#~#~Magnificent Monday Melters~#~#

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning!

Sorry I wasn't around much on the weekend. It was a busy one, for sure. And I ate like CRAP. I really need to get this under control. I've been too scared to weigh in. And it's PMS this week, so I sure as you-know-what am NOT doing it this week!

The time change hit me hard. I couldn't get to sleep last night and then I couldn't get up this morning (my body was screaming 'IT'S ONLY 3:30!!), so I'll do my leg workout and abs when I get home.

I'll bbl when I have more time for personals.

Hi Shelly and all that follow:

I too must have been hit hard by the time change...I couldn't sleep last night and did not get up for the workout I had plannedx( . I know I won;t do it when I get home so it will have to be tomorrow am. I think I slept too much during the day yesterday, which kept me from sleeping last night.

Robin:
Scrabulous? what the heck is that? LOL:) I think your trip will be just what you need especially this time of year.

Tneah:
Your trip down there sounds like a vacation...gym twice a day, nice weather, walking etc..Do you think you will meet Mr Trainer in person?

Have a great day...

Deb

Hi everyone -

Shelley - sorry to hear about the eating thing! Ugh. But I know you'll buckle down and get things back on track. After PMS is over, of course. ;) Hang in there!

Deb - Just consider today your rest day for the week. Tomorrow will be a great day to get back into the workouts!

Well, I had an interesting weekend. We never got the 6 inches of snow predicted, but everyone was so scared of it coming that all the schools, etc., shut down. My company also closed for the day... YAY - a three day weekend!!! And all for just about an inch of snow that melted almost as fast as it fell. :7

I didn't get to visit MeltyLand this weekend because my phone was out. I missed checking in!

I ate pretty well - I made it a crock pot weekend with three days of soupy, stewy goodness. Mmmmm. I did enjoy the peanut butter too... but hey, not one single dessert. That's only because there wasn't any around, though. :p My workouts were pretty good too. I can do calf raises again!!! And Sunday was a gorgeous 60 degrees F, so I got out and did some yard work.

I guess I'll see what happened this weekend and try to bbl.

Holy crap! It is c-c-c-c-c-cold out there! It's one of those clear pretty days when you look out the window. Then you go outside and you're hit by a nasty biting wind. Yowza.

I still have major DOMS in my quads from Friday's lower body workout. I'm thinking maybe I overdid it. You know how there's DOMS and then there's @#$%^&* DOMS. Well this is definitely @#$%^&* DOMS, which is probably a risky proposition for someone with bad knees. I also don't go back to PT until Wednesday. Usually I go Mondays and Wednesdays but I didn't make these appointments far enough in advance so I couldn't go today. I think it's just as well since the PT workout and even the massage would probably be painful right now.

Luckily today is upper body work (God bless you BFL for alternating a week of twice-a-week lower body with a week of twice-a-week upper). I am going to do it after I take Ewan to school. I could not get out of bed early this morning after the time change.

Shelley, I don't adjust well with the time change, either. And Ewan managed to wake up an hour early. I was thinking, hey, shouldn't he be getting up later instead of earlier? Luckily I got him to lie back down and he went back to sleep. Then I had to practically drag both kids out of bed when it was time to get up.

Deb, no problem taking an unplanned rest days. I'm the queen of those (though not since starting BFL--I've done o.k. with this). Hope you feel more rested by tomorrow.

Shannon, congrats on the calf raises. Feels good to get back into a fuller workout, eh?

OK, BBL--gotta go take #2 to nursery school.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Lanie - yes, I know about those #*%$%$@@ DOMS. They mean that you should take a break! IMO, they're a sign that some actual damage was done, so watch it! :) And enjoy the upper body work today.

Good Morning All!:)

Yes, the time change is weird, I hate it when the Universe or the "powers that be" mess with my scehdule.:p

Deb, yes! Yesterday did in fact feel like a mini-vacation, even my DH commented that it felt like that-minus the margarita's of course:p Today, back to the grind, the guys came down from SLC last night, so its time to buckle down and write some ads, and I need to finish the diet plans...as soon as my program is over, I am going to take some unplanned rest days too. Oh, and I don't think I am going to drive the hour to meet Mr. Trainer man, I don't know, whats the point really? I am almost done, it would be different if I was doing this to compete, then I would make the trip once a month for sure, then it would really be important to make sure I was on track with everything.
:)

Shelley, ah, the lovely PMS. I noticed mine starts like two weeks before my period instead of 4 days before...a wonderful two weeks of trying to keep myself from scarfing everything in sight. Don't sweat it. I know you are in such great shape and you run so much, your body will burn right through those "unexpected" food items that might make their way into your mouth.;)

Lainie, your sound like you might have overtrained your legs. I have had that same DOMS, it sucks. Try and squeeze in a hot bath with lots of epsom salts. Oh, and take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, straight up! It tasted horrible, but will get rid of the excess lactic acid-an old trick my trainer from back in the day taught me after she would kill my poor bod in the gym.Glad you found a program that is doable for you.

