•• CHEETAHS •• Don we now our workout apparel (Sat.)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!
kulsmiley1.gif

I hope our NY cheetahs are safe and have power.

I’m getting a good chuckle out of the Christmas song discussion with a number of titles I’ve never heard of. “Percy the Puny Poinsetta?” “Grandpa Got Run Over by the Beer Truck?” “Please, Daddy, Don’t Get Drunk this Christmas?” *lol* I need to check some o’ these out! And “Last Christmas?” Christine, you are so right about that, but as cheesy as it may be, I must admit, I’ve always liked it, anyway.
th_biggrin-1.gif
My favorite is “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas” by Burl Ives. Least favorite: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by anybody—it’s just a total downer. The Carpenters don’t rank real high on my list, either. *lol*

Gloria—glad the project received the green light. Such a generous idea. So, are your kids all fired up as we move closer to break? Ours are starting to bounce off the walls a bit.

Wendi—Jam-packed days for you. Will you get some time off over the holidays?...I promise no slapping will be necessary! *lol* How freaky on the power outage. Haunted basement?
nervoussmiley.gif
Kidding, I hope!

Wendy—No, you are right—every time you turn around, there seems to be another political scandal. Does make me feel bad for the “good guys,” though. Hope you had a fun night!

Linda—I’m glad you liked the card. I stumbled upon those online and just *had* to get them for my cheetah buds. J Sounds like a nice night out with DD, although driving in the snow must have been a bit nerve-wracking.

Carole—thanks for the little dancing smiley guy. Yup, that’s pretty much how I felt! We not only share the same last name, but favorite Christmas song, too. Have a great time in LA!

Christine—sending feel-good vibes your way. Hope that somethin’ light was just the ticket.

Jackie—the ‘s’ word will most definitely be out of mind. My co-teacher and I finished our plans through the first week of January before we left yesterday. We’re in good shape. Like those songs, too. I’m so jealous of how good y’all look after bustin’ butt in these races. As for Elvis, a tad bit creepy. Looks more like Liberace, if you ask me. *lol* Anyway, you look great as always!

Shelly—laps in your basement? Too funny! Finished your shopping?....Yeah, I'm out for Europe. But I can't say it was too much of a surprise with the state of the economy that fewer students would be traveling. Hopefully next year, I’ll have the opportunity. That’s great for your brother! Although I can understand envying his ability to retire. BTW, I do not think you are crowing at all! No worries—we get where you’re coming from. You’re sharing as a proud sis, which anyone would be. It’s a big deal!!! My ITB has been good, but I have basically had a rest week this week. I’ll run this weekend and see what happens.

Posh—greetings to Donald and Goofy and a happy b’day to Frank! That’s a fun version of “Jingle Bells.” Oh wow, best of luck to DD18 in her final presentation!! It sounds like she’s made a great impression. What a proud mama you must be! J Thanks for sharing the good news… *lol* at Mr. Posh’s assessment of things. But of course, you can handle it all with flair! Enjoy those new workout toys you got there. Cracked up at the stinky workout ball. Glad I could deliver on the cheese for ya. J You fighting off a bug, too? Something comical to me about the name of your vitamin. Hope you can keep that thing at bay.

Karen—oh, dear. I just don’t know what to say. I’m so sad for you that you have to go through this.
consoling1.gif
More (((HUGS))), though that seems woefully inadequate right now. If the noise of the TM disturbs your mom, then perhaps a break from running is a better idea right now. It’s OK to do that.

Brighton—‘bout busted a gut over “Suzy Snowflake.” I can’t imagine having to hear it over and over it in a loop! Don’t think that one gets too much airplay out in these parts, thankfully…How very sad about your friend… I do understand the feeling of powerlessness. What about raising money for a charity in her honor when you do SLC?

