~ *~ *~ *~ Deanie & Friends ~ * ~ *~ * Wacky Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was GS standing legs and coremax. I did coremax 2 since I missed doing it last week. Standing legs was good, but those slow motion lunges get me every time!!!!:p I upped some of my weights and boy am I feeling it already!

stats:
squats: 35# (decided I hate squats and am not upping my weights here:) )
front lunges: 15# db (up 3#)
rear lunges: 15# (stayed the same)
plie squats: 35# (I used the bbl)(up 5#)
deadlift: 40# (stayed same, prob. could go up but forgot to up the weights!~again, 5:30 is soooo early in the morning:) )
slow motion lunges: 5# (wanted to do 3#!!) my legs were shakin'

I actually didn't do the calf raises this rotation, my calves were getting big and we do the step and running, so I feel like I am still working them.

Gin~ I'm glad you are enjoying school! we have today's meet and greet and tomorrow is the first day. I said I was going to do B&G later this week, but I think I am going to try to stick to the schedule, just rework it to fit my schedule. I like GS floorwork better.

Marcy~ How'd you do today? Did you do GS legs or something else?

Tracee~ Glad your with us for next month, sorry about all the substitutions (sp?) though. How was the first day of school for the kids?????? I hope good.

Later~ Deanie:*

Hi guys. Today was cardio for me but once again I didn't do it. x( I woke up too early and tried to go back to sleep without success. I don't know why I don't just get up and work out.

Deanie - the kids both had good first days of school. I'm hoping for a smooth year but I know I'm going to get stressed out. They are in different schools this year so it makes things a little more hectic for me.

Gin - I saw your post about the fried cookie dough. Yummy! I know the point of your post was about how bad this type of food is but when I read it all I could think was that I have to try that. ha! Cookie dough is my downfall.

Hope you all have a good day.

Tracee

Good Morning!

Today was Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix. This was my second time doing it and it was much better but I still didn't completely master a few of the step combos. I had a lot of fun doing this one. These were the intervals:

1. Run up/down on step
2. Burpees with a jump at the end
3. Speed skaters
4. 5 jacks front and back and 3 air jacks
5. Power scissors (she calls them lunge jacks)
6. Squat jumps
7. Butt kicks and tuck jumps
8. Chaturanga run with hands on step (remember Core Syn but it's harder with Tony because hands are on the floor) - I ran out of steam on this interval.
9. Fast foot repeaters first with toes on the step and then with heels on the step.

The intervals weren't quite as intense as Cathe but intense enough. The choreography is more complex than Rhythmic Step. There are some steps that she breaks down but not all so you have to pick it up as you go. She does combo 1, interval, combo 2, interval then combines step combos 1 and 2. Then she does step 3, interval 3, step 4, interval 4 and combines 3 and 4. Then Step 5, interval 5, step 6, interval 6, step 7, interval 7 and does step combos 5, 6 and 7. Same goes for 8 and 9. A couple of the step combos were slightly similar to Cathe but the rest was really fun, totally different and interesting choreography. The music was pretty good too.

I ran out of time to do abs. Will try and do then tonight or definitely tomorrow after GS C&T.

Deanie - I don't always do the calf raises either and when I do it's harder because I don't have the high step topper so I'm doing it on 6" and I'm really feeling it. Have your legs slimmed out at all since you've been doing the treadmill? I keep hearing running slims out the legs like nothing else. Glad the kids had a smooth first day of school. I usually do deadlifts with 40# but have gone up to 46#. I like to go heavy with this one because I have hyperextended legs and if I don't go heavy enough, I don't get enough of a stretch in the hamstrings.

Tracee - Sorry you didn't get your workout in. I've done what you did this morning so many times. I get up too early and then go back to sleep for what I think will be 5 minutes and it's half an hour later. How did everything work out with your DS's teacher?

Gin - That cookie dough sounds great but dangerous:9 }( I love cookie dough ice cream. How many hours of cardio do you think it would take to burn that off? What did you do today?

Have a great day everyone. Later.

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

It was pouring this morning so I did not run with my friends, but went back to bed. This is the last day for that. Wed. is my day off, bur next week I start weekly Bible Study Wed. mornings. So I was able to wait until 8am to workout! I did GS legs (entire thing) and PLB floorwork and B&G abs. I doubled up the leg work to I can start the next rotation on Sunday. Thinking ahead here.:)

Deanie--You have one class, right? But 2 meet and greets, so the class is divided in half for the m&g? Interesting. What did you decide on for the music lessons?

Tracee--Okay, I have to admit, I'd rather eat the cookie dough raw than baked. (Hangs her head in shame) But fried? Does not sound good to me. Glad your kids had a good first day.

Marcy--Tracey's workout sounds brutal. So I don't think I will be putting that one on my wish list. ;-) Although, come to think of it, if I saw Cathe's workouts written out like that, I probably would think,"No Way!" Three hours of cardio should burn off 1 fried ball of cookie dough. What do you think?

Gin:)

Hi Gin!

Your legs should be fried by now. Are you going to be doing Step Sweatfest this weekend? This one was easier than HISM. A lot of people say the 2nd part of Step Sweatfest is like HISM. 3 hours might be enough for one ball. I don't think I want to find out. Did you see this post:

In a blender:

Add LOTS of peanut butter to vanilla ice cream (So Delicious in my case). Add a dash of soy milk, top with chocolate sauce and blend until creamy."

And I thought this was a fitness website :7

Marcy

Marcy - The breakdown of Tracey's workout sounds fun. I like the idea of combining short sections as you go. One of these days I'm going to have to buy one of her workouts. Everything worked out well with my son's teacher situation. He was switched to the one we wanted and she was all ready for him on the first day. The only bad thing about wanting him in this class is that she has more kids but I think she can handle it. She gets requested more than the other teacher so the two classes are uneven.

