•• CHEETAHS •• Clean, mean runnin' machines Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

I have another viewing to attend this evening, will be taking a rest day, and am pretty much caught up on personals but just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a GREAT day/workouts!

Wendy—glad you had fun spendin’ your AC cash! Sounds like some good picks.

Catch up with ya's later! :D

Hi Friends :)

Today will have to be a quickie again, but I just have check up on The Great and Wonderful Cheetahs.

My Dad is having a birthday today. He is 87 years young. I will have lunch with him as week night dinners are tough with the kids' homework. ( Mid terms are very close) We will celebrate with the family on the weekend.

Cathy- sorry about having to attend another viewing this evening.

Wendy- nice going on your DVD purchases. I would say get AOS Newport soon!

Wendi- ditto on the RH HM training. DD23 told me her best friend, who is running it too, kicked her but with hill intervals yesterday!

Linda- Welcome back. I am sorry to read that your sis is moving :(so far away.

Carole- You were busy on your day off! How did yesterday's run feel after the not so great 16?

Brighton- Your knee twinges were probably associated with the uneven snow /ice surface as mentioned yesterday. I have not run in 3 degrees. I am headed out today in 16 degrees because we are ( predicted to be ) getting one storm after another starting tonight. This will be my only outdoor opportunity for the week.

Hi Christine and Gloria and Karen !

Today is a 5 mile tempo run. I will do it outdoors as mentioned to Brighton above. I am doing the weght work ( not on the exact days) from Fitnessfreak's January rotation for a bit of variety. This is week one for me.

Ok TaTa.... gotta pack lunches!

Ahhh, the Cheetah Den!!

Carole – I don’t know. I guess we’ll see how things go between the Titans and the Ravens. That is true that the Jets beat the Titans. That was kind of funny. Yeah, the floor will be exactly the same. The ripping out is starting today. We have one of the PODS in our driveway to hold all of the furniture. Fun times. :eek:

Cathy – I may play around with CLX, but for the real rotation, I will start on Monday with you! It’s more fun that way! :p I’m fighting that stupid cold, AGAIN, too. I have never been so sick in my entire life. It’s driving me crazy. I’m going to go get some Cold Ease or Zicam – the stuff with Zinc – that helps a lot. I am also trying to add more zinc into my daily diet to keep the immune system up. It’s tough. Glad you liked Bodystrikes. Sounds like a goodie! Sorry you don’t have DOMS – although they’ve been hitting me mid-next day!

Wendi – have fun at the step class! That sounds like a good time. The flooring takes a while because it’s not the tongue-in-groove hardwood floors, but the real stuff. They have the lay it, then put several coats of varnish and each coat has to dry for a day or two. Especially now as it’s freezing! Although It’s supposed to be a wonderful weekend! Highs in the upper 60’s! No excuses for not getting out on the bike!

Jackie – Um, no.:cool: I mean, the Titans probably WILL crush the Ravens, but that’s not the outcome I’m hoping for. The opposite would be better for me. :p I’m a Ravens fan. :D But, as I said to Carole, we can agree to disagree – it’s a game. ;) I’ll do CLX as is the first week, except I will probably get in a bike ride on one of the rest days. I need to keep up the cycling, so I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do CLX, too.

Wendy – Fortunately, I have a laptop – so that goes anywhere, and my workout room is the garage. I should be okay. I can always set up my bike anywhere. :p Sounds like you had a really good workout yesterday! Way to go!

Judy – HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dear old Dad!!! 87 – wow!! Wonderful genes you have, no wonder you always look so darned good.

As I said above, I’m fighting a cold again. I’m going to go to the store to get some Zicam or Cold Ease. This is ridiculous. I’m never this sick. I must really be eating horridly! I’m thinking I’ll do SS today – it’s a nice lighter workout. I did get my CLX, and it looks wonderful, but I’m waiting to start with Cathy and Posh. :D Have a wonderful day all!

Cathy—Sorry that you’ve had the cold bug, too. The rest did the trick for me, and I’m feeling great now. Hope you’re back to 100% soon too. Thanks for the info about your new BodyStrike. I’m learning lots about new workouts on this thread. Isn’t Ilaria such an elegant name. We have Italian friends here in Uganda, and they have a daughter named Ilaria. When they say it, it’s just GORGEOUS.

