~~Watercooler~~~ I am Alive Wednesday!!!

aschendell

Cathlete
Hi all!! Back from the dead of not having internet for a few days! Ugh. I've got a few errands to run this morning...and I feel like the dead since I have had a headache for 3 days now. But I promise to be back in a bit to catch up with personals...

Hope everyone is doing well!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra,
Glad you are back. What the heck happened with the computer?

Today will be a cardio of some kind. Hmmmmm....not sure what I'll do. I need to grocery shop right after work today so will be messing with some menus for the camp trip while at my desk today. Need to pack the trailer up so we can just come home from work tomorrow and leave. Weather is cooler today and will be even windier than yesterday.

BBL,

Jeanette

Morning All:

I had such a good time last night at BB. It's been raining here though since Sat. on & off. Tues. it didn't rain until the evening, but it was a light mist and stopped 1/2 way thru the game so didn't hardly get wet. WE WON 16-4 YEAH:p I'm so happy b/c I made some great plays and I was 3-4 at bat. I've really impressed the team b/c they're not used to a girl stopping the ball at 2nd base let alone making a play:7 :7 Our next game is Fri. at (wait for it.....) 9:45pm YUK. I'm trying to figure out if I can go b/c we're suppose to be going to my parents for the weekend.

Debra - glad to hear you back in the land of the 21st Century. I'm lucky I guess since I have access to 2 computers (but have to go to work for 1 of them..)

Jeanette - you'd probably get along well with my DH. He emailed out the menu yesterday to our friends who are going to Nascar w/us in June and he asked me last night what I thought of it. I confessed I didn't even read it. I don't care I'll eat whatever is served as long as I don't have to cook it:p :p Your dog storey reminded me of our old cat who was a mouser. We had a few mice in our house a couple years ago and I'm sitting reading a book and hear this squeak squeak, well up comes Basil with a live mouse still in her mouse. I didn't know what to do I was so startled (at that point we didn't even know we had mice). Basil dropped the mouse it started to run and of course Basil re-caught it and the mouse did not survive the 2nd capture. Fun part was trying to dispose of it... My DH can't stand mice or rats not that I can either but they don't give me the whillies they way they do to him so any mice we found I had to dispose of....Ok enough gore for today}( The BB team is mixed, but you pitch to your own team and 3 pitches only or you're out. Seems like a fun league. They way they're treating me now I after seeing me play I feel like a Queen. Won't last long b/c for every go play I do and screw one up too! hahah

Have to get back to work but I can't concentrate as I'm still on a HIGH from last night. Can you tell I LOVE BB?:p

Hi all...Here I am sitting at the car dealership getting an oil change...so I thought I would catch you guys up...I have no idea what happened to my computer...it was down for a few days...and CBL was going to take it to work with him to get his computer guy to work with it, but then it magically started working again!! Who the heck knows! Nothing else much going on around here...Although I have had a headache for about 3 days now and it is starting to irritate me. The Diva has a sleepover party planned for next Friday and she is already super excited about it....bouncing off the walls, in fact! It is her last day of school and she is having her school buddies over for fun and games. We also have a neighborhood party this weekend for the holiday so I have to go grocery shopping today for some things....CBL is coming over tonight for dinner...We are having steak and shrimp...Yummo!

Let's see...as far as workouts are concerned....I think I must have had a quickie with Eoin on Saturday...but my head hurts so bad, I can't really remember...Then Sunday was willPower and Grace...which is cardio and core for those of you who don't have it....Monday was 4DS KB including core and yesterday was 4DS legs, calves, bis and tris. I am planning on session with Eoin today if my head allows. CBL is off tomorrow, so that will be a rest day for me as we have to go get his passport for the Toronto trip and then we are planning on hanging out at his pool for a while since the weather is supposed to be nice.

Well...that about does it for me...I will return this afternoon and catch up with personals...but I don't know how to work this computer and I am afraid I will lose this post if I try to do anything fancy...LOL! I am going to call my massage people and see if I can get in today with someone who can make this headache go away....I am also heading to my school to convince them I am an in state resident now so that my tuition won't be as much next semester.

Hope everyone is good....I read all your posts and will be back to catch up a bit later!!

Kisses...
Debra

Back again, today was Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin'. I haven't done this workout in a long, long, long time, but can jump right in because her cuing works with my brain. Will be busy after work today, just prepping for camping.

