~~just another manic (c&t) monday~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

The day started off good. I decided to do S&H this week - one body part per day. I did biceps this morning followed by BM2 timesaver cardio. She kills me with the two risers... geesh. I just recently purchased S&H. I have done parts of them on Fit TV (a gazillion years ago) so I'm not super familiar with them. I like Cathe in these... she's calm, chatty, carefree. I might stick with this for a while. We'll see how my body/weight responds. Speaking of which, someone mentioned (when I was talking about weight loss for me) that our bodies fluctuate +5/-5 #s and it's no big deal and I agree except 5# on me is a LOT. It is the diff between my pants fitting and being WAY too tight so I have to find a place where I can stay at a comfortable weight or buy some new pants (that will be huge on me when my weight is down). It's just not practical to have two wardrobes. :)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Just enjoyed a quiet day with the fam. Church and then hanging around the house.

Kate, sorry about the carb fest. I hear you on those. They are just never worth it. I can't believe you go to FL so soon. And I liked TF too. I thought it was good. I'm a band hater so it's good for me to get some use out of it!

Becky, I love the ideas that Jamie Oliver has. I've looked at the lunch offerings that the ps my kids will go to has and it's disgusting. I think they will get to eat there once per week. The rest of the time, I will pack. And I agree with Kate, you're an awesome gma!

Anne, hope you had a great time in Chi-town. I miss it for sure!! What's the latest on TCB? I love to hear all the juicy details. :)

Nina, can't wait to hear what the doc says. I'm sure it will give you some peace of mind. How was date night? What movie did you see?

Wendy, how's the packing coming? Hope you are able to get a dentist appt. I bet you are so ready to see DH!!

Clintonya, sounds like you had a busy weekend. Boy do I miss Costco! Everything here comes in mini size packages. Can't even buy a gallon of milk!! :(

Colleen, have you made a job decision? How was NY?

Klaudia, busy weekend with the girls? You happy to have D home?

Katie, you were quiet this weekend. Everything okay? How ya feeling?

Well, girls are back at school today and it's eerily quiet. I'm going to grab an early lunch and get ready to pick them up. Have a great Monday!

Morning ladies! Yes, Angie, I as quiet this weekend wasn't I... I'm really rocking this "I'm pregnant and hormonal and sick and tired and disgusted with my flabby self" feeling :( I've been praying a lot about it this weekend - and actually up a lot last night thinking and praying about it. I just want to embrace this journey and enjoy the experience - and not stress all freaking day over what I am eating and how my belly looks, etc. I guess at this stage it's just so easy to forget that you are preg because the only sign you have had was a positive test (or in my case, 4 positive tests:D). You don't have a bump, no movement, no heartbeat, no u/s photo. You just feel like crap and it's soooo easy to forget WHY.

Okay, enough, onward and upward!

Our weekend was good - Saturday I was at the ball field in the blazing sun from 930 to 130 and by the end of it I felt like death. Collin's game was good - just a little scrimage - but the first time he batted he hit the ball and then ran to the pitchers mound instead of 1st base!:eek::) After his game, he went for the weekend with Frank's parents, and I went home and crashed. Chris and I went out Saturday night and had dinner, ran and few errands, and then watched a movie on tv. Yesterday was church, more errands/shopping, more napping:eek:, and then last night we grilled out with SIL & BIL.

I made my first maternity wear purchase yesterday - new bras - 34DD!!:confused: The straight D was NOT cutting it any more! LOL.

I did workout on Saturday but not yesterday. Nothing yet so far today, but I will tonight I promise!

Angie, 5 lbs freaks me out too! It's a difference of a size of clothes for me too.
I havent done SH in ages but I remember liking it.

-
Hoping to do a bunch of errands today - we'll see how that goes!
WO will be STS wk 3 ch-sh-bi for the 2nd time. I am LOVING STS this time around. Makes a difference doing each wo 2x too.
off to shower all by myself before the hoodlums awake!

