~ * * * ~ GDMT ~ * * * ~ Wacky Wednesday~ * * * ~

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today I did KPC intermed. drills and combos 1+2; then KM combos 2-4 and cool down. It was a good fun workout! I finally tried the drills with 2# handweights. It did add a little extra zing! to the workout~ !

Today I talk with the dr. about meds for DS. I'm now thinking maybe wait to change meds till winter break, that way he is home with me all day, and I don't have to worry about behavior in school and homework. Thanks for yesterday, it really helps to talk about it.

Gin~ What did you end up doing today? Are you sore today? Surprisingly, Im not~ I thought I would be after the bicep work yesterday.

Marcy~ How was BM2 bootcamp?

Tracee~ Hope you had a good day yesterday, are feeling better (neck) and had a good workout today!:)

Later~
Deanie

PS~ new recipie yesterday was really yummy! going to try my new crock pot today :)

Good morning!

Yesterday I did IMAX2 and today I did BM2 BootCamp. I didn't even know you guys had talked about doing the bootcamp premix so I was laughing when I was just reading yesterdays messages. Of course I didn't have time to do the whole premix, I forget that they are long in BM2. I liked that style of working out though especially when I didn't have a lot of time. I felt like I hit a bunch of areas and didn't miss out on too much. The pushups were hard for me too and I quit early, glad to hear that they were hard for others. :)

My neck is okay, nothing long term to worry about. I think it's just like having DOMS in the neck area.

I've got to run out to a doctor appointment right now but I'll be back later to chat.

Tracee

Good Morning DMT!

Today I ran 3 miles and then IMAX2 for a total of 613 calories. Okay, go ahead and tell me that I am too obssessed with the # of calories I burn!!:p I don't know why I like to know the #.

Deanie--Glad you enjoyed the KPC workout. No, I am not sore either like I thought I would be. Can you share your yummy recipe?

Tracee--Glad your neck is feeling better. What does the BM2 BootCamp premix cut out of the whole workout? Do you do all of the weight portion?

Marcy--Was today your BM2 BC also?

I have a pedicure b-day gc I am planning to use this aft. Yeah!!:)

Gin:)

Good Morning!

Today I did BM2 Bootcamp but I didn't do the bonus cardio and extra set of squats because I ran out of time (but you all know how I feel about too much cardio and squats:D) I burned 464 calories. I like doing this rotation, it's a lot of fun but I feel there's too much cardio for me. My body fat has also been higher. I think I'm losing too much muscle with all the cardio. Shoulders seemed to be the toughest for me today (which is surprising because I usually like shoulder work). The 15# seemed really heavy. The pushups on the ball were also a little tough but I got through them all. I actually did all the concentration curls today:).

Gin - No, you are not obsessed with calories. If you are, then I am too.:) My HRM keeps saying low battery and I'm going to be lost when it runs out. Your birthday just never seems to end, does it?:eek:

Deanie - Hope everything works out with DS and his meds. I always tried to get homework out of the way as soon as possible. The later it got, the worse things got. There were countless evenings I was up until 11:00 with homework. He used to come home with the classwork he couldn't complete and then homework on top of that. It was a nightmare.

Tracee - Glad you're back with us. I enjoyed the workout today too. It seemed to go by very quickly and got everything in. Glad your neck's okay.

Hope everyone has a great day. BBL.

Marcy

Gin - I'm not sure what the premix cuts out of the original workout. It's 78 minutes so it must cut out something. I didn't even make it to the end of the premix so I cut out a lot from the original. :eek:

Marcy - I'm not sure I've lost muscle yet but I'm thinking that when we get back to heavy weight training that we'll all see a big increase?

I got weighed at the dr.s office and I was dreading it because like I said before my clothes have been fitting me tighter around the waist. It was 123.5 which is lower than I've been in a super long time, probably since high school. It's just so frustrating to be smaller in all the places that I don't want to be and bigger in the area that I don't. :-(

Tracee

Gin - the Bootcamp premix doesn't do any of the step combos except for the bonus combo. I think that's the only thing that's cut out.

Tracee - I share your frustrations. We're about the same weight now. I was around 102-105 in high school which I don't ever plan on getting back to but another 5 pounds wouldn't hurt to hopefully get rid of that blasted inner thigh fat and a little off the pooch.:eek:

Marcy

Okay, here is my yummy recipe:

Ingredients
Quesadillas:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Cooking spray
3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded Mexican blend cheese

Salsa:
1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped

Preparation
To prepare the quesadillas, preheat the broiler.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup cilantro, and beans; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Place tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 3 tablespoons cheese; fold in half. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas begin to brown. Cut each tortilla into 3 wedges.

To prepare salsa, combine corn and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with quesadillas.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 3 quesadilla wedges and about 1/3 cup salsa)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 420(31% from fat); FAT 14.4g (sat 5.5g,mono 6.4g,poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 17.8g; CHOLESTEROL 19mg; CALCIUM 272mg; SODIUM 590mg; FIBER 10.3g; IRON 4.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 60g

Okay, you guys were busy today!!:)

Gin~ I really liked the recipe above and so did DH who is VERY hard to please. He usually likes the same old stuff every week! I can't believe you ran and did Imax 2! Whew! Enjoy your pedicure!:)

Marcy~ This rotation should help "shock your body" and maybe help with those few pounds. I haven't noticed a difference yet, but mentally, I needed a break from the heavy lifting! I read on O.D. that someone does heavy lifting for 3-4 months and then throws in a month of circuits. I like that formula, and may try that myself for a while. I think for me, less cardio with the X works, but with Cathe, I think I need 3 days of cardio min.(or 3 hours-ish a week) About DS, we usually start homework a half hour after school. He comes home, has a snack, and unwinds for a while and then starts. We too, learned the hard way that this is the best for us.

Tracee~ welcome back:) It is funny you ended up doing BM2 also!

Deanie

Hi Again!

Okay, I know we have discussed this "size" topic before. I know I wore a 10 in college (27 years ago), I have stayed the same size and I now wear a 4....? I am not small by any stretch of the imagination. What do really small women wear? Children's clothes??

Marcy--I even got a late b-day card in the mail yesterday!

Tracee--123.5 sounds so small to me. Aren't you my height? 5'6"?

Deanie--Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds yummy! Are you doing SJP tomorrow? I think running is getting a little easier and all of the other Cathe cardio is helping make it easier. When we got back to the car this morning, I felt like I wanted to go farther. Is it IMAX2 blast #9 that you don't like so much? It is a tough one.

Gin
:)

Hi Again!

Deanie - Thanks for the recipe. Looks good.

Gin - I was always around a size 4 back in high school. Now I'm a size 2 and sometimes a 0 (but probably still a size 4 with today's new vanity sizing). Blast #9 is definitely the toughest although it's not too bad for me now. I was 123.0 this morning and am 5'2". I guess some really small women shop in the junior's department (which I have on occasion) and I think I've heard that some women look in the children's department. So how long have you been running?

Tracee - Did you watch Biggest Loser last night. I wasn't surprised who went home.

I decided I will definitely be doing yoga tomorrow. It will be Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. I've never done it before but I liked her Fluid Power and have heard lots of good things about this one as well. It has a matrix so you can design your own workout.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.