~:CHEETAHS:~Here we go for our long run...

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Okay, I suck at this Christmas carol thread title thing:p. I was hoping someone would bail me out and get to it before me...guess not *lol*.

Wanted to send Laura some nice long run {{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}!

Sooooo, did anyone head out to the malls yesterday for all those mega sales:eek:? I couldn't even imagine fighting my way through those kinds of crowds. I mean, Black Friday is bad enough...yikes!!!!

Mom and Grandmom will be leaving today:(. It was sooooo nice to see them. They actually spent an extra day here as I was able to get out of work at a reasonable time last night so all four of us (DSO was able to drop by) shared a nice dinner and conversation. I needed that kind of chill time after the day I had yesterday...sheesh:rolleyes:!

I'm also looking forward to getting back to my workouts as of tomorrow:D...woohoo! I'm going to try to head out for a run before work in the morning if the weather will cooperate. I *have* to get my mileage back up:confused:. I have been running around the farm...literally. I spend a lot of the day walking to and from paddocks, fields, etc., so I've been making a point to run each of those trips. I even make the horses jog with me:p. I know it's not much but at least I feel like I'm doing *something*.

Wendy - Glad to hear that you've got all your hours back. Knowing you, I know you'll find a way to fit those runs in. Aww, so glad Joey is feeling better:). Nice workout you put together yesterday...killer! Wow, you made out like a bandit in the gift department babe:D! LOL, the boss is perfect and always right, don't ya know;):rolleyes:? See what I wrote to Cathy below.

Cathy - How's the bicep DOMS doing:p? How was your run yesterday?Glad everyone enjoyed Wits and Wagers. LOL about the PP and cheeseburger comment:eek::D! The sad part is that there's no point in coming down on newbie cuz bosshole thinks she's awesome and hads told me that he really doesn't want to hear it and thinks I'm being petty and mean. I can drop *hints* about stuff here and there but anything more than that and I get accused of being "mean"...whatever:rolleyes:. I smile and say "yes sir" and "I love what I do" and have to let it go.

Judy - Ya saw that above^^^ right? I've got my first run back tomorrow. I'll be ready!!! Did you end up going for that run yesterday or did you change it up? How's your foot doing by the way? Mom and grandma leave today. DSO and I will be celebrating Christmas together on New Year's Eve...still working on getting the day off for that one, though.

Laura - I hope you had a great 8 miler today!

Carole - LOL about PITA getting tools. Now, I would be thrilled with that gift but somehow I don't think that's her speed;). Glad to hear that D behaved himself. DSO was back to normal last night:D. I think a rather snide remark that I made earlier in the day sunk in. Ooo, love BBW! What's your fave? Oh, brrrrrr, how was that chilly run? I can't even imagine 8 miles *after* MM:eek:!!!

Dallas - Wow, hope you all survived that terrible ice! Sorry to hear of all the sicklings in the house:(. Sending mucho {{{VIBES}}} your way! Wow, you had quite the late night there Santa:eek:. LOL about the older kids waking up at 3...I remember doing stuff like that when I was a kid:eek:. Glad you had a good workout with Providence.

Christine - LMBO about DS and pumpkin pie!!! I hope you enjoyed the day with dad. Oooo, MM as a circuit? Now *that* sounds like an awesome workout! ITA with ya about it all being over soon. I actually open my fridge with dread right now at the sight of all the leftovers:eek:.

Brighton - My DSO actually brought up Erik's accident last night as he had seen it on the news. It was heartbreaking for me to tell him that he was a friend of my Cheetah family...{{{{HUGS}}}} sweetie. I hope that DIY spa night helped to ease some of the stress for you.

Hi to all the rest of the Cheetahs visiting the den today:D!

So that's my little novel for this morning...gotta get moving and off to work. Hope to be back tonight! Have a great weekend!

Good morning, cheetahs!

Wendi—*lol* You do not suck at all!!…This one is quite challenging (well, for me) to figure out! :D Is it “The Wassail Song”?...I’m glad you could enjoy some time with your mom, GM, and DSO…I did a little online shopping for fitness stuff—you know, just doing my civic responsibility of keepin' the economy goin' ;) :D—but no, no venturing out for me, either...No more biceps DOMS as of this morning, but yesterday I sure was a-hurtin’!! I’m just shakin’ my head at bosshole…*cues up Johnny Paycheck*

Christine—well, we’re all a little weird in our own way, I’d say. :D How was downtown San Jose?

