~ * ~ * ~ * GDMT* * Finally Friday ~ * ~ * ~

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was BC for me. Weights first. I love thhis workout!! today I really gave the cardio my all and really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of next week going to 8" for the fast feet drill. I also reached a personal best with biceps (drum roll please......) 20#:7 :7 And now I am looking forward to 2 days off. Since I did week one this week and last, next week I am going to do week 2 and continue from there. I may extend the rotation by a week to get it all in, we'll see.

Stats:
round 1
tri overhead ext.: 15/20/25/30 (same as cathe)
bi standing hammer curl w/twist: 10/12 (same as cathe)
bi trad. curl pyramid: 15/20#!!!!(all reps:))
round 2
same as cathe for tri
bi crazy 8's: 30 (same as last week, could prob. do 32#, but don't have the means to do it)
round 3
same as Cathe for tri
both bi excersises: 15#(up 3# from last week)
round 4
hanging concentration curls: 20# (for some reason, maybe the angle, these are easy for me)

I was able to keep the same pace as Cahte for all the drills where she "times" us: i.e. suicides. I think next week I will try to increase on my triceps.

Gin~ I'm glad all went well at the dr's. I answered your late night post on yesterdays thread. Is today your rest day? or did you work out? YOu really should get the X.;-)

Marcy/Tracee~ I hope you guys had a great workout today!

We have a Bat Mitzvah to go to this weekend in Jersey (wish there was time to go to Cathes class/club) and a party for my nephew(turning 3) so I will not be checking in this weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Deanie:*

We are leaving at 1:30, I will try to get back on before we leave:)

Good Morning DMT!

Today was a rest day and that makes 2 this week for me, which I rarely do! I was thinking about running, but didn't sleep well again, so didn't. I'll do LIS/Shoulders tomorrow.
We have our annual Stone Soup lunch with the dads today and then we are out all of next week....yeah!:)

Deanie--WTG on the workout, girl! I am so impressed, as usual! Enjoy your weekend in Jersey!

Hi Tracee and Marcy--Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good morning GMD!

Today was BC and only the first Bi/Tri round. I laid in bed for a while and really had to force myself not to keep hitting snooze.

Deanie - Congrats on your accomplishments. I think we're going to need to see an updated picture of you showing off those muscles. You must be looking an awful lot like Cathe and the crew!! Have a good weekend, I hope the traffic isn't too awful.

Gin - I'm glad your procedure went well. How long before you hear any results? That was nice of those moms to bring you food.

Marcy - You're right, that was a good price for the whole X system. Are you considering getting the X+?

My dh shot a deer last night and drove it home so the kids could see it. Yuck! I don't see what is so fun about it but then again he doesn't get my obsession with watching volleyball either. Ha!

Have a good day.

Tracee

Good Morning!

Couldn't get up on time this morning so I only had time for Chest & Back. Will have to try and do HIS over the weekend again. Here's my stats:

One Arm Rows - warmup set - 13#, regular set - 33#
2nd set of One Arm Rows - 33#
Underhand Rows - 66# (up 4#:) (both sets) - this is the heaviest weight I've ever lifted.#:-!
Chest Flys - 23# both sets (8 reps on Set 1, 12 reps on Set 2)
One Arm Row Wide Flye - 25# (up 2#)
Incline Pullovers - 23# (will go higher next time)
Incline Press - 25#
I really like the T-band flyes in this workout. I really feel them.

