~~Roaring 40's and beyond!!~~

Started STS!

Yes, I decided to do STS. And DH has decided to do it with me. (We'll see how long that lasts!)

One of the "challenges" of having DH do STS is establishing his one-rep max numbers. I actually had to get him an account here at Cathe World in order to have the Workout Manager do the calculations.

Then it hit me: He'll be able to go on the forums and see everything I write -- including the stuff about him! Eeeek! :eek:

I found a solution, however. Since I know he won't be poking around his own account, I went to the "ignore" options and added myself to the list. That means he won't see anything that I post anywhere (I think), so I'm safe. (Whew!)

Seriously, it's not likely that he's going to be cruising the forums anyway. But he will be able to track his progress and his stats.

I'm feeling a little less blue, so I'll be checking in more regularly than last week. I hope everyone has a good week!

Hi guys.

Been very quiet around here! (this thread)

I took a rest day yesturday, woken this morning with a "funny" back. Its a bit twingy.
Kathyrn glad to hear you are beginning to feel a bit better. What was the decision about the school? It'll be nice to work out with your DH. Mine keeps saying hes going to start doing some weight training but so far that hasn't come to fruition.

Todays workout is a Charlean Push circuit, and I'll add on some cardio.
Hoping everyone is healthy and ok.

I guess everyone is busy, I know I am! I did DM scrambled pm today. My glutes and hamstrings were sore from STS Disc6 yesterday!

Not too much here, just seems there's never enough minutes in the day to get everything done. I've dropped out of my other checkins, but I"m sticking with my over 40 crowd, I guess we are the only busy ones! :p

Hi girls! I feel bad not checking in sooner, then I see everyone is swamped with their real lives! I am really enjoying STS, one of my better purchases in life! I am trying to get my legs to look, well, better! So today I did, plyo legs, I will do the other leg w/o on Fri., hope that is enough time to let them rest! Andrea, hope your back feels better. Are you still enjoying CLX? Hey, Kathryn, How nice that your DH is doing this with you, mine says he likes to do his own thing. I think he is afraid of the leg work! We will have to make sure he's not lurking here!! LOL! Hi to you LIsa. Hello to all that follow, I have to go and do some homework, (not mine, of course!) Talk to ya later. Mary

Andrea, thanks!

Kathryn glad to hear you are beginning to feel a bit better. What was the decision about the school?

Andrea, The deadline for re-enrolling is this Friday. I just know DH is going to prevail (he's like that), so I'm trying to think of a way to make it less painful for me and for DD. Maybe it will be for the best. I'm just going to have to find a way to make it work out -- for her sake.

My horoscope today was: "Do not fret over matters over which you have no power." Not that I believe in horoscopes, but it seems like sanity-saving advice. Thanks for asking.

I hope the situation is better where you are, and the fires are all under control. Keep us posted!

HI all,

I too have been busy. The kids and DH have been making me crazy. I missed several work outs. I did STS today, at 2am, the only time I had to myself! I am glad I did it though. Anyway, I hope things calm down for all of us or at least that things are bearalb all around. See you soon.

Murph

Hi everyone! I did STS D7 CSB today. That STS really works you, then silly me carried a few pieces of furniture up the stairs since I"m rearranging the furniture in a couple of rooms in the house and the rooms are on a differnet level and I want to exchange some pieces of furniture with the pieces in the other room. WHEW! Of course I had to pack my son's things away before I moved the furniture I wanted to move and of course DUST IT OFF! My UB is fried and I feel dusty!

Thursday morning

Hi All!

Busy week with not much time to check in here and with so many other check ins I post in well :eek:

Hoping you all are doing well this Thursday.

DH's work schedule has changed he is now on days for the moment and I'm not getting used to having to share our bed after sleeping every night on my own for over a year so my sleep cycle is getting affected.

He wakes me up between 1 -3 am; as when he gets home from work by 6 pm he is out for the rest of the evening. He has his alarm set to go off at 3am to leave the house by 445 but man these past three days I am feeling sluggish and irritable.

All you STS folks sound like your having a good time with it.

Murph working out at 2am? Thats just crazy for me to even think it but whatever works right?

Kathryn sending you big hugs

Andrea how are you enjoying Chalean ? With STS all over the boards now I don't see it mentioned much and I'm wanting to know how it is also. I'm still waiting to see if STS is for me or not.

I've been doing circuits/ cardio mixed w/ some kettlebells lately.

Well time for me to get the kids up and ready for school have a great one all!

picture.php

Hi everyone, No w/o for me today, one of my lovely children gave me a wretched head cold. It came out of no where. I am so disappointed, hopefully tomorrow or sat., I will be able to do disc 9. I am sorry for the pity party. Vilma, sorry about the waking up in the middle of the night. That is painful! Murphy, you are so funny. 2am!!?? They must be making you crazy! Kathryn, hope all goes well. I am thinking about you. Andrea, how are you? Are they fires gone yet? I have been thinking about you too. Lisa, glad you are enjoying the w/o's. I wonder where Ronne is? Have a good night. I have to go blow my nose! (again!) Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.