~~Melting Away ~~- Wednesday

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Today I did 4DS Kickbox only. 180 Calories burned. I usually like to see over 300, or at least over 200. x( .

Judy:
We only got a few inches and it is now cleared up in the streets at least. Contrary to popular belief, we don;t get as much snow as Syracuse or even Rochester. It's those dang 12 foot accumulated blizzards that get us our reputation as the "snow capital of the world". We usually get one big storm a year, then not much otherwise.

Shelley:
Sorry to hear Aunt Flo decided to visit in the middle of the night no less!

Shannon:
Can you do weight work without hurting the calf? maybe just quit cardio for a week and see how it goes?

Michelle:
Congrats on getting up early! It's a great feeling when you know it is done for the day. Very strange on the I-Train thing. Can you use your husbands e-mail?

Emily:
Great workout yesterday! I can't believe you can do an Imax and a leg workout!

Lainie:
You don;t sound like you are getting better. A trip back to the DR for more meds?

Tneah:
I'm also doing 4DS but not the cardio ( except today I did the Kickbox). I think you will see you get pretty good results with this one!

B:
Welcome back! I can feel that plane ride! I was in one when the winds got up to 85 miles an hour when we were trying to land in Buffalo. They closed the control tower because one of the windows had crashed in. Needless to say we didn;t land but ended up going back to Pittsburghx( . It was scary!

Robin:
Sorry to hear about your knee. Can you stand with a brace on? what about walking?

Cari:
We Melters will define those odds BY ANY MEANS!. No weight gaining here!;-)

Have a great day!

Deb

Goodmorning meltdowners.

Deb, yes, I can stand. I'm considering using a knee brace during workouts from now on. As much as I hate to say this, I may drop down to a 6 inch step too. Everyone knows how much I love my 8 inches}(

I'm going to try to do an upper body workout this afternoon. I was just to tired and the knee too achy yesterday. I'm happy to report no weight gain due to inactivity yet.

Uh oh, I'm out of time and have to get to work. I'll try to get back later with some personals. Stay focused melters!

Hi there-

Deb- I thought your area got more lake effect snow. we got ove a foot locally, but up in the city they got less.

Robin- Using a 6 inch step is really a good idea for high impact and interval workouts. How are you going to structure your upper body week(s) ?

It is coffee time. I have only a few minutes so I'll have a look around an hope to visit here later.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Judy, I haven't figured that out yet. I may do the upper body parts of CTX or 4DS. Or a may do the Gym Style upper body workouts. Whatever strikes my fancy when I get home. I wish I was more inspried though. It's far to easy to say "My knee hurts, I'll just bag it."

Morning Melters!

Deb - are you in Buffalo? That's not far from me at all!

Robin - I think both the knee braces and the six inch step sound like good ideas, at least to ease back into things.

Judy - Have you given any more thought to that espresso machine?

Well, I have horrible cramps today (thanks for sending them my way, Tneah!!!!) and back cramps too. I've blasted myself with Advil, so hopefully they'll back off soon. Today's workout is 4DS BC/Bis and Tris and some kind of core.

It's COLD here! Yikes! Work continues to be busy but I'm trying to check in as much as I can.

Howdy y'all!

This morning was ME Upper Body and Abs. The eating is going well too, but I just found out what the Blizzard of the Month is at Dairy Queen (peppermint chocolate chip). :9 Must.resist.temptation.

Deb, oh goodness, I didn't ALL of IMAX3 and then a leg workout! I just did the Step Only premix. I'm not that masochistic! ;)

Robin, LMAO at you and your love for 8 inches. }(

Judy, you got over a foot of snow??? :eek: We got less than an inch. But it was enough to make the roads icy. I basically slid all the way from my house to the highway. :p

Shelley, I hope those cramps go away!

I hope everyone else is having a good day so far! Keep on melting!!! :D

Shelley, I hope the Advil does the trick.

Emily, have you seem the Ghiardelli Peppermint Bark squares? To.die.for.

Morning, Melters -

Somehow I don't feel like I should bother to post here anymore. I'm definitely not melting. But oh well. I like y'all.