Shannon, isn't it so frustrating to lose your connection? Sometimes its nice though, it frees up time to read and do other things, I spend so much time on the computer for work, plus here on Cathe, etc...sometimes its nice to have a "break" from it all.But we missed you. The stew sounds yummy...

Hi to Leannne, Robin (still didn't capture the night heron on film), TK (where the heck are you?)Emily, Judy.....BBL for more talkies...

:p

Morning, everyone!

Count me in as another one hating this time change! It's so nice to have longer days, but these first few mornings are always the worst!

Sorry for the late check-in today, but I was trying to get started on my grading right away this morning. I have to get a set of essays back to one of my classes tomorrow, so today I'll be working on those all day. Sigh.

Today's workout will be the 4DS HIS and LIS step combos. I've never done them together before, and am looking forward to it. Yesterday I put together a new rotation using GS that I'll start on Friday. I miss heavier lifting, so it'll be nice to go back to it after doing four weeks of endurance lifting.

Shelley -- Ug! You poor thing! PMS is never any fun, esp. when it's topped off by the tiredness of a time change! Just hang in there and let us know if you need help resisting the sweets. :)

Deb -- Glad that you're doing better! Try not to seat the rest day today; you've been going through so much after losing Clancy that your body probably wouldn't mind an extra day off! I'll try to get a photo of my bracelet up soon, but here's what the sample looks like: http://www.pugetsoundbeadfestival.com/store/product.php?productid=16301&cat=0&page=1
Of course, the class I took with the teacher was only $50 since it was at a local shop. I made my bracelet with much thicker silver wire, so it's got a nice, chunky look to it.

Shannon -- We missed you over the weekend! That soup you made sounds wonderful. And hooray for being able to do calf raises again!

Robin -- Oh! You and DH are going to have such a wonderful time on your trip! We'll sure miss you while you're gone! And am I remembering right that there was a beautiful ring you saw when you were there last time? It'll be a sign if it's there this year!

Lainie -- Thanks for the email! I'll get back to you soon! Glad that everyone is doing well, and that the braces might happen. I had to get four permanent teeth pulled, too, when I got my braces, but the gaps really get sealed up pretty quickly once those braces come on. Sorry to hear about those @#$%^&* DOMS! Can you take a nice, long soak in the bathtub tonight? We finally got our hot tub cleaned up, and went in it last night. It feels so nice to soak those sore muscles, doesn't it?!

Tneah -- Oh, the Hotel Del is so lovely! We haven't been over there for ages, but it's so nice to just walk around and check everything out. Was your lunch yesterday in the Crown Room? It's so lovely in there! So you think that you won't drive to Temecula to meet Mr. Trainer Man? That might be a good idea if it would make you stress more! Just think: you're almost done with the hardest part of the program! How awesome is that?!

Hi to TK and Emily if you check in!

I'm back. I managed a pretty good upper body workout today with PUB. Nice to have it done--especially those biceps--she had me shakin'.

Oh, forgot to mention the highlight of my weekend. DH and I were watching Lost in Translation on TV and he said I looked like Scarlett Johansson. He said particularly a similar nose and facial structure--I know I definitely don't have her lips. I liked that, of course, never hurts for the hubby to compare you to a hot actress. Usually people think I look similar to Drew Barrymore, but I'd rather look like Scarlett. (And I have some similarities to Drew except her chin--we looked more alike when we were both kids--people used to tell me I looked like the Firestarter girl.) Anyway, you can tell by my avatar that I don't look much like the lovely Scarlett, but hey, if he wants to think that, more power to him.

Shannon, yep, think I overdid that lower body stuff. I hope my PT doesn't growl at me on Wednesday about it.

Tneah, I do have some apple cider vinegar but I haven't tried it yet....

Leanne, have fun with the HIS/LIS stepping. I love those workouts. I did HIS cardio only yesterday--so fun.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hi melters.

Well, the plan was to go home and ride my bike to a CC workout, but DD called and said she has to leave for school early this evening, so my babysitting job starts earlier than I'd like. I'm going to try to put GDS in his chair and hopes he enjoys watching me ride, but if he gets fussy, I'll have to call it quits. I'll let you know how it goes and try to get to some personals later.

Tneah - actually I didn't mind a few computerless days at all. I'd be perfectly happy to live without the darned thing, if it weren't for Cathe Land!! Oh, I'll bet you're really looking forward to those days off. You'll sure deserve them after what you've accomplished!

Leanne - I hope the grading is going well. Did you enjoy the 4DS cardio? I haven't tried that one yet, since I'm not quite ready to do impact cardio. I'll bet it was fun!

Lanie - what did your PT say about those DOMS?

Robin - did Greyor allow you to work out?

Guess what, folks? Yet another person quit here at work. And this time it's the senior writer in our department, which is REALLY going to affect me. I want out of here so bad I can hardly stand it. I need massive quantities of chocolate. :-(

I put Greyor in his chair and popped in Boot Camp. Greyor was happy to watch that while I did CCv6. He's asleep in my arms right now, which makes posting very difficult.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.