Debra, who knows about computers why they work or don't. I'm just grateful when everything goes well. Darn on the headache. Sheesh, that's way too long to have one. What do you think is the cause? Steak and shrimp, perfect! Nice combo of foods there. I can just see Julia all excited about her upcoming party. Any more incidents with your strange neighbors? Did they get a hint and stay away?

Patricia, sounds like you are still on a high from the baseball! Sounds like a fun time! I used to get that way about volleyball too. I have been known to hit a long putt and make it and then there is dancing on the green. LOL about your DH and the menu planning. I'll admit it, I love food and family occasions.

Talked to DS yesterday. He, his GF's son, and my grandson went to an archery 3D competition on Sunday. Grandson got 2nd out of 10 in his age group (he's 9), GF's son got 5th out of 15 and DS got 8th out of 180. They were pleased and had a great time. I'm hoping they took some pictures.

Got to go, busy day at work today. Hope it slows down soon. I keep thinking it will, but new projects keep arising. 4 days off will be nice, nice, nice!

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 3m Interval Run on TM (just to cold out this morning), and Caribbean Workout Hi/Lo Aerobics (this was actually fun). :D Will get in BBC Shoulders & Back weight work in later tonight.

Yesterday I had my hair cut/colored and eyebrows waxed. Feel like a new woman this morning. :7 :7 :7 Youngest DD is off to the zoo today, and it is a sunny day for them. Only other thing on the agenda is grocery shopping. DH will be staying home this weekend, so the girls and I will be heading up north. This means that I'm probably going to leave on Saturday morning to avoid all the traffic and deer. :D

Debra, One can never know about technology, but we are glad you are back. Sorry to hear about the three day headache, that doesn't sound like fun. Hope it leaves soon. Maybe Eoin might help, but I vote for the massage too.

Jeanette, Do you look at recipes like I do, read them like it was a book. :7 :7 I could spend the whole day just looking for something that I want to make. :7 I'm looking forward to seeing my parents and sibs this weekend, but the camping part is not getting the love! :7 :7 I'm sure that Cami is going to have a great time though. That is great for your family and their archery. Your GS did a great job coming in 2nd. Bet he was on a high just like Patricia! :7 :7

Patricia, Congrats on the BB win, and keep going with that high you did a great job. How often during the week will you be playing? That is a late game, do they have a one hour rule like the leagues I have been in? LOL about your mouse story, our old dog would hunt for mice and bring them home to us. x( On the 30 Day Shred... Does that DVD have chapters for you to break it down easily? Or will you just do the skip option?

Carol, Did you do a little wine tasting while on vacation! Now that is something that I like to do. :7 :7 :7

Wendy, Your thoughts on the 30 Day Shred are well thought out. Now that I think about it, I have the P90X+ which like Sandra said sounds just like the Shred. I also have my new BBC's that I can use as add-ons, since those are short. I still have a couple of weeks on this current BBC rotation, so I have some time to figure out what I want to do next. :D I'm saving my $ for now, and I can always try those workouts out from the On Demand channel.

Sandra, How are you doing today, busy busy busy I'm sure.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Yesterday was an unexpected rest day. My delts were sore and Phil was in a massaging mood.:D :D :D It's a busy day for me today. I don't know if I'll be able to fit a workout in before my massage tonight. I am so looking forward to it!!!! I could use this time to workout instead of chatting. Oh, well. If I do, it'll probably be something short like a CC or 4DS legs.

Jeanette: What kind of CC will you be baking this year?:9 Okay, you need to tell me what kind of weather you're having so I know whether to push you up with my cold hands or blow up with my hot air.:+ I'm not a weather woman ya know!;) I love that you said that about your delts. Maybe, I push myself so hard that I expect too much from my body? I have neoprene covered 5 and 8 pound dumbbells. Phil says I should just buy metal ones since the handles on mine are so thick. Maybe, I'll try scraping mine too??? You first!!!:7 I've put the thought of a weighted vest on hold. Knowing me, I'll wait until STS is released before I start thinking about getting one. LOL about your dh being shuuushed!!! Excuse me while I make an announcement...

Ladies (Traci/Stacy): I am NOT a Crazy Asian when it comes to the rearing and upbringing of my dog!!!! Even though it took me a good 10+ minutes to teach my dog some self control before getting in the car:p , I can assure you it was done with love and kindness!!!! Apparently, my dog knows that I'm the leader in this here pack since she's my constant shadow. Who does she go to when she wants anything???? Me! She pulls a Polly: puts her head on my lap, looks at me in the eye, and waits for me to call one of the kids.:7 She KNOWS it's really me who takes care of her!!!!:7

Patricia: Don't listen to Jeanette! She is NOT the laziest Xer!!!! She knows good and well that I AM the Laziest Xer. She's just jealous of me and my ability to take rest months!!!!:eek: :7 :+ While you're catching balls next Friday, I'll be working out. One thing about not being a morning person is that I don't mind being a late owl.