Laura—glad the thread is starting to make more sense for you and you felt more comfortable jumping in. You really can’t screw it up, though. Only one person did get mad once for being called the wrong name a couple of times (it was a mix-up), but that person is no longer with us. Where did you like to ski before? I’m in NJ, so the closest mountains are the Poconos in PA. I’ve only been there twice. Typically, I go to VT a couple of times a season and usually 1 big trip out West per year, but the latter is not happening this year. One thing I’d like to mention: don’t ever feel like you don’t “measure up” to what some folks on the thread do in terms of mileage, or whatever. We are all speeds, shapes, and sizes here—and all of us are cheetahs just ‘cause we love to run. Everyone is extremely accepting and supportive, and no one competes with one another in that way. Truly! *ha ha* about BC.

I was a bad, bad cheetah last night. Fell into impromptu dinner plans at Outback, where I indulged in a coupla Gingerbread Cookie Martinis. WOO BOY! Dessert in a glass! Stuff was wayyy too good. So I guess I’d better bust some hump today, huh?
xtext_lol.gif

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!

Once again, Slacker Cheetah reporting in with NO workout and am way behind on personals...sorry:eek:!!! Gonna get to the personals here in a second though. The workout??? Well, that will have to wait until tomorrow morning (I hope). I do feel like I *am* fighting off a bit of crud so maybe last night's sleep-a-thon (asleep by 6:30:eek:) and today's skipped workout are for the best. That's what I'll keep telling myself, anyhow lol.

Oh, forgot to add my 2 cents regarding Christmas songs....

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "The Christmas Song" and "A Guido's Christmas"
HATE!!!! "Dominick the Donkey":eek::confused::mad:

Cathy - Yeah, a couple of the songs you just mentioned I haven't heard of either *shrugs*. Now you've got my interest piqued. Oh, boy, did that drink sound YUM-MY! Sooooo, what hump-bustin' workout have you got planned for today? Glad you had a good time with friends last night. Um, actually, I'm VERY serious about my place being haunted! Even my VERY skeptical DSO believes it...he was here when the biggest "incident" happened. It doesn't bother me too much because my "roommate", as I call her, prevented a fire from starting in my house, so it' my assumption that she's looking out for me...almost "comforting" in a way. Someday when the den is quiet I'll tell you the whole thing. As it turns out I won't have any time off around Christmas. The new girl is going home for a couple fo days so I have to cover both farms the 25th and 26th. I *might* be able to swing the 24th as my normal day off, depending on when she's travelling. Oh well *shrugs*.

Gonna go grab another cup o' capp, swap some laundry, and I'll be back with yesterday's personals...I promise this time;).

Wendi—Simul-posting there. I’d say I’m your Slacker Cheetah Sister, but that really doesn’t fit either of us—or anyone here. It’s not like we ever lie around eating bon-bons. We’re busy runnin’ our butts off in other ways! Sometimes ya just gotta bank those extra zzz’s. Hope it helped, and you can keep those germs away, too. Were you affected by the storm where you are?... If you go to last.fm, you can hear those songs for free...I didn’t plan my workout yet, actually. *lol* Since I’ll only be working out two days this week (today and tomorrow), I gotta figure out what makes sense. I think maybe CST + a run today, and Ba, Bi, & L plus a run (or EXT if the ITB is buggin’) tomorrow. I got the chills reading about your housemate. Don’t know if I could handle that! Fingers are crossed you’ll get your normal day off on X-mas Eve.

Leaving, on a Jet Plane!!

Good morning cheetahs

I have no time to catch up right now. I will be leaving for L.A. in a short time for a few days. Having a GTG with some good friends from High School. I am looking forward to getting away!! I will try to post and catch up there.

Have a GREAT weekend...:D

Gloria - Glad to hear the project was approved! Great job on the 5 miler yesterday! Ah, nothing makes it feel more like Christmas than the Nutcracker:D. Hey, I love "Grandma Got Run Over...", especially since I can personally relate to it and *know* that it's a true story:p!

Wendy - Had to lol about your overactive imagination cuz I probably would have had the same thought cross my mind:p. Great job with PLB!

Linda - Oh, so glad you had a great evening with DD! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to hear that she and the baby are doing well! Oh, it's DEFINITELY haunted...see post to Cathy^^^^. Someday I'll give you gals the *full* story...pretty freaky:eek:!

Carole - Great workout yesterday! Ooooh, that portabello recipe looks deeeelicious! Sorry to hear your Garmin is on the fritz:confused:. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends in LA!