Brighton—On a couple of ski forums that I visit, there’s been a lot of chatter about the avalanche danger out there. Recently, I read a rescuer’s account of the 27-year-old woman who perished at Snowbird. So very horrifying. I sure hope there are brighter days ahead for you.

Dallas—oh, the poor kids. Hope they are on the mend and your driving experience wasn’t too harrowing. Driving in ice absolutely UNHINGES me!...I don’t mind Anthony’s personality—I think the no-nonsense approach from him is kinda hawt, actually. :D Sorry I missed the link and info you previously shared, but hey, I’m probably better off not knowing what any of it is—no temptation then! *lol*

Wendy—Nice job pullin’ through the Goddess premix and Imax3 blasts. I lost a similar battle with the lazies…but it felt absolutely wonderful! *lol* That’s great that your work schedule will be back to the way you want it. So, what made the 2nd half of your shift crazy? Bet you have some interesting tales to tell. How many hours long are your shifts?

Linda—After hearing such good things, I went ahead and ordered CLX along with the new Squeezes and a PowerStrike!

I ended up not running yesterday. Not even yoga. It sounded good in the morning, but then I just had the most glorious day in my PJs the entire day, doing nothing but watching movies back-to-back and reading. Pure sloth! I don’t think most hardcore peeps would understand it, but every so often, after a stretch of nonstop hustle & bustle and mental overstimulation, a day like this is so utterly fantastic and indulgent. It is kind of a mental health thing for me. Anyway, I’ll run today and explore the new yoga vid.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Good Morning.

Ok, I got up after 7 this morning. I was SUPPOSED to get up more like er...6!!! OOPS!

I want to hit get my run in early so I can get back home and relax a bit before going back to take my final required class for the month (Centergy). I would normally bang 'em out one after the other but I don't want to take DS to the gym for over 2 hours so I am leaving him home while I run. That being said, I'd rather have time to come home and chill before taking him back with me for the class then to come home and turn right back around. I'll need to get my butt in gear SOON if I want things to happen that way. :eek:

Wendi: Obviously bosshole is dilusional, huh? :rolleyes: Glad mom and g'ma stayed on a bit longer. Sounds like the 4 of you had a nice dinner together. I still find it so funny that you live right in the area where my mom lived/worked when she was up there. Such a small world.

Alrighty...my time is up but I'll be back! DH has plans with friends today and is going to be gone from early afternoon until after midnight most likely so I'll have LOTS OF TIME on my hands. I will be devoting some of it to playing DS' new games with him but beyond that I have no plans so you may be seeing a lot of me. LOL

BBL.

Morning Cathy.

Posting at the same time! I get the sloth mode thing. Trust me, I can be a sloth but it usually occurs right here in front of the computer. LOL If I am in the right mood, I could sit here for HOURS uselessly surfing the net and such. Also, don't forget about my daily naps and I DO laze out with DH or DS on the couch at times as well. :) Good for you for giving yourself that time. Everyone deserves a chance to relax like that now and again.
My shift was crazy b/c I had lots of kids at the end of the morning when I was by myself for an hour. YIKES. Thank goodness they were mostly older kids and well behaved. Being alone with babies and toddlers can be a NIGHTMARE! :eek: My shifts are only 3 hours a piece. I was actually considering looking for a job at a regular daycare so I could get more hours....I must be out of my cotton-pickin' mind! LMAO! :p
So what did Santa bring you? Did you get anything SKI related? :) Speaking of skiing, DH said we will see if we can hit the slopes in January. YAY! I'm all set now that I have my U/A gear! I hope we can go. :D

HI Friends

Wendi- With all the literal running you do at work, I'm sure getting your mileage up will not be a problem. Aw, it was nice that you had a chance to have a relaxing evening with Dmom, g'ma and DSO. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get time off for New Years.

Cathy- A day of unstructured R& R can be therapeutic. Thankfully you had a chance to indulge.

Wendy- I missed the killer WO you did yesterday, but I may go back to look out of curiosity. Have fun playing with Joey today and at class.

Christine- We are bombarded with leftovers too. I am hoping DD23 can sneak some frozen stuffed shells into her suitcase today. She leaves at 11:00 this morning.