Debra: Well, it's about time you get a new computer! And, while you're at it, you may as well find out what kind of generator your retired policeman neighbor has and buy one of those too!!! :7 I can not have you texting me while your off line!!! Girl, next time CALL me!!! You know I never sleep!:+ I'd be slam dancing too if I were the Diva to get a break from spending her evenings alone with you in your condition!!!:eek: }( }( }( :+ Should the people at the college be afraid?!?!?!}( Today is a good day for you to go in there and set things straight!!!

Jeanette Again: Never ending headaches... It's called PMS without drugs. }( Other than the bike ride, will you be working out while camping? I can see it now... you could pull a Blissology in the wilderness while the other campers think you're on street drugs!:+ If it happens, I so want to see it on You Tube!!!!:7 :+ Congrats to your NON-Lazy offspring for the archery competition!!! See it must be genetic!!!:p ;)

Kim: Nice to see you pop in last night if it's only for a moment. I'm still jealous of your X+ purchase!!!!

Laurie: Where do you find all these exotic sounding workouts? You're much more open minded about different workouts than I must be. Oooo! Thanks for reminding me of my hair appointment for tomorrow night. It's scheduled for 7:00. Please take note and remind me.:7 ;) How's your brows. I got mine waxed for the FIRST time over Mother's Day weekend. I kid you not! I have mixed emotions about it. I think I'll let them grow out and go to someone with more experience with grooming a natural brow. I don't know how well thought out my thoughts were on the 30 Day Shred. I just know if it wasn't too difficult for me, there was no way you, a XXX, would even glisten!!! Hey, on second thought... The 30 Day Shred is too much for me!!! Do it instead of the X+ workouts. And, since those X+ dvds will get dusty, I'll be happy to dust them off for you.;) Did you ever buy a new jump rope?

Sandra: What black hole did you get sucked into yesterday? Hope your thesis edit is going well!!!!

Carol: Busy torturing the children again? ;)

Okay ladies, I've gotta get ready and go.

Talk more later.

Wendy

Anybody out there?

I'm going to take another rest day. After my massage, we're heading up to State College. My friend, who we stay with when we go up there, is in the hospital. He's elderly and doesn't have any family near him. His son lives in Colorado. I think he's a diabetic with his sugar issues. He also has high blood pressure. He's experiencing chest pains, headaches, and lightheadedness. They are keeping in the hospital until all the tests come back. Anyhow, Phil and I consider him like a Father to us and a grandfather to our children. Phil is taking the rest of the week off from work.

I'll try to check in with mini-updates till I get back home. I probably won't get home until sometime next week.

Wendy

Good afternoon!

I see a few people are showing some interest in P90X and the Plus. Don't say we need to go back to calling ourselves the Xers, do we? :eek: ;)

Wendy - you asked if I've seen any gains yet? Not really, no. I'm only in the start of the third week, though. Actually, I'm not sure what kind of gains I should expect to see from this, as it's not the heavy kind of lifting that I was doing with P90X Classic. The reps are in the 10-15 kind of range, most of the moves are compound and functional-fitnessed oriented. So, I'm not lifting terribly heavy weights, unless you count my own body weight LOL! Chest is still worked via push ups, and back is worked via pull/chin ups. There's a really high cardio factor with these workouts, I find. I think I'm probably going to see more muscle definition with these. The pull/chin ups do wonderful things for my back, and I really like that. I seem to be getting lots of good comments on my physique these days, so I guess good stuff is happening. However, I absolutely recommend that you wait until your shoulder is 100% better before diving into these.

Laurie - Will this be your first running race? Oh, please do join me in a Plus rotation! I'm seeing all sorts of muscle gain and definition, my veins are popping and I have a clear 6pack! Okay, this is all a joke to see if Wendy's paying attention. But if you're on the fence about starting a rotation, please let me tip you over to my side. If nothing else, the different kind of weight work will be a refreshing change. Oh, that story about your dad is extremely tragic and sad. I'm so sorry he's had to live with that. My father was the only one present when his twin brother drowned. They were five, and couldn't swim. They decided to go canoing, without telling anyone, and got stuck out in the boat, unable to get to the shore. So, they decided to jump. My dad jumped first, and landed on the shore. But this pushed the boat farther away from the shore, so when his twin jumped, he missed the shore and drowned. Dad ran for help, but by time Grandma got there, it was too late. I wonder how my dad would have been different, if he hadn't watched his twin drown? Oh, what a downer this post has become. Moving on!