Christine - Your comment about "Last Christmas" was too funny and ITA about that one! Sorry to hear that you've had a cold but glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better. I think I'm following right behind ya with that one:confused:.

Jackie - Thank you for the lovely card! I LOVE my Cheetah card shelf...gives me warm fuzzies everytime I look at it. Okay, smack me cuz I know I'm getting all shmaltzy here:p. IA, love "God Rest Ye...". Great idea for your circuit yesterday! Great pic!

Shelly - Awww, congratulations to your nephew!!!! That is indeed something to be VERY proud of! Great job with 4DS...love that series! Thanks regarding bowling...you're absolutely right:). Uggh, right there with ya on "Santa Baby":confused:. Wow, nice run around your basement...sounds like you've got quite the sweet little workout room down there!

Posh - WHEW, I was outta breath just reading your post;). LOL about your DH's comment about piling your plate high! Congrats to DD...you must be soooo proud of her. Hope the Christmas dinner is fab! Congrats on all the new fitness scores...MM is a great one! I'm so jealous...Disneyland:cool::D!?!?!

Karen - Hi sweetie! Your mother is so lucky to have you. You are an amazing woman and are doing an incredible job of juggling everything that is coming your way. Hang in there! {{{{HUGS}}}}! I hope you get to enjoy some nice time with your mom and your family during the holidays.

Brighton - Sending {{{HUGS}}} your way! Your friend is in my prayers. Sorry your run wasn't quite up to your expectations but do try to cut yourself some slack. You're under a tremendous amount of stress right now, it's no wonder your body just said "nuh uh". I understand your frustration but all I can say is hang in there...this too shall pass.

Laura - Had to LOL at your comment about BC cardio:D...yeeah, right there witcha on that one! As everyone else has already offered up, please don't ever be afraid to just jump right in with the personals. I'm fairly new (about 18 months) here (and a complete newbie to running) and was a bit intimidated, at first, by the closeness of this group but they welcomed me with open arms and I very quickly felt like I had been here forever with these wonderful ladies:). As for a little intro...I am a 32 year old horse trainer/barn manager/everything else that ever needs to done around the farm:rolleyes:, looking to go back to school and become a rad tech, on my way to pursuing a career in nutrition. Alrighty, that was a bit of a mouthful lol:p. If you ever have time to kill and want to get a feel for what I (currently) do there are a bunch of pics on picturetrail link.

Judy - Wow, congrats on the 5# loss during the holidays! That is *quite* a feat! Speaking of "feet";)...how are you doing in that area? I hope it's improving?

Dallas - Thank you for the beautiful card hon! Like I said to Jackie^^^I love the warm fuzzies I get from them:D. I hope you and your family are well!

And that brings this novel to an end...sorry about the length there girls:eek:. I WILL be back tonight so as to not let personals get out of hand again;).

Gotta jet and get in to work. Have a great Saturday ladies!

Last edited:
Cathy - Just about lost it over the "bon bon" remark:D!!! Hmmm, wouldn't THAT be nice??? I think you've got a great 2 day plan there. I thought my roommate would make me uneasy, too, but it, oddly, doesn't...only when I have to wander down into the basement by candlelight does it get a bit unnerving, to say the least:eek:. No, we only got lotsa rain from that storm...a little ice at first but the rain took care of that. I do have a river runniing through my basement again but that should disappear in the next 24 hours or so. Thanks for the link...will have to check it out tonight.

Last edited:
Wendi--Thanks for the intro and the encouraging words. I have definitely felt welcomed and encouraged, even though the group is close. The challenge has just been to feel like I know what's going on. That's starting to happen. Hearing that you've been able to do it is helpful. :D

Cathy--Thanks, too, for your encouragement. I know in my mind that no one is making comparisons, but when I'm huffing out my "puny" mileage, it just seems a little inadequate. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

I've only been on 2 ski trips, 1 to Denver, and 1 to SLC. I couldn't even tell you which parks I skied at. And I've only done blues and the easiest greens. But it was love from day one.DH loves it too. So if we ever live where we can ski, I know we'll do it.

