~~Melters: It's Finally Friday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well finally we are coming up to the weekend. I have next week off and do not go back until the day after Christmas! Yeah:7

Today I did a 40 min I-Train. The weather here is bitterly cold, although the temp is around 33 degrees. We got some snow yesterday, but it is already melting.

Robin:
We are supposed to get some type of storm Sat night .

Judy:
I just can't sleep past 4:00 much during the week. On the weekend I "sleep in" till 5:00or 5:30! Hope you were able to get all your errands done!

Shelley:
I waved from the Tim Horton's while we were eating lunch. I did not have a donut! I did not mean that I wanted Sophie to start melting! Just good healthy "melting vibes" from us.

Emily:
Let us know what you think of Calorie King. I use Fitday when I am in a logging mood. I still track my weight there, just don;t list the foods any longer. Lots of people like SmartPeople too.

TK:
High ^^^'s on the weight loss!:) I do the same thing when my HRM craps out.. I feel like the workout did not count! How obsessive is that? As for the strap slipping, I use pretty good jogging bras with firm bands and tuck it under there. I have never had it slip out yet. Maybe you need to adjust the band and make is smaller.. afer all you have lost over 6 pounds! I bought that Classical Stretch DVD and only did it once. I know I should add some stretching into a rotation but I don;t want to spend any more time..so this is one of the things that gets cut out.

Tneah:
Try a 30 min upper body only massage.. it does do a world of good for tight muscles.. I was the same way you are. I did not want a stranger touching me. After a few gift certificates that I really felt I had to use, I got used to it and it's not that bad! You and I are in the same spot with trying to decide what to do for the next workouts. I have been using 4DS for 6 weeks I think, and I like the weight work so much, I don;t feel like changing.

Lainie:
Don't you just love being snowed in when you don;t have to go anywhere? Where exactly are you? Sounds like you are getting hit pretty hard with the snow.

Michele:
can you post that link to the 16 week max weight loss rotation? You may have done it already but I think I missed it!

P.S I got my Cathe calendar yesterday..

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Hey, where are all the Melters today??? Have they all melted away? :)

I am trying my darndest to melt away. I am LOVING Calorie King. It's not free ($55 for a year), but I like it so much better than the free services I've tried (fitday and sparkpeople). I find it much easier to use, and their food database is the BEST I've ever seen - they have EVERYTHING in there.

Deb, I can't wait to get my Cathe Calendar! I hope it comes today or tomorrow! How does it look?

Tneah, have you never had a massage before? O.M.G. You must go NOW! I see a sports massage therapist regularly because I have a lot of knots (trigger points) in my shoulders and neck, and the muscles in hips get really wonky and spastic. My massage therapist is so good at working on my problem areas. The deep tissue work feels great (most of the time - sometimes it does hurt, but it's a good hurt). I highly recommend deep tissue and trigger point massage! :)

I hope everyone else is doing well today on this lovely Friday! Did I mention this is my last day of work for 2007??? Hooray!!! :D :7 :D

Goodmorning Deb, Emily and all the later posting melters.

Deb, I sure do envy your time off. Emily too. I have to save my vacation time since DH and I have a week trip planned in March and another in June. I'm only taking Christmas Eve day and Christmas off.
Still, four days off seems luxourious. And I'm sure that is spelled wrong.

I'm hoping to try LIS from 4DS tomorrow and see how the knee reacts. It still twinges and makes a funny thumpy bumpy grating feeling sometimes. I get so down when I think of all the things I love to do that a bum knee may put a halt to. But everyone keeps reminding me that knees take a long time, and even longer at my age, I would guess.

Judy, I didn't have any problems getting home last night. DH picked my up and we dropped my car off for tires. I don't think we got as much snow as predicted. I'm all ready to be cozily snowed in this weekend. How about you?

TK, way to go on your melting! I knew it would start to come off. I'm just happy to be remaining the same, since my eating has been atrocious and I haven't worked out in about 8 days. I know I should be doing upper body stuff, but I just haven't had the will power to get started.

tneah, there are lots of people who feel the same as you about strangers giving them massages. Funny, but I find a massage from a stranger more therapeutic then one from my DH. He always has an ulterior motive.}(

Lanie, don't you dare get sick again! How much snow did you end up with. I think we have about 4 inches.

Hey to B, Michele, Shelley and anyone I may have missed. Back to the kitchen for me. Oh cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.

