~~Melting Away Thursday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Just thought I would get the thread started this am. I did 4DS Biceps, Triceps, and added the shoulder workout. 53 minutes- 238 calories.

I will be back later for personals!

Deb:)

Hi, I'm back.

Robin:
Do you take any supplements for joints? I started taking something called "Move Free Advanced" about a year ago and I really think it helped my knee issues. I used to get sore knees from kickbox, and even jogging. Now unless I do something stupid ( happens once in a while!) they are pain free. Even if I hurt one in some way, in a day or two it is back to normal. The Harry Potter party sounds like fun! what creative people you must work with.

Judy:
We usually do get a lake effect storm, but so far so good!

Shelley:
Yes I am in Buffalo! It is so cold here today. We were walking the dogs about a half hour ago and my nose is still cold!

Emily:
Stay away from Dairy Queen! We don;t have that problem here because they all are closed until March:7

Shannon:
Don't give up! See you melted a little already! .

Tneah:
Your tree looks wonderful! Yes, the morning workout always puts me in a good mood. Then I go to workx(

B:
You will love the HRM, however beware, it is addicting if you are an anal retentive person like I am. :D Good for you on eating the salad instead of pizza!

Michele:
Hope you had a good workout with CC.

Lainie:
glad to hear your ankle is on the mend! Do you write down the calories burned on your Cathe calendar or in a log of some type?

Cari:
Get back up on this wagon... we are here to lift you up!

Have a great day

Deb

;-)

Hi Deb and all who follow!

Deb - how great that you're that close to me! Yes, it's freezing here this morning too. I took the dogs out at 5:30 and wore many layers

Tneah - your tree is gorgeous! I love the way you've decorated it. It looks like your house is very contemporary, so I bet it goes beautifully.

Gotta run but will bbl for more personals! (At least I hope I will - work has been stupid this week and my boss is in a less-than-happy mood.)

Howdy, Melters! Hang on, because this may be a bit long.

I got some good news yesterday! I'm going to start running again!! ;) ;)

Okay, so it's running in the pool, on the deep end, so my feet never actually hit the floor. My PT said I'll wear a flotation belt that will let me float so my head is above water but the rest of me is submerged, and I'll run that way. She assures me that I'll get a very good workout. So, I'm going to try to make it three times a week.

When the PT came in, she could tell I was pretty disgusted, and I told her everything about the past weekend, etc. She did the usual ultrasound massage, etc., but commented that it probably wasn't making much difference and that we needed another approach. We'd discussed water therapy before, but she backed off when I told her I didn't know how to swim. But this time, I brought it up, and I assured her I wasn't scared of the water, but had a healthy respect for it. She says that as long as I come when there's a tech on duty, I should be okay.

She's moving me into their "step up" program. I won't have regular PT sessions, but I can come to the clinic as often as I want and use their exercise equipment. At this point, that means only the pool. The fee is normally $25/month, but she waived it for December because of some billing issues.

She said I should definitely cut back on walking, though she knows that I have to do some, like to take care of the horses and walk the dog. Limited lower body exercises - probably stability ball only, and some of those I won't be able to do either, like the roll-ins for the hamstrings, since the calf really works to stabilize.

She also said that if this doesn't show improvement in a month, I'll probably need to see an orthopedist. She said that most likely he (yes, a he - she recommended a good one)would put me in some sort of a boot and possibly crutches since it's being so blasted stubborn. Keep your fingers crossed that THAT doesn't happen. It's a month away, and I'm looking for improvement!!!

So, I get my cardio back. Whew. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that, even if it is in the water. I want to find some sort of a portable CD player that I can play Cardio Coach with, so I'll have some inspiration to keep "running" for an hour or so.

Thanks for bearing with me on this!

I am so happy for you Shannon. I haven't done it personnaly but I have some friends who do water workouts and they love it and it is suppose to be a really good workout.

Cari

Happy Thursday everyone!

I did Rhythmic Step this morning (so much fun!) despite being totally tired and not wanting to get out of bed. ;)

Deb, good job on all that upper body work! :) Don't worry about me and Dairy Queen - as long as it's crazy cold outside, I don't crave ice cream. That's a good thing!

Shannon, I'm so glad you get your cardio back! :D And way to go on your weight loss!!!

Robin, your Harry Potter party (say that 3 times fast!) sounds like so much fun and so yummy! Don't worry about gaining weight from just one party. It's when you eat that kind of food every other day that it becomes a problem.

Tneah, your tree looks SO COOL! Love it! And if your IT guys couldn't figure out how to post pictures, then you might want to think about hiring new IT guys! :eek:

Michele, I hope you feel better soon! Lainie, you too!

Cari, I can't resist big soft chocolate chip cookies either. It's my biggest weakness! Shopping for 2 hours definitely counts for some form of exercise, though. :)

Hi all!

I'm still not 100% healthy, but I feel a little better so I hope that means I'll be all better soon. I can't go to the doctor today anyway because DH's car is behind mine and I can't drive it because it's a stickshift. I know, I'm pitiful-sounding again. :p

Anyway, since I'm a little better and since I got the go ahead from my PT to try some cardio (I'm also celebrating good news, Shannon) I'm going to try a workout later when Ewan naps. I haven't decided what I'll do yet--maybe LIC. Next week I want to start an actual rotation--maybe the Nov. 4DS rotation or something.

Has anyone had trouble with the forums being slow to load today? Other websites seem o.k. but the forums have been pokey for me.