I had been skiing before DH, and went with him on his first time to ski. It was hilarious. We were with a friend who lives in SLC and is great at it and skis all the blacks, etc. On the lift on the way up, we were trying to coach DH how to turn, how to wedge to slow down, etc. Our plan was to get off the lift, regroup, give him a few more pointers, and then head down the mountain. Well, precious DH skis off the lift, turns a sharp corner, tucks into his "fast and furious" pose, and heads down the mountain. Friend and I are heading down at a leisurely pace when we hear DH yelling from above our heads on the ski lift. NO. He did not even wait for us at the bottom. He is headed back up! LOL

Carole--Hope you have a good trip. Thanks for asking yesterday about the mileage I was planning today. I was really hoping for 6 miles but was "iffy" about it since I hadn't run all week with DH out of town. However, when I had to put it in print, I was COMMITTED. So when the alarm went off this morning, and I didn't want to run even ONE mile, I had to get up and do it. :D I did walk 200 yards up a tough hill at the beginning of mile 4, but otherwise I ran the whole 6 miles. Since it had been a few days, I did it without a watch so that I was doing it just to get it done and not for time. But I did it!!

Tomorrow is a rest day. Monday starts my "official" training for the 1/2m. It is speed drill day: 4x400 with jogging in between.

Happy Weekend.

Last edited:
Tired Cheetah Checking In.

I went to bed after 1am and got up just before 7. That's not enough sleep for this Cheetah. I see a nap in my future for sure. Perhaps as soon as DH gets out of bed! LOL

Laura: BC cardio used to make you want to cry? Cathe was doin' her job then! ;) I did BC cardio only 2x in a row last week and boy did that make ME wanna cry! :D So why all of the power outages where you are? I hate when the power goes out. It drives me batty. I have to get out of the house if at all possible or I go crazy. :eek:

Gloria: Good job on the 5 miler. I need to start committing myself to 5 and 6 milers when I have a cardio only day. If you don't like Grandma then ya probably won't care for Percy (LOL) but that's okay. To each his own. :)

Wendi: I want to hear the ghost story you posted about to Cathy so make sure you alert me the day you post it, k? Thanks! :) So sorry you won't be getting a break from work over Christmas. How does a NEW girl get time off to go home and someone who's been there a while not get the time? Seems pretty wrong if you ask me. :confused:
I was waaay too close for comfort when 9-11 happened. No, I wasn't in NYC (thank goodness for that!) but I was right across the river working in Jersey City at the time. We could see everything from our building and it seemed as if were RIGHT there! :eek: It's something I'd love to forget but ofcourse, I never will. :( I know a gal who was getting off the train when everything was going on. Neither tower had collapsed yet but I think they had both been hit. She was trying to get to her job and as she was passing the towers she hearing people hitting the ground after jumping from the building and I think she saw a few things that are so bad that she really won't even talk about it. :(:( Sorry for going on about something so depressing...I'll shut up now!:p

Carole: Have a good trip!

Cathy: OMG the gingerbread martinis are soooo good! I had a couple last year and fell in love with them myself. When we went to OB a couple weeks ago they had them on the menu but I chose behave and have a CL instead. I think next time I'm going to HAVE to get one! :D Impromptu plans are the best. Me and my BF joke that they work out the best for us. We have a harder time planning ahead to hang then if we just pick up the phone at the last minute and say "Hey what are ya doing RIGHT NOW?" LOL

Fave Christmas Song: "Christmas Shoes" I don't know who sings it. I think it's a country artist. I heard it the other night. It makes me cry like a baby.

Worst Christmas Gift: OMG it had to be this cherub wall hanging I got from an older Aunt of Sal's. I loved the woman dearly but this thing was just AWFUL! :eek: LOL

Not sure what today's work out will be. I guess I'll report back on it once it's done. LOL

I've placed an IV in my arm. The caffeine is going DIRECTLY into my veins and I'm STILL not awake yet! :eek: LOL

I laid down before for about 45 mins. If I slept for 10 mins it was alot. :confused: ACK!