Gin - I agree that the raw cookie dough is better than cooked. That is probably my guilty pleasure during TTOM.

Tracee

Tracee - Glad everything worked out with your DS's teacher. How many kids are in his class? You might want to look at Tracey's clips at fitbytracey.com.

Marcy

RE: ~ *~ *~ *~ Deanie & Friends ~ * ~ *~ * Wacky Wednes...

Good Afternoon :)

You all have been busy today:7 :D

Gin~ I like your idea to start the new rotation on Sat. I may try to "double up" and take sat. off and start on Sunday with you. This month (sept) it works out better for me to take Sat. off. I thought the fried cookie dough was gross, but I love regular cookie dough from scratch:9 :9

Tracee~ I'm glad things worked out for your kids in school. I think it is easier (though I only have 2) to get the kids ready for school, with them in different schools. When my older son leaves, I wake up my younger son. Quality time with each, and no fighting!!!:7

Marcy~ Your workout today sounds good. I've seen the clips on Traceys site. I don't know, for now I just don't want to vary from Cathe.(which I'm okay with) I found something good and don't want to deviate:) except I am still open to Tony.....:)

Bought another pair of boots yesterday~ Justin boots/vintage, (60% off)!!!! I love boots and when I worked before kids, it was all I ever wore!!! I think I have now spent my first paycheck before I even got paid (frazzle face!!!) Oh, and I forgot to mention to Gin~ Ann Taylor has a teacher appreciation program (sorry Marcy and Tracee) we get 20% off!!! Starting 9/10-9/30. and discounts throughout the year. the website to sign up is: www.anntaylorLOFT.com/teacher. So you all know where I will be on the 10th! LOL!! Seriously, must stop buying.....aaarrrggghhh!!!:)

Deanie:*

Deanie - I get discounts from Ann Taylor all the time. I'm on their mailing list. I went in there yesterday and saw a few good things for sale but I'm really trying hard not to put anything more on my credit card. Maybe I'll wait for the prices to drop a little more. That's one good thing about them, they're always having sales. I'm getting jealous of your boot collection}( Did you buy them from the same website as last time? A couple of my pairs I have to take to the shoemaker to get new lifts put on. I have a pair of low black booties that are so comfortable. Those also need lifts. I have to say you're a very loyal Cathe fan.:) Now you and Gin are going to make me want to try some workouts on the weekend. I don't think I'll be able to start the rotation on Sunday but it's a thought.

Marcy

Marcy - My ds said there were 28 kids in his class!! I don't think it's that high but I do know that she has more than the other teacher.

Deanie - I like your option of getting the kids up at different times. Unfortunately, this year I'm dropping off my younger son at the school's morning daycare program. So, I get all three up and out the door at 7:15 and deliver them to three different places. :eek:

I'll have to see how I feel this weekend to see if I start the new rotation on Sunday. The way I'm going it may be the only day I workout all weekend. :p

Tracee

Marcy~ glad you get the discounts at A.T.:) I love that store. This time I bought my boots at www.sheplers.com. I bought the Justin vintage collection western boot: #045263. They were supposed to be on sale till monday, but I just looked them up and they are still on sale! Don't you just love how comfortable boots are?!! I am reworking the schedule so I can start on Sunday. This month with the holidays, sunday school and baseball, Saturday is a much better day off for me. It would be the day I can actually sleep late!:) So I will do C&T/HIIT on the treadmill tomorrow, and GS floorwork and coremax tough abs on Fri. and sat will be my day off. I cut some corners, but I think that will work. I am also thinking of doing 3 sets of 16 pushups instead of all those pushups in C&T tomorrow. I will be doing the mix and match the way we did it last week. My goal is to do 2 sets of 30# at 8 reps for bench press.x( we'll see!

Deanie:*

PS: yes, I do notice a difference in my calves and my hips since doing the treadmill this month. I'm not sure though, if its the tm or the rotation. I will take my measurements sat. or sun.

Gin~ I forgot to mention I had an annoying dad in my meet and greet today. It was very important for him to have his daughter (who just turned 4) to "show off" for us. He had her spelling her name, and other objects, and then got frustrated when she couldn't spell ball! I can't stand parents who think academics are so much more important than anything else. How about just love your kids unconditionally, instead of making a 4 year old feel bad they can't spell!!!! urg! thanks for listening to my rant!!

Tracee~ we were posting at the same time!:) No wonder you don't have time to workout in the morning! You are one busy lady! All 3 kids and yourself out the door by 7:15!!! Is your DH able to help at all? or is he gone by then? My DH is gone by 6 a.m. Maybe working out on Sat. and Sunday and taking a weekday or 2 off would be a better option for you!

Deanie

Hi Again!

Marcy--I missed the peanut butter milkshake post!:9

Tracee--What Cathe's do you still need for Sept. rotation? I always see good prices on her workouts on the yaya board and trades there or on video fitness, if you have any to trade. I think it is much safer than ebay.

Deanie--or "Miss Boot Queen" I love the look of boots, but not comfy for me. I'll have to look into the Ann Taylor 20% off for teachers. Love that store! :7 How was the meet and greet today?

Gin:)

Deanie - Saw the boots. They're really nice. Love the color.

Tracee - 7:15??? I wouldn't have time in the morning either. When my kids were really young, the only time I had to work out was 11:00 or midnight. I remember when I had to drop off 3 kids at 3 different schools. I miss the kids being little but I don't miss that! Maybe you could work out after the kids go to sleep.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.