Patricia - What's this? You're curious again about P90X? Hmmm. I don't know what to say about liking/disliking Tony. He's....Tony. I don't mind him a bit, and find him rather funny/goofy. He definitely knows his stuff, but I don't find that he takes himself too seriously. He's got a great physique, and he's proud of that, but he's also quick to put credit where it's due. My husband did the P90 workouts for 90 days and the Tony in those is more subdued than the one in P90X. I like his energy in P90X; makes me push myself harder than I otherwise would. He's back with fresh new quips in the Plus workouts. Oh, and in case you really, really can't stand him, there is a menu choice of "music and cues only" for all the workouts that edits out the superfluous comments. Maybe that's your solution LOL! The only thing I had to buy for P90X was a pull up bar that fits across my doorway, and heavier dumbells! I did the strength-focused "classic" rotation 2x. The weight workouts are the superior part of the P90X and Plus series; for cardio I still prefer the more choreographed, dancy approach of Cathe (and recently, Amy Bento).

Jeanette - Yes, I'm doing a Plus rotation, although am committing myself only on a week to week basis. With only 5 workouts in the series, I'm going to burn out on them before 12 weeks are up! Yes, I've gotten used to the clipless peddles, but haven't been out for a ride in about 10 days. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance. Edmonton has a festival this year that is focusing on bicycles: all kinds. I'm sure there's going to be some weird variations. You see people riding around town on the most bizarre things that I think loosely fall into the "bicycle" category. The Tour de l'Alberta is July 27. I feel comfortable right now that I can do it, especially with all the breaks and food they give you. I'll be tired by the end of it, but I know I can do it. I hear triathlon training is indeed very time consuming. It's not something I have a burning desire to do right now, either. Frankly, the idea of swimming in a lake is completely unappealing. They don't get very warm in this area.

Debra - I was wondering why you were so quiet lately. I'm glad the computer has exorcised its demon, and you're back on board! What's going on with that head? Poor dear.

I don't think I ever mentioned to you all that a few weeks ago I switched my registration the Y course from personal training (Individual Conditioning) to Group Fitness? They didn't publicize the IC course well enough this session, and only 3 people signed up. So, they decided to cancel it and offer it again in September. I told them I was intending to do the Group Fitness in September anyway, so I'd just switch over. So, I'm learning to become a step instructor. That's rather complicated business, I must say. I think for my first workout I'll just teach them Step Blast :p Can I do that?? I've got it memorized. I did IntervalX+ and Abs/core+ this morning, then went off to the Y and did a step class. I wanted to see how the Y teaches step; how complicated they make it, how intense, etc. Turns out, it's not very complicated, and only as intense as you want to make it. I should be able to put something together that fits the bill. Wish me luck.

Well, that's all for now. I have a feeling I'll be the only one around this weekend. Looks like most of you have some holiday plans.

Cheers!
Sandra

Goodness, I'm doing the S&H series this week along with my runs and have I ever got DOMS;( After doing Legs/Shoulders Monday night, I had trouble holding a pen at work on Tues because my thumb had DOMS LOL, it was sore from holding the heavy dumbbells because I don't have a barbell set. Today I did the chest/back one.

Patricia- I like the results from S&H but the workouts are quite boring. She does a one minute rest before sets so I often get the basement tidied up while doing the workout. :p DH bought me P90X for Christmas. It was a nice change after years of mostly Cathe and running. I saw some good changes in strength I think I would have seen better results if I had cleaned up my eating which is always my downfall. I think Cathe's workouts are more fun but I liked the structure of the 3 month program. I think STS will be the best of both worlds! we just bought a pull up bar at Walmart that fits in the doorway.
I've done the 5am workout thing before but it doesn't seem to be a habit that sticks very well. It's great coming home from work and having the evening to relax. I'm glad that you're enjoying baseball so much.

Sandra That's so tragic about your uncle. It would have been so heartbreaking for the whole family.
Are you doing the classis version of P90X+? Laurie sent me the rotations and I'm thinking of doing the lean rotation starting mid June after the marathon.