Shelly- How are you managing there with your furry friends? Will DH be back today?

Dallas- I hope you managed well in the icy driving conditions. I rather like Anthony's approach. However, i am not a fan of the warm up set in Newport where he does deep side to side lungeswith the KB. I have to do those without a KB until my legs get warm enough.

Today is Cardio Coach Press Play Saturday. Since I have done my runs for the week, I'll be using the bike. Yesterday's pre yoga run was 4.6 miles with a 40" iTread. I added 5 sprints of 30 seconds on & 30 seconds rest at the end.

Last edited:
Wendy—oh, cool that someone gets it—thanks!...Oh my, a roomful of babies and tots?? That is probably 3 hours more than I could handle!! *lol* about bein’ out of your cotton-pickin’ mind...Oh, I forgot to answer your question from earlier. I only exchange gifts with my immediate family and feel very spoiled this year…I even got a present from my sister's dogs! :eek: *lol*...I received a 19” flatscreen TV, an iPod dock, yoga DVD, new headphones (sorely needed!), a running hat (same design as my avatar), battery extender for my cell phone, and a CD. My students were very generous, too—lots of home-baked treats, soaps, teas, and a few gift cards. I didn’t receive any ski gear, but I did GIVE ski gear to my DSis and BIL. I bought her the goggles she wanted, and for him, I bought U/A gear: a shirt, socks, and face mask. He actually couldn't make it to the festivities because he's been down with a nasty bug, but DSis said he was stoked about it...Tell me again: which mountain do you go to? You are definitely ready with your new gear!...Aww, have fun breakin’ in Joey’s new toys.

Judy—enjoy CCPP with the bike.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...we did brave the stores yesterday. Walmart was by far the worst. I got a nice iPod pkg at Circuit City and DH got some nice clothes from a great sale at Sears. My fav from BBW is Moonlight Path. I have used Sensual Amber a few times too. I did not do MM legs yesterday just decided for the 8 miler in the cold! The new top helped a lot to keep me warm. (see my post to Cathy below)

Cathy...I got a nice warm Nike top from Sports Authority with some X-mas money so that helped tremendously yesterday, just my face was cold!! I ended up getting a Nano (8G) and the sweet girl at Circuit City gave me the same deal I saw online (got the armband and wall charger too) so I was pleased. I remembered we were entitled to some iPod workouts with the yearly nutrition program purchase. What is CLX? I think yesterday sounded like a great day for you. I love just watching movies back to back, we did that somewhat after shopping yesterday. Watched Tropic Thunder last night. Tom Cruise had me cracking up with his dancing!! Enjoy your run and yoga today.

Wendy...looks like you scored some great X-mas gifts. The chilly run was not bad, always better with friends! Hope you enjoy your time without DH.

Judy...Enjoy CC PP with the bike.

Dallas...My fav from BBW is Moonlight Path, one of my clients got me 4 things (3 lotions and the spray) and I was in heaven!! I will check out other scents whenever I go in but always come back to my fav.

Christine...Lucky jeans 50% off is right up my alley. Too bad we don't have a store here...:)...I was thinking about you when my sister got some Ugg's with her X-mas bonus. It did warm up later yesterday but that was a brisk run. Sounds like you are enoying the holiday with your Dad.

Brighton...I always look forward to the New Year being better when there has been some emotional stressful things going on....:)

Today will be a KPC/L&G premix, maybe warming up on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Didn't get here yesterday. Just too much to do and also wanted to visit with my sis and her family before they headed back to MI this morning. This will be a quickie because I need to get ready for my run with the RP this morning.

I did scan the posts and looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas. My tofurkey turned out well. I had a few that wanted to try it out. Some liked it and some not. I told them it wasn't for meat eaters and I made it so that I would have something. I cut Carole's recipe to a 1/4 and it was enough for me. I will make it again.

I haven't tried the boxing bag and gloves out yet. I just haven't had time. I gave DBF a Wii for Christmas and everyone's been having fun playing with it. Now, I want one for myself. :D

I'll try and get back later if I can. DBF and I have a black tie function to attend tonight. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. So, I'll see how I feel after a short run and see how the day goes.

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!

Hiya Cheetahs!!

