•• CHEETAHS •• Movin' on up Monday

Hey Brighton! Where were you y'day? You left me all alone!!! :( :p

Today's work out is Squeeze LBC and BBC standing abs though depending upon my mood I may choose to work upper body with BS&B. We'll see. :)

No doms from y'day's work out. Well...not yet anyway! I'm sure if I go ahead and do Squeeze today it'll hurt a wee bit more after what I did y'day though! LOL

This is my 4th and final week of this rotation. I am loving it but it's time for a change. I am dying to start CLX anyway! Friday is my last work out for the current rotation, Saturday is a forced rest day because I'll be in NYC for the day and then Sunday I start CLX.

Off to get more coffee!

4.gif
Happy Monday, Cheetahs!!!
4.gif

Well, I'm dealing with another bout of insomnia, so I thought I'd get things started for us this morning... :rolleyes:

I had a pretty nice weekend, met up with my parents in SLC for breakfast with the family, then after running errands & squeezing in workouts during the day DH & I got some sushi and relaxed! Yesterday was church and dinner at the inlaws.

I picked up Jillian's new workouts at Sam's on Sat for $8 a piece. Figured at that price I couldn't resist. ;) I personally like her kickbox/boot camp style. Especially since I'm staying away from step at the moment, I thought it would be a nice change. I tried one of them Sat afternoon & liked it. Had to add intensity to the kickbox segments to get my heartrate up where I like, but that was no biggie. LOVED the core circuits. :) Anyway, fun new "toys."

Wendy: Thanks for holding the fort down for us yesterday!!! ;) I hope everyone's doing well. Can't believe how quiet it's been lately in the den. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend-- time just completely got away from me! :(:rolleyes: Sounds like you had a really nice weekend!!! :D I bet you're so excited to start up CLX-- but IA, it sounds like your current rotation has been a blast for you. I've had fun just hearing about it! :D

Laura: I've been wanting to try that Nuun. My BIL is an avid endurance athlete (triathlons & cycling mostly) and he swears by that stuff. :) Hope your DH likes it as well. So happy to hear that you are recuperating well. I think I'm doing a bit better too. I'm sure we'll both be back in action before we know it! :cool:

Jackie: Yeah, DS is an intense little guy sometimes... :) But he's really a sweet kid, so it all balances out. Just some days... :rolleyes: IA that Chalene can get ya off the couch when you're dragging. :D Man oh man, I needed it the other day!!! :eek:

I may be going up to my parents' place for a visit the next couple of days, so I might be MIA tomorrow. Unless I can sneak a couple secs on DH's laptop. ;) We'll see how I'm feeling after DS's preschool-- if I decide to make the 2+hr drive or not. DH has to go look at a potential job site in the area where my folks live, so we thought we'd tag along with him. :) Maybe I can get the kids to take an early nap so I can catch up on a little sleep before the drive. :p Hoping to get on the EXT today... but may end up sticking with something at home if I can't get to the gym in time.

Hope all is well with everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey.

It's been hard to be motivated to check-in because I haven't run all week. I had the issues after my 10 mile run a couple weeks ago, but then I recovered and ran 8 miles last weekend. Well, this week has been slow recovery, and although I have worked out, I haven't run. Well, today I tried to run again and it was a no-go. :mad::(

Anyway, DH has now promised me a massage, which was what actually got me over the hump last time. So we'll see. It's 12 days till my 1/2, and if I can make it through, even if I have to do 5 minutes of running 5 minutes of walking, then I want to do it, just to get it done. But at this point even that seems iffy. I'm so sad because I thought the fact that I had recovered from the 10 and was able to do another long run meant that I was home free.

The good news is that I AM recovering, just so, so slowly. So I have a good long-term prognosis. In the future, I plan to just limit my runs to 5 miles or so, and if I ever try a long race again I'll build up very, very, very gradually.

Anyway, I haven't wanted to post with bum news, and most of this week has just been a waiting game to see how things go.

Hope the rest of you are doing better. I miss all the Cheetah voices!

Brighton--re: the stairs. My friend puts a basket at the top and bottom of her stairwell. Then, anything that needs to go up or down can be collected and carried in one trip, instead of making 42 trips up and down. I know that when we lived in a two story house I felt like I did stair master all day long! Anyway, maybe you already do that, but I was trying to think of a hint to help you with stairs.

And if you find yourself running up for other things, maybe you could put a white eraser board near the bottom of the stairwell to write a list of "things to do while I'm upstairs." Then you can do them all at one time instead of going up, coming back down, and thinking "rats! I forgot to do X while I was upstairs."

Good morning Cheetahs!

Brighton - Just read the quotes after your name. Love 'em! I'll keep that in mind during my next race. :D Your smileys bring a big old grin to my face. :D Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. Did you get Shred? Those are nice workouts! Enjoy the visit with your parents if you decide to go. Hopefully you will get a chance to check in.

Wendy - Sorry you were all by yourself yesterday. ;) Here we are today. You have done a great job with your rotation! (APPLAUSE) A trip to NYC should be fun. Are you shopping?

Laura - What's up with the running? Hope it doesn't last too long. Yeah, get DH to put those magic fingers to work. It's good that you feel like you're recovering. Maybe by race time, you'll be close to 100% and you can get through it.

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I did Push Circuit #1 and iClimb #3 20 minutes. I loaded the barbell to 55 pounds and the vest with 14 pounds. I started the first set of bicep curls with 25# and dropped to 20# after 3. That's ok because I felt the failure. All of the added weight did the trick today. I'm feeling my legs, glutes and arms.

Have a nice day!