Jeanette Those pikes on the ball (PUB) used to be so difficult especially with tired arms but I'm so much better at them since finished P90X! Yummy, cheesecake! DH's birthday is on Sunday so will make him a cake haven't asked him what he wants yet. I read the reviews on CC#8 it sounds good but not out yet. I don't have any more room on my MP3 player though. Have fun this weekend! Congrats to your family on their standing at the archery competitions!

Laurie Thanks for the rotations (See my above post to Sandra) Poor Cami! ;) One of the retired physiotherapist brings a trained therapy dog in on Wednesday afternoons to see patients. He's a beautiful golden lab,Saxon, and today his "brother" came who he is training and he just got certified. Saxon was in a couple of commercials and one movie "Shall We Dance" with Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere.
WTG on signing up for the race! You'll do great! When is it??

Carol Welcome back!

Debra- Glad to see you posting again, weird about the computer. Hope the headache goes soon. I've been having tooth pain ever since the dentist appt last Friday I'm not sure if I should go back in or not.

Wendy Please update us on how your friend is doing! Hope everything is okay.

Kim

Hey Coolers

Just finished Patricia Moreno's Kickin core w/o (I think that was the name) and did some extra stretching. Feeling a little bit sore from yesterday. Been very busy at work and have to get ready for some internal auditors coming from our H.O. on Monday and staying for a few days;( Oh well, as long as you have the right answers...

Laurie - I've been trying to get in and do some waxing and I'm starting to get embarrased. Will try to some tonight on my own. OUCH OUCH OUCH. I'm with you on reading cook books. I probably own 50 and rarely do any of the receipes but I like to fantasize doing them. I look for the ones with the least amount of ingredients:p :p Luckily the BB games are only 1:15min. I just reviewed the complete schedule are there are several at 9:45. 8:30 wasn't too bad as I was home by 10. I used to play where it took me 45 min. to drive home so it became a late night especially if I went to the bar (which was most times):) :) the shred dvd isn't chaptered but it was easy to skip from the strength to cardio to abs so you don't have FF. I think I have the Caribbean w/o and have done it a few times. I may have to pull it out and refresh my memory on it. Have you seen the new t.v season of this? Any idea what happened to Shelly?

Wendy - hope you enjoyed your massage. All I have to say is "DOGS DROOL, CATS RULE". But your're right - animals know who take care of them but why is it the cat sleeps at my feet and not DH? Hey after your eyebrow wax how long did it take b/4 you could go out in public? My face turns sooo red where I get waxed I always have to schedule it for when I'm going straight home and no where else. Hmm, I think I'll believe probably are the LAZY X'ER what with all freakin massages you get. I swear if we re-read some of these posts over the last month I'll bet you've gotten a massage pretty much every day!!!:-( :-( :p Just jealousy talking here. I just read where you're having to visit a sick friend. I hope all goes well and that he isn't in the hospital for too long. My DH is a diabetic and I always worry about him as he doesn't take care of himself at all. It sounds like this would be a recent diagnosis though for him? If so he is lucky that its later in life (if you want to call it luck).

Sandra - you read my mine about the name change too. Hmm, the only things I think I'm grateful now that STS won't be out this summer since I'm playing BB 2x a week. Does P90X+ require the same 6 day/week commitment? I don't think so. LOL at the joke on Wendy. I wasn't starting to get confused myself.:) Isn't it amazing how we can feel so sorry for other peoples tragedies? Did you find your father was cautious/scared around water for you kids? Stop enabling me right now. MUST USE WHAT I HAVE, MUST USE WHAT I HAVE, MUST USE WHAT I HAVE;( ;( DH has noticed the increased amount of DVD's coming into the house this year. Told him to mind his own business, but wait until STS comes LOL.

Debra - I'm LOL at the comment about how to use the computer. I was at a Honda dealership one time waiting for my oil change and I'm playing with the computer and I have no idea what I did but it stopped working. I just got up and slinked away to look at cars. When I came back to the waiting room there was another guy trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I just ignored him hoped to be gone quick.:p :p Hope your computer stays up & running. Do you have Vista? I'm not sure what goes on with mine but 2x now its gone "down" for several hours but like yours miracurously (sp?) it came back to life (knock on wood). Jealous of your long weekend and then you have pool side weather. We 2x now have gotten steaks from Costco and they've been fabulous. I highly recommend them especially if you get CBL to BBQ them.:p So you get different rates at University if you're a permanent resident. I've never heard that b/4? As far as I know up here we all pay the same amount. You would think you would get it cheaper if you're out of state due to living accomodations req'd. Hope CBL gets his passport. How long does it take. Usually it takes 3-4 weeks unless you fast track it. DH unexpectly had to go to work in the Bahamas 2 winters ago and he didn't have one. His birth certificate was shredded so he first had to get that issued somehow overnight then get his passport fast tracked which I think he got in 3 days. A lot of runnding around for that let me tell you. (oh well none done by me:) )

Okay, time to go upstairs and do some waxing myself. Chat tomorrow.