Brighton – Hope 2009 is a better year for you! The leg workouts I do is not all hard core – one of them is a total body and they tend to be lighter on the legs.:p

Dallas – snow is one thing, but ice is completely different! Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon and that your trip to the docs was a safe one!! I love Providence, too. Sounds like you got in quite the workout yesterday!

Wendy – glad you are getting the schedule you want!! How was Christmas with mom and her SO? You know Lucky’s is having their annual 50% off sale, right? You’ll get more jeans for your gift card!! Sounds like you got a nice stash!! I love New Years day as it’s like a blank slate – the start of a new year and a time to start over. :p I don't have your will power during the holidays!

Wendi – I think Christmas is over and time to move on. :p So don't worry about the thread title. :rolleyes: Sounds like you had a wonderful night last night!! I’m sure the horses love jogging with you. I love putting the total body workouts that are clear cut into a circuit – like Power Hour… I will probably be doing that a lot this next month just trying to get the weight off. I also open the fridge with dread!

Cathy – San Jose was nice. They have “Christmas in the Park” which a lot of different groups sponsor trees and decorate them in different ways. It was fun to see the different trees. We then stopped by and had a cocktail at a local restaurant. It was a nice day. Not sure what we’re doing today. Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday!

Judy – Good luck getting the stuffed shells on the plane with DD23!!! Hope she has a safe flight. Enjoy the bike ride! That sounds good. If not today, then tomorrow.

Carole – WOW! You braved the stores? The lines to our local mall were longer than they were the day before Christmas! We have a back way in, but I was not about to deal with parking and stuff! Lucky Jeans 50% off can be had at www.luckyjeans.com. :p I love my new Uggs – they are dressier than the normal ones and look great with jeans. I got these - http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7329357/color/72. http://zeta.zappos.com/multiview/7329357/72

Jackie – nice of you to give a WII to DBF for Christmas!! I’ve been hearing they are a blast. Hope you’re not coming down with a cold! How’s DBIL?

Well, yesterday I ended up doing HSTA. Today will probably be a run with Jimmy, unless DH takes him, then it will be a bike ride. Tomorrow is DD’s birthday, so we’re going to the San Francisco Zoo (we promise not to tease any animals), then dinner will be Sushi – her choice. :p I ate better yesterday so I have a lot more energy today! YEAH! I’m looking forward to getting out and moving.

Morning Ladies!

Oh, I do like Providence. I guess I've gotten used to Tony and his silliness like "I think I ripped my pants." LOL :D I have some nice much needed lower body DOMS from my workouts y-day! :) AND my hip did great with it all! Yippee! I think I'm making progress. It seems when I add running in, that's not the case, unfortunately. :( I'll remain patient. I do think Kb's will be great for my lower body until I can lift traditional weights. :) I have not worked out yet, my OCD kicked in and we've been finding homes for all the kids toys, etc., then one thing lead to another. The kids are vacuuming their rooms while I took a teensy break. ;) I'll do cardio, upper body only ;) and stretch at some point today.

The roads weren't too bad when I went out. TG! We ended up with two kids with pink eye, ear infection, and DS5 is now on Singular. We will continue to nebulize, but only with Pulmicort is lungs were clear. :) He said no outside play. Then I said, "Oh, for a couple of days..." He said, "No, for the rest of the year." :eek: DS5 started crying. Now I see where he goes into bronchial spasms after playing outside. I always knew it was weather induced, but didn't realize actually playing in the snow would do this. :rolleyes: I'm not sure I can keep him while the rest of the kids are out.:confused: Overall, it sounds like a lot, but it's nothing serious and we won't be contagious after tomorrow. :)

I'll be back with personals.

Last edited:
Christine ~ Happy Birthday to DD! I love sushi, but then I start thinking about it and can't eat it. :confused: lol Enjoy your run or bike ride.

Jackie ~ You need to get a Wii. We've been playing Mario Kart...so much fun even if I end up in 12th place. :p enjoy your run.

Carole ~ I can't remember that scent. Enjoy your workout! You went shopping y-day? :eek: Oh, I got a great price on the jeans too! I think everyone had huge sales this year. :)

Cathy ~ You made out like a bandit this year. :) Oh, we won't be getting that machine right now. I have some news, but rather not put it on here. I'll pop into the yahoo group. :confused: I completely understand your need to just rest and watch movies. I've had a hard time sticking with the workouts too because of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Hope you enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

Judy ~ Oh, I won't be going as low as anthony. I previewed Newport. :eek: Nice workouts lately. Did you see my previous links re: that CCPP? CC has suspended sales of their workouts. Check out the website.