Brighton--I'm glad to hear a good report on the Nuun. I had never tried it. I bought it SOLELY because of its compact size, since we have to transport everything we need all the way over here. You can get a ton of it into a tiny box. So that was why I chose it. So I'm really glad to hear someone loves it for the quality. DH has been a Gatorade guy for years and years and years. So I'm hoping he'll love it, too!:p

Squeeze LBC, PLB & GS inner thigh floor work and BBC standing abs-DONE! :D

Jackie: We are going into NYC to see a show and have dinner. It was my Christmas gift to DH. Whatever we do will be his choice too. :) Thanks re this rotation. It's the 4th rotation in a row that I will have completed! I started a KB rotation that I quit on after about 2 weeks prior to starting this lower body rotation but before that I did 3 rotations in a row!!! Can you believe it!? LOL :p Great work out today! You are really kickin' it these days!

Laura: Sorry you don't think you'll be able to run the half. Maybe next year! Enjoy that massage!!!:)

Brighton: Have a safe trip up to mom and dad's. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that your DH has good luck with the job stuff! Hope you can steal a few mins to pop in on us tmrw! :)

Have a great afternoon Girls!

Hi there Cheetahville!

So sorry I've been ridiculously MIA for the past couple of weeks. My workdays have been very long and not easy and finding time to get everything in (life, workouts, sleep, etc.,) has proven to be incredibly challenging. I've been able to read sporadically but there's just been no chance to post.

Today I got 10 miles in. What a beautiful day for a long (well, long for me anyway!) run...about 28* and sunny :D! It proved to be a tough run cuz I underestimated the route I had planned :confused:. I *could* have stuck it out and slogged out another mile but I didn't want to risk injury so I opted out. It ended up being *much* hillier than I had expected from miles 2-6 so my tush was kinda toasted by mile 7. Thank goodness the rest of the run was only moderately hilly
blink.gif
. I was quite a bit slower this week (1:32:30...last week I went 9.3 miles in 1:21) but I'm going to chalk that up to my very hard work weekend and all the crappy food that I stuffed in my face for the past three days :mad:. Feeling even better about my upcoming half cuz I asked myself just as I was finishing up "could you go another three miles?" and the answer was a definite "yes!!!"

Sorry for the very one-sided post :( but I'm a little short on time right now but I'll be back tonight with personals, promise:D. Talk to you later!

5.gif
2.gif
Well, looks like I'm staying put today...
2.gif
5.gif

It's snowing at the higher elevations out here, and I guess they closed the canyon we'd have to drive through to get to my parents' place earlier today-- drifting snow, icy roads and jack knifed trucks-- yeah, I'm glad I'm sticking around here. :confused: It's probably better this way anyway... My knee's been pretty achy again today, so no cardio, just rolling & stretching. Plus I still haven't had that nap yet. :p So no worries, Wendy, I'll be here to hang with you tomorrow! ;) DH will still have to make the drive tomorrow though in order to get to that pre-bid meeting, however. I pray that the weather will be better.

Laura: Nuun's compactness is a definite plus for sure! :) My BIL likes that it isn't as sugary sweet as Gatorade, which has a bunch of high fructose corn syrup in it. You'll have to let me know how your DH likes it-- I've always been a Gatorade gal myself, but would like to get away from the HFCS if I can. :) Thanks for the stair tips!!!!!! After each of them I thought "Wow, that's a great idea!" :D I'm so very sorry you're still having injury woes. Boy, am I right there with you. :( Baby steps, right? I'm starting to think that I need to stick to the shorter races too... at least for awhile. Hopefully the 5 & 10K distances for the triathlons will be okay for me this summer.

Jackie: Aww, I'm glad the smilies make you smile. :) They're fun. Shred is actually the one vid of Jillian's that I don't have, if you can believe that. I almost got it last month when I saw it, and then didn't. (Willpower... sheesh.:rolleyes:) But hearing how much you like it has had me looking for it again the past few weeks. ;) Haven't seen it in local stores now that the "New Year's Resolution" push is over, so I'm *this* close to ordering from Collage or Amazon. The ones I got over the weekend are brand new... I think just released this month? Anyway, they're longer than her other ones-- 50 min I think. Fun stuff! :D

Well, I need to get back in the car to pick DS up from preschool. Then home to roll, stretch, & ice!
25.gif

Oh-- simulposting with the Wendies! ;):p:D

Wish I had time to respond-- I'll be back later, but Wendi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've missed you! Great to *see* you! :)

Okay, gotta go. BBL................

Wendy: Yay for being done with the rotation!!!
2.gif
I remember you told us about the NYC tickets. That should be a fun outing with DH. :)

Wendi: I'm sorry life's been so crazy for you lately-- we've missed chatting with you in the den. :( I certainly know how those weeks/months can go, though. So glad you had a sec to pop in today!!!!!!!!!! :D WTG with your 10 miler!
7.gif
Awesome. I think I can speak for both Laura & myself when I say that we're envious of ya!!! :D;):p The two of us are trying to be patient with less than cooperative knees. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? :confused::rolleyes::)

'K... that catches me up! Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! :D

Brighton: Yay for being able to hang out tmrw in the den! :D I am a gatorade fan myself. I tried the fancy "healthier" stuff but found that old fashioned gatorade really does the trick for me. I am not a fan of the sweetness of it so I must water it down or bring a separate supply of water with me....

It's Monday morning for me but wanted to just get on a post that DH's massage did really help. The pain isn't totally gone, but the edge has really been taken off. That's good news!

And if Nuun is less sugary than Gatorade, he's sure to like it. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.