+~+~Tuesday Melting Pot~+~+

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning Melty Ones!

I'm done my run - 6 miles. No idea what my time was. Somewhere under 60 minutes. I really didn't want to get up this morning, but we're expecting more snow today (oh yay) and I know I'll have to shovel when I get home, so there won't be time to work out.

Lainie - your boys and the cardboard box must be adorable:) Isn't it great how you spend $3000 on toys for them, but they really just want to play with a plastic bag and your shoe?

Leanne - glad to see you back! I'm glad you enjoyed Vegas and the show.

Tneah - I'd have to agree with TK about the liability factor with Captain Morgan!

TK - great to have you back! We missed you :) How cold was it for your outside runs? It's too darn cold here to run outside. Thank heavens for treadmills!

All right, off to the shower with my stinky self.

Morning Shelley and others who are melting.

Yeah Shelley, we are expecting that storm today too. I'm soooo glad to be at home today and not have to worry about the drive home. I was supposed to meet my retired friend for lunch today, but she called and rescheduled yesterday due to the forecast. You really are clocking in the miles. How does your hip feel after 6 miles?

tneah, LOL at Capt. V. Morgan. He sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song. I was telling my DH about your boat and the captain. He was very impressed with you owning a boat that has a crew. I feel like I'm rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous when I chat with you!

Leanne, I doubt if you'll see this, since it is your busy day, but have a good one. I'm glad you enjoyed the Vegas get away. Don't stress about the eating or missed workouts. It's history now.

Laine, your boys and their box sound so cute.

TK, I had to LOL at you kicking a few tires on boats. My DD and DGS are going to the shore for a week. They are going to NC with her boyfriends family. Her boyfriend is at Fort Bragg and will have 4 days of leave before being deployed to Afghanistan. I love the ocean, no matter what the season.

I'm going to skip a workout today and give my knee a chance to rest after yesterday. I'm going to shampoo a carpet, which may be pretty much of a workout. Hi to Emily, Shannon, Michele, Deb (you are missed) and others I may have missed.

Good morning, Melters -

Shelley - Lucky you, getting your run over with! Unlucky you, having to shovel snow again.. x( I'm glad you can finally breathe today. Hey, is The Hunger gone?

Robin - I'm glad you get to be home today too. You are being a very wise woman, taking such good care of your knee. I know what you mean about how good it feels to just go through the motions of step, even if it's not a "real" workout. Carpet cleaning doesn't sound like much fun.

TK - I'm sure glad you're back! I was wondering what happened to you!

Tneah - maybe you can sneakily replace your captain's jug with one that just has plain orange juice. Think he'd notice? ;) :p

Hi to everyone else... I'll be back later for more personals!

My MRI is today at 9:30. Joy - I have to get out in the rain again! It was a mess coming in today. But at least it's not ice. I ellipticized to Step Blast last night and had a really good workout. Dang, do I love cardio! I don't care how hard I work out with weights - it can never make me feel as good as a heart-pumping, lung-bursting cardio session. Ahhh. Oh, and dinner was quite clean too.

Hi everyone. I am very sleepy today. Like every couple minutes I lay my head back on the chair and close my eyes. I went to bed late (DH had to work late) plus I took some cold medicine to help with the nighttime coughing. Then Ewan was up a couple times in the night (we're slowly transitioning him out of the crib; right now he's sleeping on a mattress on the floor next to his crib to get him used to it, but he's not sleeping quite as well).

Whew, had to lay my head back again before going on.

TK, yeah, it's amazing how much fun they can have with a cardboard box. My sister used to tell me that all I should give my nephews for Christmas was a box, but I insisted on getting them toys. Now those 2 are teenagers and I have my own, so I know she was right. So now I tell her just to send them a box, but she also insists on buying stuff.

Shelley, another thing Isaac loves is a tape measure--you know the stiff kind you pull out and then can retract back with a snap. He calls that his favorite toy and he goes around the house measuring things and then snapping it closed.

Robin, I might end up skipping my workout today and resting my knees. They aren't as serious as your knee, though, and it's more about being so doggone sleepy.

Shannon, good luck with the MRI today!

OK, thinking about setting an alarm and taking a little nap (as if my toddler will let me).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good Morning Meltees!:) That sounds like a type of candy doesn't it?

