#~#~WEEKEND CHALLENGERS#~##~

idream

Cathlete
Hi girls.

I'm feeling much better today! Thank heavens for that! Still not 100% but at least I was out of bed!! Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll start back with the exercise. So BIG Challenge for me!

I'm watching the Olympics and Australia's just won medals in the rowing, so I'm all puffed up like a silly "old thing" and proud!

Speaking of proud, you guys must be really proud of Michael PHELPS. He's amazing, and I might add, has a great body!;)

Have a great weekend and hopefully, I'm back NOW!!

See ya!

Good Morning,

Tonite is KPC wanted to get house cleaned before DH got home so I didn't wo this morning and he is already home so house cleaning is going to have to wait. I need some encouragement girls. I have worked out 12 out of 14 days stayed within my calories and the scale and tape measure are not reflecting anything I have done I am alittle discouraged need some pep talks.

Andrea-glad to hear you are feeling better enjoy the olympics they have been really fun.

Everyone else have a great weekend.

Roxie-{{{{{Hugs}}}} Believe me i KNOW what your going through! Ive been stuck at the same weight(ten lbs up and down,right now im down..still want to lose alot more weight)over the past year! First off,CONGRATS on the two weeks of perfect eating and workouts! That in its self is a huge accomplishment!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Keep going,sometimes it take longer than two weeks for changes to happen!I lost 33lbs doing WW last year and the scale showed no change for two weeks,then on that third weigh in...i was down four lbs! Do you allow yourself cheat meals,or days? Those help me SO MUCH mentally!! Im sending you some supportive-kick a$$ vibes:)

Andrea-Yep,micheal phelps can take me swimming any ol'time;);) Im so glad to hear your feeling better!!!! High fives on Autralia's gold medals!!!

My TM cardio was a good one! I went 3.7 miles! Did 15minutes with slowly increasing my powerwalk speed then 4-five minute intervals of running & powerwalking,then finished with slowly decreasing my powerwalking for 15minutes....felt great! I increased my speed a bit too! My calves are sore from GS legs last week so now there screaming:confused:

Ok,everybody have a great saturday!

Roxie - Don't get discouraged, Stay with it YOU WILL SEE RESULTS!! It for some unknown reason best known to god (who, in these cases turns into a MAN!) the weight needs to cling for a few weeks and then, one morning, you will get up, put a pair of jeans on and BAM! They are loose!

STAY WITH IT!! GIVE YOURSELF A BIG PAT ON THE BACK! AND KEEP GOING!

I stuck to a six week programme (1st and only time in my LIFE :D) It took 4 weeks to see any kind of change. Actually it may have taken a little longer, I can't remember now, any way, stick to your challenge! YOU CAN DO IT WOMAN!

Hello all!!!!

Andrea, so glad to hear you are feeling better! WTG to Australia for the gold in rowing! Did you see Michael Phelps last night?!?!? That was the single most amazing thing I have seen in Olympics history! Talk about a close finish. He is awesome!

Roxie, if I recall correctly, you don't have much weight to lose? The last few pounds are tough, tough, tough. I recently decided to stop obsessively weighing myself and just continue my workouts and eat like I should (most of the time ;) ) It has helped my attitude tremendously. I am not so focused on those last 5 pounds and I am enjoying my WO's more. It will come off. Just give it time! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! (consider yourself pepped! ;) )

Amelia, great job on the TM!!!! Did you do GS C&T yesterday? My tris are still screaming at me and those push-ups! Is she serious?!?!? That was just pure craziness right there!

Today I did KPC. That is such a fun WO! Tomorrow is a rest day and I am ready for it. I have not taken a rest day since before the RT. My muscles need a nap!

Have a great weekend all!

Morning girls

Becca-I did GS t&c last week sometime and OMG,I couldn't agree with your more about the pushups:confused: My DH was in the room when i was doing the pushups and looked at him and said...is she serious? LOL Glad to see you checkin in:)

My calves are still very sore,but my workout for today is MM and i will do it this afternoon! Im dropping my kids off for the day at my moms house so the house will be nice and quiet later! Its nice for them to get out of the house and for dh and i to have some quiet time together!

Hey to everybody that follows!

Back on track day for me....back to counting those stinking calories and journaling...ugh!

Good Morning,

Today is a rest day for me will do a stretch later and when DH leaves for the week I will go for a walk haven't done that this summer did it everyday last summer. I have decided to add the TM on my wt days I think I need more cardio. Thanks for all your support, I'm glad I have people to talk to that understand what I am going through. I can feel and see differences just not showing up on scale or tape.

Becca-I watched the swimming Phelps is incredible and I'm glad his team mates helped him out. Enjoy your rest day, I did KPC last nite but didn't finish the last two combos I got bored for some reason.

Amelia-I considered yesterday a cheat day and stay within my calorie count.

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. After my last work, I expected to wake up with DOMS, but instead I woke up with a crick in my neck. It took 2 days to go away. Glad it's gone. Yesterday I got to go meet up with a fellow Catheite. She was moving her son into a college near me so I went there and meet her family and had dinner. It was great seeing her again. I had just seen her on the July RT so it hadn't been that long, but it was still nice to see her. This morning I made myself get back into work out mode. Took each of the dogs for 1 1/2 mile jog, so it was about 40 minutes for the 3 miles. I don't think speed will ever be a strong point for me. I don't know how those olympians do it. Run 26 miles in 2 1/2 hours. That is just total amazing. I've been enjoying the swimming too, both the mens and womens. Dara Torres is amazing and the fact she is 41 just goes to show age is not a limiting factor. My challenge for the week is to get out of bed and workout. My lifetime challenge: to run faster, LOL

Andrea, so glad to hear you are feeling better. What you had sounds awful. And for both of you to get it at the same time. Hope the children don't get it.

Roxie, hang in there. Give it another week and see if you have a loss. Drink lots of water. I know when I do a lot of weight work, my body holds water. I guess to repair the muscle. Drinking more helps flush it out. If after a week, you still don't see a loss, then change one thing, like adding more cardio (which I think you said you were going to do any way) or adding more vegatables, dropping a starch. things like that. Some times our bodies get used to what we are eating and doing and think they don't need to respond. Make a small change, and it's like a wake-up call.

Amelia, great job on the TM workout. Hope you hear back about the interview soon.

Becca, sounds like you had a great time on the RT. Loved your pictures. I think I have that same green nike tank that you are wearing in one of the pictures or at least one that is very similar.

Elaine, and Andrea H hope all is well with you. Hi to anyone I forgot.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.