Heading to the gym in a few minutes for a short run (It should actually wake me up a bit.) and will do the work out from the rotation later on this afternoon (SS UB Blast Premix).

Happy Saturday. :)

Wendi—Oh yeah, please don’t hold out on us with your ghost tale! As much as it freaks me out, I enjoy hearing those kinds of stories. There’s a show called The Haunting that just scares the bejesus outta me. At any rate, I’m glad she’s a friendly spirit…Good that the ice wasn’t an issue for you where you are. I wonder about Judy, though…Re: the bon bons--*lol*. No, really! I am so over letting myself feel guilty over a missed workout during times like this. It may not be ideal, and there needs to be balance, but instead of driving myself crazy trying to do it all and then feeling bad when I can’t, I am learning to accept that I am simply not in a 9 to 5 profession. And that when things get crazy, I’ve just gotta do the best I can, and that’s enough.

Carole—hope you have a safe trip to LA and lotsa laughs! Try to avoid the HAPPY SUNDAYs. :D

Laura—any miles are good miles in our book! Post ‘em proudly. Hilarious about your DH’s first foray on the slopes. Though I gotta envy someone who can just hop off the lift and bomb the mountain on the first try! There was a definite learning curve for me (which involved multiple face plants and yard sales. *lol*)

Wendy—1 am? Sounds like a cheetah girl had herself a blast last night! I would need a nap, too. I don’t do well on fewer than 7. I remember you sharing about your 9-11 experience before. I am still haunted by those images, and I only saw them on TV! I don’t know the “Christmas Shoes” song but will check it out. LMBO about the cherub wall hanging. I am thinking I need to go back to OB just for the gingerbread!! Hmm, maybe I need to buy someone a gift certificate…:D

Worst Christmas gift for me…I would say Tweety Bird earrings and a shag steering wheel cover that an aunt gave me while I was in undergrad. And no, I was never a particular fan of Tweety Bird even as a kid. Another year she gave me a nightshirt which, on the front, had a posse of cats in cowboy boots walking forward. On the back, you saw the cats’ rears.

Did the 4DS CST premix (as short as it is, owwww! Love it!) and followed it with a 2 mile run. Still testin’ out the ITB. This time I ran the hills (yeah!) and felt only a teeny tiny pull on the last big one. I really do think the heel lift may have caused this problem. Have to run out to get my haircut & hopefully finish my shopping and later I will foam roll and maybe do some add’l EXT.

Hi Girls,

I was trying to get some last minute things done and while out running errands y-day I started feeling horrible...body aches and all. Unfortunately, today will be a rest day. :(

I have to read up on all the posts. My fav Christmas song is: "Christmas Canon" by Trans Siberian Orchestra. All time favorite. :) Maybe because we had Pachebel's Canon in D for part of our wedding music.;) Can I have two?? ;) I like "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole. :) I'll have to think about a least favorite.

Wendy ~ Why on earth did you go to bed so late?? Yes, a nap would be in order. I think a circuit is a good way to get all those swings in. So, do you feel like the swings are effective. Can you tell I'm on the fence still with kettle bells. ;)

Laura ~ I've never been to camp, so it wasn't me. :p I talked on the phone with another Dallas once. :)

Oops, have to go...be back soon to finish

Wendy--I live in Africa. Hence the frequent power outages.

Cathy--Yes, it was hilarious but maddening at the same time. My learning curve was more like yours.

Dallas--Well, now I know 2 gals named Dallas. :D

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - LOVE the thread title today! I’m feeling better. I did find my appetite again. :mad: But, that’s okay. Yes, the “something light” was just the ticket. I’m enjoying that thread on OD, too. It’s funny to see the names! :D

Wendi – I’m vying with your for the title of Slacker Cheetah! I guess it’s a three-way tie today! :p Yes, rest when you have the crud – it certainly helps me. I’m cracking up about your “Last Christmas” comment. I guess I just don’t like whiners. Move on already! :rolleyes: I’m sending you healthy vibes! I want to hear the ghost story, too! I love those!

Carole – OH, have a fun time in LA!! You’re missing the icky weather here, good for you! Sounds like a great time for you!