I am up and at it early this AM, woke up at 5:30, early for me, not for alot of you though. This is happens to me after a day of lifting hard, yesterday was legs, I wonder sometimes if its because of overtraining, but then again, I did get to sleep at 10pm, so thats about 7 hours of shut eye, even though I awoke twice last night to wee-wee. All that water I drink makes me use the little girls room constantly.

Its so foggy out here this morning, its like a page out of a mystery novel or a Monet painting-so beautiful and peaceful, all you hear are the seagulls looking for their breakfast, and the smell of the ocean is just wonderful.:)

Shelley, sorry about your seemingly never-ending barrage of the white stuff! Geez, enough already right? :p 6 miles? Sigh. You are the woman, you really can almost eat anything you want and still melt with all that running. When I could do it, I ate alot of food, I remember that, running just burns it off. That is so great, your legs must look incredible.:7 Oh, and happy to hear your girl Sophie has put on some weight. Bless her heart.:)

Robin, "rubbing shoulders with the rich" or whatever you said, thats so funny!:) We have, over the years been very fortunate. We do not vacation, but have a few "things" like this boat (my DH has always wanted a boat) I am so happy that he was able to get to this place-- on a boat. Very proud of him.;-) When we started, the company was tiny, and we lived in a small apartment. I'm grateful everyday for everything, but if it was all gone tomorrow, I wouldn't mind living in that small apartment again, you know what I mean?:) The most important thing to me is home, and no matter where that is, if you have your loved ones and your dog, and one pair of good shoes, all is well in my world.;) I have lived in a van (my long sordid past) so I never forget where I came from....anyway, not sure if I am making any sense.Glad to see you are taking good care of your knee.

Shannon, yeah! Cannot wait for the results of the MRI. Very interested in seeing whats happening inside that calf of yours.

Oh, I found a line of sugar free (they use Splenda)calorie free, carb free, everything free food line called "Walden Farms" or something like that. They even make a peanut butter spread that is calorie free, and fat free and sugar free!:eek: So whats in the stuff? I ordered some and will let you all know how it tastes, can you tell I am getting desperate here?:p Ok, BBL for more personals and stuff. Time to cardio...

Lainie and I posted at the same time.....Zzzzzz, shhhhh, sweet dreams darlin', you get some rest today!

tneah, please don't feel you have to justify yourself to me. Not that I got a negative feeing at all from your post, but I'm hoping I didn't offend with my comment. I'm glad your business is successful and have to admit a little envy. On the other hand, I know for a fact I wouldn't want to run my own business. That is WAY to much work and responsibility for me. It all evens out in the end, doesn't it? That PB spread sounds to good to be true. Let us know the outcome.

Shannon, good luck with the MRI.

Robin, I PM'd ya!;) I know, part of me, like I explained in my email to you, feels uncomfortable with success, its crazy I know, I just never want to come off to others as snotty or like I am bragging, obviously, part of me feels I don't deserve it, sooo...well I guess thats a therapy issue right there huh?:7 But you DID NOT come off as anything but the funny, sweet lady you are. After rereading my post however, I feel like I sound defensive...I need to get over that, so I apologize to you my friend.:p

Apology extended and needless apology excepted. Group hug. And of course you deserve your success, silly. You work hard for it.

*WARNING WARNING WARNING - WHINY POST AHEAD*

First off, good evening everyone.

Lainie - aren't you worried about little fingers getting snapped in that tape measure?

Tneah - unfortunately, I *can't* eat almost anything even though I run. And the past two days I've been eating everything in sight!

Robin - how's your snow?

Okay, here goes the whining....

It took me TWO AND A HALF HOURS to get home from work. I left at 4:20 and got home at 10 to 7. Came in, had to let the dogs out and then feed them. My SO was home until 1 today, but there were dirty dishes by the sink and peanut butter smeared on the counter. I cleaned all that up, loaded up the dishwasher and turned it on, then changed and went outside to shovel... again. I'm so sick of shoveling it makes me want to cry, yet I heard on the radio this morning that we haven't even hit our average snowfall yet this year! Finished shoveling, came in and made myself a piece of toast and PB because that's all I have the energy for. And it's still snowing like crazy, so I'm going to have to shovel again in the morning. Sorry for being so whiny, but I have PMS and I feel like I never get any help at home (he played video games all morning). *sigh* Oh and yeah, referencing the eating thing above, I ate constantly today. I feel bloated and gross. Okay, I think I'm done. Sorry. I just don't have anyone else to vent to.