Wendi ~ Glad you had some chill time. I think we all need it, to get recharged before we start back in with the daily grind. You work so incredibly hard.

Wendy ~ I slept in until 8A! :eek: When I heard the clock bonging 8 x's, I was like :eek: I wanted to be worked out and ready to tackle this house with the kids. So, change of plans for me. I'll work out later. DH and I didn't exchange gifts. In fact, this is the second year. We've been doing house stuff, so it works out well. Well, don't buy from eBay re: AOS DVDs. I bought Friepower from eBay and it was copied! :( He had 100% feedback. :confused: Now the sale is over. Oh well.

Brighton ~ be careful out there. It's going to be in the 60's here. :eek: However, all the rain last night and tomorrow's falling temps will make for slick conditions here. I do not like that ice. You can't even walk in parking lots. :eek:

Well, ladies I'm caught up and I think the kids finished. I'll have to see what else we can put away. ;) If you can keep the family in your prayers. I know, I know...I won't say much here, as I told Cathy I'll post on yahoo.

~TTFN

Hey everyone!

Christine - I am glad the party was a smash hit! That is great! Awww…the turkey in the oven and relaxing sounds great! Good job on your HSTA yesterday! Okay…as long as you “promise” not to tease the animals! ;) JK! Have fun! Happy BD to your DD!

Gloria - Hi there!!!!

Judy - You have a good memory! Good job on the 5.5 mile run and the 4.6 miler!….and enjoy your PP bike workout, today!

Brighton - Oh my goodness! That is sooo horrible! On both accounts! What happened to your friend’s little one? Have I missed that somewhere! That is so sad about your friend getting killed. L I am so sorry L

Wendy - I don’t blame you for not getting up at 4:30 yesterday! ! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Glad Joey is feeling some better! You asked what I got for Christmas….I got a gift certificate to Collage, one to Dick’s and , some boots, a pocket book, my DD took me to that concert and to dinner for her present to me. And a lot of nice odds and ends! J Enjoy your run today!

Wendi - Yes! It did remind me of your “roommate”! I hope you have a good day at work, despite the new girl! I am glad you had a little bit of down time with your Grandmother and mother. Good job on jogging the trips around the farm! That definitely counts! You are physically busy every day, anyway….so you have a big advantage over me….I sit on my behind for 10 hours a day! :O I haven’t braved any sales, either!

Cathy - Oooo! I did 4DS Bi’s and Tri’s today! I hope I have some bicep DOMS! But I probably won’t cause I didn’t go real heavy! I am glad you like the Perfect Pushups! I have been on the fence about getting them. I may have to! I agree 100% on the 4DS! I love them!! Enjoy your run (with your new headphones! Woohoo!) and yoga! Oh my! You ordered a lot! I hope you really like them! I love the new PS and Squeezes! I do think I will like Chalene! I will feel guilty if you don’t!!! Oh man! I want a day to lay around in my PJ’s and watch movies! That would be heaven!

Carole - Enjoy your EXT and KPC/L&G premix! My favorite from BBW is Moonlight Path, also! My friend got me some more for Christmas! I love, love it!

Posh - Hey there, Ca. gal!

Shelly - I hope you are having a good holiday and weekend! Did you get in a good "sweaty" long run?

Jackie - I am glad your torfurkey turned out well and that you had a good Christmas! I hope you enjoyed your run today! I hope you feel better before your Black Tie event! Have fun!

Dallas - I love Providence, too! I wish there were more time in a day, so that I could do my KB workouts…and still do my others! J

Laura - I hope you had a wonderful 8 mile run!

Well, the above a lot of the posts above were yesterday’s L I got interrupted, so I am going to just continue today J

We were supposed to leave for our vacation this morning, but our flight was cancelled. The soonest they could get us another flight is tomorrow at 2:26. The flight from Chicago to Vegas is the one that got cancelled. We were sooo mad! But, Now I don’t care so much, as I get to visit with family a while longer!