Laura – enjoy your rest day and then your “official” training start. It’s always exciting to finally start on the journey! Oh that’s funny about your DH and skiing! My DH is a skier, as are the kids, but I don’t do well with anything that slides. I drop the family off at the ski resort, then take the dogs on a long snow shoe through more remote areas. :p Real quick about me - I'm 44, married with 3 kids (none between the two of us). The youngest (mine but all are "ours") is 15 (will be 16 in less than two weeks, the brat! :p). I have run 2 half marathons, and we run the 10.6 mile run in Big Sur (www.BSIM.org) every year. I am more into cycling now, but this is such a great group that they let me hang out with them anyway. :D

Wendy – I hope you enjoy your nap! LOLing at your cherub wall hanging! Aren’t Aunts a joy? Oh 9-11 – I’m sorry you were so close. I was here in California, but we had a data center 2 blocks from the WTC, and I was getting a play-by-play by the people there. It’s good not to forget.

Dallas – HUGS – hope you’re feeling better! Being sick sucks, I know!

Gloria – for some reason I like Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer, but I can so totally understand why someone would hate it. Hope things calm down for you to allow you to get more workouts in.

Linda – sounds like you had a nice day the other day with your preggo DD! How’s the snow now? They are forecasting some for us – but at the higher elevations – 2000 feet and higher. We’ll just get the icky rain, but that’s life in CA.

Jackie – I’m feeling better, thank you! Sounds like as usual you got a great workout! I love the way you mix and match!

Shelly – Wow, your brother is impressive! And you’re not crowing!! I think it’s great that you have a brother like that!! Funny – I like the original Santa Baby, but the one sung by Madonna makes me grit my teeth, too. The original one is just so decadently selfish. :p

Posh – how much time do you have off for the Holidays? Oooh – the Oxbow at Napa – how fun! I would have loved to be there too! I love things like that! Good luck getting everything done! Sounds like a fun challenge, though! Yeah – everyone at my office has been sick at least twice since October. I’m hoping to feel healthy soon! :p

Karen – thinking about a race is probably a really good thing right now. Something healthy to help you meditate (running is very meditative for me) and just let yourself be for you, and no one else. Sorry you had to plan the funeral. That is very hard – I know, I had to do it too. I’m glad the hospice is involved now. They will help YOU a lot – not with your mom necessarily, although they will do that too, but they are familiar with all of the emotions and just how hard it is for the family at this point in life and it’s an odd comfort to know that those wild emotions just flying through you are completely normal.

Brighton – I’m so sorry for what you’re going through with your friend. That has to be hard. You’ll get the mileage back. Running is very much a mental game as well as a physical, and after everything else going on, your mental game is not at it’s peak right now – and that’s okay.

I’m waiting for the AT&T guy. Our phones are out, but the internet is working. Weird. I went and checked every phone to make sure they were hung up, and they are (and I realized we have A LOT of phones!). He said he’d be here shortly, so that’s good. I’ll get in some cardio afterwards. I think I’ll go impact – not sure how long. We’ll see. Yesterday I did SuperSets – that’s a great go-to workout when you need something not quite as tough. It felt good to do SOMETHING, though! I am going to repeat last week’s rotation this week as I missed most of it. Have a great day all!

Last edited:
Well - the AT&T thing was a bad splitter at the house. We have a temp fix in place and he'll be back to fix it on Monday. That works. As long as I have internet! :eek:

As for the worst present, only one really comes to mind and I feel bad mentioning it. When I was a kid, I loved collecting the Breyer horses. The really pretty ones that look like real horses. So I asked my Grandparents for one for Christmas. Well, being very old fashioned (they were in their 40's when they had my dad) and not familiar with Breyer, they got me this hideous yellow plastic horse. I mean, the thing was neon yellow. Having been well trained in good manners, I thanked the profusely, but I hated that horse for the longest time. Then it dawned on me that they did their best with what they knew. I don't know what happened to all of the Breyer horses (I think I still have them somewhere), but I keep that yellow horse as a reminder to, pardon the pun, "Not look a gift horse in the mouth".