I took a sick day today. I'm just flat out worn out. In fact, I'm about to turn this computer off and go veg on the couch. Last night I did NOTHING... exept open the PB jar. I didn't do too much damage there, though. Later today I have an appointment with my physical therapist. She doesn't know it, but we're going to do some in depth discussion. Things just aren't going well at all. Dang it.

Deb - I was trying to do some lower body weights, but stuff like lunges stretches my calf too much. That's one of the things I'm going to talk to the PT about.

Robin - I hope the knee brace works for you. And maybe once you get your knee strengthened, you can go back up to 8 inches on the step, at least for some workouts. You're definitely making the right decisions!

Shelley - I hope your cramps subside in time for your workout!

Emily - you can do it! Resist that Blizzard!.... unless you just don't want to.... }(

Good Morning Melters, I feel like I do not belong here either lately. I just haven't been watching myself AT ALL lately, I do not know whats up with my attitude. Geez, at least I am exercising and not gaining right?

I tried to post my tree pic, but since I have a MAC computer, there is something on the boards that doesn't allow uploads with the MAC, I know! I am ready to go back to my trusty ole PC, everything internet-wise was so much more simple. I even had a pic of my dog in a santa hat!:) Our MAC guys are here for the week, and they don't have a clue either.

I did 4DS Shoulders/Core yesterday, followed by Windsor Pilates leg work with the band, I need to focus a little more on developing my hip muscles.

Shelley, I am truly sorry about the cramps, heating pads are your friend, so are sleep and strong drugs:) feel, better soon.

Robin, take care with that knee, thank goodness it was only a sprain, not a tear which could have required surgery. I know its frustrating for you, but take care and soon enough it will be all healed and good as new. It had been bugging you for awhile?

Shannon, same for you, take care of that calf muscle, injuries are so frustrating! Boy, we are quite a bunch aren't we??

Lainie, hope you are faring better today!

Emily, blizzards? Are those the ice cream mixed with candy bars? Oh boy!:)

Deb, you are always up and so cheery!I get up a read that you have already worked out and half your day is gone...it motivates me to start mine!

Hi, to Mich, Michelle and everyone I might have overlooked this morning. Gotta go, I have 8 people flying in for a breakfast meeting, and 4DS Kickbox/Legs to finish!

Happy Hanukkah ( I know it started yesterday) to those of you who celebrate this holiday--I am not Jewish, but like to sing the "dreidel" song to my husband who is! :7 :7

Good morning All!

Day 1 (yesterday) went well. I ate clean and I got my PUB workout in, as planned. I must admit I had the strongest craving for pizza last night (and not the healthy kind) but all I had was a salad after my workout. :) Baby steps!

Deb - I can't wait to get my HRM that I requested for Christmas... I have no idea how many calories I burn in any given workout.

Robin - Congrats on not gaining any weight! I know it's far too easy to come up with any excuse to not workout, but I have faith in you!! I know you can do it!!! Don't disappoint us!! ;) Have I guilted you into it yet???

Judy - I thought of you this morning when my fiancee made me an espresso on our espresso machine. My fiancee owns a coffee shop and he is one of those people who considers coffee a meal. He definitely can't live without an espresso machine at home.

Shelley - Trust me, I know how you feel with those cramps! They are a terror. I've always said that in my next life I want to be a man. :p Kudos to you for working out in spite of them! I used to use cramps as an excuse not to do anything but I can't afford to do that anymore. I need to melt!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Emily - Good luck resisting temptation! That blizzard sounds delicious! And I pass by not 1 but 2 DQs on my way home... x( Heck , wish me luck resisting temptation!!

Shannon - Don't give up on us! Good luck with the PT today!!!

Hello to all who check in later. Hope everyone has a great melty day!!

Hiya Melter's!

I was gone all day yesterday and didn't have time to post. I'm sure you've all melted a little in my absence ;)

I'm doing pretty well, although I had a fairly big slip up at lunch yesterday when I was eating on the run, I more than made up for it the rest of the day with squeaky clean eating. Yesterday was a rest day but I threw in a segment of Classical Stretch. 4DS Chest and back is on my rotation for today, and I'll be doing a CC workout instead of HIS.