Wendi—Good for you on the hilly 5.6 miles. Those hills are mentally tough as well as physically challenging! I like that you called this past weekend a “hiccup” in my training. I have a tendency to get overstressed about things that derail “my plan.” :) You helped put it in perspective. LOL about the vest enabling. We’ve got lots of enabling going on here . . . Garmins, panini makers, vests . . . :D

Christine—Ick to the floor being done. Hope the idea of a new floor can tide you over through the chaos. Have fun with CLX. I’ve been looking at the Beach Body site. Since DH has done P90X, I’ve seen they have good products. But that’s all we’ve ever done. I’m thinking about ordering some Turbo Jams. Sorry about all your sickness. I’ve felt like I’ve been really sick since July, too. Never anything awful, but it seems about once a month I’m just sick enough to mess up my workouts. You mention diet—maybe that’s my problem, too. I do take a multi-vitamin every day, though. Hmmm.

Carole—I was ROFLOL at your Airborne story. No wonder you switched to Umcka!! :D My mom called just as I had read your post, and I told her and she hee-hawed with me. (She is my favorite person to share a good laugh with.) You know, that’s one of those stories that, if you didn’t hear it straight from the source you would say was an urban legend. The only kids’ Airborne I’ve seen are the pixie straws, which you DO put straight in your mouth. I guess they have kids tablets too?

Brighton—Hurray for you on your 10-miler. I’m looking forward to kickin’ mine this weekend. SO GLAD that the knee pain has gone done quickly. ITA that you hear a wide variety of opinions on shoe replacement. Thanks for your encouragement about my run. BTW—about camping—it is 90 degrees here right now, remember. Although, DH HAS drug me out camping in the States in Feb and when we woke up in the morning, there were tiny icicles on the inside of our tent where our breath had crystallized! That is NOT camping weather.

Jackie—Thanks for the encouragement RE: time to get in runs before my race. See my post to Christine above re: CLX. Maybe sometime I’ll try it. I think after my ½ in Feb that DH is going to do P90X again, this time with me.

Linda—Yes, it’s hard to picture weather that is different from our own. Even though I grew up with January being cold, it’s just so hard for me to picture snow right now since it’s 90 here! Good for you getting in your runs on vacation. That can be tough to do. Amy Bento is another series of videos I’m wanting to launch into. And you’re a CLX lady, too! I’m more and more getting the idea that that is a series to look into. Well, it’s gonna have to wait, because I’ve got this 1/2m training, then P90X. After that it will be STS, so I have my programs lined up for a while!!

Wendy—Thanks for the positive words about my training. Your workout mix yesterday sounds interesting. I’ve never been able to mish-mosh like that. I either do the workouts as they come or one of the pre-mixes. I just love having it all pre-organized for me!

Judy-Your plans with your Dad sound great. 87--wow. You know, when someone special is having a birthday, I enjoy having a “group” or family party, and also have some time with the special one alone. DH and I always do this—group party that involves the kids, but then a lunch or dinner on our own. To me, it prolongs the festivities, and it allows time to visit without the big crowd PLUS get the party in, too. Best of both worlds, girl.

Shelly—Thanks for the energy vibes. They took some time to make it across the Atlantic, but they have now arrived in full force. :D You go, Crazy Cheetah, with your Imax3 and LowMax add-ons. Heavens to Betsy. If I make it to the end of Imax3, I call it a “wonderful day” and pack up!

Gloria—Thanks for asking about my run. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to work it in. I’m looking forward to doing a long one this weekend. LIC is a fun workout. Hope the bis get less tender soon.

Hello to Posh, Karen, and Dallas.

