~Pentagenarians & Beyond~- The Weekend

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning!

Today is a rest day for me, DH and I will start running around getting Christmas things etc. The trip to Canada was pretty good, no traffic going up, and just a little coming back. The weather was great.

Garance:
Glad to hear your knee feels better. I too have been thinking about having some face work done. You can do all kinds of things with excercise and diet to change all other parts of your body, but your face and neck show all the aging! Too bad there wasn't a "face & neck" workout that makes the muscles develop to take up some of that sagging skin! I would be right in there doing it faithfully.

Jen, Linny, Rhonda, Josie:
Hope you get a chance to pop in this weekend and let us know how you are doing!

Deb:)

Hi Deb--

I feel really silly saying this is a rest day, when I just did some weight work yesterday after 10 days of doing nothing. But it was clean-the-house day, and with all the stairclimbing and scrubbing, and lugging of the vacuum cleaners here and there, I always get a pretty decent bit of exercise.

Seeing that A&E Bio again yesterday convinced me I did the right thing. The students said I looked so much younger, and I said it was the lighting--which was, in fact, extremely harsh and seemed to add ten years to several scholars.

Went to my party last night. Very careful on the canapes--just a smidgen of each. Fun!

My knee continues to feel so much better. I may do a light cardio tomorrow--a three-mile walk with Leslie Sansone (with her voice turned off of course). If I don't do a light cardio, I will do GS BShBi.

I'm reading Lady Oracle, by Margaret Atwood, for my Winter Study course. I forgot how good it is.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Went downtown to DC yesterday, met friends, and saw the "Revels" (http://www.revelsdc.org) and ate at a Greek restaurant (http://washingtondc.menupages.com/r...taurantid=22985&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=29). It felt almost like a getaway. We have been so busy.

Does anybody know how to put in a hyperlink? (i.e. Revels above)

Today I will resume trying to catch up with my life before my daughters come home in a week and a half for winter break.

About to go downstairs. Going to start Cathe's December rotation and shred more papers, do laundry..... I have been so overwhelmed, I did not even check when the rotation was posted.

Take care,

Rhonda

Good Morning!

Today I did the complete 4DS Kickbox, legs & core workout. It is the first time I did it all the way through, as is. It really kicked my butt! I burned 472 calories according to my HRM

DH and I will be back out this afternoon for more smal Christmas things. I am also going to Dick's for new capri sweatpants ( they are 50% off), new weight gloves and I am going to look at a new ball. My will not keep the air in it from one workout to another.

Garance:
your house work sounds like more of a Boot CAmp workout! I am glad your knees feel better. It is smart to go with something a little light like the Leslie Sansone tapes

Rhonda:
It looks like the link workded. Did you eat at the Zorba;s cafe>
Cathy's Decembe rotation looks good!

Have a great "rest of the weekend"

Hi to Josie, Jen, Linny!

Deb;-)

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Have fun shopping today.Hmmmm, I'll have to see if the Dick's around me has capris on sale.
Garance : So glad to hear your knee is better. Its tough to be out of commission.
Rhonda: I haven't had Greek food in forever. I'm not sure if we even have one around me.
Last night I didn't get home till 3;30AM. I watched my DG so son could go to Christmas party. She can't stay here because I can't take thew chance that DH and DS might fight. So I had to watch her at his house. It was good seeing her,I hadn't since Halloween. It was a tough drive home though. I think next time I'll bring my sleepingbag and sleep over.I hope you gals are having a good weekend.
Hi Jen and Josie.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.