~~Tuesday Melting!!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did an I-Train 40 minute, 297 calories. My calf really had DOMS from yesterdays eliptical workout,. Only one of them though..strange.

Judy:
Hope you enjoyed that spin class and shopping!

Shannon:
Keep your head above the water! LOL.

B:
sorry to hear you got the bug! I advise that we all wear masks when on the forums.:7

Emily:
What are buckeyes? Inquiring minds want to know!

Tneah:
See how everyone is different! I love the I-Trains but hate Tony H's cardio ! Love his upper body weight work, but hate the leg workout in P90x. Will you be posting those pics?

Michele:
Cudos on fitting into those jeans :7. Try Zappos.com for your red shoes.

Lainie:
Your rotation sounds very energetic! Yes I use I-Trains every time I am on the treadmill.

Shelley:
So sorry to hear about Sophie's incident at school. Kids can be so mean :-(. At least the other mother accepted the fact that her daughter has a problem.. most of the time you hear that they defend the little brats even when they know they are guilty. Hopefully she will be doing something to stop this from happening again.

Cari:
Hang in there. We are all here to support you.

Do you think we will ever get a blog update??

Have a great day!

Deb ;-)

Morning, Melters -

The water workout wasn't what I had expected, and I'm feeling pretty glum. And to make it worse, I had pain in my calf afterward, again. And then I woke up at 2 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep... it just wasn't a very wonderful night. I already vented extensively by email to an understanding friend, so I'll spare you. But if you've got any encouragement you'd like to give, now would be a good time.

I'll try to come back for personals later, when more people are around.

Goooooooood mornin' Melters!

Alright, a few of you have asked about Buckeyes. The fact is, you probably DON'T want to know, as Buckeyes are not conducive to melting. ;-) They are basically peanut butter balls (made of peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla) dipped in chocolate almost to the top, so that they look like actual buckeyes (the tree nut). And for the record, I am in no way affiliated with Ohio State. I just happen to like this candy and it's really easy to make. :9

This morning I did MM Upper Body and Coremax 1, so I'm feeling nice and pumped. :)

Deb, good job on the iTrain!

Shannon, I'm sorry your water workout wasn't what you hoped it would be. (((hugs)))

tneah, getting your body fat measured is a great idea! You should see if there's a hospital or gym that has a BodPod - it's as accurate as hydrostatic (underwater) weighing, but it's done in air instead of water, so you don't have to hold your breath. The local gym here charges $35, I think, for a BodPod analysis.

Michele, do tell us about your unhealthy, dirty food from the weekend. :9 }( Good job fitting into your black jeans again!!!

Lainie, your rotation looks great! Lots of variety there! :)

Shelley, I am postiviely aghast at what happened to Sophie yesterday. Poor Sophie! Is it wrong that I want to beat up that bully girl????

Cari, I hope you aren't coming down with something. Sending healthy vibes your way!

Hey girls!

Just popping in quickly to check in. No time for personals today!

I got up at 4:30, took the dogs out, then ran five miles on the treadmill. Now I can go home after work and put on my comfy clothes and veg!

Good Morning All!

I am so sorry about Sophie, mean girls, I went to school with mean girls too:-( Poor baby, I am not a parent but can only imagine how livid you must have been. I am like a mama bear when it comes to protecting those I love, and it would have been hard not to go tear into those girls. Hugs to Sophie. And don't worry, you aren't gaining, and have already lost quite a bit Shelley!:)

Buckeyes sound oh so yummy, anything that involves sugar and pbutter...oh my!}(

Shannon, cheer up girl, and go get that calf checked again. Should a muscle tear take this long to heal? I am not a medical pro or anything, just wonder if there is something else going on in there? Hugs to you, I would be so frustrated too!

Deb, I love Plyox!}( Crazy isn't it??

To all the rest of you lovely lasses, a big hug and a big "hello!'

Ok, here are some "early in the AM, no makeup" pics a friend took last week. My DH says I look better in person cause you get the whole "energy" that is me:) but whatever, he is silly. My poses are silly, obviously I have forgotten how to "strike a pose", but, as you can see, I have pretty good muscle tone in the arms, need to bring out the abs though...and you cannot tell, but one side of the butt needs work--from my hip surgery. I need alot of work frankly.

Yo, girlfriends. I'm doing Clean Max today instead of my planned workout. I know; it's terrible--only the second day of my new rotation and already I'm messing it up. I just figured I'd do today's tomorrow instead of or in addition to the planned yoga. I just got in a cleaning mood today and my mom is probably arriving on Monday. I have to clean before Mom sees my house! Of course, with two little boys and a DH, I'll just have to clean again before she gets here, but I can at least make some headway in advance.

