~ * ~ * ~ * Deanie & Friends ~ Wicked Wednesday~ * ~ * ...

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was Step Fit. I have only done this workout once or twice before. It was fun! Nice to do a step workout without intervals or power 15s! And it was broken up into 2 parts, and you only have to remember one part at a time (its not all put together at the end).
I actually woke up at 4:30 this morning. We had a power surge yesterday evening, and I guess my alarm clock got messed up. I never checked it, its usually 40ish min. ahead (so I can hit snooze inthe morning) so I thought it was okay. This morning when I got downstairs the clock said 4:37!!!!ugh! but I ate my apricots, rewatched the Cathe clip and then worked out. I'm fine now, but I may crash about 3pm!!:)

Last night was back to school for my 6th grader. I am very happy, his teachers seem really positive, helpful and caring. Which is great with the school being new and so large! He has at least one friend in each class from the elemenary school.

Marcy~ Did you find the info out about the freestyle? Is that something you are interested in?

Gin~ Did you run today or do you have Step Fit?

Tracee~ I hope you had a good workout today:)

Many errands, still more to cook today and coffee this morning with a friend, So I hope to
BBL,

Deanie

Good morning all.

Today was HSC for me but I didn't have time for the last cycle. I was feeling good too so I would have been able to do the last cycle with no problems. Oh well.

Deanie - Step Fit sounds fun, isn't that one of her oldest ones? I think I'm going to substitute Rythmic Step for this one. I'm glad your son is liking 6th grade, that makes it so much smoother.

Marcy/Gin - Hope you have a great Wednesday.

I'll check back later.

Tracee

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran 3 miles and then did Step Fit. This was only the 2nd time to do this one and I thought it was fun also. I got the vhs version in a trade this summer. Burned 630 total which surprised me. Didn't feel like I was working out THAT hard.

Deanie--Are you working this week? Glad your son likes his new school. Enjoy coffee.

Tracee--Glad you were able to do most of HSC. Step Fit is probably 10 years old. Cathe is wearing a thong leotard and Rhonda is the only crew member I recognize and she does the macarena! Fun! RS will be a good sub!

Marcy--Have a great day!

Gin:)

Hi Girls!

Today I did HSC. I actually found this one more challenging for me than HSTA. I loved all the band work which was really making me feel achy all over. I had DOMS from yesterday's KPC and this morning I was feeling achy from head to toe. I thought the cardio off the step was much more challenging than on the step. I liked that she changed it up. They way she did the tricep extension with the band had me feeling it a lot more than usual. Also, it felt different to do the pulsing with the isolation flys. Jari does that in the Ripped workouts. Does anyone hate hover squats as much as I do? These seemed like they were never going to end.

So did any of you watch The Biggest Loser last night? I only saw the last episode last year so I wanted to catch it from the beginning this year. It looks like it's going to be good. They had a 62 year old and he lost more weight than any of the others, 31 pounds in one week.

Deanie - Glad your DS is happy in the 6th grade. I got a lot of info on freestyle and I'm going to try and include as much leg work as possible into the workouts. I was going to do all leg work tomorrow but I'm thinking yoga may make me feel better after today. Wow, no power 15s in Step Fit? Amazing. I had them this morning.

Tracee - Rhythmic Step would be fine to sub for Step Fit. I actually prefer RS anyway. Step Works is my favorite on the Cardio Hits DVD.

Gin - I can't believe you burned 630 calories. That's great. I've never burned that much on a step workout. Tracey's HISM was pretty good at 499 calories. So, when you are going to try the second half of Step Sweatfest?

Marcy

Hi Again!

Marcy--I am a little sore from yesterday's HSC. Love that band work!}( Hover squats are no where near as bad as slow motion lunges for me!}( }( }( I saw a very little bit of The Biggest Loser last night. I'll have to look for it next week. I was so exhausted I went to sleep at 8:30 last night and still didn't want to get up at 5!:eek: 630 calories was my total with the 3 miles of running, so it was 407 with just Step Fit, which was still pretty high!

Hi Tracee and Deanie!
Gin

Marcy - I watched Biggest Loser last night, I love that show for some reason. I just love to see their transformations. I really liked the 62 year old guy. I think he's going to be an audience favorite. I was so impressed that he was able to beat all the other contestants in that run through the desert.

Those pulses with the chest flys were getting me good. I'm sure I'll have doms from those tomorrow. Luckily, the hover squats were in the cycle that I had to skip due to time.

Tracee

Good Afternoon :)

Tracee~Glad you got a workout in today! and you were lucky not to do the hoover squats!:)

Gin~ When I saw all the calories burned from Step Fit, I also thought I wasn't working that hard! But 400some calories are good too!

Marcy~ HATE the hoover squats! My legs were shakin'

Off to bake some more! Went to Ann Taylor Loft and bought a cute sweat suit I can wear to work, and some cute cords that can be dressy or casual. I always feel when DH and I go out I either have dressy or messy :) but nothing inbetween. So the cords will be good for that!

Deanie

Hi Again!

Gin - 407 calories sounds about what I burned when doing Step Fit.

Tracee - Can't wait for next week's show. Did you see the end when they showed that Amber (the one who got kicked off) lost 65 pounds after she left?

Deanie - I agree. I have a lot of dressy or messy. Cords sound good and you can dress them up with all those boots you have:)!

I'll be happy not to do hover squats for quite some time now. I don't think there are any in the rest of the rotation. Am I right? Are there any in Circuit Max? I've never done that one before. Can someone tell me what it's like?

Marcy

Marcy~ circuit max is fun. I haven't done it in a while, but it was 6 cycles, 2 hi/lo, 2 step, 2 kickbox and the weights were like C&W. It was fun, but its tough. I think HSTA is the hardest circuit, so I judge everything by that, and this was not as hard, but still kicks butt!:) You'll like it!

Deanie

Deanie--
Is the Teacher's Discount at Ann Taylor still available? Couldn't remember the dates. Glad you found a cute outfit that you can wear to school.
Looking forward to C&W tomorrow. Haven't done that one in FOREVER!:) Really love the abs.

Gin

Gin~ yes. The discount is good till sept. 30th! Go have fun:) C&W is not one of my favorites, the step work is too long for me (it seems to go on forever), but I do like the ab work! And the Elvis song:)
Deanie

Gin - C&W isn't one of my favorites either but I admit the abs are really good. When I first did this from Fit TV, I couldn't do everything. The jacknifes were killer for me. After Ab Ripper X from P90X, they weren't so bad. The choreography isn't that exciting. I really bought the DVD for IMAX 2 and the premixes which made it worth it for me. I'll be doing C&W on Friday.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.