Hi everyone. I still feel crummy today and I can't quite figure it out. I have a stuffy nose (could be allergies) but I've also had heartburn, something I haven't had since being pregnant (and I'm NOT pregnant now). What's especially annoying is this heartburn came on yesterday, when I ate cleaner than I have for days. I also had a pretty clean breakfast (Shredded Wheat n Bran with banana on top). This is not an unusual breakfast for me so I'm not sure where this heartburn problem is coming from. I don't even have any Tums or anything since this is not a common issue. I'm going out to run some errands soon, and I'll get some then. Maybe it's just the cumulative effect of too many cookies this week (I made cookies on Sunday for a party that night, then we ended up staying home--with the cookies).

Speaking of cookies, I'm not weighing in today. I feel bloated and ugh and think I'll just be good this weekend, drink lots of water, and weigh in on Monday. Is that cheating?

Deb, I'm so jealous you got your Cathe Calendar already--I was really hoping mine would come yesterday. I live in Rockland County, not far northwest of NYC. We didn't get a huge accumulation of snow, but enough that I had to shovel quite a bit. DH was at work so I shoveled so he could get back in the driveway last night. I'm such an awesome wife.

Emily, congrats on your last day of work for the year. Enjoy the time off!

Robin, don't think I'm sick, just still in slow recovery from the sickness and my own inane bad eating habits. I think we got maybe 4-5 inches of snow, but I'm a bad judge of that. Growing up in Texas doesn't give one a talent for snow measurement (and I wasn't in the panhandle where I think it actually snows quite a bit).

Hello to everyone who follows. Hope to BBL but need to go run some errands before I pick up DS Ewan from nursery school.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hey all!

Deb - where were you in Oakville? There's a Tim's right next to my office!

Robin - how many cookies are you baking, exactly? And what do you do with them all? Sophie and I will do some baking next weekend, but not much because it's only the three of us and we don't need all that stuff in the house.

Lainie - you ARE a wonderful wife! I shoveled last night too. My SO hardly ever shovels, even when he's home to do it.

Emily - I'm so utterly jealous of your last day of work! Mine will be next Friday then I don't come back until January 2nd.

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'm still stuck at 4 lbs, so clearly I need to kick up the clean eating a notch, but it's SO HARD at this time of year! I think that I'll just work on maintaining that 4 lb loss and crack down after the holidays. That sounds more doable.

G'mornin Merry Melter's!

We're expecting a major snowstorm so I'm going to forgo personals in lieu of errandizing. I have so many places to go today -- UGH!

For anyone who's interested I'll post the 16 week weight loss rotation. It's an oldie originally posted by Cathe in 2001. I intend to use it as a template to design my own rotation for January. Of course, my rotation won't include cardio workouts that have the word "MAX" in them ... or "BLAST" -- LMAO!!

Hello to my fellow melter's! I'll BBL if I can.

I found the rotation here:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=70593&mesg_id=70593&listing_type=search

Cathe’s Sixteen-Week Maximum Weight Loss Rotation

Cathe’s Notes: I think in addition to using my tapes, it’s important to cross train with a variety of activities to get the most out of any rotation. Try this four-week rotation (4 times in a row, totaling 16 weeks) along with the cleanest and healthiest eating plan you think you can stick to.
Remember to eat enough nutritious calories to support your activity level or else you will slow your metabolism down. Good luck and have fun!

WEEK ONE:

Mon..... Cardio Kicks
Tues....PS BBA plus a 30 minute walk/run interval program. (A seven-minute walking warm up followed by seven/four minutes cycles where you run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute). Then cool down and stretch.
Wed..... Power Max
Thurs....Interval Max
Fri..... Off
Sat..... PS SL&A
Sun..... PS CST Plus the cardio portion of Xpress Step & Intervals.

WEEK TWO:
Mon: MIC
Tues: MIS
Wed: Off
Thurs: Step Fit
Fri: MIS
Sat: A 40 minute walk run workout. Aim to run more than walk. Then cool down and stretch.
Sun: Circuit Max

WEEK THREE:
The Cross Train Express series in the order of your choice. But separate the Power Circuit video from the Leaner Legs video. Seventh day is OFF.