I got teacher gifts today for both the Kindergarten and nursery school teachers (5 in total and I only have 2 kids--yikes) so I think I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. We worked out with my in-laws that we won't exchange gifts until we come visit in the spring, so I don't have to get theirs until the after-Christmas sales. ;)

Cari, get some rest and I hope you feel better and more energetic soon.

Deb, they really have made us wait a long time for a blog update, haven't they? Sheesh. I know they're working on new forums, but they could at least mention that in the blog, ya know.

Shannon, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} so sorry you are discouraged and having calf pain. I don't know what to tell you--just take heart; you know that healing takes time.

Emily, oh lord, wish I didn't know about Buckeyes now. They sound like something I would like. And considering I had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast (I know, terrible, and especially on a day I'm not working out!) I really wouldn't need any Buckeyes.

Shelley, I am pissed on your daughter's behalf that those girls were so awful to her. Girls can be so nasty to each other; I remember that well from having to move a lot as a kid and being the picked on new kid a lot. I hope you can work this out without having to resort to murder or something.

Tneah, well, did I call it or what? You are one sexy chick, as I imagined. You don't look like you need work to me (it's me that needs work compared to you--yeesh). So if you aren't photogenic you must be even sexier in person. :7 I also never feel that my pictures do me justice, but in my case I think it's just a weird case of imagining myself differently than I actually am. If you've heard that joke: "there's a skinny woman inside of me crying to get out, but I stuff that witch with cookies to shut her up"--that's me.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Ummmmm... tneah, dear? Why are you trying to melt? You look fan-freaking-tastic!!! Look at those ARMS! And I hope I'm not too forward in saying this, but you have a great rack too. ;) If my "after" pictures look half as good as your "before" pictures, well, I'll be pretty darn happy.

Lainie, I hope you have fun with CleanMax. That's probably my least favorite workout. It would be way more fun if there was a Cathe DVD to accompany it, though, dontcha think? "Okay, now we're going to triple step around the living room while dusting the shelves!" "It's time for the mopping interval blast!" :p

Shelley, stop being busy and come play with us. ;)

Hiya Melter's!!

Oh my, Tneah, I hate you :p . Just kidding of course, but -- oh man -- I hate you!! You look FANTASTIC!! You have some really nice definition in your arms, and your abs look pretty darn awesome, too. I don't know how you looked before surgery, but I'll take your bod any day ;)

I'm doing prrretty good today. I haven't had any junk so far. I still need to do my workout, though. I have yet again changed my mind about which rotation I'm going to do :p . Cathe posted a 16 week weight loss rotation back in 2001 and I'm going to use it as a template. If anyone is interested, I posted it in todays hater's thread.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll see you tomorrow morning. :)

Hi Melters! I'm still here at work waiting for a job to finish so I thought I'd check in. This morning was S+H biceps and triceps. I realized this afternoon that I forgot to weigh in yesterday. Shh, don't tell anybody but I think I'm feeling a little thinner ;) so I hope the scale will reflect that feeling.

Deb: I hope the calf thing isn't contagious too! Make sure you rest it if it doesn't feel right.

Shannon: Keep your chin up. If you want to vent to us too, go right ahead! We're here to support you.

Emily: I think I've had those buckeyes before, just never knew they had a name. My mom used to make them and they didn't last long in our house.

Shelley: Good job on the early morning run!

Tneah: Not that we'd boot you off the melters thread ;) , but woman you look awesome! I see your ab definition just fine in the picture. I don't see where you need any work there, or anywhere for that matter!

Lainie: Clean Max does count as a workout, so don't think for a minute you are slacking off

Michele: I'll have to take a look at that 2001 rotation. I'm kind of doing my own thing right now - three day split and three cardio - but after this week or next it's time to change it up.

Hi everyone. Well today I lost my voice. I think my coworkers and kids thought that was great. But oddly I did feel not so tired today so I got my workout in.

Shannon - I am sorry the water workout was not as you expected. That is disappointing.

I love Buckeyes. Those use to be my Christmas goodie of choice. I think I still have the recipe memorized. Something like a pound of butter, a pound of peanut butter and a pound of powdered sugar. Balled up and dipped in Chocolate. I purposely do not make those anymore because I could eat the whole batch.

tneah - your arms and actually the rest of you is unbelievable. I am so jealous of your arms though.

Lainie - hope cleanmax went well today. Not the funnest workout.

Michele - good luck on the rotation.

Cari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.