•• CHEETAHS •• Hi 5 Thursday!

Brighton

Cathlete
Well, the day after the TM run, and still only a general sense of discomfort. No pain-- so I'm extremely happy.
4.gif

Today I'm headed up to SLC to visit my friend who's still fighting brain cancer. We're meeting for lunch with some of our old college friends. I'm really happy to be going to see her. I'm going to try and get a workout in before we leave this morning. I'm thinking maybe some pilates. I really want to try to get it in before we leave, because I'm always so emotionally drained after these visits. It's just so hard watching someone you care about fight this awful disease and feeling so powerless... :(
But enough of that. Time to get positive.

Here's hoping that everyone has a fantastic day!!!!

Only one more day until Friday!!! :D;):cool:

Awww Brighton I know how hard it is to watch a loved one battle cancer. I've done it more times then I care to admit. :( So how is she doing? Any updates on her condition or how the treatment is going?
YAY for the successful TM and GOODBYE to the nasty injury!!!:D

Today I ran 4 miles with Grace. Tomorrow starts week 2 of CLX with Burn Circuit 1. I can't wait! ;)

Hi Wendy! I'm so terribly sorry you've been touched by this awful disease more than once. :(:(:( Once is way too many times, IMO. It is really rough. Unfortunately, things aren't going very well... She's hanging in there and fighting hard, but the tumor is inoperable and keeps rebounding after each round of chemo. So really, she's fighting for as much time with her DH and 3 yr old son as is possible. It's heartbreaking. She's in good spirits, but the tumor is messing with her brain function at times-- sometimes she says things that just don't make a whole lot of sense, other times she can't remember names of long-time friends...

For the last while now she's been living with her Mom & Dad (w/ her DH & DS too) and then returning home on the weekends when DH is home to help care for her. But lately she's been getting so tired & winded that she hasn't been able to walk out to the car to go home. So they've been living there full term. We just learned this today. Her mom called us up to fill us in (I don't think Jen likes to worry us-- she just keeps telling us she's fine.)-- so we didn't go out for lunch, we brought lunch to her instead. I can't believe she was actually going to let us drag her out of the house, when she hasn't even been able to do that to go home! :(

Anyway, long story, but it was really good to see her.

I will hold my kids a little tighter tonight, though. :(

Other than that, things are going pretty well! Still no knee pain, even after wearing heels most of the day, and I couldn't be happier with that. Hoping to get back on the TM tomorrow and see how it goes.

All the best to my Cheetah pals!!! :D Hope everyone has a wonderfully relaxing evening! I know I am going to sack out early tonight! :)

Brighton,

That seems to be common-having a brain cancer tumor be inoperable. If more were operable I'll bet the prognosis would be better. :(
Heck I could write a list of folks in my life who have had cancer and ultimately died from it or complications from it. The most recent is my BF's mom. I wasn't close to the woman herself but I have known her since 2nd grade (that's how long BF and I have known one another) and it broke my heart to watch my BF lose her mom. :(:(:(
Well I am glad you got to see your friend and I am sure you brightened her day. In times like this that is what is important-spending time and being able to bring a little happiness into the person's life...

Okay, enough of the depressing stuff!

Good luck with tomorrow's TM session!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.