plans sound great. I love taking little day trips to fun places. We have some lovely parks around here and we love to picnic and hike the trails when the weather is nice.

AUGIE -- I can't wait for you to get home so you can come out and play. :D

Okey dokey, I better hop to it. I'll BBL to post that salad recipe. I'm making salad for dinner tonight :)

Quick check-in then I'll try to BBL. Still not feeling good & actually am home from work today, just couldn't do another day like the last 3. I didn't sleep well last night, not sure if it's the med or just me but I was hot/cold back & forth all night. My stomach was also VERY upset & woke me up twice b/c of that.

I've also developed a deep cough today. Although I am a TERRIBLE sick person I know that a day of doing nothing will help me. I got up & showered & was going to head to work about 30min ago but talked myself out of it. I know I need to rest, just very hard for me.

I've also decided to not attempt a w/o until Saturday. I've NEVER taken 5 days off in a row before but honestly when you feel like this it really isn't a choice, there is no way I could do a w/o.

So, Chad is coming by in a bit to hang for a while- he has some down time between appointments.

Robin & Michele- I haven't tried the netti pot but last time I had sinus issues a doc that Chad trains told me to get Simply Saline & use it. It is the same concept I think? Anyway, yes it helps a lot to clear out the nasal passage. I just bought another one last night at Walgreens. Right now when I use it I stay clear for about ten minutes then back to being plugged up but it does get all the crap out of my nose!

Hiya haters! It is a beautiful day here and I was going to take a walk but, TTOM has arrived so I needed to head to the store for products. See, had Aug been posting like she is supposed to, she could've warned me that Flo was leaving Japan and that I should go and get the necessary supplies. Darn that Aug!!!!

I know that I should talk to the DH but he really thinks that he does a good job when he is watching the kids. He has many good qualities but his perception of what watching the kids entails and my perception are totally different. He wanted to take both of the boys to the races two weeks ago without me. I wouldn't let him. No way!!! He was being thoughtful by wanting to take them both without me, but I don't even want to think about it.

Michele - sounds like you and your DH had a very nice day yesterday. A walk and dinner sounds really good. Thank God he didn't ride his bike, right? I could've written exactly what you did about the R.T. Although I'm pretty chatty here and with people I know (like at work). I'm horrible in groups and I prefer not to be part of large groups. And it is funny b/c people that know me thing I'm outgoing but that is only around people that I know.

Robin - I'd love to GTG with you sometime. Not sure when I can fit in it but I"ll definitely let you know. When are you going on your vacation? That sounds like my kind of vacation. Lots of relaxing, phyiscal activity and no crowds.

Jennifer - that is great that your foot isn't broken. Take it easy. Have fun shopping! Let us know what all you bought.

Jen- man, you aren't doing good are you? It hit your really hard this time. I feel so bad for you. I know you're resting so I hope you feel back to normal really soon!

Hi Shannon - where are you today?

I may try to BBL, I doubt I'll be back on the forums until Monday. I'm off tomorrow, Saturday my mom, me and my boys are going to the Hershey Chocolate World and to the zoo b/f we go to my cousin's house. Now, this is the cousin that I haven't seen in 3 years. Not sure if I told you guys (I think I did) last time when we were down there, Gabe went into the wrong house. He walked right into it and shut the door. My mom & I thought it was hysterical but the rest of the people were mortified. We haven't been invited back. For some reason, we're invited to this party. We'll see. This time there will be 2 of my boys so we'll see! HA!!!

Hiya!

I didn't get as much done today as I'd hoped x( . I developed a migraine and took a nap. I'm feeling better now but gee, it bums me out that I can't seem to get on track and stay there! I feel like I'm so far behind now ;(

JEN -- Oh my, yes, if you've got a bad cough then you shouldn't workout. You should never workout when your breathing is impaired, or if you have a fever. Don't stress over it. You're in great shape and a week off from exercise isn't going to matter. You need adequate and high quality nutrition, though, so you better be eating something! I'm sending {{{{{big hugs}}}}} and healing vibes your way :*

DANA -- Awwwww, of course your DH is a good guy ;) . Please just sit down and have a heart to heart with him. Sometimes our guys, as well intentioned as they are, need a thorough explanation of what is expected. For instance, when I ask my DH to "help" me clean the kitchen, I have to spell out what that means; wipe down the counter, cabinets, and stove with simple green, rinse the dishes before loading them in the dishwasher, sweep the floor, etc. If I just said that I needed help with the dishes, he wouldn't know to do the other stuff. I'll bet it's the same with your DH -- he just doesn't understand what "watching" the boys means. You just have to give him detailed instructions. Try it, k!?

I hope you have fun with your mom and kids this weekend! I've never been to Hershey Park but we have relatives near there. ROTFLMAO about Gabe's big adventure the last time you visited your cousin :7

Alrighty, I'm off to the grocery store. I'll see y'all later :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.