Well, yesterday I did Kelly Coffey Myers new kickbox workout (the long premix) and 4DS B&T’s. I really enjoyed it and it is a really good workout….but oh my gosh! I hurt my back so bad that I could barely stand it all yesterday and last night. It is a little better today, but not much. Today I did Amy Bento’s ASC 2 and then the foam roller. It felt better for a little while today , but now it is hurting again. I guess where I have done nothing but run for the past several months, that I should have taken it easier with the back kicks?? Lord have mercy ...it hurts! :(

I will talk to you guys in around a week! I hope everyone has a really good week!

Linda

Dallas - I will definitely keep your family in my prayers! I hope your DS5 does okay with all of the meds and that it isn't too hard on him not playing outside!

Last edited:
Hi Cheetahs!

Wendi: So glad to hear you will be able to workout again soon! :)

Cathy: You scored some goodies for Christmas! Your day yesterday sounds nice and relaxing. :)

Wendy: Playing games with DS sounds like a good day! :)

Judy: Great workouts!

Carole: I love new workout clothes! KPC/LG is such a good workout!

Jackie: Have a great time at the function tonight! Glad you got to be with your family for the holiday. :)

Christine: Sounds like you are having a blast this holiday! My BF got me Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. I'm looking forward to reading it. I have not forgotten about sharing my student's piece. I went to go get it yesterday, but they have not plowed the parking lot and there is no way my car will get in there. I am impressed you are still getting in all the workouts! :)

Dallas: You are one busy mama! :) It is 50 degrees here today and raining. We were blasted with snow right before Christmas. My BF is having some ITB issues and she can't run either. She is just walking right now. It is hard to be patient. Rest up there little sweetie!

Linda: You are so positive about the flight being cancelled! I am sorry your back is hurting. :(

Shelly: How are you doing?

Boy have I been busy! We had a nice Christmas. Got mom to the airport and she arrived safely in MD after being delayed in Detroit. The weather here has been terrible! The weather was so bad the day I had to take my mom to the airport that I asked DH to drive us. I am not exaggerating when I say that we saw at least 15 cars in the ditch.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the card exchange! I loved getting my Cheetah cards! :)

I do have to tell you that I woke up Christmas morning at Dh's parent's house and I thought of all you and I was upset because I hadn't wished you all a Merry Christmas. I'm glad that we made it home in time so I could post a quick message.

I have not seen my favorite Christmas movie this year and it is really driving me crazy! DH too, we love it. I think I will have to buy it off Amazon or something. :mad:

I'm pretty chatty eh? Guess I missed you gals! Haven't worked out much, but did run 5 miles today.

Hope everyone is having a super day! :)

Good Afternoon Girls.

Well, I ran 6 miles this morning. I used one of my Itreads and then added on some extra time on at the end to reach the 6 mile mark. Now I'm arguing with myself about doing a possible (short) KB work out. I'll let you know who wins! :D:p

Gloria: Sorry you missed your fave Christmas movie this year. Glad you had a nice holiday though and that you and DH got home safely from dropping your mom at the airport. When does she return from MD? Good job on the 5 miler!

Linda: Sending healing vibes for your back! Glad you had a happy holiday with lots o nice gifts too boot! So do you have any vids in mind for that Collage g/c you got?? :D

Dallas: Sorry about the copied AOS dvd. I purchased the Timesaver dvd from an amazon seller not too long ago and it was a copy. I returned it and they gave me my money back. Phew. I have to say I've never been ripped off on Ebay, thank goodness. How bad is the copy? Will you use it or do you need to replace it?

Christine: A 50% off sale at Lucky stores!? Someone hold me back! Perhaps if I am motivated later I'll take DS to the mall with me! *insert evil grin here* Thanks for the heads up! :) Love your Uggs, btw!

Carole: Glad your chilly run went well. Enjoy KPC/L&G! Which premix are you doing?

Judy: Yesterday I did KB Godess' Cardio and Endurance w/o plus blasts 6-10 of Imax 3. Short but to the point! ;) Nice job with the extra sprinting at the end of the ITread y'day. Enjoy CCPP on the bike!