Today was speed drills. 6x400 (plus 20 min warm-up and 10 min recovery jog). Last time I did 400s it was only 4, so this was an extra challenge. I really enjoy the speed drill days, though. DH is trying to train, too, so this morning he ran from 6-7, and then I ran from 7-8. We’re going to try to work in some runs together, but with little kids, we’ll have to do a lot of tag teaming during those early hours! We have some early bird friends, though, so maybe one of them can come over and let us do some of the long runs together.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Cool, you got some good workouts. Sounds like Bodystrikes was a great one for you. I have one of their workouts. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment about my running, I have been feeling really good. Say "Hi" to Donna for me. I have never jumped halfway into a marathon like that and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had, with 2 of the nicest people..:)..I am still LOL about Donna saying around mile 20 "I will do another marathon" You 2 both did so well, it was great to be a part of that. I know what you mean about fish oil capsules, but also they are usually not balanced the right way with the Omega's as they usually have too much Omega 3 and not enough Omega 6. Thanks for popping in to say Hi!!

Judy...
9.gif
to your Dad!! I felt very good running yesterday after the tough 16. Enjoy your tempo run and weight work.

Christine...Yeowza, that would be tough seeing your floor ripped out! Hope they get this done fast. Sorry about getting another cold. Tis the season. if you get neat a Health Food store try some Umcka, I swear by this stuff.

Laura...Glad you and your Mom enjoyed my Airborne story! It was quite funny, just glad no one was around to take pictures!! This was when Airborne first came out so I don't know if they have kids tablets anymore. Good job with the speed drills. It must be tough with the little ones when you both want to run. Looks like you are working it out.

Wendy...I have had some bad teeth cleaning days myself. Yesterday was not a bad day as I always try and get the same hygienist, we have known each other a long time...Good job working out after 5!!

Wendi...thanks so much re: my running. Not quite an iron cheetah yet...:)..So will DSO join you for a workout today?

Jackie...I still have some lingering symptoms of the cold but I feel so much better. It is amazing how you really don't know how bad you feel till you start feeling better. I didn't know thay had vests at Walmart...

Today I am doing PH legs and a 5 mile run. Back to running 6 days this week.

Have a great day...:)

Only 3 working days til' Friday...

Top o’ the mornin’, Cheetahs…

Well, my glorious time off work came to a bittersweet end – I still want to be free from having to go to work so I can do more stuff around the house, yet I am happy to get back to my routine of better eating, workouts, etc. I’m also excited to get started with CLX to prime me up for STS. ABCDEFG…lol. Hey, funny story; whilst scanning channels, DH stopped for a minute on the infomercial of P90X. He actually stopped and watched for a few minutes! I asked him if he would be interested, but all I got was an idunno muttering…lol. He’s an alright fella though, can’t complain, the guy installed my brand new storm door over the weekend and it only took 4 hours! He got a nice roast chicken and potatoes dinner out of it though! hee

Today I have to scram as I have another appointment before work. I spent the last couple of days getting for work/school after two weeks of a lot of cooking and visiting with friends and family. Whew, got me some dishpan hands from all the dishes I’ve done after cooking, cooking, and cooking…. did I mention I’ve done a lot of cooking on my break? LOL

Teach
– Chyeah, the UPS Gremlin family have my package hostage as well :confused:. I called UPS this morning and the rep insisted all those scans yesterday mean the CLX package has arrived in Grass Valley and is being “sorted” and “prepared” for delivery…hmmm…duh? Acuna Matada, we’ll get em’ eventually. Hey, me thinks I’m getting enabled on that Bodystrikes DVD…..:eek:

Judy – Enjoy the Birthday lunch with dad. Stay safe with all those storms rolling in! Guess the treadmill will be your friend, huh? ;)

Christine – Wow, about your floor, but I’m sure when they’re done with the repair it will be beautiful! Sorry you are fighting off the bugs too. I keep feeling like I’m gonna get the nose/throat/chills-achy feeling but take airborne and it seems to go away…then come back. Oh well, I’m now back at the germfest campus so hopefully I can keep healthy! Um, by the way, my money is on the Titans :p …lol….but I understand you rooting for the Ravs ;).

Laura – Yeah, 90 degree temps aren’t that fun to run in. We get over 100 here in No California (ask Carole – she gets 110 :eek:) Sorry if I missed a previous post, but why is your family living in Uganda? Are you a military family? Just curious, because it sounds like you come and go to the US. Anyway, I agree with the others in that you still have plenty of time to get your runs in before the half. Sounds like you’re doing great with training so far.