Last edited:
I ended up doing ASC3. I did combos 1-5 with the combined, but did not do the combined 1-5 or Power Ups as I was exhausted! This is probably the most fun step routine I have ever done. There's not one combo that I dread. It's actually better than ASC2. There are a few moves that I don't quite have, but that's the fun. I can see I'll be doing this one a lot to get it down. :D Now if only I could look as light as Amy when she does this. :eek:

Laura: I went skiing one time in my life and that was this past winter. I spent the day in the area when I took my lesson and was excited to go back another day in hopes of advancing on to a bunny slope(LOL) but unfortunately it was the end of the season and we were unable to make it back. I want to go a few times this season. I hope I don't have to go back and spend another full day learning all over again!:rolleyes:
Oh how exciting that your training officially begins tmrw for your half!!!! I know you'll do great! Keep us posted on your progress!:)
I know you live in Africa but I don't know a darned thing about Uganda and why there would be frequent outages there. Sorry if I seem clueless or perhaps I missed a previous explanation. I'm known for missing things around here!:p

Christine: That's a sweet story about your grandparents and the horse they bought you. :) Glad your internet connection has not been disturbed. I am with you-take away my phone, my cable, and the radio but do not DARE mess with my internet!:p

Dallas: So sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff today. Hope it passes quickly. Swings are a great work out. I feel them most in my lower body! They are also a good cardio work out. I got to bed late b/c I went out with the girls for dinner last night and then spent a couple hours at BF's house bs'ing with her.

Cathy: I think we all have a relative who gave us bad gifts year and year. I know I've had more then my fair share! LOL A shag steering wheel cover and tweety earrings? What kind of combo is that?? :p Yeah, the gingerbread martini is definatley worth goin' back for and a gift certifcate...um well....that could be dangerous! :D Sorry the ITB is still givin' you a little trouble. Hope you get it worked out soon. Getting a new style today or just a trim? I need a hair cut and perm pretty badly. I'm just so lazy about these things...*sigh*

Went to the gym this morning and ran for 25 minutes at a pretty relaxed pace. I started out at my normal warm up speed and upped it just a tad every 5 mins. It was enough for me. I was tired as heck. It felt good though.

Last edited:
:mad: I was almost done with personals and accidently closed the wrong window!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, let’s see is I can go from memory.

Shelly ~ lol’d about you running around the basement. The kids love when I make up circuits for them in the basement, which involves running around the basement, push ups, sit ups, dips, etc. They have a blast doing it.:D Well, I guess Illinois is not the most corrupt. According to a report on CNN it’s #18. That surprised me with 4 scandalous Governors. :eek: I guess North Dakota was #1 and Alaska #2. :rolleyes: Pathetic! http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-12-10-corruptstates_N.htm?se=yahoorefer Congrats to your big brother!

Cathy ~ IA it’s hard to get it all in. I’m not even working, but certainly moving from 4A ish to who knows when. :eek: Glad you’re all caught up and will kick the New Year with a solid plan. Nice that the 2 mile run gave you no trouble. I can’t wait to do a “test” run next week. I love your new siggie. lol’d about the gingerbread martinis. ;)

Carole ~ Yes, DS is much better. Guess I got it. :confused: Safe travels to you. I bet you’ll have a great time. It’s been fun on FB reconnecting with old HS friends. The old pictures…:eek: LOL Hate being without the Garmin.

Jackie ~ I love Absolute Kickbox Combat premix. I should dust that one off. :)Love the picture w/Elvis. Thanks for sharing. Did you see the comedy clips about Blagojevich!?! Too funny! The well was certainly dry for them, now comedians have some new material. It’s such a shame! At least, were not #1…see my post to Shelly. ;) Glad the legs are coming back! WOW! You look great for your age!! :)

Linda ~ Sounds like you and DD had a nice time. You’re welcome. You’re getting in some great workouts.

