*~*~*~DGMT*~*~*~Wintery Weekend! 1/26

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning DMT!

Today I did 4ds LIS/HIS, lower body weights, KB Core. Whew! 97 minute workout, but a good and fun one!
It is supposed to warm up to the 60's this aft.here!:D
What do you guys think of all of Cathe's new "toys"?? Exciting! Not sure if I need anything now, but I am truly happy for her and her new venture!

Deanie--What are your plans with your in-laws?

Marcy--Do you have a workout scheduled today?

Tracee--How are you?

Take care,
Gin:)

Hey Gin~ we are home taking a shopping break! I got a new pocketbook, among other things:) Your workout today sounds good, but long. I really like the 4DS and am looking forward to doing it again! enjoy your 60 degree weather- we are supposed to get snow tomorrow morning.

I am excited for Cathe and wish her much luck with her new venture. I don't need anything now either, but I will buy the boxing gloves with the new MMA series(can't wait:7 }( !) And I would like to see what she comes up with for pullups- not using the door or bands. I really think I could do more, but I am worried about the structure my DH rigged up not holding up....

Marcy/Tracee- hope you are having a nice weekend.

Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was CK! Gotta love that,"You got it, you got it, you go!":)
DH wants to run later today. I know, I know, lots of cardio!:eek: I have not run since last Sunday. It is supposed to get up to 70 today. Well see.

Deanie--Yeah to the shopping trip. That's always fun! Be careful with the pullup bar. That could be scary!:eek: Is today another rest day? Then back to the x tomorrow?

Hi Marcy and Tracee!
Have a great day!

Hello GMT!

In-laws have gone, and things are quieting down here. Today was another rest day for me. And yes, tomorrow is back to the X. Week 9!
I am definately seeing results, not sure I like them...this last week I feel very "big" and bloated- not sure if its me or the X. I also never had back issues, and now have some overhang from my bra strap in the back(sorry if TMI). Also, my abs are "puffy"- the waist of my jeans the other day was snug!!!I can't remember the last time that happened! I will have to take my measurements and see if its me, or what.(Have not changed my eating except for adding protein powder to my oatmeal 3X a week- and only 1 TSBP at that) Also, 12 weeks is a long committment. I like weeks 9 and 11, and I know I will finish it, but I am looking forward to doing new workouts, like->Cathe! I may do cardio subbing this week or next just for some variety. Wow am I rambling.....:eek: Thanx for listening:)

Gin~ Love CK! Enjoy the run with DH! It is 37 degrees here today, have fun in the 70s!

Marcy/Tracee~ I hope you are having a great weekend!

Deanie

Hello DGT!

Yesterday was a rest day. Had to get the car fixed and run some errands. Today was laundry day and I made some Greek Crockpot Chicken.

On Friday night, I did Super Callanetics which I got in a trade. Very old and dated with the hairstyles and leotards. Workout is about an hour for legs and abs. Once I got past the dated look, it was a really good and effective workout (although somewhat boring). Basically it's either 20, 50 or 100 reps of an exercise but at least it has a counter to count down the reps. Seems like it makes things go faster. Callan really concentrates on proper form and I was definitely feeling the "scoop" in my stomach. I was going to try and incorporate this into my workouts twice a week when I start a new rotation after the X is over with. Legs got a nice workout (non-weighted of course) with all that pulsing going on. There was some work done at a barre and some on the floor. She did the pretzel move like on Squeeze. There was some stretching too which was similar to some of the stuff on PY4H. At least I got it on DVD which isn't very well-chaptered. It's not like you can skip to a specific exercise but you can start at the main part of the workout (first she demonstrated all the moves.)

I'm hoping to do something later. I might do a couple of episodes of Shimmy, some yoga or I might pull out Interval X+.

Deanie - Sorry to hear about your results. Sorry for getting personal, but is it the week before or of TTOM? I tend to get more bloated then and definitely gain a couple of extra pounds the week before. I haven't measured yet but will let you know where I'm at. Your results don't sound like all the hard work you're putting in (you've had awesome workouts.)

Gin - Don't think I'll be buying Cathe's toys anytime soon (and I of course, have to wait for prices) but they did look good. Enjoy the 70 degree weather. It was real cold yesterday and I haven't even stepped foot outside today.

Tracee - Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Marcy

Marcy~ Thank you!!! It is smack dab in the middle of my cycle, so usually I'm okay at that time. I'm usually bloated from TTOM right before, during and after. (sorry if thats tmi:) ) I know I've been doing good workouts and working hard- maybe it is just my body?--- Your workout today sounds interesting. When I read the name of it quickly, I thought it was Supercalafragilistic(from mary poppins)- now you know why I teach 4 year olds!! enjoy your workout today!

On the flip side- I saw on the blog Cathe was using the perfect pushup- so I bought mine today:) LOL (and got my $10.00 gift card at Target) I also get a discount at target because DH works there!

Deanie

Marcy--
I had a Callanetics vhs tape YEARS ago and would do it pretty faithfully and it was tough to me then. I think I even had one of her books. Callan Pickney, right? I think it was before my 20 year old was born. I loaned the tape to someone and never saw it again. That was before I started doing the Firm. I think I was doing Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith tapes then. Boy, am I old!!:eek:

Deanie--
I saw that you had also posted on OD. Maybe someone will chime in with a response. I am quite perplexed on this. You do everything right!! And do it all so well.

As soon as DH gets off of the phone we are going to run. It is 70 degrees. Wish I could send some of this sunny warmth to you guys!:)

Tomorrow is Jari Love Day. Thought I would give her another chance.:7
Have a good evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.