~Melting Away Wednesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I did a 20 minute I-Train, followed by 4DS chest & back. Does anyone use a HRM with lifting gloves? Did you ever have the glove hit the button on the side and end the monitoring? x( I hate when that happens! Does anyone wear the wrist band somewhere else?

Did you see the response from SNM to someone asking for a blog update?
Wow.. a little touchy are we?

Shannon:
sorry to hear your water workout did not "work out".

Emily:
Thanks for letting us know about those buckeyes! :9

Shelley:
We'll make you a morning excerciser for sure!

Tneah:
You look marvelous!

Lainie:
Clean Max! That is pretty funny.. That is one workout I never look foward to!

Michele:
Good for you on keeping away from the junk. I did look at that rotation. I would have to put it in generic format, as I don;t do step and don;t have a lot of those workouts.

TK:
I think the calf is how I was doing the eliptical... most likey using my one leg a lot harder than the other. I am not used to using this equipment. Are you doing a S&H rotation?

Cari:
I hope you are not getting sick too!:-(

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Morning melters. Sorry I've been MIA. I've replaced my workouts with eatouts since hurting my knee and haven't been able to show my face here. I'm really out of touch with you guys. Except that I had to go see tneah's pictures. Ay yi yi! Carumba! I think I'm ready to give up now. Sigh. tneah, you are hot, baby.

I was out of town a couple days doing a peer lab inspection. It was my first one and I was a nervous nellie, but it went well. I haven't done a workout in a week, but hope to be re-inspired and do something with my quickly-becoming-flabby upper body this afternoon.

I hope I also have some time later to catch up and do some personals. Hope to see you all later. Taa for now.

Hi!

Robin- You were missed. Just because we don't melt doesn't mean we can't chat! How does your knee fell with the rest? Attack that UB WO! Do you prefer to split it up or go for the whole UB at once?

At spin class on Monday, the trainer was discussing eating well. It was nothing new but for some reason in my brain I held on to the comment that "eating well makes you feel better and less sluggish." Well I am annoyed with being sluggish. so I have been really trying the last two days to make clean choices. And dang if I don't have more energy ( and I even have PMS) Even if we don't lose weight, at lest eating well will help us to not be zapped of our energy.

Carry on ladies :) :) :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Mornin' you lovely melters!

Today is a day of uncleanliness - it's the holiday potluck in my office. Uh oh! :9 I did cardio this morning, to get my metabolism revved up for today - LIS/HIS Double Cardio premix. :)

Deb, I can't say I've ever worn a HRM with lifting gloves, but then, I don't usually wear lifting gloves. So I'm no help. I supposed you could always wear your HRM somewhere else, as long as it's within range of the chest strap. Maybe loop it through a belt loop (although most workout pants don't have belt loops).

Robin, it's good to see you back here! Now, what did everyone say to me when I was MIA because I wasn't melting??? They said it didn't matter and that I should be here anyway. And now I'll say the same to you. It's about comraderie. We're all here for each other no matter what. :)

Judy, it's so true what that trainer said. I always feel better when I eat well. Except when I'm having a killer chocolate craving, in which case, eating chocolate makes me feel better than any salad ever could. :p

<<<Judy, it's so true what that trainer said. I always feel better when I eat well. Except when I'm having a killer chocolate craving, in which case, eating chocolate makes me feel better than any salad ever could.>>>

ROFLMAO!!!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Mornin'All!

Hey, thanks for your nice comments guys, seriously, I felt kinda weird posting pics and all. But it holds me accountable, after all, Cathe (Jai too)are my "role models" so I have a ways to go!:) Those women stay so lean its unbelievable. Oh vey.

I liked your comment about clean eating Judy, about being less sluggish, it is true, without the extra sugary stuff I really do feel better!

Robin, get your butt (your bum knee and all the rest of you!) back here woman! :7 We are to support each other, believe me its better than being out there alone, diet and exercise are hard, so c'mon back we missed ya!:7

Emily, have fun at your potluck, hopefully there will be yummy, yet better food choices there. Although at potlucks I have attended, there are always alot of "mystery casseroles!"

Deb, I have tried so many times to use a heart rate monitor and get frustrated with it, so now I will take a 10-second count every now and then.

I dogged my workout yesterday, I did the Kickbox portion of 4DS and was going to do legs in the evening, but wound up in my flannels watching Friends reruns! That is why there is always today, I plan on trying the whole thing again this morning!
Hi to everyone I might have missed, eat clean, live well, smile! Its almost time for Santa!