WARNING: SYMPATHY POST AHEAD

Poor Shelley. You work so hard. I can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer. Why the heck are you the only one doing the shoveling!?!?!?! And you are anything but bloated and gross. The shoveling takes care of all the eating you may be doing. Vent on, sweetie pie. Vent on.

Because most of the time when there's shoveling to be done, Chris isn't here. Sometimes it's really early in the morning and he isn't up yet.

Thanks for the sympathy:)

Hello to my fellow melt-ease (now that's a oxymoron if I ever saw one!). I've been suffering a little with motivation lately, so I did a lower intensity Patrick Goudeau step tape this morning. Somehow I've managed to keep with a 6 w/o per week schedule, but the cardio I've been choosing lately isn't the hardest. I gotta get out of that habit!

We had a terrible ice storm today and my normal 10 minute commute took just about an hour. Mangled cars were everywhere. The ice is supposed to change to rain overnight so I don't have a 'carsicle' to defrost in the morning.

Shelley: Fortunately the morning temps at the shore were high 30's/low 40's and very little wind. When it's cold outside I just slather vaseline all over my face to prevent chapping. I did have to LOL at a man I saw walking who was wearing shorts and no hat on his bald head. Now that's some serious weather denial! So sorry about your non-stop 'taking care of things' at home. I completely understand and sympathize with how you feel about it. My DH can dump on me like that and it can get overwhelming sometimes.

Robin: All you guys are cracking me up with your Captain Morgan jokes. That's actually the name of our boat. As to your comment about the ocean I think the winter time is the best time to visit, at least around here. Summertime at Jersey or Delaware beaches it's way too crowded/noisy. If I'm around the water I want to be relaxed, not stressed!

Tneah: Did you get your internet connection at the boat sorted out? Had you asked your marina's dockmaster about what was available? Most marinas here on the east coast have pretty decent wireless connections available. All you'll need to get is the password and you're in.

Lainie: Maybe Isaac is a budding carpenter since he loves the tape measure so much? DH's godson was always fascinated with lights and light switches when he was a little guy. He'd pull his pants down until his little butt crack was showing and shout 'I'm the 'lectric man! LOL. We keep saying he'll grow up to be an electrician (he's 15 now).

Shannon: Hope all went well with your MRI today.

Hello to anyone I missed!

*WARNING MORE SYMPATHY AHEAD*

Shelley, for cryin'out loud. Time for a sit down and talkie with Mr. Video Games.Thats pure crap, you are wearing yourself out over stupid stuff, things that should be shared when one cohabits with another!I mean enough already with the shoveling....can you hire a service or a neighbor kid to do it for you? We did that in Salt Lake City, and even though there were times I had to do it, they too care of the majority.I don't know if thats feasible, do you have a snow blower? That makes it easier. Could Chris do it before bedtime so at least some of its gone by morning...I don't know, that just sucks. But there really isn't any excuse for you having to work and then come home and clean up the house when your SO has been home all day--he should have had dinner waiting for you, he is a chef, no?:)
And about the bloating, I'm right there with ya, doesn't matter what you eat, there are days, PMS or not that you just feel like an elephant, I too am having one of those lovely days, you are not alone. Go take a hot bath and drink something nice, and get some sleep.

Back real quick, cause TK and I posted at the exact same time!:p
Yes, our marina has Cox Cable, when we finally get our permanent slip, all we have to do is schedule it with them and they take care of it, thank goodness. So we woke up to all the heads full again, our captain forgot to have the sewer guy come and empty everything, the water pressure was terrible, and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I think, if I wanted to "camp" I would take a tent and go out in the woods and be done with it!x( I have to wonder if everyone has these constant problems with their boat, or do we just have a terrible captain? He actually has never taken care of a boat exclusively. He has been around here for 15 years and transports boats for owners, so this is his first steady "gig", so that coupled with the constant supply of vodka going on, makes for a really frustrating deal. Plus, finding a good captain that doesn't want to live on board is really hard. We don't want a guy living onboard year round. Sigh. I am sure it will all work out! Funny about your little "electrician", that was so cute. Take care, see you tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.