Carole – Hiya! Some idiot was chiding me the other day while shopping at Home Depot for wearing my Cowboys sweatshirt. Told him was better than wearing a Forty - Whiners or a ..uh hem…*cough* Raiders *cough* sweatshirt…lol. Wanted to say from the other day, NICE present for the running bud – need anymore running friends? JK – I have a Garmin, but you and sis sure were sweet to get such a nice gift and have it all charged up as well. I echo Cathy’s sentiments on BOSTON, BABY!! :cool: Yeeeeahhh! I just KNOW you’re gonna BQ! Yes, a Cheetah cheering section at Heartbreak Hill! You’re doing so great with training for Napa!

Ok, time to get my lunch made and out the door for another appointment and then off to another exciting day of work in Toad’s Wild Ride at Disneyland…..lol.

Howdy to Jackie, Linda, Gloria, Dallas, Wendi, Wendy, Shelly, Brighton, Karen, Billy-bob, Peggy-Sue….

Have a great day, ya’ll!

POSH :D

Oh, yes. As Posh brought up, I forgot to mention the "DVD Purchase" enabling. I'm feeling enabled re: Turbo Jam, Amy Bento, CLX, BodyStrikes, etc.

And, BTW, speaking of enabled purchases, my Garmin arrives with my friend on Jan 15. I was hoping to get it with an earlier travel group, but, oh well. As DH points out, this purchase is not just for the 1/2m. It is for running in general. I will love it especially for traveling because I'll be able to know how far I've run without having a pre-plotted course. So whenever it arrives, I'll get good use out of it! I'm excited.

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy - Glad you enjoyed Bodystikes! Nice way to work up a sweat! The tea and chill time was sooooo goooood! Enjoy your rest day from workouts anyway.

Wendy - I'm only taking one rest day with CLX. Yesterday, I added cardio. I'll see how tomorrow goes to see if I want to add. I'll be doing runs on Tues, Thurs and Sat. Will see how everything works out this week since I will have gone through all of the workouts in this phase. Even though it was late, good job getting the workout in yesterday.

Judy - Happy 87th Birthday to your dad!! Hope he enjoyed his lunch with you. How was your run?

Christine - Fight that cold and feel better. I've been taking zinc every other day for the last couple of weeks. Maybe the Titans will bring their best game. I hate to see them winning all season then lose during the playoffs. My DB will be really disappointed. You have the same idea on how to use CLX. Good! The change in weather here is enough to keep anybody sick.

Laura - Glad you're feeling better. Doing P90X with DH should be fun. Did he get good results? I love the TJ workouts too. Good job with the speed drills. Hope you and DH can work out something to run together. Having a running partner the last few months sure have made my runs better and he pushes me to do more than I normally would. So happy that your Garmin will get to you soon. :D

Carole - Wal-Mart doesn't sell the vests in their store but you can order and have them shipped to the store. Cathe's vest is on their site. I saw a 20 lb. one at Target but wanted to compare the price to Wal-Mart. I might have said that already. Enjoy PH legs and your run.

Posh - Do you think you can hold your mouth just right :confused: and convince DH to go for P90X? Nice you fed him for all that hard work with the door. :D You cooked over the holidays? Time to bring out the gloves and vaseline a couple of nights, huh? That should soften those hands up.

Today's workout was iTread #15 40 minutes and a 20 minute yoga workout. Am feeling my bootay today!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Only time for a quickie today!!!

Yesterday's running plans kind of ended up being a wash... The snow that was expected arrived-- and how! :eek: It snowed all day and through the night, total blizzard. So... not only did I not go outside in the snow, but didn't want to brave the roads to get to the gym-- it was bad enough earlier in the day when I had to take DS to preschool.

But it ended up being a wonderful evening-- it was DH's birthday yesterday (yep, it's usually a nonstop party around here from Christmas to Jan 5th) so we had a nice day snowbound indoors. He got home from work super early, around 4 :) and I got a little carried away in the kitchen. We had seared sea scallops over angel hair pasta with a pistachio pesto. Mmmmmm... :D Then made a light carrot cake with low-fat cream cheese frosting for the b-day boy.