Hey Kim - the pull-up bar that fits in the doorway - can you still do assissted pull-ups like put a chair underneath it I guess? It's not something that you could have installed 1/2 way day the doorway to do the lying pull-ups like in the Blog? I've been wondering about buying one. I'm missing one of the S&H tapes (I think back & chest) so have not done a rotation yet. I think I've just done bi/tris. I was wondering if I could substitute the 4DS to complete the set for back/chest and maybe modify it. At yoga last week we were being taught how to do something like the pikes on the ball but w/o the ball so figured if I could master it on the ball I'd be laughing do it on the mat! I've decided I'm doing the abs 1st from now on when I do PUB. I've seen that suggestion a few times now. I agree with you with STS being the best of both worlds so while sometimes I think about buying the X I'll probably hold off. Did you results convince DH to give it a try at all? I don't own a BB set yet either and I was noticing my hands getting tired holding the weights the other day so it's on my list for sometime b/4 STS comes.

Jeanette - way to go on the archery for the gang. I've done a bit of it in our backyard growing up and its fun (and painful if you don't do it right;-) ). Used to do tommyhawk and knife throwing too. But never any competitions.;-) I sometimes think about getting my gun license and take-up target shooting as I think perfecting a marksmen sports would be fun and challenging.

Okay really off now for some waxing if I can stay awak.

Hi girls,
Got the cheesecake made tonite, folded and put away some clothes, helped DH hook up the trailers, loaded some food, grocery shopped, etc. DH and I will take off right after we get home from work. First camping meal will be chili beans with cheese on top. Coffee or cocoa around the campfire.

Laurie, I'm envious about your cut and color. Mine feels so long on top. Gets so heavy and flat. Have to wait another week for it. Is your DH staying home so he can finish your dress?? I love cookbooks but honestly rarely cook anymore. Now baking I enjoy. When is the race that you signed up for? How long is it? I'm proud of you that you are doing that.

Wendy, all your talk about massage is making me want one real bad. I used to get them once a month, but gave them up to have my hair colored. Now I want both. I just looked at the weather and we may get showers during our bike ride on Saturday. So....I need your DRY hands as I may get soaked. Make that WARM and DRY hands pushing me. My girlfriend wants to ride the metric and maybe a little further. If it's raining or threatening, that part will be off. None of us like to ride in the rain. Without fenders on your bike, the water soaks you from water coming off the wheels of the bike. Can really send a spray up your backside. And yes, I am very jealous of your rest months. There. I said it. Jealous, jealous, jealous. It's not fair. Okay, just for that, I'm NOT going to work out while camping. I was going to do these mega long workouts every day, to where I felt like puking, but in an effort to hold my Laziest Xer title, I refuse to work out at all. Not even any Blissology. The only thing I'll be lifting is a cup of coffee or the binoculars. Hope your friend recovers and gets out of the hospital. I will send up a prayer for him. I need to get a knive out and start scraping that neoprene.

Sandra, when I did my unsuccessful triathlon a couple years ago, I had NO desire to put my head in the water of that lake. If we had a pool in our town, I think I would see about swimming more and getting to the point where I could maybe do a sprint triathlon. However, our pool was old and they closed it down due to safety concerns. I'm sure you will be ready for the bike ride in July. It's all about pacing yourself.

Kim, wow, DOMS thumbs! I would think that's something Wendy would get from her Blackberry. Good job on the strong core and arms while doing the stability ball pikes in PUB! I used to be better at them, but this old gray mare, she aint what she used to be. I too liked the structure of P90X, but disliked the cardio in it. STS will be much better I'm sure.

Patricia, seems like you and I have a lot of the same interests. DH and I have gone to some black powder shoots so I learned to throw the hawk and knife. I enjoy doing that and shooting guns too.

Girlies, I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Off to bed soon.

Tillie just made me laugh. She heard DH go turn the water on for his shower. She made a beeline to a Queen Anne type chair in our living room. She was hiding underneath it. The minute the shower water turned off, out she scooted to go see DH and probably lick the water off of his ankles. She hates the shower. Silly little stinker.

Nightie, night.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.