Katie, I missed you earlier. Hang in there babe! This stage of pg is so hard - your hormones are doing crazy things and will level out soon. You'll be in your 2nd tri before you know it and that bump will be out for everyone to see!:D Speaking of u/s - are you going to find out what the sex? Is Collin offering forth any names?:p

Good Morning Girls ! :)

Great weekend here too !! DH put a tree swing up and then a disc swing too , in another tree , for the boys when they are over here playing. :) And hey, I can swing too, right ???? :) :)

No workouts all weekend, except that I slipped some core in yesterday.
Today starts a week of pyramids, with cardio & core on alternating days ! I'm looking forward to it !

Angie, I gotta do S & H again soon. I have trouble staying focused but I really do see results from that series !!!
Katie, YAY for Collins hit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No worries about him running to the pitchers mound. He'll get it. I love that sort of thing. Watching the kids play football Sat. there was one guy who kept breaking out in a dance every time the music started (in between plays) and I looked out there once and Brayden was scratching his butt ! They are all so cute .

Kate, I know how excited you are about your Florida trip ! I can't believe it's coming up so fast now !!! Lucky you !! Can I sneak into your luggage ?? I'll watch the girls so you and Mike can have some date nights (or days).

Time to get off the couch and start my workout.

bbiab

morning! made my oatmeal with almond milk today per suggestion on OD and it was sooooooooo good!!! lets see if i can manage not to completely kill my good start this morning. im so good at that recently, lol.

headed to the gym for ellip and wts. the ellip has been very kind to my knee, thankfully, but i may hop on the bike again soon just for some variety. putting new music on my ipod has helped =)

angie, why IS everything is small packages there? i remember that. my aunt and uncle drove into the village and shopped every day... it was like the whole day was planned around going for fresh food, who would they meet at the cafe, etc. ok for an old couple but hard for fams i bet. the only thing they bought in quantity seemed to be the wine!!!! i don't have S&H but have been curious -- how is the music?

katie, take it easy on yourself, the hormones just make you feel a mess sometimes at the beginning. sleep when you need to. eat small and often. it will pass! I felt my dh was less sympathetic at the beginning than the end because it wasnt visible, even though i felt terrible in the first tri. of course he does not remember this now! what are you doing for WOs when you feel up to it?

becky, enjoy pyramids!! i have such fond memories of that one because it was my rotation right before my wedding/cruise. wish we had room and the right kind of trees for a swing, but then again we have a park literally across the street... thats the tradeoff for city living.

kate, glad you are enjoying STS this time! hope you manage to fit in all your errands... lol @ your "hoodlums" and getting to shower all by yourself. thats why i LOVE showering at the gym, not that its the best shower but theres no kids!!

becky, ive been begging for a tire swing for yeeeeeears! we have this huge old tree out front that is perfect for one. Yours sounds so fun!
Florida is coming FAST and I CANNOT WAIT!!! 11 days to go! We actually will get a date night there! We're staying with our friends that have 2 small kids. We're planning on each of us getting a date night and I'll get a girls night out w/ my BFF too! How awesome is that?!

Katie, I was always too anal too!:D

Wendy, A solo shower is a priceless thing! Seems like there is always someone either IN the shower or in the room when I'm just trying to wash my hair!
Hope teh gym goes good for you today!
I'm very curious about almond milk - need to see if our store sells it or figure out how to make it on my own.

-
Gotta get the kids ready to go! Later, my lovelies!

Morning!

Busy day-need to go grocery shopping, workout, and we have dance tonight. I was a sloth all weekend-did no workouts at all and eats were not so good:eek: I did get a hair cut and color though:)

Angie, I love S&H-my neighbor has it right now and I need to get it back from her. I love Jamie Oliver too-I wish our school district would adopt his ideas. My girls get hot lunch once/week if they want-Milla rarely does-usually only if it's pancakes:)

Katie, I remember your situation well-I was very self-conscious toward the end of my 1st trimester that's why I started wearing more fitted clothes so people could really see my bump! Holy boobies! I was 36E when I was breastfeeding!:eek: Never want to be that big again!

Becky, your grandkids are going to have such great memories of being at your house:) Your workouts sound great!

Wendy, was there enough protein in yor breakfast? That's one of the reasons I haven't tried the almond milk. Have a great workout!

Kate, hope you get all your errands done! 11 days will be here in the blink of an eye!

kate, i think if you have a really powerful blender (like blendtec or vitamix) that you could easily make almond milk. alas, i have a cheapo blender that barely crushes ice and frozen fruit in a smoothie without sounding like its about to die...