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Biking for 45 minutes (if you are including some hills, then 35 minutes). Cool Down and stretch.
Tues: Step Works
Wed: PS BBA plus a 30-minute interval run/walk workout.
Thurs: PS CST Plus the same bike routine as Monday.
Fri: PS L/A
Sat: OFF
Sun: Body Max

Hi All! Happy Friday!:)

You know when you wake up and feel bloaty and kinda "gross?" I am having one of those mornings. Although I did power through half a bag of baked potato chips last night and had some wine, so crap, that probably contributed right?}( I was watching Project Runway.....Heidi Klum was actually flirting with Tiki Barber (a very handsome ex-football player who did a guest spot on the show), it was a bit revolting actually...oh I am soo catty huh?:7

Anyway...my muscles are so tight, you know that special place right under the shoulder blades? Good grief. So is my neck and low back, might have to give in and schedule a massage this weekend. The hot baths and vino are not working! This is a pilates day, so I think I may pull out the stretch P90X workout and try that instead.

Lainie, shoveling snow is such a workout. I used to do it in Salt Lake when we lived there, we would get dumped on.Take care of that heartburn, I get it alot, especially when I eat tuna fish for some reason.

Robin, have fun baking and "nesting" this weekend. Your knee will heal, yeah, it does take time, but get to work on the that upper body already! I wish my DH would massage me with "ulterior" motives! His version of a massage is to rub really hard for about 5 seconds...now THAT could be taken the wrong way....oh dear.

Shelley, hold strong with the 4 pound loss, the new year is right around the corner...

Emily, yeah! The last day of work this year, have fun, fun, fun!

Deb, I know, I want to see that "Ultimate Workout" deal too.

Hi to TK, Mich, Michelle and everyone I may have missed!:7

Hi Melters. Today I had the day off from work so I did all my Christmas shopping. Thankfully I don't have a lot of people to shop for. Even the kids I need to shop for are at the age where they just like money, which is fine for me. I usually put the money in a puzzle box, so they have to work at getting it out. I don't know how many calls I've gotten on Christmas morning asking for a hint on how to open that year's box. I have a really tough one this year }(

Today was S+H chest and back. For some reason I like working chest and back best.

Deb: Enjoy your time away. It'll be nice for you not having to travel anywhere if the weather is bad. You're right about the band of my HRM needing tightening. I realized it wasn't tight enough when it started slipping but didn't want to stop to adjust it. Once I get my HR up in the zone I don't want to stop and lose the 'zone'. Knock wood, the battery is still hanging in there but I think it's on borrowed time now.

Emily: Yeah I hate when I'm trying to enter food on those calorie counting sites and they don't have the item on their list. Entering stuff from the labels takes so much time. $55 a year would be worth it if they have a really robust list.

Robin: Take it easy on your knee. If you're still feeling funny bumpy twingy feelings, you should rest it more. By the way I don't think you answered my question about your cookies. Do you freeze the completed cookies or do you freeze the dough? I love cookies but don't make them since it's too tempting for me to have them sitting around. If I could freeze them or the dough, then maybe that would work.

Lainie: Did your doctor check you for mono? You've been sick for a while.

Shelley: Maintaining is good at this time of year. I think I read somewhere that the average person gains 8 pounds during the holidays. Ugh!

Tneah: Yeah, the salt in those chips probably contributed to that bloaty feeling! All I have to do is look at a picture of the ocean and I bloat so much my rings are too tight. Hey, you gotta have a deep tissue massage. Oh so wonderful, especially on and around the shoulder blades (I get real tight there too). If you go in, a good masseuse will ask you where she needs to concentrate. They will find the knots and they'll keep working them until they are gone.

Michele: LOL, I think all the cardio she has listed in that rotation contains 'max' or 'blast'. Well I guess that's why you're known as a 'hater'.

Hi ladies. I'm back from a marathon shopping trip from one end of the county to the other. We got just about everything on the list, then stopped for dinner before heading home.

Shelley and TK, I think I made about 13 different kinds of cookie so far this year. TK, I freeze the finished product, then get them out of the freezer the week before Christmas or so. I take a huge tray to work, mail some to friends, give some to other friends, then put a tray out for company after lunch and dinner. That way, I don't have to worry about any desserts except Christmas day dinner. I also take a big tray to the open house my pastor holds the Sunday before Christmas. Everyone in my family seems to appreciate my cookies, so I'll keep making them till I'm old and feeble. Oh, and my knee did great on the shopping trip. I think today I turned a corner. I picked up a brace and plan on 30 minutes of low impact step on 6 inches. Wish me luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.