Deb, I used to keep a regular workout journal where I write down the calories burned; now it just goes on an online tracker on Weight Watchers (but in the form of WW activity points). I ordered a 2008 Cathe Calendar so I might write it on that next year. I have also written it on my list of my workouts to keep track of what I burn on each workout, but I usually forget to write it there.

Shelley, it's really cold down here, too, though probably not as cold as it is up there. Brrrrr. I was going to go walking in the village today but instead we're staying in the house.

Shannon, congrats on being able to do some cardio. I'm hoping to get back to my regular cardio now, but it's really just testing the ankle first to see how it feels. I hope it goes well.

Cari, I also have a weakness for big soft chocolate chip cookies. I feel pounds coming on just thinking about them....

Emily, ooh, I love RS! One of my favorite step workouts.

Hello to everyone who follows!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Good morning Melters!!

Has anyone had trouble getting on the forums this morning? I was able to log on just fine, but it took FOREVER to actually get ON the forums. I didn't have a problem with any other websites so I wondered if SNM was doing some site maintenance or something.

I did my workouts in stages yesterday -- cardio first, then dinner, then rest :p , then 4DS chest and back. I seem to do better if I take a break in between cardio and weights, I just made sure to do a short warm up before lifting. I made the mistake of pushing it with the chest flys, though. I need to bear in mind that my elbow is still sore and it's probably NOT a good idea to do flys with heavy weights x(

Deb - You're so spunky in the morning :7 . I wish I had some of that, whatever that is -- lol! ^5's for your workout this morning. I might have to check out that Move Free Advanced stuff. I never heard of it before. I feel an occasional twinge in my knees, but mostly it's my left hip that drives me crazy.

Shelley - Maybe you should spike the office water cooler with a little something to give your boss a bright and cheery disposition :p. How's your elbow doing?

Cuz - That's wonderful that your PT cleared you for water aerobics. I saw that A-Jock replied to your post yesterday, too. It looks like she had tons of great info for you. Oh gosh, I hope you don't end up in a cast. Go easy will ya!? :*

Cari - Like Deb said -- we're here to lift you up! I'm glad to see you back here :) . Now please pass the cookies :9

Evily - I called the DQ near you and told them NOT to serve you :p . ^5's for making it through Rhythmic Step so early in the morning. I can't do that no matter the time of day ;) . I am feeling better this morning -- thank you!

Lainie - Oh yeah, I had a nice nap yesterday. I must've needed it because I rarely take naps. It was like I didn't have a choice. I fell asleep and there was no waking me up. I'm so excited that you've been given the green light to return to your normal exercise routine! You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Robin - Hands down, your office throws the best parties! Where on earth did you find HP recipes!? I'm glad you were able to do a nice workout, too. Did you find a brace for your knee?

I have legs and core on tap for today. I can't decide what to do next week after this rotation is over. Weight loss is my goal -- should I stick with heavy weights or return to endurance workouts? This whole working out 5 - 6 days a week thing is still so new to me :p

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!!

Good Morning All!

Well, it sounds like everyone is 'chipper" today despite the cold!:) Frankly, I wish we had that snow here, its supposed to rain this weekend, so I am ready to start the fireplace and light the candles--my DH loves that show "24" and bought the whole of last season, so we might have a "24" marathon tomorrow.I am not sure whether I am thrilled or not, I prefer my "Friends" marathons!

I am thrilled to see that you can "run" again Shannon, wish you lived closer, I would toss you in our pool!:) I hate to swim, but have in the past, used the pool and that aqua exercise equipment to workout, and its tough-you'll see.

Good to hear you are feeling better Lainie, thank goodness, but still, if you have a fever don't even think about working out or else you might wind up back where you started.

To everyone else(Robin, TK, Cari, Cuz, Deb, Shelley, Michelle and Mich) have a wonderful day... after yesterdays "food fest" with all those people here, I have a ton of leftovers (I already dumped the black and white cookies-too tempting to have around) so all thats left really is the lox and the potato pancakes which I can say no to.
Another 4DS workout this AM, I think its chest/back...boy, these do not feel tough, but the next day, you really feel 'em!}( I will sub the HIS step cardio for something else though, I have tried and tried and probably will never catch on to it...

'Morning melting maidens! Sorry I've been a bit MIA for a few days. I've had a yukky stomach for a few days so I've not been online much when home. It feels better when I lay down so I've been a couch potato after work. One good thing about a bad stomach is that I haven't had much of an urge to eat, let alone overeat! I've kept up with my workouts though, this week is S&H every other day and cardio in between. I've been trying out a new DVD for cardio called 'Cardio Trilogy'. It's a CIA video with three workouts on it. I got it pretty cheap on deep discount (or overstock, can't remember). Already I'm liking the one workout with the three instructors taking turns. I had so much fun with it this morning I lost track of time and was late for work. The HRM gave me a decent reading too- 405 - and that wasn't for the whole workout. For some reason the HRM wasn't registering until after I was done with the warm up segment. The wrist unit is giving me a low battery sign so it's a matter of time before having to get the battery replaced.

This afternoon the big boss is taking us out for our 'Year End Appreciation Dinner', well actually it's a late lunch but it's at a fairly nice restaurant in town. I've already looked at their menu online and see they have some nice looking salads. Since it's on the company nickel, I'll top the salad with Ahi tuna.:9 I'm going to be a good melter girl and forgo the bread, alcohol and dessert!

Since I'm posting at work I don't have much time for personals. I'll catch up with everyone later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.