~ * ~ * ~GDMT~ ~ Thunderin' Thursday~ * ~ * ~

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was LIS warmup and shoulders and DM cardio only. Fun. I forgot how hard DM was! Drill 3 is still my most disliked drill, I'd like to FF thru it, but you know how anal I am! LOL! I kept my weights the same as last week.

Gin~ I hope you got a good nights sleep and you are headache free!

Marcy~ How was your workout today? I can't do all of the fitness test, I don't have a heart rate monitor, but I plan on doing what I can this weekend, before we start.

Tracee~ I also liked the rotation Marcy posted as a suggestion yesterday. Hope you got a workout in today!(or enjoyed sleeping in!;-) )

Have a good one~
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today is my rest day and now I will workout on Sat. I had trouble getting to sleep last night and decided I didn't want to get up at "dark-thirty" to workout, so slept in until 6:30...ahhhhhh!:)

Deanie--DM...fun. Sometime I want to do DM drills only and add on new BC.}( :p }(
I am now taking an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection. YUCK with all of this med! Side effects blah!

Marcy and Tracee--Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi DGT!

I finally had a decent night's sleep (not enough but at least uninterrupted.) I was full of DOMS last night in my biceps, chest, glutes and hams. Today was Power Yoga for Happiness - Full Bliss (80 mins.) Yoga days are my favorite days of the week. I feel great and all stretched out and no equipment involved. This one has no inversions but quite a few arm balances. Some of the ones I did were side plank pose with leg lift, crane and flying insect pose:

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/yoga-master-flying-insect.htm

There was also one where we were standing in half lotus, then you bend over and put your hands down, hook the other leg in against the triceps and lift off the ground (don't know the name for that one.) I'm really starting to get the feel of where to place my hands for the arm balances. I think I might have to try David Swenson's 2nd practice again.

I'm skipping dancing tonight and instead am going ice skating with a group from work at Bryant Park. I wonder how much my legs will be aching tomorrow.

Deanie - That's funny you don't like DM Cardio 3. That's my favorite one!

Gin - Sorry about your UTI. Hope it clears up soon. Enjoy your rest day.

Tracee - Hope you're having a good day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Gin~ I like your BC/DM mish mosh idea}( I hope you feel better soon, and are drug free soon!:p

Marcy~Cool yoga pose! Have fun ice skating! My DH and I did that way back when, when we were dating! Question: for legs and back, you suggested B&G standing leg work. Is that a premix? or should I just play the workout and stop at the floor work? I am thinking about: if the leg work isn't to long, inserting back work after every 2 excersises, like the X. The new leg work premix (includes calf work) off of the 4DS would be good too wouldn't it? And then I can insert back work after every round. I think I will try B&G once, and if I don't like it, I am going to go back to the leg work in 4DS (which I love!)

Tracee~ Hi!

Deanie

Hi everyone. I enjoyed another day off today. I should have gotten up but I chose to stay in bed and watch the rest of Project Runway from last night. That's my new favorite reality show now that DWTS is over.

Marcy - I like the rotation you posted yesterday and will probably do that one unless Cathe comes up with something great for December.

I did manage to do some ab work last night and enjoyed it. I wish I had more time to do these workouts in the evenings instead of in the mornings, especially when my motivation is waning.

Have a good afternoon!

Tracee

Hi Again!

Tracee - Glad you liked the rotation I posted and the ab work. Did you do Cathe ab work or something else? Are you going to watch the new show Dance Wars in January with Carrie Ann and Bruno from DWTS? It looks like it's going to be good. All my reality shows will also be done within the next couple of weeks.

Deanie - Glad you liked the pose.

Re: Legs & Back - There is a Standing Glutes & Abs Premix:

Standing Glutes & Abs timesaver 49 ½

Warm up
Standing glute work-
Walking lunges
Forward thrusting hammer punch lunges
Squats w/ barbell
One legged squats
Side to side thrusting hammer punch lunges
Free standing lunge/squat combo
Firewalkers
Low pulse lunges
Abs- bonus stability ball section
Stretch

or

#11 Legs & Glutes Standing– 39 Minutes would be a great substitute from Legs & Glutes.

B&G doesn't have any calf raises so maybe you could put them in. Tony does them just like Cathe does in the 4DS (just on the ground; not on the step). He does 25 in each direction. Except for the calf raises, 4DS isn't really like Legs & Back at all. Legs & Back is just about an hour in length and ARX is 16 mins. so if you did either of the two premixes, it would come out about the same length with you inserting the back work. I would do 2 leg exercises and then insert each of the chinups/pullups. Also, in Legs & Back he does double leg wall squats, single leg wall squats and two chair salutations.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.