I'll BBL for personals. Have a great day, everyone :)

I may have to edit my comment about not gaining any weight after today's lunch. We celebrated a co-worker's 60th birthday with a Harry Potter theme party. We had home made stromboli (filled parchments), Mrs Weasley's onion soup, Hogwart's Express cake and butter beer. The butter beer was yummy! Warm apple cider with a scoop of ice cream that had been mixed with butter and spices. I may have to make some of that for Christmas Eve. Now I'm full and need a nap. Yawn.

>I tried to post my tree pic, but since I have a MAC computer,
>there is something on the boards that doesn't allow uploads
>with the MAC, I know! I am ready to go back to my trusty ole
>PC, everything internet-wise was so much more simple. I even
>had a pic of my dog in a santa hat!:) Our MAC guys are here
>for the week, and they don't have a clue either.

Tneah, I use a Mac and have had no problem posting pictures. Are you uploading your photos to a hosting website first? If you want to post pictures on the forums, they must be hosted on a site like Picturetrail or Photobucket (I think Photobucket is easier to use). There shouldn't be any problems whether you're on a PC or a Mac. Don't give up on your Mac - they are actually much more intuitive and easy-to-use once you get past your old PC habits. :)

Guess what? I melted a little. I went for a walk, stopped by Mom's and just for the heck of it climbed on the scale. I lost two pounds. It's probably leg muscle, but oh well. I'm officially a Melter now! :7

Thanks Emily, I will try this! And Robin, yummers, I need some of the "beer" drink right now!:9
Yeah Miss Melter Shannon! I know, I lost muscle too I think when I had dropped those 10 pounds, but its still nice to see the numbers go down right? Welcome, well, I cannot really welcome, I gained back the three pounds I thought I lost. What the hell is going on? But my bodyfat says its dropped and the jeans fit well, so my scale can seriously kiss my soon-to-be rock hard ass!}(

Oh, who knows if Lox are fattening? Its liked smoked salmon, I am sitting here staring at two pounds of it (after my breakfast meeting), bagels, potato pancakes, sour cream and applesauce-does anyone want to come over and eat?:7

Hi all. Just popping in quickly to say I'm still sick but I'm in a good mood. I took a nap this afternoon while Ewan was napping. If I'm still feeling crummy tomorrow I'll call the doctor. The good news is my physical therapist wants me to try my regular workouts and see how my ankle does--my 2 appointments next week may be my last (though I'll miss my cute PT :p). I thought about trying to work out today but took that nap instead, so I'll try something tomorrow.

Tneah, I have a Mac and it does the pictures o.k.--I host mine at http://www.photobucket.com to post them here.

Hope to BBL for more personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Xmas02.jpg

This is my black tree!! I am so excited that it worked, I cannot believe I did it myself! Thanks to you gals, hum, maybe you should come work for us! Those IT guys couldn't figure it out.:7

WOW! That is one beautiful tree! I love it tneah.

Lox are probably about the same caloric value as salmon. Full of good fat. Yum! And I'm LOL at your soon-to-be rock hard butt. You go girl.

Great melting Shannon.

Lanie, that's great news about your ankle. Good luck.

I just finished gym style back etc. Yay for me!

Tneah, your tree is gorgeous!

I wanted to take a little nap today and...3 hours later :eek: . I've had a cold brewing for days and it's just lurking under the radar, but it's enough to make me feel sluggish and tired. I still need to do my workout and clean up my kitchen from breakfast and lunch ;( . Frankly, I feel like going back to bed and pulling the covers up over my head. I better scoot. I'll see y'all in the morning.

Thanks guys-ah shucks.:) Sorry, I am on a role now, posting all of these silly things-cause I can!

Michelle, rest and then rest some more, your body is talkin' to you.

Glad to hear you got a back workout in Robin, oh, and don't you all just love my little gal's outfit? I wish I had it in black....

mz_0806_10036626050-2.gif
:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.