Laura ~ lol’d about your head spinning from reading posts and trying to remember everyone. I felt the same way when I started posting here a year ago. It gets easier. :) Think of it as a Sudoku puzzle. It really works that brain! ;) Well, as you know, my name is Dallas. I’m approaching 39. Yikes! I, too, am a SAHM for now. I worked at a software company and then went back to school to finish my teaching certification. I taught for one year and then got prego w/bed rest. We decided it wasn’t worth if something happened to the baby, so I took a leave of absence. Then decided to be a SAHM with three beautiful children 10,9,5. The two older kids play travel soccer, so it keeps us busy. :D I also ran my first half in Aug. These ladies are great, funny, supportive, etc! :D Hope that helps! So, was your camp Dallas a nickname for her, if you know? Mine is. WOW, possible 20 years in Africa? Where were you from originally?

Christine ~ Thanks. I’m feeling good then bad. I feel kind of weak right now. My tummy was gurgling this AM. It’s so weird. I keep waiting to see what type of illness I’m going to end up with. Hope my body is fighting it. How are you feeling? Our phones were recently screwed up. Line one would not release. It kind of freaked me out…like that movie where the guy was calling from inside the house. :eek: LOL! Have you heard of Rachel Cosgrove’s “Attack the Fat” rotation? The only reason I ask is because she uses a lot of your kettlebell work outs. I’m almost ready to take the plunge, but STS is coming out.

Judy ~ I remember you posting that website, is it easy to use? I’m sorry if I asked that already. WTG on your weight loss!! Nice workouts lately. A 12 foot tree…did you have to cut a hole in the ceiling! ;) Happy Belated B-day to your FIL. IA at night, I’m too tired to think and post. ;)

Wendy ~ See what I wrote to Chrsitine about Rachel Cosgrove’s rotation. Good luck on finishing up your shopping tomorrow. I just need to find time to wrap.

Wendi ~ You’re welcome. Hope you keep the crud at bay. That’s what I did, I took a rest day on Thursday hoping to not get sick. I felt fine on Friday so did Thur’s workout. Then **BAM** it got me Friday afternoon. So, on top of the DOMS I had body aches. LOL :rolleyes: I've been at the schools volunteering a lot, so it probably was inevitable.

Posh ~ Why do we do that re: the platter instead of the plate full!?!? Hope you get that family room painted before Christmas. WTG for both DD’s. I know you’re a proud momma. lol’d at yout Jingle Bell post.

Karen ~ Continued ((HUGS)) and prayers. I’m so glad your DH will be off. You definitely need the help!!

Brighton ~ ((HUGS)) to you as well. That was super sweet meeting your friend for lunch. It IS so incredible sad to see loved ones suffer. I wouldn’t sweat the treadmill run, as Wendy said. When you’re emotionally drained it’s hard, I know. Remind me of that though, ok? ;)

Gloria ~ WTG on your 5 miler. When are you out for winter/Christmas break? We can’t call it Christmas anymore. UGH!

Well, it wasn’t exactly from memory. Lol

Hope I got everyone.

I think I'll wrap some gifts while the family is away. The kids had games, practices, scrimmages at various times today. Poor dh doing it all by himself. hey, maybe I'll get a little appreciation. ;)

Christine ~ I'll have to remember that when I feel like stepping re: ASC3. Glad you had so much fun. :)

Wendy ~ Well, at least it was for something fun, right!?! What size KB are you using? Where did you get yours? Sorry for all the KB questions.;)

Oh yeah, the bad gift: A robe that covered every part of my body (I'm not kidding...it zipped all the way to the top of my neck) and was a velour like material. Dh and I were recently engaged. We all laughed so hard because my mil wanted me to try it on right there. I knew looking at it that I wasn't keeping it, and was so embarrassed to try it on. She laughed too after I tried it on. TG! ;) These are fun to read.

ETA: Cathy ~ Thank you for the sweet card. You're so good with words. :) I guess that's why I was a math major! ;) Where did you find a fitness Christmas card. LOL :D

Last edited:
Dallas: I started with a 15 pound bell that I purchased from Target along with the two Iron Core work outs they sell there. It was a perfect place to start for me. I now have two 15 pound bells and one 20 pounder but I am ready to go out and purchase a heavier one. I like the 15's for double bell work and the 20 pounder is great for alot of the single bell work except for swings. I really need a heavier bell for them now. HTH a bit. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.