Cathy: Nice scores for Christmas yourself there girl. I especially like the flat screen tv! I'm workin' on getting a flat screen for my work out room. I'd love it to be mounted to the wall too! :cool: The hat sounds way cool too as I love your avitar. As for skiing...I can't even remember the name of the mountain we went to last year. :confused: There are 2 places up north off of route 23. They are down the road from one another. We went to the smaller one...Mountain Creek perhaps??? DH would know but he's not home....DH thinks I should stay close to home until I am a bit better of a skier. I can see why...I was wiped out after only a couple hours on the learners slope last season!:eek: So are any ski plans coming together for you while you are off for winter vaca?

Okay, I've decided that the me that wants to do the KB work out is going to win.:p It will be a short one but I want to get it in while I can. With my AC trip coming up fast and possibly being down there from Wednesday evening through Sunday, it could be a good 4-5 day stretch of no weight work outs at all! :eek: In addition, running has to take priority from now on if I hope to cross the finish line in May so whenever I can make a weight work out of any kind happen, I am going to try my hardest to take advantage of it no matter how short it is. :)

That being said, I'm off to get 'er done.

BBIAB!:)

Last edited:
KB Goddess' Upper Body (20 mins) and Weber's Extreme Upper Body Blast (10 mins) work outs are done. 30 mins of u/b kb heaven...or torture depending upon how you look at it! :p

Carole—very cool about your iPod package! To my surprise, I will need a new workout armband for mine. It looks like it’d be about the same size as my old Nano, but it is not…CLX is Chalean Extreme from Beachbody…Oh, I saw that one in theaters and totally forgot about Tom Cruise being in it. You’re right, the dancing at the end had me bustin’ a gut…I like BBW's stuff, too. Especially Cucumber Melon and Tropical Passionfruit, but in the winter, I am all about Slice of Heaven from Victoria’s Secret.

Jackie—glad you had folks at least willing to try something new. The Wii is fun. Hope you can nip that cold with any luck & enjoy yourself tonight. Did the short run help any?

Christine—bet the Christmas in the Park was cool. I’ve seen that done before with cow statues. Oh oops, sorry if the extended caroling titles annoyed you. Sounds like a fun day planned for DD’s 16th. Enjoy!

Dallas—LMBO about Tony’s pants-rippin’ comment. Yeah, they’re pretty different, aren’t they? Oh that’s a shame the lil guy can’t get out in the snow. That's a total bummer for him...Welllll, ya know, my sister and I don’t have children. If we did, I am sure the focus would be there, but instead, we spoil one another a little. ;) :)

Linda—So sorry your flight was cancelled and you overdid it with your back. Ouch! Maybe taking it easy and floating in the pool in LV will do the trick. :) Hope you have a wonderful & relaxing time. Will you be out there mainly to gamble?...I guess the Perfect Pushups helped with the DOMS, too, but I really toasted it on a couple of the exercises (as mentioned, going heavier than Cathe) and barely made it through the sets!! The headphones were AWESOME. I had Sennheisers before, and they are the best ones IMO for staying put in your ears. It was so great to have crisp, clear, consistent sound for change!...I did order a lot, didn't I? :eek: :) I didn’t realize you had the new PS’s, too. I got the one for the lower body. It looked good. I’m sure I will like the new Squeezes. Don’t feel guilty at all—if I really hate CLX, I will go for the 30-day money-back guarantee.

Gloria—ack! Don’t blame you for not wanting to be behind the wheel for that white-knuckle drive to the airport. Nice job on today’s run.

Wendy—thanks re: my avatar and hat. Mountain Creek sounds familiar—I don’t know it, but I think that’s the one you went to last year. I do remember you saying that you wanted more time on the local mountain before you considered skiing New England. Understandable. So far, it doesn’t look like anything will happen for next week. It’s been hard to coordinate schedules with the few friends & family members who ski. Hopefully a trip or two will come together this season.

I enjoyed a short run (2 miles) in rather warm temps (50-ish) followed by BOSU Ski Conditioning workout (had fun with that one) and the new Athlete’s Guide to Yoga DVD I received for Christmas. Did the Opening the Hips segment. Like this one a lot!! Very versatile. (Thanks, Christine, for the rec!)

Last edited:
Good evening ladies!

So I have an awesome idea for tomorrow morning:D...just don't tell the bosshole;). Since I'm going to have a huge lag-time between the morning barn chores and when I can start on my riding list I'm going to go in an hour early to feed and muck stalls then sneak home and head out for a nice 3-4 miler (or however far I can go *lol*) then clean up and head back out to work. I'm psyched that I actually get to run in daylight and it's going to be really warm here (about 50 or so) so it should be a nice run:D. Can ya tell I'm just a tad excited???