:) :7

Ahhhh, thanks you guys. I love being missed!

Judy, as always, you and your family are lovely. Thanks. My knee is getting better everyday, but there is still some pain that has me worried.

Emily, I agree wholeheartedly about the chocolate cravings. Nothing but chocolate will do at those times.

tneah, thanks for the kick in the butt. Yeah, I think my bum knee is part of the reason for the bad mood I have been in. It makes me feel incredibly old.

Oops, I better get back to work. Taa

Hey chiquitas!!!

Just running in quickly to say hello. I've done my workout in the morning two days in a row now (granted, this morning I got up later because Sophie had a pediatrician appointment!).

Okay, could you all please send some of your meltings Sophie's way? We were at the doctor this morning and she needs to gain a bit of weight.

Judy - I totally agree about the sluggishness when you don't eat properly.

Emily - how about a chocolate salad?

Deb - I've never had that happen with my HRM.

Robin - we've MISSED you! Don't go away again, please! Knees take a while to sort themselves out. Be patient (I know, I know!!)

Tneah - I also aspire to look like Cathe or Jai but I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen. How's that for negative thinking?

Hi to everyone else *waves wildly*

Robin,
You are not old, you are an athlete, athletes get injured. Athletes take care of their bodies when injured and do what they can...or as Tony H would say,"Do your best and forget the rest!";-) Hey, that goes for you too Shannon and Lainie!

Focus on sculpting your upper body and abs-that is what I did while healing from my hip surgery. We, athletes gotta look out for each other...okay, now I take my own advice and go do Kickbox/Legs!:) I just walked the dog and am thawing out, its actually freezing temps today-ice on the ground.:7

Hi melting mavens. Today was a planned rest day so I got to sleep in. I forgot to mention that I've been hot flash free for a number of weeks. Also I've been sleeping all night. Good quality sleep too. I cannot tell you how welcome that is. This recent episode of hot flash/sleeping problems lasted for months, but previously it would happen for a few weeks, then would give me a break and stop for a while. Getting old is not easy!

Deb: I don't use my HRM when I lift so I can't help you there. Yes, I am doing a short rotation with S+H. After this week I think I will do a week or two of PS or GS series, but may switch to a fat loss rotation. I'm always changing my mind!

Robin: I was wondering where you were. I'm glad you're back, now get to your upper body workout, woman! (how's that for a butt-kicking?)

Judy: you are so right about feeling good when you eat healthy. I was just thinking about that same concept walking into the office this morning. We have a choice: we can eat healthy (most of the time LOL), feel good, live longer, have an long active life or we can eat junk, feel sluggish, and check into the nursing home early. It's all a choice. People here at my work will make snide comments about my lifestyle occasionally but I usually come back with a snarky comment like 'don't worry I'll come to your nursing home and push your wheelchair while I jog' or something bad like that. I have such a big mouth but they shouldn't bait me like that LOL.

Emily: I haven't done that cardio premix, but I'm sure it's a good metabolism revver. Enjoy your party. Will there be buckeyes there?

Tneah: Yeah, Cathe and Jai are both lean machines (so are you!!). I'm a curvy gal so I haven't a chance of ever reaching their level. But....for that hour every morning I can try my darndest to fight mother nature/father time. LOL. Sometimes I wonder why I try but if I'm going down, I'm going down swinging!

Shelley: I looked at my meltings. They are full of beer and cookies. I don't think they are suitable for cute little girls.

Hi everyone! I have had a really busy day, and still have a lot to do, but wanted to pop in briefly. All I got done today was an upper body workout (from Slim, Sexy & Strong Body Sculpt with Michelle Dozois). I also had my physical therapy visit today, but it was my last one. Yay! Well, I hope it's the last and I don't have another injury or something!

OK, there's a toddler whining at me. Hope to BBL for personals after they are in bed, but DH is flying home tonight, so he will no doubt suck up plenty of my time after he gets home. And I don't mean anything dirty by that, necessarily.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi melters.

I need to get the kids in bed but I wanted to check in quick. I have a voice today so that is good. I got my work out in. I did bootcamp from BM2. First time I did that premix.

As far as eating today - I was pretty busy today so that keeps me from mindless snacking. I have been trying to replace my usual afternoon snack of crackers or granola bars with a fruit or a vegetable. Taking baby steps towards getting myself and family to eat less of the processed foods we eat. Mosty snacky stuff.

I am terrible with the vegetables so anyone who wants to throw out how they get their vegetables in I would appreciate the advice.

Talk to you all later.

Night,
Cari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.