Wendy - he is precious !!!!!!!!!! How old is he again ?? He looks older than I was thinking, but then I look at Jackson and can't believe how much he is doing already & how big he's gotten ! They grow so fast !!

Everyone's so chatty this morning ! :)

I just finished PUB and my arms are still shaking from those BICEPS !:eek::eek: I'd forgotten about those !!! OUCHIE but in a good way.;)

I HEART almond milk !!! I tried it because I liked the lower sugar and I ended up loving it !! I buy unsweetened original, chocolate and vanilla and use it for everything !!! Good stuff ! :)

Yay on Florida Kate and double yay on date night !!!! You're going to have an awesome vacation !!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was running around from the moment I got home until I finally sat down around 8:30 (okay, I sat for dinner too). This morning has been a little crazy due to some family drama. We are traveling to DH's aunt for Thanksgiving. MIL thought it would be a great idea to have a surprise retirement party for DH. Well, this weekend we were talking about flights and there is a nonstop that leaves at 6:00 am. Since aunt lives 2 hours from the airport we said we would stay close to the airport the night before we leave. Then MIL started sighing, asking if we could fly back Monday, etc. So I told DH that I bet she is planning the party for Sat. night and I am not booking any flights until I know when this party is. He calls her this morning and she said it was Saturday. When was she going to tell us this? She originally told us the party was Friday but never told us she had to change it to Saturday because the place was booked. We are also having the party with her family not FIL's family which DH is pissed about.

Workout was KBX (first 4 combos). Breakfast was a buff smoothie and scrambled eggs.

Wendy, JJ is adorable! I have never tried almond milk either. I grew up on regular milk that I know it will be hard to change.
Angie, I couldn't get into S&H but everyone says it is a great workout. Maybe I will buy the download and try again.
Becky, yeah on the shaking arms. I remember those bicep exercises being a killer.
Kate, wow 2 adult nights on your vacation! That's great. Sorry about the carb fest yesterday. I don't know why we do that to ourselves either.
Katie, enjoy the time now. Last time I saw my sister she had just grown out of regular clothes so she didn't want to eat anything.
Klaudia, that's great that Milla doesn't want school lunches. I always wanted them - I guess because my mom never let me have them.
Clintonya, I need to make a Costco trip soon. Maybe I will try to do it after work.
Lisa, where have you been? Are you surviving the spring sports season?
Anne, have fun in Chicago.
Nina, how did the dr. appt go?

Have a great day everyone!

Nina- hope you had luck at the doctors today .

Colleen- ugh at FD that is starting over a holiday that is 7 months away !!!! ugh the holiday's can be the worst !! Hope it all gets resolved.

Good morning!

Angie, wow, never realized that about France, but I guess it is setup more for neighborhood shopping where people would go to the store daily???

Katie, that was a busy weekend!! I agree, try to just embrace it :) It’s 9 months, even less now and you aren’t flabby, just pregnant :)

Kate, good you decided to take a rest day! Get going on those errands so you can get to vacation!! :D

Becky, the swing sounds like fun for you and the grandkids :) pub always gets me for some reason!

Wendy, have a good w/o! He is so cute!!

Klaudia, don’t know if you saw my post from yesterday, but I hope you can post some pictures off your girl’s recital. And, congrats to Danica :)

Colleen, that is way too much drama for early on a Monday morning!! Hope your day is going well.

Hi everyone!!

Today is flying! Trying to be really productive, we will see how long that lasts :) Will bbl.

Clintonya

please let this day not be awful. i ran 16 miles this am, got the boys to school, and went to my doc who suggested melatonin and an antidepressant. i am not so keen on the anti depressant but will try the melatonin for 2 weeks. i am hormonal and havebeen working all morning, and dh is home. i just sat down to this forum, and dh starts to give me a hard time about "wasting" my time and being "unhealthy" b/c i am on the computer on cathe:mad::mad: holy cow! i mean, he worked all weekend, i was with the kids, is it so bad for me to just sit down and relax for a few?? needless to say, last night's date was wonderful. we did not go to the movie but had a nice dinner, and it was great. i just hatre it when he is in my space and starts to tell me how to behave:mad:

angie, i feel the same way about 5 lbs. wish i didn't!