Unfortunately, I did get a bit of bad news in that I can't take NYE off and am forced to take Monday instead:(...I hope DSO can take the day off on such short notice or our "Christmas" will have to wait til sometime the *following* week...sigh, oh well, can't have everything.

Alrighty, 'nough complaining...there are people dealing with far worse...

Cathy - Ya see, though, the thread titles are supposed to be *obvious* not challenging LOL;)...but you are indeed correct:D. LOL about stimulating the economy and Johnny Paycheck!!! Glad you were able to take a much needed, and very well-deserved mental health day....AAAHHHH! It was a perfect day for a run today, eh? Nice mish mosh you put together there! WOW, did you come away with some *NICE* scores from Santa!

Wendy - OMG, three hours with babies:eek::confused::eek::confused:?!?!?! I wouldn't last 3 minutes...you are a better woman than I, that is for sure! Sounds like today was the perfect day for ya to sleep in a little and boy did you put all that energy to good use:eek:! Great job on the run *and* the KBs! I think playing games with DS sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. I completely agree about it being a small world. While in college I worked on a theater production with a kid from Finland who I later found out was good friends with an *extremely* rich kid from Greece (as in Greek "royalty" just about) who was an on-again/off-again client of bosshole's who went to Florida with us the last time we went. Did that make any sense? In other words, wacky coincidence that uber-rich Greek guy and I both knew the same person from Finland:eek:...I just found that kind of wacky.

Judy - Great idea to use the bike for CCPP today! I'll bet it was quite the workout! I'm not *too* concerned with my cardiovascular conditioning...it's more that I'm worried about keeping my PF at bay and not aggrevating it while increasing. Thanks for the crossed fingers but it doesn't look like I'm going to get it...*shrugs*. I guess I'll have to figure out plan F...since I've already exhausted plans A-E;).

Carole - I can't blame ya for skipping MM. Glad your cold weather gear kept ya toasty. How long is the cold supposed to hang around? Hope you had a good workout with KPC/L&G...love those premixes!!! Oh, you are one VERY brave woman to have ventured into Walmart:eek:! Oh, I love the smell of Moonlight Path in the bottle, but I can't wear it unfortunately...not nice on me:confused:. I'm partial to Midnight Pomegranate, Coconut Lime Verbena and the Black Currant Vanilla Aromatherapy. Can ya tell that I'm in that store quite often:p?

Jackie - Glad to hear that your tofurkey was a success. That's great that you were able to get a bunch of people to try it. Nice to hear that you were able to visit sis and family. How is your BIL? Hope you had a good run but went a little easy if you really do feel like you're coming down with something. Ooooh, have fun there tonight, Chic Cheetah...I'm sure you'll look smashing!

Christine - Ah, HSTA is always a goodie! I almost broke that one out tonight cuz I had a bit o' extra energy but decided against it because I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry that ain't gonna do itself. Glad to hear that your energy levels ar back on the rise...it's sooooo true that eating good does make you *feel* good! Have fun tomorrow and Happy B-day to DD..sounds like a fun day!

Dallas - Glad to hear that you are a DOMS'n today:D...nice! Gosh, sending oodles and oodles of get well {{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} and prayers onto your household...sheesh! You're right, when it rains it pours:(.

Linda - Oh, owchies:(!!! Hoping your back sttles down for ya so you can fully enjoy your vacay! So sorry about your flight:confused:. I hope tomorrow's flight gets off without a hitch. Like you said, at least you get to spend the time with family:).

Gloria - So glad you had a nice Christmas! Oh my, it sounds like you've really had some wicked weather out there! So I have to ask...what *is* your favorite Christmas movie? Great job on the 5 miler today!

Gonna say hi to the rest of Cheetahville and call it a night. I have a few things to get done around here before I cozy up in bed. I probably won't get back here until tomorrow evening so I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Nightie night!

Last edited:
Cathy: Nice work out you had today. You touched on a little of everything. Glad you enjoyed your new yoga dvd. Sorry you are having trouble setting up a ski trip. I am sure you won't let the season go by with out getting SOMETHING together though. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.