Gin - That was so nice of your dr to talk to you during the procedure to get your mind off things. When do you get the results? You have really nice co-workers. Sorry to enable you but the X really works and I don't think you'll be sorry. As far as price goes, it may sound like it might be cheaper to just get the strength DVDs but with shipping for each one, it actually might be cheaper to get the whole system and a lot of the auctions on ebay are for free shipping. As far as the cardio goes, it is true that Tony's cardio is not as intense as Cathe's. Kenpo is a lot like Cardio Kicks and Plyo X would be similar to IMAX blasts but no step. As I believe Kathryn (and even Cathe herself) have mentioned, Tony didn't intend for the cardio to be really intense as this is a strength training system and you don't want to lose strength gains with intense cardio. I also thought I needed to do intense cardio but then realized it was defeating the purpose. Cardio X is a combination of Plyo X, Kenpo X, Yoga and Stretch for lighter days if you're not feeling up to Plyo X or for if you're doing the Doubles rotation and you want extra cardio.

That's great you're off all next week. You'll get plenty of chance to rest and get in all your missed workouts.

Deanie - I bow down to you for trying the fast feet drills on 8":). I have enough trouble getting these done on 6". WTG on the biceps:p! Hope you have a great time this weekend. Too bad you can't get to Cathe's gym. I agree with Tracee. We need updated pics of you.

Tracee - I am definitely considering getting P90X+. Believe it or not, we have a deerhead over the fireplace. My DH does not hunt nor does he have any desire to but he just always wanted to have a mounted deer over the fireplace. When we were down in GA two years ago, we had gone to an antique shop and found it and he was literally on his knees begging me to let him buy it. I just couldn't say no. It was a little hard getting used to it at first but I'm okay with it now. I bought an antique mirror for myself so at least we each got something we wanted.

Sorry for talking all your ears off. Have a great day. BBL.

Marcy

Hi guys! A last check in before I pick up the kids and we're off:)

Gin~ I think with this rotation 2 days off is okay. I hope Stone soup went well today:) we are only off thurs and fri next week, so enjoy your whole week off!! Enjoy LIS tomorrow.

Tracee~ I give you credit for doing the cardio first and then weights. I am exhausted after the cardio and definately couldn't lift as much if I did cardio first! Are you thinking of getting the X?

Marcy~ Great workout today! Aren't you amazed at how much you are lifting???? I set up my barbell today for HIS on monday, and loaded on 70# for the rows! it seems like so much, but in the workout its do-able. My body is really defined now, not quite as much as Cathes though, although pretty darn close....I am going to do before and after pictures with the X. I am concerned about the X, only because I DO NOT want to lose weight with it! I am at a good weight and defined. I more want to maintain and tighten my muscles. Actually, my arms are kinda ropy(sp?) I would just like to really tighten my abs more. I do have the umbilical hernia and my lower ab muscles have split: both from my last pregnancy 7 almost 8 years ago! My abs aren't flabby, just not like Cathes. More like a 4 pack than a 6 pack! LOL ..Now I'm rambling....

Have a great weekend...

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - I didn't lose any weight with the X, just inches (although my eating was far from stellar - I know you're much better than me in that department). You will definitely get more defined with the X. Can you define "ropy" arms? My abs definitely got stronger with Ab Ripper X. It's done 3x a week with all the strength workouts. You can really only see my upper abs. The rest isn't defined on me.

I am quite amazed at how much I'm lifting but I'm sure I will be lifting even more with the X. The X doesn't have any underhand rows from what I remember. His back work is mainly pullups/chinups but they definitely do the job. Tony's work is just heavy although there were one or two exercises like 21s and a couple of others where he does 16 reps. You can check the worksheets. Otherwise, if you pick heavy, you just do 8-10 reps.

Did you get the workouts yet?

Have a great weekend. Talk to you Monday.

Marcy

Hey guys, I forgot to mention it earlier but I won't be in my office Monday or Tuesday so I won't have access to a computer. If I get time when I get home on those days I'll check in but I just wanted you guys to know where I'll be. I'll still be doing the workouts with ya!!

Have a great weekend. I have to make up for the step in LIS and the missed bis and tris workouts this weekend.

Tracee

Hey, Tracee!

We'll miss talking with you but have a great weekend. I'll be making up HIS this weekend, hopefully. Hope you have great workouts.

Is DS doing better? I hope so.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.