kate, your vacation sounds like such fun. i am excited for you!

klaudia, 36e is crazy:eek: i got up to a c, now am a barely there b, but with my huge broad chest, i might as well be less than an a.

katie, ikwym about the first tri. we have been there. just do the best you can, and try just being kind to yourself. you don't have to be perfect.

colleen, so sorry for the holiday dranma already. that strinks.

becky, now i really want to do pyramids. i love those.

wendy, jj is too cute for words.

clintonya, i really hope this week is not so busy for you.

must go make lunch before they all get back. goodness knows i should not be on the computer:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi ladies! Getting ready to do my wo for today. PS Chests, Shoulders, and Tris (I think). I am tired from the weekend. I will be back after my workout with personals. I still have our state taxes which is due on the 20th to finish up on. What a pain. I haven't had anytime to do much of anything the last few days. My mil injured her toe badly so we've had to help out and then our weekend was totally filled. Saturday was more house hunting and Sunday was a picnic for my ds' basketball team then right after that we had to head out to DH's cousin's house. I'm pooped and even dreading my workout, but going to push through. Did Max Cardio yesterday. Eating...well, let's just say yesterday was not great. The rest of the week was pretty good though. Did I tell you guys that I discovered greek yogurt? That stuff is great and love that it has less cals than reg yogurt. Alright be back!

Angie - One body part/day is good. I don't have SH, but thought about getting it. Glad you're liking the series though. I missed Jamie Oliver this past week, but I've been watching the other weeks. I always get hungry for noodles after watching him cook it! It is amazing how some people are so stubborn to change that is meant to better their health.

Katie - I totally understand how you feel. Being pg is tough. Hormones and body changes can be brutal. Hang in there though. It's only temporary. Wow DD! I'm jealous, lol!

Kate - Did I ever tell you how much all my family loves that french bread recipe I got from you? It's like I've been designated the french bread person now. Thanks so much for sharing that recipe! Did you get your errands done? Solo showers are soooo nice.

Klaudia - Your weekend sounds similar to mine. I did eek out a wo yesterday morning though because I needed a boost of energy to last me for the whole day's events. Oooh, how did you cut and color turn out? I love getting my hair done. I am in bad need of a pedicure.

Colleen - Sorry about the FD. I hate the sighing thing. Hope it all works out in the end for you guys.

Clintoya - I'm hoping to be productive at work today too, but I really just want to veg. It's like I need a break from my weekend at work.

Nina - So sorry about the hard time DH is giving you about the computer. Maybe he wants more attention? I know my DH gets like that when he feels like I'm not paying attention to him even if it means just sitting next to him while he watches TV. Men, like boys just bigger.

OKay, off to shower and then to work. Did my wo. My shoulders are feeling that one. Okay, bfast is my greek yogurt with some granola. Lunch will be a roasted pepper hummus wrap I think. My stomach is growling right now. I ate way too much carbs this weekend. And a ton of fatty foods. Yeah, can you say two brownies and a piece of cake? Oh, I did make homemade oreos this weekend and they turned out really good. Oh yeah, add that to the pile of junk I ate. Taking that to work to get rid of them. Eugh, gross. Back on the clean eating wagon. Have a good Monday everyone!!

Weights are done! I fast forward thry all the chattiness between exercises and I swear I cut out about 10 minutes. Awesome!
Having such a nice day! Lots of errands this AM and clean eats too! Gonna pick up the girls from school and do some more errands and meet M out for dinner. Happy day.

Wendy, My good friend looooves her vitamix but I have a hard time spending that much money. I have a good Kitchenaid pro one but Im not altogether impressed with it.

Colleen, Thanksgiving drama already! egads!
Whats the word on the new job?!?!

Becky, I heart Pyramids. They are so fun!

Clintonya, Its so nice when a day goes by quickly isnt it? Well, not nice days, but YKWIM!;)

Nina, Sorry for the DH-drama! You just take as much time as you need here!:D
I would be hesitant to go on drugs too. My sister takes melatonin occasionally to help her sleep - she swears by it. Hope it works for you!

Lisa, You are the queen of busy weekends! Goodness! Any leads on any houses?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.