::•:: CHEETAHLICIOUS TUESDAY ::•::

Well, I'm back today... we had a great time up at Mom & Dad's. It's always wonderful to get back home, though. The kids and I were missing DH already! :eek:;)

I'm still debating over when to try the running legs out again. I'm toying with testing it out tomorrow on the TM. Wish me luck! :)

Today will be more legs floor work, abs, and a little yoga if I can squeeze it all in! :p:D

Wendy: So glad to hear that you are enjoying CLX. Anything that can fry you after one workout must be pretty awesome! :eek::D;) WOO HOO about the LCD TV! That is one heck of a Valentine's present! ;):cool:

Gloria: Hey there! :D:D:D So good to see you pop in! Glad that the running is going well for you! Hope all is well!

Laura: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... the puppy pictures are so precious! And your kids are absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!!! :D

Hope everyone is doing well! Hellos & hugs to all who follow! :)

Hi Brighton. Glad you had a nice visit. Yes, it's always nice to come home. :)

Burn Circuit # 3 was on tap for today and I've been done with it for an hour already! It was an amazing leg/shoulder work out. All compound moves and OUCHEES! I loved it! :D

Well, I just finished eating and now I'm off to go shopping to try and find some cute tops for vacation!

Ciao 4 now!:)

Wendy: Aw man, I can tell already you're going to give me the CLX bug! :D:p;) Have fun shopping today! Yay!

Laura:
So here's some ideas for yoga vids without the ethereal vibe. ;) You might like Sara Ivanhoe, Barbara Benagh, or Rodney Yee (depending on the practice). Here's some links to check them out, some have video segments you can look at to see if you like their style or not.

Sara: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/crunch-the-perfect-yoga-workout-8993

Rodney: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/15-minute-results-yoga-with-rodney-yee-5611 and I personally love this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/am-yoga-for-your-week-with-rodney-yee-5567 but you might want to preview to see if it's your cup of tea.

Barbara: I don't have any clips of her vids, but I love this one: http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Stress-R..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234890009&sr=8-1

Back from shopping! I had great luck and got awesome deals! I bought 7 tops for less then $60.00! WOO HOO! :D

Brighton--Thanks for the yoga recommendations. I'll check them out. I think TM is a wise starting point for a run, whenever you decide to try it. Much more controlled situation. I'd do it myself if I had the option.

Wendy--Glad you're enjoying CLX. Compound moves? I love those! Reminds me of the old FIRMS. Cathe does some compound work, especially in her circuit videos, but I wish for more of it. OK. So after P90X, and after STS, then CLX? I'm lining up my workouts far in advance now! :D yeah for your bargain shopping!

Gloria--good to see you pop in

A new girl recently came to Uganda for 6 months. She's a physical therapist who will be working at the children's hospital in town. AND she's a runner. So we had fun chatting about runs. She had (unwisely) tried to run at 4pm and quickly figured out that that DOES NOT work. So I told her that I usually run at 6 or 6:30, or perhaps 7am if I'm only doing 3 miles. She said, "Oh, do you usually run more than 3 miles." :D:D:D:D:D

So, even though I'm NOT going to be running the 1/2 this weekend, I got to tell her about my training, and how I had made it to 10 miles, and she was really impressed. She was also in awe of my Garmin. :p So now she wants me to run with her when I get well. She also offered a deep tissue massage to help the ITB heal. :D And she said "yes, yes" to the foam roller. It was a fun conversation. We're so limited in our community here, and there are only a handful of female exercisers around for me to talk to in person, so that was a real pep talk for me.

Back to report I did the floor & abs premix from B&G-- 49 min. Wooooo-ee! My abs are already toasting. :eek:

Wendy: Nice score shopping today!!! :D

Laura: That is so great about the potential RP there with you in Uganda. How fantastic! :D I'm sure it must be wonderful having someone with similar interests to talk to face to face. And yay for the deep tissue massage!!!!!!!!! :D She definitely sounds like a keeper!!! ;):D

Well, I'm thinking about trying out a mile on the TM tomorrow just to test things. There is just over a month until the half, and I'm r-e-a-l-l-y hoping I can still make it, even if I have to walk a bit. I don't want to let my friend down-- she's flying out from Chicago to do this with me & DH. I could always drop to the 5 miler, but I know she'd really prefer I did the whole thing with them.

Well, gotta run-- hope everyone is having a fab day! :)

Hi everyone!

Wendy: Glad you are loving the CLX!

Brighton: Good luck testing out the leg! I have not heard of these yoga people before, thanks!

Laura: How cool to have a running friend and PT to boot for friendship and advice!

I have to go and read for school tomorrow. Have a nice night all!

Brighton--Sara's "perfect yoga workout" looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! Have you tried her "yoga on the edge"?

Oh, and I'm so glad you liked the puppy pictures, Brighton. The puppies ARE adorable. I realized I only had 2 of my 3 kids on my page, so I added one more picture of DS6.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.