Anyway, today has been kind of dedicated to making sure I get my workouts in & cleaning up the house!!! :eek: All sorts of chores to get done. I did Push/Pull this morning + 30 min of yoga with Eoin. We're meeting up with DH at the gym this evening. I'm debating whether to get yesterday's run in today, or if I should go for a swim. I have a tempo run planned for tomorrow & don't particularly like to run two days back to back... seems to aggravate my joints. I may just do a little short speed run on the TM then hit the pool.

Hope all is well with everyone! I will be back tomorrow morning to catch up on personals! :D :D :D

(((HUGS))) to the den!

Hi Friends

I have a few minutes here before I put on my taxi driver hat and skeddadle.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Dad. We lingered over a nice lunch.

When a I went back to look at my training plan I saw that it said 5 miles speed work: 2 x 1600 @ 9:06 pace with 800 jogs, 1 mi WU & CD. So I did my first ever speed work run outside in 16 Degrees and gentle hills. It was better than I thought it would be,and was really nice to get off the TM.

Jackie - I like the Vaseline and glove trick too.

Posh- Good to see ya! I'm with ya on the values of routine. I think that is why I adore Mondays.

Christine- Dad is a really sweet guy. He has been a widower for 21 years and has surprised us all with his independence.

Carole- A 6 day running week... again? hi five!!!!! hi five!!!!!

Brighton- Happy birthday to DH! That birthday meal sounds so delicious!!

OK, time to go get DS from practice.... Waldo is keeping my lap warm though. He has become so attached to me. This month is 1 year since we became his people.

Last edited:
Good Evening Cheetahs.

I don't know where the day went to. It usually never takes me until the evening to get here for the first time. :confused:

So I woke up this morning with full body DOMS from y'day's work out. It was mild but definately there. After work I eeked out 5.58 miles with Grace. It wasn't my best run as I am tired after spending 3 hours with the rug rats but I did it. Now I am thoroughly exhausted and REALLY sore. :eek: Hopefully a good night's sleep will help set me straight. I think tmrw's plan is upper body only. It's about all I can handle I think. LOL

Judy: Happy Birthday to your dad! :D

Brighton: Happy Birthday to your DH! Wow you really did go all out in the kitchen! Lucky guy. I'm not that motivated when it comes to cooking. I do it for DH. If not for him I would hardly ever cook. :p

Jackie: Your plan for CLX sounds great. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Nice work out today.

Laura: I'm excited for you getting your Garmin soon!!!!

Posh: My DH is supposed to start the X (again) soon. He started months ago but never finished. I hope he completes it this time. Hope you enjoy CLX. Can't wait to hear everyone's review so I can decide if I need it or not. I am usually the first one to jump on something new. I can't believe I am holding out! I must not be feeling well! :D

Carole: Nice to know your hygenist for years. Probably makes things easier for both of you. I've been going to the same group for years but don't get the same girl all the time. Yeowch-PH legs + a run! You feelin' like jello now? :)

Christine: Sorry you are getting sick again. What a bummer. With the way my luck is running I'd better wear a mask to come on to Cathe.com cause I'll probably catch it via the forums! LOL :p I want a laptop but DH is being a royal pain in the tush about getting one. It's beginning to annoy me. If I worked full time I wouldn't think twice about just going out and buying one for myself by now! :rolleyes:

Cathy: So you are starting CLX with Christine and Posh on Monday? How fun! I hope you enjoy it. It'll be fun to read about it while the three of you are doing it. :)

Have a great night~

Hey Cheetahs!

Brighton - Don't blame you for not wanting to get out in the snow. Happy Belated Birthday to DH! Sounds like a great celebration! Nothing like a good par-ty!! Good job with the workout! Did you get a run in?

Judy - Glad you enjoyed your speed work outside. It was cold!! Brrrr!!! I like the Waldo comment on being his people! How sweet! :)

Wendy - Great job on the run! Hope you sleep like a baby tonight. C'mon and jump on the CLX train. Can't beat a good workout in a short period of time.

Sleep well everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.